What's new

Tampa Bay Times Entheta Tsunamis

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
This may not be Ethical. It does not sound like it is for the Greatest Good.
Idle Morgue may not realize how casual words like this can DELAY the release of OT IX, OT X and OT XI.

Think of the devastating WAIT those who paid up front will go through !
Their money is gone and Idle Morgue might be creating further delays !

First

OT IX and OT X cannot be released until all Orgs reach old St. Hill size.
BUT pay now

Then
The Super Power Rundowns will not be available until all Scientologists have done the New Basics. $3000-$5000 to purchase them.
But pay now

NOW
All Previous Private Investigators disgruntled with the Church must have their cases settled via Ray Jeffrey.

BEFORE

SUPER Power and OT IX, OT X and OT XI will be released.
Pre-release donations always accepted, Idle Morgue please nudge Helluva Hoax to take advantage of 10% off ~~ offer valid 24 hours only.

Cool Post!

On that one point: "The Super Power Rundowns will not be available until all Scientologists have done the New Basics."

Absurd as it is, Scientologists could probably accept that with great applause if COB announced it an an event with a triumphant flourish. All he'd have to say is that it's "great news" and "a breakthrough", that it "undercuts the gradient", speeds progress up the Bridge" and "removes the final barrier to OT".

I kinda find it fascinating to consider how crazy it would have to get for Scientologists to start booing, stand up and walk out of the events.

We could test the faithful cult members by trying out a few, like a survey, and see how they respond to it.

EXAMPLE: COB announces that "The Super Power Rundowns at the SuperPower org will not be available until the SuperPower org is the size of Old St. Hill."

The Scientologists would clap at first. But on the way home from the event, they would suddenly realize that it's a paradox and then they's feel quite confused. However, then they would think the thought:"It must be very advanced OT datum" and get their F/N would return.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I got curious to know how M&M feel about Pat Broeker being the central interest of some reading this lawsuit, instead of it being the PIs.

Some comments of interest by M&M and Jim Logan:

Kevin Tighe | September 22, 2012 at 11:16 am

Just read the lawsuit. Pretty much lays out what has been reported on for some time by Marty & Mike. I have forwarded to numerous friends still in. Hopefully they will have the courage to read it. My gut tells me these PIs are in this for more than the money. God how I hope Pat (or someone else) has ta handwritten copy of The SO & The Future Flag Order. If so, game over.

martyrathbun09 | September 22, 2012 at 11:40 am | Reply

There is no such item.

Kevin Tighe | September 22, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Perhaps LRH didn’t write it then. In any event I hope that these PIs are operating on a higher purpose than money and do not settle too quickly. That way some useful discovery can be done and gotten on the record. Seems the PIs developed a certain amount of ARC for Pat though I’m not holding my breath. It’s a shame that so much time and energy has been wasted these past 25 years.

mrinder | September 22, 2012 at 3:25 pm

These PIs have no dog in this fight other than their own livelihood. They could care less what happens except being made whole.

Kevin Tighe | September 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Mike, More than likely you are correct but there were a few lines in the lawsuit that give me a glimmer of hope that perhaps there may be more purpose to the lawsuit than just money though I’m money is surely the major purpose.

martyrathbun09 | September 22, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I wouldn’t bank on that.

deLizabeth | September 23, 2012 at 12:00 am

Good!

More interesting exchanges...

BED MAN OKC | September 22, 2012 at 10:47 am

As some of you may know. I spoke to Ray when the Debbie Cook thing was going on. I called him intending to leave a voice mail, encouraging him to “fight on” even though the cult will throw money and resources aimed at disrupting him and his practice. I can say that I was 100% wrong in my assumption, because there really IS something to those Texas Lawyers.

Ray kindly engaged me for 15 minutes, while driving down I 35 in NW OKC, asking me questions and explainging to me of all people some of the legal wrangling and strategy that they were incorporating. It was ZERO surprise that Cult Leader Miscaviage paid Cook a fortune to go away.

Ray Jeffries is a straight up MAN ! With real loyalties.

Something DM, will never get regardless of how many lobbyist he pays.

BMO

mrinder | September 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm

BMOC — wonderful comment. Mr. Jeffrey is one of the most intelligent, gentlemanly people you could ever want to meet. And on top of that, he is a master street fighter.

