What's new

Testimony by the World’s First Real Clear, part two: ‘Scientology is designed to entrap people’

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Testimony by the World’s First Real Clear, part two: ‘Scientology is designed to entrap people’

[John McMaster]

Today we’re continuing to bring you highlights from a stunning new document found by historian Chris Owen, a 30-page affidavit by the “World’s first real Clear” — John McMaster. After our highlights, we’re posting the entire document in text and pdf forms.

The Sea Org was billed by Scientology founder L. Ron [...]

[John[.......]

Continue reading...

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another chain locker horror story as recounted by John McMaster:

"McMaster himself was used in one of these ploys, which he was still livid about years later…"

"I remember in particular the case of Mrs. Pat Lipsitz which occurred in October/November 1968, just before I went to America. She was an English lady and, I believe, had lived somewhere near Saint Hill Manor. She had undergone punishment by being put into the chain-locker and separated from her 18 month old baby. The baby may even have been younger. When Mrs. Lipsitz emerged from the chain-locker she was in a state of terror and immediately grabbed her child and left the ship and ran through the Port Authorities. At that time I had been given the post of Chaplain of the ship. I was requested, in that capacity, to go and track down Mrs. Lipsitz and bring her back to the ship. I said I would do so only on condition that no further punishment would be inflicted against this lady and that she would not be parted from her baby. This assurance was given to me. I accordingly then left the ship and ultimately traced Mrs. Lipsitz to the English Consulate. After speaking with me she agreed to return to the vessel. To my horror when she did so she was immediately separated from her baby and once more put into the chain-locker."

https://tonyortega.org/2018/06/07/t...two-scientology-is-designed-to-entrap-people/

Last edited:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been lured back on here after several years away by a PM about the McMaster affidavit.

What strikes me about his testimony is what an enormous waste of energy and good intentions so many of us experienced by our commitment to Hubbard's tricks. None more so than John McMaster.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
What strikes me about his testimony is what an enormous waste of energy and good intentions so many of us experienced by our commitment to Hubbard's tricks. None more so than John McMaster.
Yes, exactly. When I joined staff I had such a strong intent to serve humanity and felt that the CoS was an organization I could use as a vehicle with which to do that.

Instead, I ended up serving a corrupt criminal organization that is destructive in so many ways.

phenomanon

Canyon
Another chain locker horror story as recounted by John McMaster:

"McMaster himself was used in one of these ploys, which he was still livid about years later…"

"I remember in particular the case of Mrs. Pat Lipsitz which occurred in October/November 1968, just before I went to America. She was an English lady and, I believe, had lived somewhere near Saint Hill Manor. She had undergone punishment by being put into the chain-locker and separated from her 18 month old baby. The baby may even have been younger. When Mrs. Lipsitz emerged from the chain-locker she was in a state of terror and immediately grabbed her child and left the ship and ran through the Port Authorities. At that time I had been given the post of Chaplain of the ship. I was requested, in that capacity, to go and track down Mrs. Lipsitz and bring her back to the ship. I said I would do so only on condition that no further punishment would be inflicted against this lady and that she would not be parted from her baby. This assurance was given to me. I accordingly then left the ship and ultimately traced Mrs. Lipsitz to the English Consulate. After speaking with me she agreed to return to the vessel. To my horror when she did so she was immediately separated from her baby and once more put into the chain-locker."

https://tonyortega.org/2018/06/07/t...two-scientology-is-designed-to-entrap-people/
The Betrayal is outrageous!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The Betrayal? The woman being separated from her child again and thrown in the chain locker again is outrageous! That he would bring her back to that is outrageous!
If you look at the original reference (which is excerpted from an affidavit, so under oath), McMaster was assured that the lady would not be further punished or separated from her baby if he found her and brought her back. His agreement to go retrieve her was based upon that assurance.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
The Betrayal? The woman being separated from her child again and thrown in the chain locker again is outrageous! That he would bring her back to that is outrageous!

Koot? .....................................................

Koot?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology: the pseudo-science pseudo religion of sucking in and sucking the life out of all. So very tragic when its targets, people of original good will, become unknowing mind controlled slaves or minions of diabolical pogroms. I know, I was one, for decades, of the many used up.
Keep on shedding the light on the abuses and the inhumane ideas spewed and practiced by El Con and David Miscavige and his very sick scourge of the earth sick narcissistic lawyers. Oh, Hi OSA I forgot to point you out. Is this scourge what you are so diligently and willfully blind in carrying out; why you joined scientology in the first place. Surprised you can even lift your head up and look in the mirror after 15 hours of sleep a week.
You are not hated so much, as are your actions. Time to take your integrity back and walk away and become a whistle-blower.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
What I find most outrageous about the whole scientology scam is Hubbard's ability and willingness to lie whenever it suited him. He lied in books, lectures, bulletins, policy letters and he would even look someone straight in the eye and lie. It all began when he lied his way through DMSMH and he got away with it. There was no stopping him after that.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
What I find most outrageous about the whole scientology scam is Hubbard's ability and willingness to lie whenever it suited him. ..........
What I find upsetting is that some people who are otherwise trustworthy and honorable are attracted to and promote people like Hubbard who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
What I find upsetting is that some people who are otherwise trustworthy and honorable are attracted to and promote people like Hubbard who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves.
Yes that is the conundrum.

