What's new

Sydney: Scientologists probe

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I found an article here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/152813/in_satellite_photo_resolution_race_whos_winning.html

“…arch-rival GeoEye Inc. showed off the first color photos taken by its recently-launched GeoEye-1 satellite at a stunning 1.3 feet-per-pixel resolution. (See them at GeoEye's public web site. )

With exclusive commercial access to GeoEye-1's images for years to come, Google's lead over Microsoft on this closely-watched map benchmark seems certain.

Or is it? For one, when GeoEye-1 starts officially taking photos later this fall, it will be able to shoot up to 350,000 square miles a day, or an area about half the size of Texas. But the actual number of usable photos is always far lower, said GeoEye vice-president of marketing, Mark Brender.

"Half of the Earth is covered by clouds at any given time," said Brender. "Over Iraq, it's wonderful. Over Ecuador, it's terrible. They call it a rain forest for a reason."

GeoEye claim to have the highest resolution of any commercial satellite. So, the best possible resolution of satellite photo might show a person as 1 pixel on a screen. Hardly enough to be able to identify anyone as a human being let alone an individual.

In addition, satellites are put into orbit to scan different parts of the earth in each orbit. So, it may be several weeks or even months before they pass over the same part of land again. Therefore, the chances of one even being in the same part of the sky as the period in question are rather remote to say the least.

Axiom142

Terril park

Sponsor
This is weird. Why would they leave a (closed?) box of snail pellets in a (closed?) cupboard in your house? That's an evidence trail. Why not just leave out some pellets for your dog to find and eat and be done with it? I'm not questioning your description of what happened but this strikes me as pretty strange. Of course this is OSA we are probably talking about.
Now that I think about it, it could be like the dead fish in the Godfather movie...a signal that they were there and did it.

This is in fact terrorism.

I've never told my story because it would be so boring. Good
times all the way, whenever I was incolved with COS until the
last screwed up sessions.

The most interesting part was I assume a form or example of " gaslighting".
Was contacted by someone who had a MAJOR ARCX with COS and he wanted to sell his very extensive collection of materials. Helped him on that by promoting on FZ forums. The cost of shipping red and green vols to the US was greater apparently than the cost of buying new, so I got for $75 the complete sets.

When they arrived I also found a collection of childrens books telling stories
based on the insect each book was about, called " Bug Books". On top of them was an iron. [Ironing clothes not golf :)]

I rang the seller up and told him he'd accidently included these items. He denied this, and so I said maybe one of your family members did. He lived alone.

I have an OSA file and he was in the process of claiming a refund. So
probably had one also. I could see no other reason for this strange happening other than OSA entering his place and planting these items. Scared the
bejesus out of him.

His upset was the weirdest disconnection story I ever heard.

His wife sepatated from him and went to live with a COS exec,
taking children. She was told she would be declared if she didn't end the relationship. They stayed together. She got declared. The partner was then told he would be declared because he was connected to an SP unless he left her. They stayed together. Later the wife got her original screwy declare
cancelled.

Sometime down the line the seller wanted to start a new OT level. He
was told that he would be accepted on condition that he only communicate to his children via a third party! The partner of former wife had not been
cleared of being an SP!!

You'd need to be a genius like perhaps Kafka to make this sort of thing up.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
What's very good here is that Carmel, Kevin and Paul went straight to the police.

Too often, exes can live in fear, and they can take on or "misown" the problem of the crime that the Church committed on them - thinking you (the Ex) has to prove it, or you have to catch the person yourself.

You don't.

That is the job of the police.

Report all suspicious activities, or evidence of possible crimes to the proper authorities.

We need to get some convictions, and this is the number one way to do it.

Do not allow ANY Fair Game activities by the Church of Scientology to go un-reported and un-prosecuted.

RogerB

Crusader
Use of Info . . .

Ax,

The use of the satellite pix would be to verify the reports of our folks that surveillance of them and their property has taken place, and with luck, even show movement in the direction of households.

Carmel and Scooter have stated facts as to what has happened, these images might be used to verify circumstances and activity that support their "claim." That would be very beneficial to their and our cause.

I can assure you that such images would show and identify any vehicles involved . . .though not the owner or ownership of such . . but the general physical build of any individuals captured on the images would be evident.