As long as you are polite and treat him with respect, you can sleep well at night. Cross him, or his friends, and you have bought yourself not just a fight with pitbull, its a pitbull chained to your leg that hasn’t been fed for a month.

MostlyLurker | September 22, 2012 at 2:51 am

“Mr. Miscavige and his allies cancelled Mr. Hubbard’s Order promoting the Broekers by asserting that the Order was a forgery.”

Was it a forgery or it wasn’t?
What do you think Marty?

[..]( Marty's reply already posted here)[..]

Jim Logan | September 22, 2012 at 10:21 am

It is important to note that “forgery” or not, the FO doesn’t assign them ADMINSTRATIVE functions, an actual POST on an org board. It is Rank, a Sea Org rank. Nothing else.

In reply to a comment by Chuck Beatty:

Jim Logan | September 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm

“…and the responsiblity that LRH may have wished to give Pat and Annie, as “Loyal Officers”, I myself, never took LRH’s intention to have them be the leaders of it all.”

I didn’t either Chuck and importantly Annie knew this “loyal officer” thing had zero to do with any actual POST, a FUNCTION on the org board.

What LRH DID do with her, was state she was to be posted as IG RTC. That was the post.

“Loyal officer” is a symbol, a rank, and nothing more. So she had no attention on this and it had no siginificance for her. In fact, the rank SHE wanted returned was Lt. Commander, as LRH unequivocably assigned that to her. DM “took it away”.

Again, “forgery” or not, this FO has nothing to do with the Organizational legacy, or intention, or board, or posts or duties or functions. Zip. Nada.

Stat | September 23, 2012 at 12:22 am

Jim, you said – “What LRH DID do with her, was state she was to be posted as IG RTC. That was the post”.
Was Annie ever posted as IG RTC?
Anymore background on that?

Jim Logan | September 23, 2012 at 8:12 am

No, she did not take that post. DM intervened. One of the issues she and I were dealing with.

Stat | September 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, Jim.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great article by Ortega, as usual. The idea of seeing the DwarfenFuehrer getting grilled in a courtroom gives me tingles "allovermybody" (sorry, an old Jonathan Winter reference) :biggrin:. That would just about make my year. However, I just don't see it happening. I so want it to happen but it's so effecty and we know Der Munchkin is pure OTey cause. He'll pay and pay and pay to get out of it.

< snipped >

tick toc mofo.

This is what he does when fixed with apostate members and bereaved parents and so on, agreed, but this case is just about money. So why did he not pay and pay and pay to avoid getting into it?

These are two employees after his own heart; they worked for him for a lifetime; they did it only for money, and their case is only about money not about something dubious, a claim that has to be proven. So why? :confused2:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Radar chimes in on the $10M PI story:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...investigators-hired-spy-david-miscavige-rival

---
Scientology officials refused to comment to The Morning News on the lawsuit, but Jeffrey told the paper, “Scientology has submitted affidavits insisting that private investigators work for attorneys and not for the church directly, and that David Miscavige had no knowledge of the work being done by those investigators."
---

How would DM know anything about $10M spent to follow his rival? :duh: LOL, or is Radar stretching it here.

Are Scientology attorneys now operating as a separate ecclesiastical something?:omg:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I only read the first 20 pages of this thread...

I think this whole deal is headed to " Who really Killed LRH "

DM controlled the comm line to LRH AND built a network of followers in the SO.

Pat was with LRH but isolated from the scn community yet was in close contact with DM ( who did not know exactly where LRH was located).

DM brought the bag money to Pat.

Annie was with LRH. Gene Denk wrote the 'scripts.

Pat was sure he & Annie were #1 & #2 ( most likely true - look at where they signed the Will & where DM signed it ).

Did DM encourage Pat to off the Old Man & let Pat think he was "safe" in getting it all while unbeknownest to him & Annie that DM had put put together a take over team ?

Weren't Gene, Pat, & DM ( conveniently ) out gambling when the Old Man croaked ?

And now, Annie is gone.

Questions - or facts - anyone ?

One day we will know who killed Ron. LOL !

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How would DM know anything about $10M spent to follow his rival? :duh: LOL, or is Radar stretching it here.

