What's new

Sympathy for Rex Fowler OTVII

Free2Dream

Patron with Honors
Rmack, it was more than that. Rex had syphoned hundreds of thousands of dollars from his company to make "donations" to a church. That money went to the Co$, but for what exactly no one is sure right now. His employees, including Tom, were angry about it. It was the big reason why Tom resigned and subsequently threatened to sue Rex for the final money Rex owed him.

The speculation is that Rex killed Tom and then tried to off himself to prevent this from happening.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Yeah, I read all that, and it just doesn't add up in my mind. If ten grand is important enough to you to murder for, then why would you then try to off yourself? You can't spend money when you're dead.

Or, was it some kind of attempt to make it look like self defense that didn't fly?

After you shoot someone to death for 10k, and realize that a lengthy trial dragging SCN into the courts and potential life in prison or execution, could be that r2-45 looked more on policy.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Maybe one of the most nightmarish aspects of this horrific crime (aside from the absolutely tragic and unnecessary death of an innocent family man) is this.....

Rex Fowler was (in his mind) being an ethical Scientologist, doing the greatest good.

It is a macabre peek behind the 'fixed dedicated smile' of a Hubbard cult zombie. Anyone who doesn't know that the religious scriptures of Scientology is fully capable of rendering a normal human into a paranoid, destructive & hateful terrorist has simply not understood the insidious process of being "reborn" as a KSW Scientologist.

Anyone who missed the first part of the movie may be offended that I presume to know what was in Rex Fowler's demented mind when he perpetrated that failed murder-suicide. But, I have no doubt whatsoever and am not ashamed to admit that I was paying attention in Scientology school when they taught those lessons. I paid dearly for those lessons and I am not about to pretend that I do not know, just for the sake of political correctness. I do know.

Rex was thinking about saving himself and the Church of Scientology from legal exposure and damaging revelations. He was applying the tech, doing a real-life demonstration of your integrity is more important than your immediate life...

He was not fearing to hurt another comrade in a just cause.

He was attacking a criminal who threatened to impede the Road to Total Freedom for all beings in the universe.

He was confronting evil and handling it.

He was ensuring the future of Scientology by honorably eliminating meat bodies that represented counter-intention to Ron's game where everyone wins.

He was disconnecting from a suppressive.

He was shattering suppression.

He was protecting the Bridge to Total Freedom by diligently taking care to not let his OT materials fall into enemy hands where it could kill innocent people (pneumonia) and also be used for enslaving populations (reverse/black Scientology).

And he was safeguarding his own eternity. Instead of just destroying his NOTS worksheets (shredder, burning, etc.) he did things per the policy and per the tech. He did not squirrel. He arranged to turn his confidential sessions into the NOTS Case Supervisor so that the worksheets could be put in his folder.....

So that next lifetime he could get a Review and handle any by-pass charged in the first session before continuing OT VII.

Think about it. Rex's TR's were in. He was calmly turning in his sessions as he was calmly arranging to murder a man and himself.

That's Scientology if anyone really wants to know.

Gadfly

Crusader
Think about it. Rex's TR's were in. He was calmly turning in his sessions as he was calmly arranging to murder a man and himself.

Can anyone say "dissociative disorder"?

"Multiple personality disorder"? :whistling:

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Back to the original post...
(Everything else aside for just a moment, please.)
I thought it was quite funny and appreciate a good laugh at times in spite of all.
Just the type of line you might hear on late-light TV - Leno, Letterman, etc.

BTW, A-J, get well and hope you're feeling better soon.

I feel bad for Rex Fowler OTVII.

Just when he obtains immortality, he's going to get sentenced to life in prison.

The Anabaptist Jacques

(ps. Just in case anyone was wondering, I’m recuperating, so I probably won’t be posting much of anything for a while.)

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe one of the most nightmarish aspects of this horrific crime (aside from the absolutely tragic and unnecessary death of an innocent family man) is this.....

Rex Fowler was (in his mind) being an ethical Scientologist, doing the greatest good.

