What's new

Take Care and Thank You

Hey, On the Pes, whatever you decide to do is all right with me... I trust you to act in your own best self interest, as you know your situation better than anyone else does. :thumbsup:

I do wish you all the best in life and will miss you around here, at least for the time that you are gone. :yes: Feel free to pm or email me via the board if you ever just need a friend to talk with, about anything! :thumbsup:

Allow me to share a few thoughts with you...

The first is that you have not done anything wrong by coming here and spending some time on this board. You have not harmed ANYONE by being here, and reading and posting here. Not even yourself. :biggrin: That is a lie. OSA lies. You have not harmed any of your former friends or fellow staffers, and they very likely are not allowed (or don't allow themselves) to read freely on the Internet, and so are unaware of whatever you, or we, might have said here...

Be aware that OSA, even when they "are being nice", are trying to manipulate you into doing something that is in their and the Cult's best interest and not in your best interest, ALWAYS. Take that as a stable datum! :thumbsup:

You do not need to take any more phone calls from anyone who is still in COS, especially OSA operatives. If it's a cell phone, let everything go to voice mail and screen your calls that way. If it's job related, or a personal friend, you can get back to them immediately.

If anyone wonders why you are screening your calls, tell them you are being stalked and harassed by phone. That's what it is. Call a spade a spade!

If it's a land line phone that you are using, get a voice message machine and screen all your calls with it. Never return any calls to OSA. Nothing good will be served by it.

Block any numbers that you can identify as coming from OSA or an Org, or anyone who annoys you or tries to make you feel guilty or upsets you. Do not respond to them, and they will eventually go away. They are concerned with their stats, keeping their stats up...if you don't play their little stat game with them, chances are good that they will put their attention and energy elsewhere, eventually, where they can feel like they are "winning". :biggrin: :yes: Deny them the satisfaction of thinking they are "winning" over YOU!

Buy a second, cheap cell phone, a pay as you go type that needs no ID (what they call throw away phones, I think) and use that number for job searching and your employers ONLY. That way you know if the call is regarding that or not. Where I live, these phones are readily available and very inexpensive to obtain and operate over time. :thumbsup:

You'll be all right, mate! :thumbsup: It's all good! :happydance: I wish you a long, happy, healthy life in which to prosper and thrive as a free being!

Life is sweet when you have your FREEDOM! :happydance:

Let me add to all of this:

Fuck OSA!!!

Last edited:
Perhaps they won a skirmish, but the battle is not over by a long shot. It is interesting, this comment by OSA:
The OSA guy said he knows a lot of the people on here and they are basically liars.
It is the thought blocker that allows them to read this stuff and none of it sinks in. "they are liars" and the irony is: that is exactly what the church does - they lie.

They can't see the churches own lies. They think their [STRIKE]lies[/STRIKE] shore stories / acceptable truths are for the greatest good. Maybe some day they will wake up.

Maybe one of your posts will sink in - it could happen! One less OSA-bot. Anyway, Good on ya mate! Catch ya later.

Mimsey

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had a very similar routine run on me by OSA when they "discovered" I was posting on the big mean internet. I got a "nice" email. I never replied. Then a got an even "nicer" phone call. I was polite. I was firm. That was that. I ain't talking to no one from an information controlling cult that tries to silence me! I owe them nothing! My life! My way!

I got rights as a citizen of my country. Anyone that plays around with those rights gets my fierce pain-in-the-arse-I-ain't-backing-down feisty side.

It is a form of harassment what has happened the past day or so Onthepes. You have the right to post on the internet as much as any other citizen of your nation. You've "upset" some people? Tell them to toughen the fuck up and get some perspective!

Sorry if I come across as less than sweet and light here but I abhor the codes of silence that abusers demand. And that is all that the information controlling cult of scientology ultimately winds up being - an abusive system. The cult can't stand the internet because they can't control the information. That's the trouble with an anachronistic cult - they really struggle with their antiquated methods/tools in this 21st century environment. Poor babies. Not!

OSA just ran "gagging 101" on you. Push the "make the person feel guilty" button. This is closely followed by "gagging style 102" which is installing fear into the person that something bad is going to happen to them if they don't comply with the wishes of OSA. Thugs!

I also got the "this should have been sorted out internally" crap. What that translates to in real English is yet another version of silencing/gagging someone. Keep the dirty mess within the family/group. This is the methods of the classic abuser. Keep it all neat and tidy, internal within the very place that the abuse and crap took place.