It will be interesting to see how the Dwarf tries to spin this one. Is the CofS going to deny all knowledge? The $12 million had nothing to do with them? So some unknown Fairy Godmother gave these guys $12 million over 25 years while they were demonstratively tailing Broeker around, as documented by hotel receipts etc? Who's he going to sling under the bus that through some loophole was able to make these payments over 25 years and no-one noticed except for the 20 affidavit-writers who will swear themselves black and blue that it is true? Wendell Reynolds maybe?

Heh.

Paul

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
It will be interesting to see how the Dwarf tries to spin this one. Is the CofS going to deny all knowledge?

Some things they probably can't say:

1. Those PIs are disgruntled ex-employees. (Whoops!)
2. Bitter, lying, defrocked apostates. (Well, we'll give them the bitter, but since they were never frocked...)
3. Miscavige didn't hire them from Church funds. He used his LRH suitcase money, earned only from his ever popular pulp fiction, because Broeker never liked Ron's pulp fiction, and needed to be watched. It had nothing to do with Scientology as a religion.
4. They can bring Tommy Davis back to 'splain it all, like he did about Xenu. :nervous:

TG1

Angelic Poster
The Big Witness*

Well, isn't it obvious who is supremely qualified to serve as the big WITNESS* in this case, qualified to report on whether these two PIs reported to and interacted with David Miscavige and what the assignments to them were and what promises were made to them about their future compensation? After all, this big WITNESS is the one who hired the PIs and qualified them and ran them for years.

And isn't it obvious how many other scary / lulzy subjects and topics might come up during the questioning of that WITNESS during depositions and later on (if it doesn't settle) in court?

And what if the WITNESS did manage to answer a question or raise a topic that the cult's and Miscavige's local lawyers didn't appreciate (because they're not long-standing Scios) opens up a huge Pandora's box of Scientology crimes and permits the asking and answering of even more lulzy questions?

What if Q&A with the WITNESS resulted in testimony that could only be repudiated by Miscavige himself -- and that without Miscavige's responses would likely be considered by a court to be "irrefuted evidence" supporting the PIs' side of the story.

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Actually, I find it hard to imagine that the PIs' lawyers would be able to conduct a deposition of this WITNESS in front of the cult's and Miscavige's lawyers without having the depo presided over by a judge or mediator to rule on all the objections and grand-standing and unladylike and ungentlemanly behavior that will certainly happen in that depo conference room during the deposition of that WITNESS.

:roflmao:

TG1

*Mark Rathbun

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
I only read the first 20 pages of this thread...

I think this whole deal is headed to " Who really Killed LRH "

Offing Hubbard would have been too risky for any of them, UNLESS the future of Scientology were at stake. What if, after his stroke, Hubbard decided he wanted to write another will and leave most of his money to the 2nd wife he never had, or Mary Sue, or the SPCA or something?

I think Miscavige was worried Broeker would be tempted to keep the hush money, AND tell on Miscavige one day, you know, that he would have a change of heart about being silenced.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Kevin Tighe | September 22, 2012 at 11:16 am

Just read the lawsuit. Pretty much lays out what has been reported on for some time by Marty & Mike. I have forwarded to numerous friends still in. Hopefully they will have the courage to read it. My gut tells me these PIs are in this for more than the money. God how I hope Pat (or someone else) has ta handwritten copy of The SO & The Future Flag Order. If so, game over.
martyrathbun09 | September 22, 2012 at 11:40 am | Reply

There is no such item.

185Gb.gif

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cool Post!

On that one point: "The Super Power Rundowns will not be available until all Scientologists have done the New Basics."

Absurd as it is, Scientologists could probably accept that with great applause if COB announced it an an event with a triumphant flourish. All he'd have to say is that it's "great news" and "a breakthrough", that it "undercuts the gradient", speeds progress up the Bridge" and "removes the final barrier to OT".

I kinda find it fascinating to consider how crazy it would have to get for Scientologists to start booing, stand up and walk out of the events.

We could test the faithful cult members by trying out a few, like a survey, and see how they respond to it.

EXAMPLE: COB announces that "The Super Power Rundowns at the SuperPower org will not be available until the SuperPower org is the size of Old St. Hill."