It is a macabre peek behind the 'fixed dedicated smile' of a Hubbard cult zombie. Anyone who doesn't know that the religious scriptures of Scientology is fully capable of rendering a normal human into a paranoid, destructive & hateful terrorist has simply not understood the insidious process of being "reborn" as a KSW Scientologist.

Anyone who missed the first part of the movie may be offended that I presume to know what was in Rex Fowler's demented mind when he perpetrated that failed murder-suicide. But, I have no doubt whatsoever and am not ashamed to admit that I was paying attention in Scientology school when they taught those lessons. I paid dearly for those lessons and I am not about to pretend that I do not know, just for the sake of political correctness. I do know.

Rex was thinking about saving himself and the Church of Scientology from legal exposure and damaging revelations. He was applying the tech, doing a real-life demonstration of your integrity is more important than your immediate life...

He was attacking a criminal who threatened to impede the Road to Total Freedom for all beings in the universe.

He was ensuring the future of Scientology by honorably eliminating meat bodies that represented counter-intention to Ron's game where everyone wins.

He was protecting the Bridge to Total Freedom by diligently taking care to not let his OT materials fall into enemy hands where it could kill innocent people (pneumonia) and also be used for enslaving populations (reverse/black Scientology).

And he was safeguarding his own eternity. Instead of just destroying his NOTS worksheets (shredder, burning, etc.) he did things per the policy and per the tech. He did not squirrel. He arranged to turn his confidential sessions into the NOTS Case Supervisor so that the worksheets could be put in his folder.....

So that next lifetime he could get a Review and handle any by-pass charged in the first session before continuing OT VII.

The only thing that really doesn't make sense though is that Ciancio was threatening to sue to get money owed. The check he was picking up was severance pay and from what I have read was supposed to be the end of the matter. They released his last text message and it said something like "Can you believe it? They're actually going to write me a check". What was Fowler attempting to stop when the whole thing was potentially over? It's gonna be interesting to see what happens for sure. I'm still betting he pleads guilty to avoid a trial.

esmbanon

Patron
The only thing that really doesn't make sense though is that Ciancio was threatening to sue to get money owed. The check he was picking up was severance pay and from what I have read was supposed to be the end of the matter. They released his last text message and it said something like "Can you believe it? They're actually going to write me a check". What was Fowler attempting to stop when the whole thing was potentially over? It's gonna be interesting to see what happens for sure. I'm still betting he pleads guilty to avoid a trial.

maybe Rex told tom he had to agree not to talk about his time at Fowler or any Scientology connections in order to receive the money. tom probably told him he wouldn't agree. or Rex just told him he wasn't going to pay and tom threatened to blow the lid off of the whole thing. hard to know what the real motive was but i would bet my paycheck Scientology had something to do with it.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

He was attempting to silence a potential leak. The 10K was only a part of the 200k he'd donated to the 'Church' and that would come out in any lawsuit.

Zinj

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
He was attempting to silence a potential leak. The 10K was only a part of the 200k he'd donated to the 'Church' and that would come out in any lawsuit.

Zinj

The plan couldn't have backfired much worse. Talk about half baked. I think murder gets a little more attention than financial irregularities.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace

Bang on the nail !

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
stupid MO

TR's in perhaps, but not his murder tech. If that was the intent, i.e., "greatest good" he should have done his homework a bit better and figured out that the way to go would have been some sort of slow acting, virtually untraceable poison, perhaps administered via skin contact in a solution of DMSO.

Pete

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron

Absolutely true. Unfortunately.

Wisened One

Crusader

A sadly :goodposting: as usual from you, HH! SAD but VERY TRUE!!!! :sadsigh:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron

Maybe there was no check. Maybe Fowler never intended to pay this "severance pay." Maybe it was a ruse to lure Ciancio to the office so he could kill him.

From reading the arrest affidavit, I get the idea that Ciancio was completely taken by surprise, that he was sitting at the table looking at papers and suddenly was shot in the head, close-up, three times, killed instantly, and fell on the floor. Ciancio was shot in the BACK of the head, with maybe one shot to the side of the head -- he probably never saw the gun.

IF that's true (and I AM speculating -- hopefully there will be a trial and the truth wil come out in that trial) then it would appear that this was all very well planned, definitely premeditated.

