TAJ the War Hero

This was thread recently regarding L. Ron Hubbard's war record. He lied about it, of course. But he did serve, rather poorly, as I understand it. And his father was a naval officer. But still his service was better than mine.

My family tree had a different history of serving our country.

During the Vietnam war, the army recruiters took one look at me and THEY burned my draftcard.

During World War II a French woman hid my father in her wine cellar through most of the war. She lived in Baton Rouge Lousiana.

During World War I my grandfather wrote a song showing his patriotism. It was called "Nowhere Near There."

And during the American Civil War my great-great-grandfather had to choose sides. He joined the West.

But my son went to the military academy.

When he return from his years in the service I asked him, "Did they give you a commission?" He replied, "No, just a regular salary."

Then I asked him, "Did the army decorate you?" And he responded, "No, but they did clean me up real good."

Thank you folks, you've been wonderful lurkers. I'll be on this thread all weekend.

Be sure to tip the moderators.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Reviews of Taj's post:

New York Times: "His jokes aren't fit to print."

Tuscon Times: "Taj should be on a stage; there's one leaving in five minutes."

Variety: "Hick's schtick nix fix"

Medieval Times: "Now that is what we used to call humour."

AARP: "His jokes are old enough to collect Social Security; they need to be on Medicare."

Roger Ebert gives it the finger.

Celebrity reviews.

Charlie Sheen" "Losing!"

Lindsay Lohan: "Actually, I like it. I thought he borrowed the show."

Dick Chenney: "It was torture. I should know."

John Boehner: "He brought me to tears."

President Obama: "I demand to see his birth certificate."

David Miscavige: "His jokes went over my head."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Ba-dump-bump!

It's good to know that you were not the only pacifist to join a movement that would create a world without war.

My father got his neck shot off in WWII.

That's why I have no neck today.

Ba-Dump-bump!