Having said all that, I respect your decision to take some time off/exit from ESMB. You are taking your life back and I know what that is like. Take your power back the way you feel is best for you and your loved one's. :)

So in unison here:

Fuck you OSA! We're running things now! Obsolete cult is obsolete!

FoTi

Crusader
Glad you joined us here on ESMB for a while. :yes:

Thanks for all your posts and the things you shared with us. :thankyou:

Sorry to see you go. :sadwave:

Hope you come back some day soon. :yes:

You can still lurk here if you want to, without being seen, and OSA will never know if you are here or not if you go on Invisible Mode. :pixiedust:

Bon voyage...:cheers2:

:bighug:

Bye....:wave:

Have a wonderful life. :heartflower:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello All. I have decided to move on. I will be here for 2 more days, to give others a chance to say goodbye. I did not want to leave abruptly and not say goodbye, as I consider that as rude. I will paste a message here I sent to a friend below today and then I will add some comments on the end:

Please take care and may you realize your dreams.

All my love

Onthepes

You are saying its time to move on, and you hated your time on staff as well, along with a lot of everything else. But, for those two points, I have a song parody I did, you may have seen it since it was previously posted ... but it seems apropos for your post on here, so, I'll send it your way. Happy trails to you!

Pete

My Time On Staff
(Parody of The Way We Were, apologies to Barbara Streisand)

Memories,
Playing havoc in my mind,
Stinking rotten foul memories,
Of my time on staff.

Inval’s recalled,
EO’s chewing my behind,
Taught to betray one another,
In my time on staff.

How was I so simple minded then?
I believed Ron’s every written line.
If I had the chance to do it all over again,
I would flee, and stay free.

Memories,
Of such sorrow and regret,
Just too painful to remember,
Yet I simply can’t forget.

But my declare,
I remember with laughter,
Whenever I remember,
My time on staff,
My time on staff.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
OSA does not want Scn'ists on the 'net on critical fora. Most here will remember seeing or hearing about the Net nanny of the late 90s. They had all kinds of sites blocked, including some that maybe weren't so obvious.

There was also, for a time, a TNX list of Scn'ists and a guy named Ron Chester said on it that Scn'ists couldn't post on critical fora, which, at the time, was mainly Alt.religion.scientology, the IRC channel same name and, I think, by then, OCMB.

They have oodles of Hubbard references about being able to talk to anybody but we know that this is not what they practice. There are many many examples out there of the cult stymying free speech.

First and foremost, they don't want any criticism of CofS, DM, Hubbard, etc to take place.

They don't want any squirrelling or independent auditing.

They don't want people reading OT stuff on the 'net.

They sure as hell don't want picketing or leafletting of any kind.

They also don't want people comparing notes. I mean, til I got on the 'net, I thought the stupid stuff that happened to me were isolated circumstances and that I was just unlucky. Turned out that everybody has that sort of "luck" and that many people had far worse things happen to them than I ever did.

The cult wants to sweep everything under the rug and if they can't do that, then they'll not only destroy the rug but they'll blow up the house where the rug had been located and sow salt in the land where the house had been.

Johnd

Patron with Honors
Hello All. I have decided to move on. I will be here for 2 more days, to give others a chance to say goodbye. I did not want to leave abruptly and not say goodbye, as I consider that as rude. I will paste a message here I sent to a friend below today and then I will add some comments on the end:

" I am a bit saddened right now. Not sure on what to do. I have been on here a lot lately. I posted 2 main stories here. One was about my time at Flag and the other was about a failed 2d that went horribly wrong. Nobody in the Flag story was from Brisbane. The 2d story - that person I was in a 2d with was declared. The other party is still on lines but I said little about them.

I have stepped up my replies on the Board recently and even put where I am from in my title. I invited people who were in Brisbane to contact me.

My mobile has been the same for the last 15 years. Lo and behold I got a call from OSA today. mmmm. They know I have been on here. They asked that I don't go on here. I asked if that was a threat. This guy said "No". He had been reading all my posts and I have always maintained that I still liked my former staff which I do. He said that if I have an upset I should have addressed that with the Church, rather than going on the Board. (like that would work). I said "Are you trying to salvage me?" He said "No, but posting on that board is upsetting people". I said "Who?" He said people who are still in the Church in Brisbane.