I also suspect that Fowler did not act alone, that he was being egged on by someone (CoS loyal personnel of course!) who may have assisted with the planning.

I hope the investigators are following any leads in that direction. If that is so, then there was a "conspiracy" to commit this murder, and charges of "conspiracy" might also be brought against Fowler, and that would open a very big can of worms.

Or maybe I just watch too much Law and Order on TV ...

I hope the investigators as well as someone connected to the Ciancio family are reading this stuff on the web because even though a lot of it (my speculations, for example) may be way off base, it is still true that no one understands the mental state and "logic" of a scientologist who would commit such a violent and cold-blooded act better than an EX scientologist -- as was very well expressed in HH's post above.

And I don't feel sorry for Rex Fowler. He could have walked away at any time during his long career as a public scientologist, when he first noticed the "outpoints" that didn't get handled (and you know there were some) all the way up to and through all the heavy regging pressure he must have endured near the end.

Yes there are consequences for walking away.

Thank god, there are even more serious consequences for premeditated murder.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe there was no check. Maybe Fowler never intended to pay this "severance pay." Maybe it was a ruse to lure Ciancio to the office so he could kill him.

From reading the arrest affidavit, I get the idea that Ciancio was completely taken by surprise, that he was sitting at the table looking at papers and suddenly was shot in the head, close-up, three times, killed instantly, and fell on the floor. Ciancio was shot in the BACK of the head, with maybe one shot to the side of the head -- he probably never saw the gun.

IF that's true (and I AM speculating -- hopefully there will be a trial and the truth wil come out in that trial) then it would appear that this was all very well planned, definitely premeditated.

I also suspect that Fowler did not act alone, that he was being egged on by someone (CoS loyal personnel of course!) who may have assisted with the planning.

I hope the investigators are following any leads in that direction. If that is so, then there was a "conspiracy" to commit this murder, and charges of "conspiracy" might also be brought against Fowler, and that would open a very big can of worms.

Or maybe I just watch too much Law and Order on TV ...

I hope the investigators as well as someone connected to the Ciancio family are reading this stuff on the web because even though a lot of it (my speculations, for example) may be way off base, it is still true that no one understands the mental state and "logic" of a scientologist who would commit such a violent and cold-blooded act better than an EX scientologist -- as was very well expressed in HH's post above.

And I don't feel sorry for Rex Fowler. He could have walked away at any time during his long career as a public scientologist, when he first noticed the "outpoints" that didn't get handled (and you know there were some) all the way up to and through all the heavy regging pressure he must have endured near the end.

Yes there are consequences for walking away.

Thank god, there are even more serious consequences for premeditated murder.

Yes it's all speculation at this point. I doubt seriously anyone persuaded him to do this but you can always hope someone from the 'church' did - then the shit would roll. I did have some sympathy for the guy as I know what the pressure feels like and what it can do to your head. But like you pointed out you can always walk away.

We can also hope that maybe this case gets law enforcement really looking again. The 'church' is much weaker now. At one time they terrorized Time magazine, now they can't even shut up a small paper in their own backyard.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Sure, but trying to "understand" the mind of OT Rex Fowler is like trying to understand why a terrorist blows himself up, believing that he is saving himself.

Rule of Thumb for understanding Scientologists, terrorists and the insane. Observe what they are doing. Assume that they are certain they are doing the exact opposite.

Rex was quite sure he would survive better by killing others and himself.

Be very happy you do not totally understand it.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
A couple of things bothered me about this whole sad thing. First, if Fowler were actually trying to stage a self-defense scenario how in hell did he think the cops would be fooled by 1) three well placed bullets in Ciancio's skull AFTER he had supposedly been greviously wounded by Ciancio 2) Fowler's weapon only was at the scene and 3) ever hear of fingerprints and/or powder residue? Bet Ciancio's hands were clean and no fingerprints on the weapon. This conjecture by a novice, me. Surely an OT 7 or whateverthefuck he was would be smarter than me.

Yeah, immortality.

Scn should give the $200K that Fowler embezzeled to Ciancio's family.