What's new

Sydney Protest this Saturday 13th March

DavidM

Patron with Honors
It was a very good protest even with the lower turnout. People mentioned that they had seen the Four Corners report, passers-by even stopped and waited for their turn to sign petitions. Imnotafraidanymore spoke brilliantly. If he wants to hog the mike again I'm all for it. I had to go at around 4 so I missed the impromptu after raid but it sounds great. I'm looking forward to the videos!

AnonKat

Crusader
It was a very good protest even with the lower turnout. People mentioned that they had seen the Four Corners report, passers-by even stopped and waited for their turn to sign petitions. Imnotafraidanymore spoke brilliantly. If he wants to hog the mike again I'm all for it. I had to go at around 4 so I missed the impromptu after raid but it sounds great. I'm looking forward to the videos!

proud

hannibal.jpg

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Sydney Org Basement

As I mentioned before, Sydney Org had one of their basement windows open and while we were passing it I quickly took the opportunity to take some snaps. Unfortunately when I went back a little later with another photographer they closed the window.

Here is some of what I salvaged from my quick shots:

1jncit.jpg

Overview of the basement

dp7lh4.jpg

The basement table

Note all those boxes are beer boxes! Though hopefully now empty of beer... The labels I could read had 'student' etc on them so now they house files.

dpbtx0.jpg

Some documents on the shelf

96gdnq.jpg

Close up of the massive archive of folders. How many do you want to guess are there?

Last edited:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Yep, Hercules st Org. I haven't been past 201 Castlereagh in quite a while.

Here is a video I have got online:

http://vimeo.com/10146411

We intercepted a SO member getting off the SO bus coming to AOSH ANZO and tried to talk to her.
Is anyone able to ID her?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I just watched the video, Zhent.

Despite the fact that I usually love your work, I think it's a mistake to call that one a "Conversation with a Sea Ogre",
A converstaion implies a willing exchange of ideas so it's probably better to call it what it is, "Harrasment of a Defenceless Sea Org Girl As She Makes Her Way To Work". It was painful to watch.

I understand I'mnotafraid's zeal but in this instance it was badly misguided.

You might consider consigning that one to the recycle bin, it does not paint a pretty picture.

Just my opinion.

OH DEAR!!!! I never realised i sounded so gay!!! Talk about rant!!! Maybe not a good example we did so well on that day and i did go a bit over the top.. sorry guys

Mystic

Crusader
I just watched the video, Zhent.

Despite the fact that I usually love your work, I think it's a mistake to call that one a "Conversation with a Sea Ogre",
A converstaion implies a willing exchange of ideas so it's probably better to call it what it is, "Harrasment of a Defenceless Sea Org Girl As She Makes Her Way To Work". It was painful to watch.

I understand I'mnotafraid's zeal but in this instance it was badly misguided.

You might consider consigning that one to the recycle bin, it does not paint a pretty picture.

Just my opinion.

The unpretty picture is the scifaggOT. She isn't very alive.

And excellent video quality. I can full-widescreen it and resolution is great.

Feral

Rogue male
I'm with Panda on this.

I really appreciate all the work you guys have done but if you consider can these SO folk as your friends or brothers and sisters you might consider an approach that is less confrontational. They've been misled more than most of us, eh?

I know that most exes have a spleen full of betrayal that sometimes bubbles to the top. I sure have one, but these individuals shouldn't find themselves feeling personally attacked.

'Cept maybe OSA....:D

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The unpretty picture is the scifaggOT. She isn't very alive.

And excellent video quality. I can full-widescreen it and resolution is great.
Get a f'ckn grip, Mystic!

That's probably because she's scared out of her skin and anyone seeing that should be able to recognise it as harassment!

She's not an OT, she's a girl alone being harassed and badgered by people who claim to be against abuse of Sea Org members. The end does not justify the means.

It's a footbullet for our side, plain and simple.

Zhent, it's probably too late now but I REALLY suggest you remove this clip. If you don't understand why, PM me.

Feral

Rogue male
She's been told you fellers are evil criminals, terrorists even, to tackle her while she's alone especially while there is more than one of you would distress her to the point that no communication could take place.

She probably broke down and cried when she got into the AO.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
She's been told you fellers are evil criminals, terrorists even, to tackle her while she's alone especially while there is more than one of you would distress her to the point that no communication could take place.

She probably broke down and cried when she got into the AO.

I agree. That poor girl must have been quite terrified and the way she was spoken to, was really harsh and I don't believe would do anything to help her leave the cult.

Mystic

Crusader
Get a f'ckn grip, Mystic!

That's probably because she's scared out of her skin and anyone seeing that should be able to recognise it as harassment!

She's not an OT, she's a girl alone being harassed and badgered by people who claim to be against abuse of Sea Org members. The end does not justify the means.

It's a footbullet for our side, plain and simple.

Zhent, it's probably too late now but I REALLY suggest you remove this clip. If you don't understand why, PM me.

I am so well "gripped" I see the tech for what it is.

So the chick played the victim role for you.

Well OK. I'm not sympathizing with her.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
The files in the basement look like Central Files, which is one folder for every person who ever bought anything from an org, including a book. Those files are then written to regularly forever and they also get mailings. And the usual stack of unfiled particles.

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
The files in the basement look like Central Files, which is one folder for every person who ever bought anything from an org, including a book. Those files are then written to regularly forever and they also get mailings. And the usual stack of unfiled particles.

Yeah Kooka, that's exactly what they are. the stack grows ever higher since they have nobody posted in that area.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I am so well "gripped" I see the tech for what it is.

So the chick played the victim role for you.

Well OK. I'm not sympathizing with her.
She wasn't playing at anything and it has nothing to do with your opinion of the tech but I guess you only see what you want to see.

She looks harassed to me and she'll undoubtedly also look like a victim to any magistrate/judge, solicitor/lawyer, politician, policeman or normal person that saw it. Stay tuned for the fallout.