What's new

Tampa Bay Times Entheta Tsunamis

Church of Scientology paid two private investigators millions to trail David Miscavige's rival, lawsuit claims

"......Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige ordered surveillance on one of his former church rivals in a secret operation that lasted 25 years and ate up millions in church funds, a Texas lawsuit alleges.

The two private investigators who filed the suit say the church hired them to conduct intensive surveillance on Pat Broeker,...."

"...The two are seeking damages, alleging the church made false representations and breached its agreement with them....."

"...The men also did other work for Scientology, including surveillance of Mitch Daniels, the Indiana governor, the lawsuit says....."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ivate-investigators-millions-to-trail/1252846

Div6

Crusader

Church of Scientology paid two private investigators millions to trail David Miscavige's rival, lawsuit claims

"......Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige ordered surveillance on one of his former church rivals in a secret operation that lasted 25 years and ate up millions in church funds, a Texas lawsuit alleges.

The two private investigators who filed the suit say the church hired them to conduct intensive surveillance on Pat Broeker,...."

"...The two are seeking damages, alleging the church made false representations and breached its agreement with them....."

"...The men also did other work for Scientology, including surveillance of Mitch Daniels, the Indiana governor, the lawsuit says....."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ivate-investigators-millions-to-trail/1252846

And the hits just keep on coming....

Gadfly

Crusader
If only all the nasty behind-the-scenes shenanigans of both Hubbard and Miscavige, in all its sordid detail, could surface at once!

BANG - the Church of Scientology would die overnight! :thumbsup:

They are such disgusting SCUM. :puke2:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is so hot! Just when one sensational media story starts to die out, another picks up the torch and the march continues. Love it!

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
If only all the nasty behind-the-scenes shenanigans of both Hubbard and Miscavige, in all its sordid detail, could surface at once!

BANG - the Church of Scientology would die overnight! :thumbsup:

They are such disgusting SCUM. :puke2:

It's coming. And when it finally happens, it will probably be a big letdown for those of us who have waited years to see it. My biggest hope and wish is that there will be an enormous celebration in Clearwater once the Cof$ closes its doors there. Hopefully there will be a few nights of total revelry, with folks coming in from all around, the mayor making announcements, and a fireworks display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPDP5-NfbE&feature=related

Pete

Gadfly

Crusader
It's coming. And when it finally happens, it will probably be a big letdown for those of us who have waited years to see it. My biggest hope and wish is that there will be an enormous celebration in Clearwater once the Cof$ closes its doors there. Hopefully there will be a few nights of total revelry, with folks coming in from all around, the mayor making announcements, and a fireworks display.

Pete

I will attend, for sure, and will get to Clearwater for THAT celebration no matter what else migh be on the schedule. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :happydance:

Imagine the FH and the SP Building with doors locked (chains and padlocks), with the huge FOR SALE signs on each!

I suppose then DM will be hidden away in some small South American country enjoying his billions . . . . .

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is simply delicious news. Ray Jeffries may be the attorney that takes the CULT down.

The hits are happening daily now. These are exciting times to be out of the cult and watching it go down!

WHAT IS DAVID MISCAVIGE HIDING??? :coolwink:

SECRETS DAVID...YOU KNOW WHAT LRH SAID ABOUT SECRETS...:whistling:

I think there is going to be a huge unraveling of the secrets the CULT has been hiding... very very soon! :happydance:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

$10 MILLION to $12 MILLION of parishioner money spent to spy on and harass a long-gone enemy.

WHAT YOUR [STRIKE]FEES[/STRIKE] SLEAZE BUY

From 'WHAT YOUR FEES BUY':

"So little by little, using the fees you give us for your service, your training and your processing, we create little by little areas of sanity.

And these areas spread out, releasing and Clearing the community, if we continue to be alert and competent, perhaps those areas will meet one country, one continent to the next and we will have a cleaner, saner world.

Your fee is supporting and continuing the greatest hope that man has ever had and the orgs and people vital to its survival and increase.

Your fee does what it takes to get the job done."

Thank you.

- L. Ron Hubbard

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Crikey!