The Scientologists would clap at first. But on the way home from the event, they would suddenly realize that it's a paradox and then they's feel quite confused. However, then they would think the thought:"It must be very advanced OT datum" and get their F/N would return.

Helluva Hoax made me laugh out loud.
There are penalties for that.
There is an IAS war chest for that.
PIs may need to be hired to track down Helluva Hoax.
PIs and Lawyers may need to be hired to get Helluva Hoax to shut up.
PIs may need to intimidate HH if he refuses to take a bribe and sign a non disclosure gag order.

These kind of posts on ESMB only further the resolve for more thousands of hidden microphones, more security cameras, more Private Investigators, more bomb sniffing dogs, more glossy FREEDUMB magazines, more wire tapping, more purchase of phone records...

Is it possible that Helluva Hoax and other posters here are deliberately, ON PURPOSE, trying to cause huge expenses to lower the great ASSETS in the bank accounts ?

Helluva Hoax is bullbating Scientology Inc to hire more Private Investigators so that more huge settlements will have to be made...

Devious plots can be dealt with.
There are penalties for that.

RogerB

Crusader
Re: The Big Witness*

Well, isn't it obvious who is supremely qualified to serve as the big WITNESS* in this case, qualified to report on whether these two PIs reported to and interacted with David Miscavige and what the assignments to them were and what promises were made to them about their future compensation? After all, this big WITNESS is the one who hired the PIs and qualified them and ran them for years.

And isn't it obvious how many other scary / lulzy subjects and topics might come up during the questioning of that WITNESS during depositions and later on (if it doesn't settle) in court?

And what if the WITNESS did manage to answer a question or raise a topic that the cult's and Miscavige's local lawyers didn't appreciate (because they're not long-standing Scios) opens up a huge Pandora's box of Scientology crimes and permits the asking and answering of even more lulzy questions?

What if Q&A with the WITNESS resulted in testimony that could only be repudiated by Miscavige himself -- and that without Miscavige's responses would likely be considered by a court to be "irrefuted evidence" supporting the PIs' side of the story.

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Actually, I find it hard to imagine that the PIs' lawyers would be able to conduct a deposition of this WITNESS in front of the cult's and Miscavige's lawyers without having the depo presided over by a judge or mediator to rule on all the objections and grand-standing and unladylike and ungentlemanly behavior that will certainly happen in that depo conference room during the deposition of that WITNESS.

:roflmao:

TG1

*Mark Rathbun

You're right about the need to restrain them church idiots . . . and the PI's attorney knows how to do it . . . he's already used the "vexatious litigant" card against them to good effect. If, as I hope, it goes all the way to court it's going to be a delicious spectacle of watching the cult getting skinned alive.

R

HoraciotheOT8

Patron with Honors
Re: Tony Ortega reports on lawsuit by private detectives against Scientology

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...tigators-millions-to-monitor-former-rival.ece

Hooray - Tony's still writing!

It turns out that Marty Rathbun hired the detectives who eventually filed suit after 25 years of spying for Miscavige.

I wonder how Miscavige will evade having to testify. Probably by going the
"buy them off " route.

We'll see soon I guess.

The lawsuit will be settled. That is a given. But the hole in the damn being plugged by money, this time, will not be sufficient to prevent the damn from breaking. That is the significance of this event.

much love,
Horacio

TG1

Angelic Poster
Yeah, but Mitch Daniels was "just" an Eli Lilly exec at the time of the spying, not "the gubernator."

onthepes

Patron with Honors

The lawsuit will be settled. That is a given. But the hole in the damn being plugged by money, this time, will not be sufficient to prevent the damn from breaking. That is the significance of this event.

much love,
Horacio

Maybe the Sea Org staff will start getting paid in Monopoly money in order to cut costs

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

Maybe the Sea Org staff will start getting paid in Monopoly money in order to cut costs

I've always wondered why the SO wasn't on the old "company script" payment system like the miners were before unions. I guess with the SO their script payments would only be redeemable at the canteen. I truly hope DM never reads about company store script because I have no doubt he would think it was a brilliant system and immediately implement it. It's a good thing DMs education is so limited, there are far too many cruel ideas in history for him to be inspired to use.