What's new

T.S.M.Y. Excalibur

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
My name is Howard Dickman

I am a amateur history buff. Last year I did the biographical part of the induction document which resulted in General Roy V. Hoffman, father of the Oklahoma National Guard, being inducted into the Oklahoma Military Hall of Fame.

I am now working on the history of the Sea Org ship, the "Excalibur". I have researched its military history and I am now going to work on its history with the Sea Org. I am doing this for several reasons. 1. The ship was built less than 100 miles from where I grew up. 2. The ship, as recently as September 1968, was conducting underwater acoustical experiments for the Navy out of San Diego. Less than 4 years later I was stationed at the San Diego Naval Antisubmarine Warfare base where I studied the results of those experiments. 3. I served on the Excalibur, the DPF in 1973 and then on the RPF from February 1974 to February 1975. 4. Its all about the people. What remains with me today, 34 after leaving Scientology, is the people I had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with during my time in Scientology. I hope to honor those that served on the Excalibur with a website sometime in the future.

If you care to share your stories, good or bad, I will be including these in this project. Please help me promote this project.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks so much.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

No doubt you've trawled the net for images and information. Here's an image I found featuring a not-so regular ESMB poster Candy Swanson with Jeff Levin aboard the Excalibur.

6889228561_bbef7d8075.jpg

Good luck with your research. Would love to see your site when its up and running.

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman

No doubt you've trawled the net for images and information. Here's an image I found featuring a not-so regular ESMB poster Candy Swanson with Jeff Levin aboard the Excalibur.

6889228561_bbef7d8075.jpg

Good luck with your research. Would love to see your site when its up and running.

Thanks so much for your reply. This picture is not of the Excalibur and from what I vaguely remember of the Bolivar, I don't believe that it is it either. As I never saw the Neptune, maybe this is a picture of it.

The site is up, but currently most of my work is having to do with the military life of the Excal. I can't wait for all the comments when I do the page concerning the Excal's RPF! I was there at the very beginning.

Howard

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Thanks so much for your reply. This picture is not of the Excalibur and from what I vaguely remember of the Bolivar, I don't believe that it is it either. As I never saw the Neptune, maybe this is a picture of it.

The site is up, but currently most of my work is having to do with the military life of the Excal. I can't wait for all the comments when I do the page concerning the Excal's RPF! I was there at the very beginning.

Howard

Ooops. I shall go back to my source and see if I can confirm details. Thanks very much.

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
My name is Howard Dickman

I am a amateur history buff. Last year I did the biographical part of the induction document which resulted in General Roy V. Hoffman, father of the Oklahoma National Guard, being inducted into the Oklahoma Military Hall of Fame.

I am now working on the history of the Sea Org ship, the "Excalibur". I have researched its military history and I am now going to work on its history with the Sea Org. I am doing this for several reasons. 1. The ship was built less than 100 miles from where I grew up. 2. The ship, as recently as September 1968, was conducting underwater acoustical experiments for the Navy out of San Diego. Less than 4 years later I was stationed at the San Diego Naval Antisubmarine Warfare base where I studied the results of those experiments. 3. I served on the Excalibur, the DPF in 1973 and then on the RPF from February 1974 to February 1975. 4. Its all about the people. What remains with me today, 34 after leaving Scientology, is the people I had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with during my time in Scientology. I hope to honor those that served on the Excalibur with a website sometime in the future.

If you care to share your stories, good or bad, I will be including these in this project. Please help me promote this project.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks so much.

I now have the military history of the Sea Org ship known as the Excalibur created at this site; http://scientolipedia.org/index.php?title=Excalibur's_military_history

Please let me know how you like what I have done.

Thanks;
Howard

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Snowed in at home for Christmas, had some time on my hands, so I added a bit more history to the page on the Sea Org ship the Excalibur -http://scientolipedia.org/index.php?title=Excalibur

Scott Mayer did not rise to the rank of Captain in the SO. Scott's Permanent Rank was Warrant Officer, IIRCC. Scott held the Brevet Rank of Captain while serving as the Commanding Officer of SO Vessels, as did Lt. Amos Jessup and Lt. Commander Bob Young.

Face:)

Last edited:

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious

Howard

Looks more like something the size of the Diana. Is it the Diana?

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Scott Mayer did not rise to the rank of Captain in the SO. Scott's Permanent Rank was Warrant Officer, IIRCC. Scott held the Brevet Rank of Captain while serving as the Commanding Officer of SO Vessels, as did Lt. Amos Jessup and Lt. Commander Bob Young.

Thanks so much for this info. Pieces of Scientology history, just what I like to get.

Amos was promoted to Lt. Commander (RA) by LRH Flag Order 2342 on January 24, 1970.

The Excal site will be updated with this new information. Again, thanks so much!

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Looks more like something the size of the Diana. Is it the Diana?

I now have pictures of the Bolivar and the Excalibur on the Scientolipedia site. This is a picture of a Pacific Sea Org ship. The Neptune was a converted PT Boat, which this picture resembles. Maybe someday, someone who served on her will surface and gives us her history. At least I hope so.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks so much for this info. Pieces of Scientology history, just what I like to get.

Amos was promoted to Lt. Commander (RA) by LRH Flag Order 2342 on January 24, 1970.

The Excal site will be updated with this new information. Again, thanks so much!

Wow, now we're getting into some real History! IIRCC...and someone that knows for sure, please correct me if I'm wrong in my recollections...Amos was "busted" back to Lt. sometime after the Flag Order you refer to was issued and was a Lt. when he was Commanding Officer of the Excalibur.

Permanent Ranks sometimes came, went and came back again quickly in those days…all at the whim of the CommodeDoor.

Edit: Nate Jessup was a Lt. (I'm pretty darn sure about that). Amos might well have been a Lt. Commander or back to Lt. Commander by the time he was in PAC...if he was "busted" in the first place.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Googled "T.S.M.Y." and got "The Sunni Muslim Youth"
LOL!
I figured MY means Motor Yacht, what the TS?

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Wow, now we're getting into some real History! IIRCC...and someone that knows for sure, please correct me if I'm wrong in my recollections...Amos was "busted" back to Lt. sometime after the Flag Order you refer to was issued and was a Lt. when he was Commanding Officer of the Excalibur.

Permanent Ranks sometimes came, went and came back again quickly in those days…all at the whim of the CommodeDoor.

Edit: Nate Jessup was a Lt. (I'm pretty darn sure about that). Amos might well have been a Lt. Commander or back to Lt. Commander by the time he was in PAC...if he was "busted" in the first place.

Face: Thanks for this information about Scott and my friend Amos. I have corrected the information on the Excalibur's site based on what you and Amos have reported.

These are just the pieces of information that I like to get.

Howard

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face: Thanks for this information about Scott and my friend Amos. I have corrected the information on the Excalibur's site based on what you and Amos have reported.

These are just the pieces of information that I like to get.

Howard

Wow...you're in touch with Amos...that's great! Glad to hear he's out! I had forgotten that Amos was part of the NVRD Team.