I said "But they don't look at the Board. They are not allowed?". He said "Nobody is stopping them" I said "Yes but it is certainly firmly suggested that they don't". The conversation continued and I told him I hated my time on staff. So much promised and nothing delivered. So much time wasted. That Scientology is the only way and that the policies dictate that you cannot do anything else but Scientology. He said "Every religion is like that". I said "Well, I was not in every religion, I was in Scientology for 7 years. 4 of them on staff. I don't know what other religions do".

I then came back to "who reads my posts in Brisbane?". He said "word filters back". I don't know how and why would those people that supposedly read the Boards, actually confront me about my posts. The OSA guy said he knows a lot of the people on here and they are basically liars. I doubt that. I have not lied about anything and I cannot see that others here would. I was offended.

I am a bit dispersed. I am thinking I will spend less time here. It seems it is a link somehow to Scientology in a strange way. Even if it is the other side of the fence. I am living with xxxxx and I am sure she won't appreciate being called.

Although the OSA guy was not rude and was in fact reasonably friendly, I am really upset right now. I may just come on here once a fortnight or month.
"

When I originally left Scientology, it was my utmost intention to become a Buddhist. I threw myself into studies, but have done little in that area in the last few months. I wish to re-establish those studies. I would like to become part of that group. I was not ready , as I feel I had some unresolved issues with Scientology. Coming to this board has afforded me the opportunity to have my say. I am grateful.

I have put a couple of stories here and I sincerely hope they have helped others. I am not a person who wants to hurt people. I have lived with the person that I live with now previously and it was not so pleasant during my time in Scientology. It has gotten much brighter recently. After the call today, it just brought everything flooding back in. I felt dispersed and not there. I could barely hear them talking to me. I do not want to be receiving calls here from OSA or anyone still in Scientology.

Being on this board still has me connected in some way. I don't want to be connected any more at all.

I have gotten a lot out of being here. I have met some wonderful people. I had a chance to tell my story. I got some wonderful replies and read some seriously funny shit.

I may come on once a month or so just to have a look in but I am thinking that I may not have to.

TO OSA:

• do not contact me anymore. This is end cycle.
  • There are not other religions worse than Scientology that I know of and that is irrelevant anyway. Maybe there is/was but I was not in them.
  • people on here seem like sane rational beings. They do not come across as liars. They are not SPs.
  • i don't believe i have "upset" anyone in my home town. I would be surprised if any of them have even read this board. They know, and you know, that if they do they will be "handled". That is truth.
  • I believe I have mentioned 3 names on here. At each time I said that i knew them and that was pretty much it. There was nothing implied that would have hurt them.
  • I have no intention of hurting my former staff colleagues. However, I also have no intention on returning to Scientology.

To all here: Thank you for your support. I may check in from time to time but cannot guarantee it. This may upset some, and for that I apologize in advance.

Please take care and may you realize your dreams.

All my love

Onthepes

Hi onthepes,

I'm really late in catching up on esmb and just now read your posts. Something like you, I decided about two years after leaving the cult to have nothing to do with either scientology or criticism of scientology. I'm not entirely sure why I made that decision, but it's understandable from the perspective of trying to develop my own thinking and language and to study and learn things that had nothing to do with the dim witted cult of scientology. In fact I'm still like that, but I do picket often and sometimes post comments and stories here and there and do a couple videos. Otherwise, I'm interested in other things.

But your post sparked a couple of thought processes and leads me to think maybe there were other factors in MY decision.

In early '96 I left scientology, declaring that I thought it was 'monstrous' fraud. I had tried earlier to persuade my wife and son to leave also, but this failed. They shunned me and I moved into an apartment, alone. My then wife actually said she was choosing L Ron Hubbard over me.

Soon after I had left I was visited by an OSA guy and some idiot in a sea org uniform. The guy made it clear to me that if I spoke out I would be declared and be completely isolated from my son and that if I got him out of the cult he would be totally isolated as all his friends were scns. It was so completely stupid that I flew into a RAGE and threw them out. I was upset for days because they had had such an effect on me. I thought I was done with the cult and they still had some emotional control over me--they had pushed me into a rage.

