ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Taiwan Ideal Org to open on 12/7 with Miscavige(?)

Discussion in 'Other Locations' started by AnonKat, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Weren't much use when it came to rescuing that Taiwanese lass who managed to escape from the cult in Aussie.

2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

This I don't get - Helen had nothing to do with that particular event.

Do you have other info on this that I'm missing?

I presume you're talking about Alice Wu and the sad sorry saga of her hospitalization after the cult abuses, yes?

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

That sad debacle lies firmly on the CofS' doorstep, does it not?
    What does Alice's situation have to do with Helen Chen?

4. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

Well, Infinite, to be fair, just because something is there doesn't mean people will use it. Alcohol is legal, and I'd rather people use it than meth, but some people still choose meth.

On the other hand, I'm going to be tracking this infant death case as it unfolds, and if it is true, then I don't agree Helen is better than Hubbard. Kids died in the SO nursery, too, IIRC. She's a chip off the old block, just better polished.

The article mentions an "evening shift" in the nursery. WTF? If the parents were "students", why don't they go home at night? The Chinese article says the child was discovered at "10 in the morning". So the kid was put down by strangers and woken up by a different shift of strangers. Why did the parents have to be away all night? Is she running some sort of SO?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  5. Udarnik

Interesting find. We found an anti-Co$ blog from Taiwan earlier this year that seemed to be defunct. I ran across it just now - seems to have moved, and the English site has not been updated since February, but the Chinese site is regularly updated. And I found some commentary on Helen Chen's squirrel SO nursery story interspersed in a reprint of the article AC posted. Here is the snipped commentary and my translations (better translations are welcomed):

And here's the video of the arrest. Doing the walk of shame with the hoods down.

[video=youtube;tCgxu6lqync]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tCgxu6lqync[/video]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I am not suggesting that Alice was a victim of the Taiwanese Free Indie Dependent Zone. I do wonder, though, what level of assstance did Helen Chen and or any of her acolytles provide in the rescuing and recovery of Alice and in the telling of Alice's tale to the world? My understanding is that Chen and co were less than helpful. Do you have any information which might prove that false?

7. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

They were never asked - it was strictly between several ESMBers, the family and a few former well-under-the-radar Taiwanese scilons.

IF anyone from her "camp" were asked (and I don't recall that but it may be a possibility) it would have been only for a minor role.

Where does your info come from and what specifically is it?

8. Udarnik

Chen is still drinking the LRH Kool Aid. I'm not sure how trustworthy she is - she also seems to be playing a game of her own. I can't figure out if the parents of that boy were her students or her employees, but either way she was taking advantage of them SO style. She exudes that old money KMT aura that just crawls up my left nostril, and her behavior to her employees is in line with that persona. She does not strike me as someone from whom I would ask for help on anything that didn't involve her own personal interests.

9. Udarnik

OK, question to you California peeps.

Is the Helen Chen Academy in LA still in business? The links to their former website are dead. It looks like Helen is now based in Taiwan and spending a considerable amount of time on the Mainland. Did she run out of fresh meat in LA, or get run out by DM? Allegedly they were outperforming AOLA two years ago, and then BAM! Implosion and silence? Inquiring minds want to know what's up with that.

How did Helen get into the Co$ in the first place?

Helmut is selling a load of shit disguised as business consulting. Allegedly she's helping in those efforts in Taiwan, but she's got at least 4 other irons in the fire there, plus making the circuit of the Taiwanese talk shows. What's the dope on Helmut, and where did he meet Helen? Did she bring family money into his ventures?

Funny, Helen advertises her marriage to an "entrepreneur" in her matchmaking enterprises, but never mentions he's Caucasian, because that business is all about perpetuating the traditional Chinese family.

Another question - were she and Helmut whales or mini-whales, or did their money making come by siphoning off some from the top of the cult's revenue? Their PR makes them look big time, but when you get into it, there is just empty words.

Indies acting like the Co$ is a special hot button of mine. Add the Taiwanese connection and the death of that kid and she's earned a special place on my shit list, but I know some of you have interacted with her.

Spill it, peeps.

10. Udarnik

Update: I am starting a new thread about Helen and Helmut. I plan to make a drive-by of the Taiwan Idle Morgue and post it here, so let's keep this thread focused on the Co$ in Taiwan, and use the other thread for the FZ.

Please reply to my query above in the new thread.

11. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

FIFY :hysterical:

12. Udarnik

Any scoop on how DM is getting to Taiwan?

13. Gib

Gib Crusader

14. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

From WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/cob-opens-ideal-org-taiwan.115584/

Tony Ortega: http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/08/sunday-funnies-scientology-gets-ideal-in-taiwan/

15. CommunicatorIC

16. CommunicatorIC

17. Udarnik

18. Udarnik

Re: Congratulation flowers from President n Vice President in Taiwan. Kaohsiung Ideal

I can confirm that the name on the flowers is indeed Ma Ling-Jeou, President of Taiwan, and head of the KMT (Blue Party) and former mayor of Taipei, and Wu Den-Yih, Vice President of Taiwan and former mayor of Kaohsiung. This is such a non-event in Taiwan that I suspect it was forwarded to Wu via someone contacting his power base in Kaohsiung, otherwise the flowers would have been addressed differently. The VP is not usually included in such greetings.

[Edit] Note that Wu Den-Yih left the office of Mayor in 1998. A Green took over after him, and the City leadership has been Green ever since. Kaohsiung is the southernmost city in Taiwan. The more southern locales in Taiwan are Greener than the north - Taiwanese rather than Mandarin is the preferred language - and the KMT doesn't need any black eyes down there by associating with 山達基.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  19. Udarnik

[​IMG]

Hey, anyone know how Slappy got there and back? Until I read the comments and caption on this picture (感謝長官蒞臨!好感動! — at 「山達基教會高雄理想機構」國際跨時代開幕大典.) "Thanks to the Chief Executive for coming! You showed us! -At "Church of Scientology Kaohsiung International Ideal Org ceremony." I hadn't noticed he went, but looking at the blown up picture above, yep, that's him. Can't mistake the Dwarf.

And look how far away from him the local dignitary is. Can't have the COB mixing with a wog, in the real sense of the word, right? Not to mention real wogs are supposed to be short, and this one is taller than Slappy. :melodramatic:

[Edit] - One of the other commenters noted that the prop in the foreground photobombed and the camera focused on it.

Question - The inscription on the seal that the prop sword is sticking through reads simply "The Sword in the Stone". Other than the goofy-assed horse-on-a-carpet guy, are there other Authurian symbols mixed in $cientology? Where did that imagery come from, and when did it appear?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013