Marrick and Arnold know where Broeker is. But Jeffrey said he wants to "reach out" to him with "some level of sensitivity" before revealing anything publicly.

"He could very well be a witness," Jeffrey said. "Although to the best of our knowledge he wasn't aware that he was being surveilled for 25 years."

For years, the church has insisted that it doesn't hire private investigators. It has said its attorneys sometimes hire them as part of standard litigation practice to protect the church's interests.

But the lawsuit says Marrick and Arnold dealt directly with Miscavige's staff, not attorneys, and that Miscavige feared Broeker might one day try to reclaim his position.

Broeker left quietly and was not a threat to Scientology, Jeffrey said. The surveillance operation "just seems inconsistent with their mission."

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pat Broeker with cigarette 2nd from left.
Gerry Armstrong on left at Gerry's wedding to Terri
AND
Pat Broker's wedding to Trudi

PatBroeker1_zpscd7fb101.jpg

I will post the Complaint (Law Suit) shortly

pat_broeker_1986_death_event_video_zpsc9cdf8c6.png

Pat Broeker

HelluvaHoax!

"For years, the church has insisted that it doesn't hire private investigators. It has said its attorneys sometimes hire them as part of standard litigation practice to protect the church's interests.

But the lawsuit says Marrick and Arnold dealt directly with Miscavige's staff, not attorneys, and that Miscavige feared Broeker might one day try to reclaim his position."

Uh-Oh!

Dealt directly with Miscavige's staff?

Hey Dave up there at the Int Base Bunker.....

Ya got trouble,
right here in River(side)
[STRIKE]City[/STRIKE] (County)!

Ya got trouble,
Right here in Riverside County!
With a capital "T"
And that rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Prosecution.

[video=youtube;qam1fbQmA_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qam1fbQmA_s[/video]​

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I will attend, for sure, and will get to Clearwater for THAT celebration no matter what else migh be on the schedule. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :happydance:

Imagine the FH and the SP Building with doors locked (chains and padlocks), with the huge FOR SALE signs on each!

I suppose then DM will be hidden away in some small South American country enjoying his billions . . . . .

It depends on the final collapse scenario and how it plays out. The Cof$ could end with either a huge raid or a KoolAide party at the int base. There may very well be CIA involvement/co-opting of the cult, with a KoolAide party serving their objectives. I have posted on that possibility numerous times. Possible CIA/other intel service involvement goes along with the Wollersheim hypothesis, which goes pretty much like this ... if the Cof$ was not on their radarscope prior to operation Snow White, it would have been afterwards, considering the depth of penetration of various US govt. agencies. The question would be what to do with the Cof$ after that. The Wollersheim hypothesis is that it would have been considered more useful to keep together rather than destroy. Why? Because of MICE ... that is, the acronym for recruiting agents ... money, ideology, compromise, ego. Money? The other side can always out bid you and turn your agent. Compromise? Someone can always decide that it is better to come clean rather than continue to be blackmailed. Ego? Problems with that as well. Ideology is best, but, even better would be doing it for one's religious beliefs or faith. So the CIA would have seen an intel service, i.e., the Guardian's office, penetrating all manner of govt. agencies, with agents that have the highest motivating factor, and operating on a shoestring compared to various national/governmental intel agencies. So why not keep it together and co-opt it.

HOWEVER ... that was 1977, today is today, and the internet/anonymous/the old guard critics/all the expose's coming out have done their damage to the point where the Cof$/OSA is no longer of use as a co-opted intel service. It may have one last use tho, and that would be to go out with a KoolAide party to attack freedom of speech/the press/religion etc. in the media. The first ammendment is one of the great pillars of the bulwark against tyranny, the other being private firearms ownership. A huge int base KoolAide party would play into the hands of those who want laws to shut up political opposition and/or stifle various unpleasant truths from coming out.

Pete

HelluvaHoax!

You know what Scientology-Watching reminds me of?

Like being at a sporting event when the home team is getting killed on the scoreboard and any chance of a victory is quickly vanishing.

That's when some of the crowd begins to get up and file out early, to be the traffic rush in the parking lot.

As the crushing defeat becomes more apparent, even loyal fans start to get up and leave.