Recall the images posted on the evening news and certainly in the New York Times recently when the US was making the case for sanctions against Iran based on Iran's building nuclear facilities . . . motor vehicles are clearly visible.

And further, I recall, again in the news, the use of such in the pursuing of cases for prosecution against individuals for arson in respect to the devastating S. California fires this last summer.

And, PS, I was professionally involved in the info collection game for quite some time . . . see my post on "the Lies and Deceit of the Church of Scn." :)

Rog

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
As much info as possible would be helpful, Rog. How does one explain to local cops where to obtain these images?

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can assure you that such images would show and identify any vehicles involved . . .though not the owner or ownership of such . . but the general physical build of any individuals captured on the images would be evident.

And further, I recall, again in the news, the use of such in the pursuing of cases for prosecution against individuals for arson in respect to the devastating S. California fires this last summer.

Dox please?

I’m not an expert on satellite photography, but from what I’ve seen, I think this is very unlikely.

As I posted previously, the best resolution of satellite photos that I can find has a ‘best case’ resolution of around 1.3 feet per pixel. Since the average human being measures roughly 1.5 ft across when viewed from above, they would show up as 1 pixel on your screen (assuming that they were standing upright). Given this, I would suggest that it would be very difficult to even spot someone amongst trees, bushes and other vegetation, let alone get a description of their general physical build.

Of course, there are potentially higher resolution cameras used on the NSA / CIA satellites, but these aren’t likely to be taking photos of rural areas of NSW in Australia. As you mentioned, they are targeting places like Iran. In any case, I’ve never seen any satellite photo that enabled individual human beings to be picked out with any clarity.

The other issue is duration or coverage. Most satellites are in orbits designed to give them a wide coverage of the earth’s surface. This means that they ‘fly’ over different portions of land from one orbit to the next, only returning to photograph the same area after several weeks or even months. So what are the chances that one took a photo of the exact area that you wanted and at the exact right time to show someone engaged in nefarious activity?

I would absolutely love it if we could gather some evidence that links the CoS to harassment of Carmel, Kevin, Scooter or whoever. And if the b**tards were involved in the poisoning of a beloved pet, I would want to see those responsible do some jail time.

But I would be more inclined to put my faith in terrestrial-based photography. And this means having a camera (still or video) ready at all times.

I don’t want anyone to get paranoid, but I think it is worth stating so that people can be warned. If you publicly oppose the CoS, expect some intimidation to come your way and be prepared. Take photos, note down number plates, be prepared to call the police.

You never know, you might be able to get an interview with a real-live OT8 and post it on YouTube and thus achieve everlasting fame. :coolwink:

*** UPDATE *** Geo Eye, the operators of the highest resolution satellite imaging system suspended image collection right around the time that Polly got poisoned!!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE5BG0HJ20091217?type=marketsNews “GeoEye suspended imagery collections for a few days since the problem was detected on Dec. 11, it said in a regulatory filing on Wednesday.”

:omg: You don’t suppose? … :spacecraft:

Axiom142

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Nice idea Roger but I’m afraid you’ve been reading too many techno-thrillers.

Firstly, I doubt very much that any satellite photos would have enough resolution to spot a clandestine operative sneaking up on Carmel’s place (Google Earth ‘satellite’ photos where you can zoom in to street level are actually taken from aircraft).

Secondly, I doubt very much that the NSA or whoever would have a satellite or spy-plane taking photos of Somersby, NSW round the clock. To cover every square inch of the planet, 24 hours per day would require an improbably colossal amount of resource.

Axiom142

Well, you never know what's going to be picked up when because I found on google earth a pic of my ex-mother-in-law in one of her rare appearances outside her apt. It was taken in the summer and was up in late autum. I suggest all who are being followed or harmed to check periodically to see what pops up.

ps: I'm so sorry about your pets, girls.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is outrageous that the CoS operates against freedom and facts. Sorry you guys are having to put up with this criminal, anti-social organization and it's unscrupulous actions.

There are numerous Geostationary satellites that "zone in" on specific areas of the world. Google is your friend try Australian satellites.

Some satellites can view down to 1cm, but there are restrictions on releasing anything smaller than 0.5 meters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_imagery

Maybe a Senator would have enough influence to make them available to the investigative teams.

