What's new

Take my Advice!

Sai Ninja 2000

Patron with Honors
:hysterical:

omg these are so funny!

here's my contribution (not funny, but has meaning for me):

(Advice to Staff): Its not a crusade, its slavery. You aren't a volunteer. No one is there "on the same terms as the rest of us". Live or die in the attempt? Really? WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
:hysterical:

omg these are so funny!

here's my contribution (not funny, but has meaning for me):

(Advice to Staff): Its not a crusade, its slavery. You aren't a volunteer. No one is there "on the same terms as the rest of us". Live or die in the attempt? Really? WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Volunteer means you do it based on your free will. Not ordered to musters, to meals, to sleep with groups, etc.
Volunteer: a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
• a person who works for an organization without being paid.
a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.

By the mere fact that staff gets paid (occasionally) means they are NOT volunteers.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, Mest Lover, I'm having Space Comedies in my head all the time. It's a blast, you should join me some time. LOL!!!

Operating DB - yes, he was rather 1.1 wasn't he?

T

TheSneakster

Perhaps it is a stipend.

Doesn't matter, still equals employee, not volunteer.

The closest (purely in terms of employment status) Real World(tm) situation I can think of to living and working in the Sea Org might be a monastery of one of the Catholic Orders.

I've been to St. Andrews Abbey in the High Desert southeast of Palmdale a couple of times to help with the used book sale at the annual festival. The Brothers there are well clothed, very well fed and their medical care seems to be up to snuff.

Perhaps it might be possible for someone familiar with California employment laws to explain how these various monasteries handle minimum wage, Social Security and suchlike?

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
There's gotta be a place for unsolicited Advice. Maybe here....
(Advice to Scientologists) Leave! Quick, before you have any more "case gain".
(Advice to those doing the Independent Bridge after leaving the CoS) Keep leaving.
(Advice to COB) Throw down your e-meter & goldenrod paper and come out with your hands up.
(Advice to Tommy Davis) Lose the aviator shades, lose the swagger & lose the cult that is about to devour whatever little remains of your soul.
(Advice to Ron) While you are out there researching, see if there is any tech on un-destroying lives that you could use in your amends project.
(Advice to Sea Org Members) You are not on the Sea. You are not Organized. You are not members of the most ethical group on the planet.

(Advice to Clears) Try to remember, if you can, what Ron said about the abilities of a Clear.

(Advice to OSA Execs) Ron is dead. COB is insane. Maybe it's a good time to start looking around for a 3rd choice.
(Advice to Marty Rathbun) Ron already claimed to be the reincarnation of Buddha...but Jesus may still be available.
(Advice to OT's) Now that you are Cause over Life, you should get off the Grade Chart and start living it.

Ooooooh, that feels better....glad I got all that off my chest!

Got advice?

I love this one because after reaching OT VII, I re-read the abilities of a Clear and I knew I had been scammed. I was not Clear! :omg: How could I NOT be Clear???? And shouldn't I be dead from exposure to the OHTEE levels without being Clear?!?!?! What a mind fuck.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I love this one because after reaching OT VII, I re-read the abilities of a Clear and I knew I had been scammed. How could I NOT be Clear???? And shouldn't I be dead from exposure to the OHTEE levels without being Clear?!?!?! What a mind fuck.

The quintessentially quirky, comical conundrum of CLEAR is that.....

The exact moment that a person is attesting to CLEAR is the exact moment that they forget that the abilities of CLEAR include perfect memory.

EXAMINER: Would you like to attest to the State of Clear?

PC: Hmmmm, uhhhh, I forget exactly what abilities a Clear has...Can you remind me?

EXAMINER: That's not necessary because your needle is floating!

PC: Wow, cool! I wonder what other advanced OT levels of knowingness I might have achieved without knowing about it!

HelluvaHoax!

(Advice to Scientology Advertising) For a change, try promoting something you CAN deliver. Like a course on how to very profitably exploit human weakness with glorious bait and switch schemes.

Sai Ninja 2000

Patron with Honors
(Advice to Scientology Advertising) For a change, try promoting something you CAN deliver. Like a course on how to very profitably exploit human weakness with glorious bait and switch schemes.

hear hear :thumbsup:

as someone who worked in the marketing area, this is close to my heart. i never understood why, when the policies stated, only promote what you can deliver, and deliver what is promised, they never did either...

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Who's gonna buy an OT level where the win is 'I managed to get out of bed this morning without falling on my face'?

Thank You Ron!

Zinj

HelluvaHoax!

hear hear :thumbsup:
as someone who worked in the marketing area, this is close to my heart. i never understood why, when the policies stated, only promote what you can deliver, and deliver what is promised, they never did either...

Interesting SN!

That's what the policy says....but then what is the ACTUAL policy being followed?

Official Written Policy:HCOPL Only Promote What You Can Deliver
Actual Policy Followed: HCOPL Only Promote What You Can Sell

Official Written Policy:HCOPL Always Deliver What You Promise
Actual Policy Followed:HCOPL Always Promise That You Delivered

Last edited: