What's new

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
This is the only thing I can say right now...

keep-calm-and-woo-hoo-93.png

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
"The evidence sufficiently establishes that Scientology is primarily in business to sell a good or service"

"Plaintiff is awarded court costs and attorney fees" !

This is HUGE

How huge? Tax exempt status comes to mind. The status of narconon comes to mind. Religious Visas as well.

Where do you see this going Arnie?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
In a 25-page ruling, Comal County Judge Dib Waldrip today rejected Scientology’s ‘anti-SLAPP’ motion which had attempted to derail the harassment lawsuit of Bulverde, Texas resident Monique Rathbun.

Great win! :happydance:

Poor OSA :duh: They will be doing all nighters, miss the birthday event, and be eating Beans & Rice for the rest of this year.

I think this might well be the key that turns on a few more light bulbs in OSA member's minds. Those light bulbs are hopefully the guiding light to the exit door and proffered affidavits elucidating the unconscionable and duplicitous behaviour within the scientology organizations. Good people just don't belong inside the 'dark church of scientology' as it exists and functions today. Get out now good people, before the COB comes to YOU and demands you perjure yourself like he has done.

Lone Star

Crusader
Well as a side note we needed some good news in Texas after Lady Gaga had someone vomit on her while performing last night at the SXSW festival in Austin. Meaning that she wanted it. :omg:

In my day Lady Gaga wouldn't have been allowed in Texas. :p

Next Day Edit: As another side note we had a tragedy at SXSW that same night when a drunken idiot in a stolen car sped away from the police and crashed through barricades running down around twenty people, killing two. More may yet die.

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some text from the ruling

The complained-of activity, which Defendant claim was in-part documentary making, reporting, and protesting at Mark Rathbun's "Office," was intended to and/or did have an effect (be it positive or negative - depending on perspective) on a specific audience of consumers - principally those interested in Scientology "technology," ...
As to his self serving statements, Allender's credibility is suspect in that he admits filing a fictitious public document with the city of Campbell, California to create a business name for "Squirrel Buster Productions."

A few points with this part of the ruling
1) The word 'consumers' is used. Read business.
2) Allender's pants have been determined to be on fire.
3) the term 'technology' has been placed in quotes. Because it's not real technology.
4) the judge notes that the effect was positive or negative - depending on perspective. That is the judges way of implying on record that Scientologists are fucking crazy without seeming biased. Well played.

No evidence indicates that either Defendants CSI of the Religious Technology Center has ever sent Mark Rathbun aa cease and desist letter or sued Mark or Monique Rathbun for infringement of intellectual property rights or any other cause of action.

Eat that OSA. All those cease and desist letters you sent in 2008. And then you stopped. You fucking morons.

The Sloth

Patron with Honors
I love this guy. Can you imagine Jefferson walking into an appeals court to counter this, when his comments from the bench as a Texas Supreme court judge are used IN SUPPORT of the opposing party in the ruling he would be seeking to appeal? :duh:

Delicious irony. Will he take the money or see the light?

:drama:

JGB

Patron
I think this might well be the key that turns on a few more light bulbs in OSA member's minds. Those light bulbs are hopefully the guiding light to the exit door and proffered affidavits elucidating the unconscionable and duplicitous behaviour within the scientology organizations. Good people just don't belong inside the 'dark church of scientology' as it exists and functions today. Get out now good people, before the COB comes to YOU and demands you perjure yourself like he has done.

I hope so too. Wife was in OSA in the early 90s. She worked more on the CCHR end of it. They worked her on so many all nighters to this day she has trouble sleeping. Then they said I had to join the sea org for us to stay married. I kept telling them I am an LSD case and I am not qualified - even though I was in the SO briefly in the 1970s. I saw how the execs were treating their staff and I wanted no part of it. This was not the Scientology I knew in the 70s when it was fun and very high ARC. They kept badgering me to see if I qualified. So I finally did a life history ( again for the 5th freaking time) and boy did they get mad. I told them before Scientology I was a DRUG DEALER and they stopped talking to me all together. Wife finally got out when she was ordered she could not take off for X-mas and see her parents.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Some text from the ruling

A few points with this part of the ruling
1) The word 'consumers' is used. Read business.
2) Allender's pants have been determined to be on fire.
3) the term 'technology' has been placed in quotes. Because it's not real technology.
4) the judge notes that the effect was positive or negative - depending on perspective. That is the judges way of implying on record that Scientologists are fucking crazy without seeming biased. Well played.

Eat that OSA. All those cease and desist letters you sent in 2008. And then you stopped. You fucking morons.

A friend of mine has told me that one of my granddaughters, whom I have never even seen a picture of or been told about by her mother (my daughter) since I am a Suppressive Person, is "very close" to John Allender. I pray justice on his ass. Oh may I not leave this life without facing that dauntless, defiant douche bag.

suspiciousperson

Patron with Honors

:dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer::dance3::buzzin::hyper::sing::woohoo::dance3::cheerleader::hifive::dancer:

made my night that has (and it was shaping up to be a bad night)

I hope that the future judgements in this case aren't going to be so damn boring. I likes me a bunch of negative findings of fact against scientology, ideally with acerbic language and sanctions against the attorneys. This was a snoozefest full of legal verbiage.

(Edit: When I started composing this post there was ONE reply. Not claiming it's a masterpiece of literature where I agonised for hours about the placing of the 8th :woohoo:, tis just I was dragged away on other things - I see now that there are a bunch of good things in it too which I missed. Which mostly invalidates my 2nd point, so I want to make a 3rd point, basically the same as above but with words of no more than three syllables please. Would be much obliged if someone can make my point for me coherently too. It is almost 3am over here after all

Edit2: :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
A friend of mine has told me that one of my granddaughters, whom I have never even seen a picture of or been told about by her mother (my daughter) since I am a Suppressive Person, is "very close" to John Allender. I pray justice on his ass. Oh may I not leave this life without facing that dauntless, defiant douche bag.

I hope so too.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

I hope so too. Also, this thread is the best hope yet for the imminent demise of the cult. Reconnection is imminent now. It is just a matter of time.