I am totally outraged that there even needs to be this thread about an organization that falsely purports to be for the greatest good and repetitively attacks life. What a scourge. Where is the humanity?

RogerB

Crusader
As much info as possible would be helpful, Rog. How does one explain to local cops where to obtain these images?

The local cops might have a tough time getting the images you really need . . . Xeno and the National police and their link to the Oz security could get them. The Russian and US spy satellite imagery that give a resolution capable of showing motor vehicles are held close to the chest.

The commercial weather cum Landsat as Ax says are a little low on resolution, but some years ago we did do a blow-up to get the info we needed, for a case we were doing where a copper mine was being ripped off.

Though as Ax says, it is a "shot in the dark" that anything was captured while available. Landsat 7 last currently available shot of Carm's place was done on December 18. Later shots still to be processed . . . . you can actually watch the "live" download of the US Landsat on the USGS site . . . it's on a about a 6 hour processing delay, and you get it as a moving picture of the fly-over.

While she is the very outer, outer "suburbs" of Sydney . . . . it never hurts to ask for what info may be accessible.

Hell you may even be surprised to find some high res airplane shots . . . this kind of action goes on all the time. In Carm's case, she is close to an active tourist area.

Xeno's pull might get the Fed. Police to inquire on these lines. They would have access to who is doing this sort of stuff as a matter of national security.

Roger

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks guys......

FYI, Polly consumed the poison Sat 19th Dec, but I was followed by someone out the front (in two stages) on Wed 16th.

Yes, the Federal police and local State police deal with this same report/matter differently. Both have been supplied with any and all info I have on the scene here, and I believe that between the two they have no end to resources.

We're assisting where we can, but are letting them get on with their job while we're continuing to do ours - all good :).

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Some satellites can view down to 1cm, …

Dox?

Sounds very unlikely, in fact I’m tempted to put on my worst Scots accent and insist: “You cannae change the laws of physics Cap’n!”

It is outrageous that the CoS operates against freedom and facts. Sorry you guys are having to put up with this criminal, anti-social organization and it's unscrupulous actions.

I am totally outraged that there even needs to be this thread about an organization that falsely purports to be for the greatest good and repetitively attacks life. What a scourge. Where is the humanity?

I agree! And the fact that they will spin the PR line about being for freedom and truth and honesty and ‘human rights’ makes my blood boil with the hypocrisy of it all.

But, let us not forget that we are dealing with fanatics who believe that their cause is more important than everything else. Once people start thinking this way, they are capable of anything.

Some of the tricks pulled by the CoS are just pathetic, but do cause upset and alarm. For example, on the day of the ESMB / exes party at Carmel’s last March, OSA phoned one of her neighbours and told him that there would be dozens of Anons attending and that they he should get out of his house because they would be targeting him and that his family and house were not safe.

This was a lie and they knew it. There were only 4 or 5 Anons and the whole two days passed without any trouble.

Another example was when a conference was being organised in London for the families of cult victims last year. This event was to bring people together and was not aimed just at Scientology, but a whole range of different cults. A hall was booked at a university, but the day before the conference, the university got an anonymous phone call informing them that a ‘hate group’ / internet terrorists were going to appear at the conference and that violence was likely to erupt.

So, the university cancelled the booking, without giving the organisers a chance to disprove these allegations. Fortunately, an alternative venue was secured and the conference went ahead anyway.

Of course, we cannot prove who did this, but clearly someone with a motive for preventing discussion of issues surrounding cults wanted to stop this.

Thankfully, through the medium of the Internet, we have global communications now and can all be made aware of the tactics employed by the CoS and be prepared. So, be in no doubt OSA and you minions of Miscavige.

The world is watching you.

Axiom142

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I helped IFA and helped edit the Video of Nancy Many on Youtube. Withen a week of posting the video to Diana Class 8 channel my bank account started to dwindle. I was being nickled and dimed down and a person who looked noticed it happened every three days. I supposed they waited for me to notice it and if I did not then they did it again. Why do I think church is because it was my bank card and I never used that card on this computer and the web site was sblizzard.com and I never heard of it till then. I never used that card in the last few years as I changed banks for that bank is one in trouble money wise as the Bank of Scotland owns them. Anyhow I thought who would hold on to a card number and I had my answer. Just a week or so before I was deadfiled I donated about 600 my whole bonus check from work to the cult. I used it only once but they are known to hold onto the numbers. I stupidly never thought of changing the account for card number. I am pretty dang sure it was them and I signed a paper I would cooperate in the investigation. I found out when I got the over draft notices. They took my rent, Car insurance and bill money. It ruined my Christmas.

