Tampa Bay Times Adversary New Freedom Mag Editor

Sindy

Crusader
The inimitable John Sugg surfaces as editor of Church of Scientology-backed ‘Freedom’ magazine

In my mail this week was the first edition of the re-launched ‘Freedom’ magazine, which bills itself as “a magazine for investigative journalism focusing on human rights and social betterment.”

The Florida edition of ‘Freedom’ is the voice of Flag, the Clearwater-based international spiritual headquarters of the Scientology religion, reads a note from the editors. Interesting, huh?

What’s more interesting is who is the editor on the masthead. No less than the inimitable John Sugg, formerly a senior editor for the Creative Loafing group of alternative newsweeklies. Sugg made quite a name for himself in these parts with his criticism of the local media, specifically the St. Petersburg Times.

If you think what I write about the Times is tough, you should go back and read Sugg. Dude was fierce.

So, to recap, one of, if not the most, outspoken critics of the Times is now the editor of a magazine bankrolled by a religious organization which considers the Times its foremost adversary.

More:

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/the-...church-of-scientology-backed-freedom-magazine

(I did look for a thread about this, as I just saw this today, and didn't see one but if there is, could you delete or merge? Thanks)

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I will be looking forward to this as long as he edits under the byline of "Trusted Department Head of United Churches of Florida copywrite 1975" with articles on:

Deception and Fraud in the Grand Tradition of the New Mecca birthplace of assasins of Clearwater.

How we bankrupted the paper route contractors by stealing from their paper boxes.

What Hospital should you take your dead parishoners to in order to avoid prosecution for murder.

How to implement religious cloaking to protect your business assets.

Why human rights abuses are declining in the wake of EX_pansion exodus.

How to avoid being punched and slapped by COB: a day tour to the local court house to see the Emporer in action.

Why the Prisoners of Belief are declining and how you can volunteer.

Why the Crystal Ballroom seances are levels above Super Power

The completely free word clearing of 1984 with any donation that breaks the bank.

How doing your OT levels can give you the inside scoop on human rights abuses.

coming in the next issue:1) how your ethics and pc folders are secured on google search engines and how we help them accomplish it with our trusted tech.

2) How to spot a lie as revealed in the scriptures of LRH
======================================================

NB In keeping with conformity with the character of this publication Letters to the editor will be accepted only with Court Bates and proven to be perjurious by said court.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I will be looking forward to this as long as he edits under the byline of "Trusted Department Head of United Churches of Florida copywrite 1975" with articles on:

Deception and Fraud in the Grand Tradition of the New Mecca birthplace of assasins of Clearwater.

How we bankrupted the paper route contractors by stealing from their paper boxes.

What Hospital should you take your dead parishoners to in order to avoid prosecution for murder.

How to implement religious cloaking to protect your business assets.

Why human rights abuses are declining in the wake of EX_pansion exodus.

How to avoid being punched and slapped by COB: a day tour to the local court house to see the Emporer in action.

Why the Prisoners of Belief are declining and how you can volunteer.

Why the Crystal Ballroom seances are levels above Super Power

The completely free word clearing of 1984 with any donation that breaks the bank.

How doing your OT levels can give you the inside scoop on human rights abuses.

coming in the next issue:1) how your ethics and pc folders are secured on google search engines and how we help them accomplish it with our trusted tech.

2) How to spot a lie as revealed in the scriptures of LRH
======================================================

NB In keeping with conformity with the character of this publication Letters to the editor will be accepted only with Court Bates and proven to be perjurious by said court.

I'm looking forward to his probing, one-on-one interview with Miscavige.

I've long wondered exactly how, when and why MISCAVIGE DECIDED TO SEND A DILDO TO THE WIFE OF A CRITIC.

Only he could sign off on such an action being undertaken.

It would be a revealing interview.