Technique 88 lectures, 1952, Phoenix, AZ.

Davids

Davids

Ethics cannot be based upon our obligations toward [people], but they are complete and natural only when we feel this Reverence for Life and the desire to have compassion for and to help all creatures insofar as it is in our power. I think that this ethic will become more and more recognized because of its great naturalness and because it is the foundation of a true humanism toward which we must strive if our culture is to become truly ethical.

you are absolutely right they love with mankind, they love with humanity, and they love with people who are living on earth whether any part of the world it does not matter.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Shit!! - I listened to this crap and took it seriously once!!

AARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!
I need to scream some generalities out the window.. To simmer down some..

BTW.. Hubbard neglected a 'characteristic' from his list about SP's! - In addition to speaking in generalities, they are like disgruntled former spouses!

:duh:

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Technique 88 lectures, 1952, Phoenix, AZ. Some of the most amazing quotes from LRH yo

you are absolutely right they love with mankind, they love with humanity, and they love with people who are living on earth whether any part of the world it does not matter.

Thank you :happydance:

AnonKat

Crusader

I don't follow. That is a qoute from Albert Schweitzer you are commenting on

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
Oh these are great!!!!

Excellent, excellent examples of an artificial being spewing.

Apparitions of the world, unite!

Veda

Sponsor
Some background on the 1952 period

From the book 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?':

"In 1951 Dad arrived in Phoenix where I was living with my grandfather. He spoke with me about the possibility of my working on Dianetics with him. It was thrilling. I was tremendously impressed with my father; with the fact that he was famous and knew other famous people. Through his involvement with Science Fiction he knew many well known writers. Through Dianetics he met many stars and starlets and even audited a few.

"Growing up, I was constantly shuttled back and forth between my mother and grandfather; it made me feel unwanted.

"Dad wasn't home much, but when he was it was seldom dull. He used to play the ukulele and sing; he had a rich baritone voice.

"It's a drag to talk about but he did have a vicious temper.

"Dinner time could sometimes be memorable. He was very fussy about his food - not just right and bam! That night's dinner formed a mosaic against the wall. When it happened my mother would be in shock. She was an excellent cook and could never understand why.

"Nonetheless, he never laid a hand on me or my sister.

"He did, however, put phenobarbital in my bubble gum on several occasions.

"As a teenager I had a terrible inferiority complex. Dad's invitation for me to become, in a major way, a part of his life meant everything. And to top it off he presented me with a fabulous gift, a '47 Buick and a 100 dollars for gas. This was particularly noteworthy since he had forgotten so many Christmases before that.

"That year I returned to the Pacific Northwest with my grandparents to finish my junior year in high school. Then, in August of 1952, Dad and I were reunited in Phoenix.

"Within a few short weeks I found myself head of the newly formed 'Hubbard College', as Director of Training and Chief Instructor... out of the blue, I'm the Great Sage's number one son...

"Dad's lectures... He was knocking them dead creating brilliant truths that danced in the heads of the audience. He was excelling himself. He was in hyper-drive...

"I had barely got out of my '47 Buick when Dad started me popping Rainbows [amphetamines]. It seemed like two minutes later I was teaching Scientology when I could barely pronounce the word."

From old timer and editor of early Scientology books John Sanborn:

"About the time of the split between Purcell and himself, Hubbard started talking about 'whole track' and space opera and past lives... He may have been putting this out just to bug Purcell. He was a prankster, a trickster. He wanted to see what he could do...

"In a Phoenix Congress... he talked about spooky whole track stuff. He had a floodlight on the floor in front of this little platform shining up, because that makes you look ghouly. And his face looked really weird and outer space and really crazy... and he talked weird... I think he was trying to drive people a little bit wacko so they'd fall into his hands a little bit."

Says Old Timer Jack Horner:

"He could just emanate pure affinity; just engulf you in it. Of course, he wasn't sincere, but it was sure convincing to a lot of people. He had that ability. People would go into see him with a disagreement, and then they'd completely forget what the hell it was."

Ron Jr:

"He'd sit at his typewriter late at night and boost up on drugs and hit way at the top, and write like crazy. He could type 97 words a minute with four fingers. That was the maximum the old IBM electric typewriter would go."

John Sanborn:

"[Hubbard] liked to think of himself a being worshipable."

88grailer

Hi yall,

Surely a very interesting selection of LRH quotes, to be sure! Can't say as I got much of an understanding of how to do Technique 88 from this thread though.

It was interesting to hear LRH say that the entities were my conglomerates of overts and witholds, dare I say ridges
from past lives...once my hands are clean and I get this, can confront this, look at this in whole track terms, how this devolution worked out to my being here on earth, [the 11th of the 12 Pilot/LRH Universes] right now writing about this
and getting the isness of it all.

"Seek within thine own self-illuminated, self originated mind
whence firstly, all such concepts arise, secondly where they exist, and, lastly, whether they vanish."

Do I dare to eat a peach? Could I evolve out of the 11 Universes just by helping others go free? That's the truth of the matter and it is too simple to undercut.

Now just how would one go about 'self illuminating' this 'self originated' mind? If your looking at that mind then your capable of auditing yourself from outside your body. That's where solo processing really comes in.

Rising needle processing is actually measuring MHO's as theta thru-put through the body, between the two terminals which are the cans held in your hands. This is POWER
not force.

cya,

88 grailer

Dare I say...baloney.

Seriously, though, welcome to the board.

Personally, I think any metaphysical explanations that come by way of Hubbard or made in comparison to Hubbard's ideas are suspect.

Just say what is in your heart and you will be welcomed here.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Last edited:

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ouch: Did you have to talk this loud this particular morning ?

Hi yall,

Surely a very interesting selection of LRH quotes, to be sure! Can't say as I got much of an understanding of how to do Technique 88 from this thread though.

It was interesting to hear LRH say that the entities were my conglomerates of overts and witholds, dare I say ridges
from past lives...once my hands are clean and I get this, can confront this, look at this in whole track terms, how this devolution worked out to my being here on earth, [the 11th of the 12 Pilot/LRH Universes] right now writing about this
and getting the isness of it all.

"Seek within thine own self-illuminated, self originated mind
whence firstly, all such concepts arise, secondly where they exist, and, lastly, whether they vanish."

Do I dare to eat a peach? Could I evolve out of the 11 Universes just by helping others go free? That's the truth of the matter and it is too simple to undercut.

Now just how would one go about 'self illuminating' this 'self originated' mind? If your looking at that mind then your capable of auditing yourself from outside your body. That's where solo processing really comes in.

Rising needle processing is actually measuring MHO's as theta thru-put through the body, between the two terminals which are the cans held in your hands. This is POWER
not force.

cya,

88 grailer