I got the money back and I did tell them who I thought it was. At first they dismissed me as a nut but then the last time I explained more and the bank manager took it more seriously.

I had no idea of using alerts via on line emails. Now I do as I found them myself and turned them all on. I of course closed that account out and I have changed my banking all around and I have alerts turned on for about everything.

They probably thought since I was low income and classified in poverty that it would harm me a great deal but they don't know me. I save for such emergencies and I made the rent and other bills. I just did not spend much and it was very suppressive of them to do.

It just was suppressive to me and poor Carmel's dog. Only evil beings want to kill a pet.

Carmel

Crusader
Good news...

It's common knowledge that the Australian Federal Police are investigating many allegations now, against the CofS, but I've also been informed that the State Police are investigating certain occurrences of an *unusual* nature, including Polly being poisoned (rather than just taking the report, they have made it a "case" and are working on it with an intention to solve it).

It is heartening to see that both the Fed and State Police are acting on reports as opposed to just taking them and filing them.

Needless to say, it seems that the tables are continuing to turn.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's common knowledge that the Australian Federal Police are investigating many allegations now, against the CofS, but I've also been informed that the State Police are investigating certain occurrences of an *unusual* nature, including Polly being poisoned (rather than just taking the report, they have made it a "case" and are working on it with an intention to solve it).

It is heartening to see that both the Fed and State Police are acting on reports as opposed to just taking them and filing them.

Needless to say, it seems that the tables are continuing to turn.

Please excuse my language.

FUCK, YEAH!

RogerB

Crusader
Ax,

Wikipedia cites the resolution viz: "GSD for Intelligence/Military purposes, such as the National Reconnaissance Office programs, may have a resolution of less than a centimeter with the potential for real-time (live) imaging. The resolution of satellite images varies depending on the instrument used and the altitude of the satellite's orbit"

The source you quote, "PCworld Magazine" of course cites the data that is pertinent to and of interest to its readers and in the context of things like education, entertainment and such.

I and my staff, in the old days, have conducted "surveillance" on various occasions watching for events, and the situation is that you often simply sit there in a parked car for extended periods. I remember once when, in Mayfair, London, it caused a bank manager to call the police to investigate my team who had been staked out too close for a bank manager's comfort. The target of course was something else altogether. But the police approached our car wanting to know WTF?

My position is simple. You never know what is available until you ask. I've been surprised many times in the info gathering game what comes up as a result of the reach to know. One misses out if one presupposes something isn't or cannot be.

And besides I got a kick out of thinking OSA might have shit in their pants at the thought they got imaged doing a stake-out :D

And there you were telling them they couldn't have been :duh:

Fact is, we won't know unless we ask.

If you want to see what is possible from the eyes in the sky, google Carm's address (by asking google "where is [address]?") and have a look into her back yard:yes: I actually did this when she had the party. I wanted to see what the environment and location was like.

Rog

ditto

The "church" was my first thought when Carmel told me her dog had been poisoned. There is nothing lower, or more covert, in the universe that attacking an animal that caused no harm to anyone. I hope I am around to witness whatever fate awaits the person/people responsible for this, be it OSA or someone else. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Ditto, Miss Pert.

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
I hope I am around to witness whatever fate awaits the person/people responsible for this, be it OSA or someone else. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I'll be there with a pitchfork, because animal abuse makes me stabby.:angry::angry:

Carmel, I'm glad to hear that Polly survived. :love2:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
You would have to wonder what sort of a sick mind would agree to do something like this.

Could someone be actually convinced that poisoning a dog belonging to an "SP" would help "Clear the Planet?"

I know of a few unthinking zealots who could probably be talked into doing this "glorious blow against the enemy."

But it could also be "professionally" done by someone who takes $s for this sort of work.

Either way, it's an unhealthy person doing this and an even more unhealthy person organizing it.

Message to perpetrators:

Feds are interested deeply in this.

Karma has a way of catching up, you poor silly fools.

I pity you.