Some hang on even longer.

Eventually the game is over and everyone has to leave.

Right now the score is lopsided and it's obvious that Scientology has no secret plays left in their game book. Their athletes are exhausted, sitting on the bench injured or watching the game on tv at home because they refuse to play for the team any more.

It's fun to watch the Hemet Bullies get their asses kicked by a scrappy but determined team of underdogs. I am enjoying it.

BunnySkull

HOLY SHIT!!! WHEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Go Ray Jefferies! Debbie Cook's lawyer was gunning for a fight and Cook was just a warm up! I bet he will be milking the cult dry. I'm thinking someone is pointing him in the right direction and when some people saw he was willing to take on the cult, and win, his phone lit up by calls by some very interesting people.

John P.

Patron
Note that the lawsuit was filed in San Patricio County. Did anybody think about why an attorney who lives 175 miles away near San Antonio would file a suit on behalf of private investigators who live in Colorado and California in a rural county in Texas?

If you happened to recall that San Patricio County contains the hamlet of Ingleside-by-the-Bay, home to one Marty Rathbun, you will have cracked the code.

Mr. Jeffery is tossing a veiled threat into the ring to press Miscavige to surrender lots of money. Since the plaintiffs say that their work includes spying on Rathbun and Mike Rinder, this could be a not-so-subtle hint that Mr. Jeffery will either bring in Marty as a witness or will bring in 2/3 of the population of Ingleside-by-the-Bay to describe the Squirrel Busters' antics under oath. Neither would be terribly attractive for the cult.

So the question is, do they surrender faster or do they fight it out longer before they fold?

Get out the caek & popcorn.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Note that the lawsuit was filed in San Patricio County. Did anybody think about why an attorney who lives 175 miles away near San Antonio would file a suit on behalf of private investigators who live in Colorado and California in a rural county in Texas?

If you happened to recall that San Patricio County contains the hamlet of Ingleside-by-the-Bay, home to one Marty Rathbun, you will have cracked the code.

Mr. Jeffery is tossing a veiled threat into the ring to press Miscavige to surrender lots of money. Since the plaintiffs say that their work includes spying on Rathbun and Mike Rinder, this could be a not-so-subtle hint that Mr. Jeffery will either bring in Marty as a witness or will bring in 2/3 of the population of Ingleside-by-the-Bay to describe the Squirrel Busters' antics under oath. Neither would be terribly attractive for the cult.

So the question is, do they surrender faster or do they fight it out longer before they fold?

I think they have learned to pay up quickly to make the noise go away. How quaint to see the boot on the other foot! Scientology being harassed by lawsuits - lol!! What poetic justice!

BunnySkull

Also, I can't figure out why the fuck DM would stop paying these guys! It's insane. You know these PIs called the cult, demanded their money, were stiffed, went to Jefferies, and I would say Jerrferies approached the cult privately at first for an easy settlement and was rebuffed...so he knew going to the media & filing the claim was the next step, and the cult would have known this too.

I do hope this drags on and isn't quickly settled before the getting gets even better!

HelluvaHoax!

As much as I would love to see it go to discovery and trial, a better assumption is a whole lot of saber rattling on both sides and a SETTLEMENT is reached.

It will be a structured settlement. Probably the church will lowball an offer ($250,000 to $500,000) and the plaintive(s) will reject it. No reason to accept anything when the ball is in play.

The back and forth posturing and counter-offers will happen while the COS tries to comb its files, destroy evidence and look for any dirt on either of those two PI's.

As it becomes obvious that it is not good for either side to get into protracted litigation (because CoS/Miscavige can't afford the public disclosures and because the PI's can't afford the litigation) they will come up with a structured settlement of probably $5M to $10M over time with a chunk paid upon execution and the rest in installments AS LONG AS THE PI'S DON'T BREACH THEIR IRON-CLAD CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT.

This is Debbie Cook 2.0.

The PI's will make that deal probably because it's a huge amount of money for no work and there is no risk to it. And the taxes are considerably less spread over time.

It would be glorious to see it go to trial but I kind of doubt that the plaintive will hold out for a crazy number, forcing that to happen.