Technical Purity

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Is that anything like the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

Black-Lagoon.jpg

Those nails are impressive - I bet he's a great Flamenco player.

And is he talking on his cell phone?

Reality is not as real as it used to be.

I've got to go now.

I've spent so much time on this board today that I forgot to do my laundry.

I'll have to wear my dirty underwear inside out this week.

Again.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Lone Star

Crusader
Those nails are impressive - I bet he's a great Flamenco player.

And is he talking on his cell phone?

Reality is not as real as it used to be.

That's Elron Elray talking to DM from Target 2. The girl was trying to get out of her billion year contract.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Not a very good school then clearly. :eyeroll:

Especially when you don't?

And clearly emphasizing the use of rhetoric as a tool for persuasion rather than analysis as a means of furthering comprehension. Very much in keeping with modern trends in argument where it matters not if what is said is true as long as enough people accept it as such. :eyeroll:

A greater familiarity with classical lit can aid in fixing that. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

I went to a number of pretty good schools. Yes, analysis and comprehension are both valuable, but when making an argument, I use a persuasive voice. I'm sure you don't, because I'm not persuaded by you. :)

Lone Star

Crusader
Are we gonna sit here and take this kind of talk from him?

Let's get him, guys.

Seriously, thanks and I agree with what you said.

Especially about me.

Gadfly

P.S. Oh, except for the "faults" in "the faults and the strengths make each one of you great reading". That IS TRUE for all the others though. (kidding)

Well, except for possiby MAB . . . . . (kidding?)

In my list I would have been sure to include Hoaxter, as his humorous slant on aspects of Scientology continues to tear new holes in the scam - day after day and week after week (at least for me).

Oh absolutely Hoaxter! Like I said, I didn't mention everyone because I was only addressing this particular thread in present time. There are many more to mention, but I would end up leaving someone out inadvertently.