A little after that I got a call from a scientologist who said she was working for a mission and looking for volunteers. Would I be willing to help with such and such. Incredibly I heard the word 'yes' involuntarily escaping from my mouth. I hung up and nearly collapsed in shock. Where had that yes come from? Not me. Was I still putty in their hands? Who was in control of 'me' anyway? Looking back, I think the cult had gained control of part of my mind. A lot of what I thought was volitional was really just programed salivation. 'You want to help don't you?' 'Yes master, it is downstat not to desire with all my heart to help planetary clearing.'

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that fear of the cult's humiliating power of control was probably a factor for me as well. I wanted to get that control back.

Maybe I should have just practiced saying such things as FUCK YOU, NO, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU, WHERE ARE THE OTS, TAKE YOUR DUMB ASS FRAUD AND STUFF IT and other such things until that creepy little 'yes' was smashed to a pulp.

john

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are saying its time to move on, and you hated your time on staff as well, along with a lot of everything else. But, for those two points, I have a song parody I did, you may have seen it since it was previously posted ... but it seems apropos for your post on here, so, I'll send it your way. Happy trails to you!

Pete

My Time On Staff

Memories,
Of my time on staff.

Inval’s recalled,
EO’s chewing my behind,
In my time on staff.

How was I so simple minded then?
I believed Ron’s every written line.
If I had the chance to do it all over again,
I would flee, and stay free.

Memories,
Of such sorrow and regret,
Just too painful to remember,
Yet I simply can’t forget.

But my declare,
I remember with laughter,
Whenever I remember,
My time on staff,
My time on staff.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
onthepes, Thank you for sharing a part of your journey here with us on ESMB.

May love shine down upon your trails as you move further along in life.

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
And by the truth ye shall be known.

I find it immensly amusing that they think we are the bad guys.

If only they could look at themselves and get a REAL cognition.

Thanks fellow Brisbanite, do well in whatever you decide.

LTG

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks for being here, onthepes.
No leaving staff sec check here. Just a well meant thank you for sharing what you have. Don't let that osa fuck-head get to you. It is their stock in trade to upset you. Evil fuckers! Let it roll off your back! He's slimy and he's stuck there- poor bugger; not you! :yes:

I hope you're thrive and be happy in whatever you do! Best wishes for you!

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

My Time On Staff

Memories,
Of my time on staff.

Inval’s recalled,
EO’s chewing my behind,
In my time on staff.
(snipped to save internet space)

Mr. GoNuclear, I always get a kick out of your song parodies. I'm a musician but not a trained vocalist but I like to sing. I'm even in a choir.

On the above parody I tried singing the lyrics out loud and it ended up way more hilarious than just reading the lyrics or hearing them in my head.

I suggest we form an ESMB Choir doing your song parodies. We could perform at SP parties and raids. Oh what fun!

Thank you for bringing humor to ESMB. I love this community (well.....except for the occasional idiot that doesn't belong here. But they don't last very long around here.)

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
And by the truth ye shall be known.

I find it immensly amusing that they think we are the bad guys.

If only they could look at themselves and get a REAL cognition.

Thanks fellow Brisbanite, do well in whatever you decide.

LTG

Ah, but we are opposing them. It's an enemy thing. But you are quite right that they should be looking at themselves and getting a real cog.

But please take comfort in the fact that more and more people are leaving, including people who were involved- deeply involved- for years. The sorts of people one might have thought would never ever leave.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Most OSA actions disgust me completely but they are more trapped in the cult than anyone else is due (at least in part) to the things they have done.

I have more time for OSA (they are real people underneath the ridiculous personality they have created for themselves) than I have for some of the people that post here that are still slurping the Kool-aid when they have no need to be.

People that work for OSA must be taking a serious (non physical) thrashing daily from 'uplines' and one day they will decide that they have had enough and I want them to feel welcome to come here because they will need ESMB more than most.

:yes:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Onthepes, it was nice you hung out here for a while, I'm sure you'll be back. Don't let OSA etc. bug you too much, that'll only empower them as they are of a bully mentality which, as I'm sure you know, is pretty much the product of Hubbard's warped creation. Do not fear them, laugh at the absurdity if anything :p
Take good care, do visit :)

:cheers:

Aaaaand~ FUCK YOU OSA LOLOLOL!!!

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dear onthepes,

Many of us here know that OSA reads every post on this board. After all, that is what they get paid to do. You don't have to have an account to read the posts. I am sorry that you feel that you have to leave, but I do understand.