Whereas trust and integrity are virtues, it seems that at all times they must accompanied by an educated awareness that avaricious and evil motives do actually exist in life and that it requires astute observation to see deeper than what is falsely presented as good will. To be generous mankind is a frail and imperfect species. There is also virtue and an attraction to traits like being assertive and getting things done. But those traits are both in good willed people and the more diabolical personalities. That needs to be known and alertly watched for because not all that glitters is gold. Some of the more narcissistic personalities know well that they must paint themselves with gold so they can carry out their hidden destructive motives. Think gold plated Plutonium nuggets.
Thus we have the scenes where trust and integrity standing alone are often not enough to prevent their usurpation for the forwarding and benefit of evil.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
If you look at the original reference (which is excerpted from an affidavit, so under oath), McMaster was assured that the lady would not be further punished or separated from her baby if he found her and brought her back. His agreement to go retrieve her was based upon that assurance.
He was in for a while. He should have figured out earlier what such "assurances" were worth. And he stayed after seeing the "assurance" violated.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
He was in for a while. He should have figured out earlier what such "assurances" were worth. And he stayed after seeing the "assurance" violated.
Like many of us, he stayed longer than he should have. But it wasn't so easy leaving in the circumstances he found himself in. As he wrote:

[bcolor=#ffff99]"We were all trapped on board ship in a foreign country by the simple expedient of having had our passports taken away. Moreoever, we were paid very low wages and literally were always without money. In such circumstances any attempt to leave the ship would have been futile. Nevertheless, certain brave souls did make the attempt. More often than not they did not get beyond Customs by reason of the fact that they did not have a passport. If they succeeded in overcoming this hurdle and got as far as their particular Embassy, Hubbard would deal with the position by sending well-dressed representatives who would merely report to the Embassy that the people in question had been guilty of theft on board ship or some such thing."[/bcolor]

Anyways, the 30+ page affidavit he submitted is a gem, so he gets big points for that in my book, as he was fully aware of the Fair Game tactics of the Guardians Office, including death threats made against him personally after he left the Sea Org and refused to go back.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Like many of us, he stayed longer than he should have. But it wasn't so easy leaving in the circumstances he found himself in. As he wrote:

[bcolor=#ffff99]"We were all trapped on board ship in a foreign country by the simple expedient of having had our passports taken away. Moreoever, we were paid very low wages and literally were always without money. In such circumstances any attempt to leave the ship would have been futile. Nevertheless, certain brave souls did make the attempt. More often than not they did not get beyond Customs by reason of the fact that they did not have a passport. If they succeeded in overcoming this hurdle and got as far as their particular Embassy, Hubbard would deal with the position by sending well-dressed representatives who would merely report to the Embassy that the people in question had been guilty of theft on board ship or some such thing."[/bcolor]

Anyways, the 30+ page affidavit he submitted is a gem, so he gets big points for that in my book, as he was fully aware of the Fair Game tactics of the Guardians Office, including death threats made against him personally after he left the Sea Org and refused to go back.
I recently stumbled upon several writings about chronic\complex PTSD -
When one is subjected to moral\psychological\physical\financial abuse (for years\decades) by authoritative figures (even worse the one humanitarian man you admire) you can expect a deeply complex PTSD installment.

In such situations, one is always deprived of any sense of security since basics needs fullfillment ensuring are denied (shelter, home, food, sleep, money, isolated from family and friends ) and all ID cards, credit cards, cell phone and passeports are held but the cult, and either you are physically unable to leave(ship at sea) or posted in a foreign country.

So..what's left ?????

The Sea Org ''family''
The staff ''family''
The Apollo ship ''family''
The Tech promise
the freedom dream
the belief into gaining eternity

Why people didn't leave upon all sort of abuses they witness or are themselve subjected to is essentially that they became traumatized and victimized and were only trying to hold to the last bit of security they thought they had...But when you are stuck in such a condition you don't even know it...you are struggling with fear, lost of self-confidence and feel hopeless (since having those thoughts of ''blowing'' means you are a suppressive being a ''scumb of the earth...''

Some of us (like me) were luckily not totally deprived and isolated YET, so they could escape while they still had friends and family out of the COS to find some help to rebuild a life and security. (leaving when you don't have money anymore and nothing left , and know you will be declared is still very difficult)

Edit to add:
It's just recently that it came to my mind that the toughest issue for me when I blew and escape was that I was now fitting with the definition of an sp and thought really bad of me..weak..unable to stand pressure...unworthy of trust by the group...leaving good hard working people behind...
and ,just recently, realized it was the opposite..since it took courage to plan my escape, respect my own integrity, refuse a slave life even though I thought I was to be denied my freedom ... and knowing I would face a tough return to the wog life.
Now..I can't believe I was so fearfull of loosing what I was given at birth for FREE....and can't even explain how I have been so indoctrinated and fearfull...I can't!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Why people didn't leave upon all sort of abuses they witness or are themselve subjected to is essentially that they became traumatized and victimized and were only trying to hold to the last bit of security they thought they had...But when you are stuck in such a condition you don't even know it...you are stu k with fear, and the lost of self-confidence and fell hopeless (since having those thoughts of ''blowing'' means you are a suppressive being a ''scumb of the earth...''
I'm am really just learning this concept of trauma bonding, which I believe is what you're referring to. If anyone ever finds themselves in an unhealthy relationship but stays in it anyhow or feels stuck in it, they need to learn about trauma bonding. I kind of found this out the hard way. :D
https://pro.psychcentral.com/recovery-expert/2015/10/what-is-trauma-bonding/

That could very well have been why McMaster and some of us stayed in as long as we did, even after multiple red flags arose right in front of our nose.

Last edited: