What's new

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
In a 25-page ruling, Comal County Judge Dib Waldrip today rejected Scientology’s ‘anti-SLAPP’ motion which had attempted to derail the harassment lawsuit of Bulverde, Texas resident Monique Rathbun.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/14/texas-judge-denies-scientologys-anti-slapp-motion-in-rathbun-suit/

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

This gives me ever more faith in the judge. It was a RIDICLOUS motion, but the type that could tempt a judge just to avoid having to deal with this insane mess and mountain the CoS is creating. It shows Judge Waldrip isn't afraid of the work or is intimidated by CoS bullshit nor high priced legal army.

Kick ass Mosey!!!
Good on Judge Dib Waldtrip, one of the most needed elements for a successful suit against the cult is an intelligent judge, with integrity and no tolerance for BS. I think Dib maybe our man!

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
"You have failed me for the last time OSA"

David Miscavige
CEO and drunken maggot of Scientology (allegedly*)

He is allegedly the CEO. That he is a drunken maggot is confirmed.

Two things to invest in. Scotch and popcorn.

Fuck you Davey.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
"The evidence sufficiently establishes that Scientology is primarily in business to sell a good or service"

"Plaintiff is awarded court costs and attorney fees" !

This is HUGE

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Terrific news, now to read it all! :happydance:

Instead, Judge Waldrip found that Scientology’s own affidavits and testimony showed that it had initiated its campaign against Marty Rathbun as a way of protecting its turf in a trademark dispute, and as a business dispute, the anti-SLAPP motion doesn’t apply. We have the detailed motion below.

Lone Star

Crusader
Outstanding!!

There can be no doubt that the lawyer team headed by Ray Jeffrey is THE team in the U.S. for taking on DM and the corporate shell game known collectively as Scientology. He and Cappuccio and Weigand know how to cut straight through the confusing BS that the Demon's lawyers are so good at creating and throwing around. This is a huge gaping wound in the side of DM and Co. I think the "sharks are starting to circle". LOL!!!

And Mr. Wallace Jefferson: I know you are getting a lot of money for your services in this case. I truly hope that money is satisfactory for you because on the other side of this case you will be a wounded man in Texas. The Texas judicial scene. Your once respected name will be tarnished. In part because you are working for a nasty Demon from the lowest pits of Hell, and also because you are having your ass handed to you by a little ol' lawyer with a lot of horse sense from the little ol' town of Bulverde, TX. You'd better hope that none of your former colleagues on the bench ever see the videos of the squirrel busters. Even your brother Lamont grimaced in court when the one was shown of the SBs in the boat jive assing to some rap music. LOL...... Too bad for you WJ. Your brother is tarnished as well.

Like I said.....I hope the money satisfies you. Somehow I don't think it will in the long run. The devil always comes to collect eventually ya know. :yes:

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
Judge Waldrip then turns to the church’s argument that the lawsuit violates its free speech rights, and we’ll have our experts dive into that in more detail. But a quick reading suggests that Monique has properly filed a lawsuit based on being injured, and that your freedom of speech rights end when you bodily injure another person.

I find it so amazingly absurd that the Church of Scientology tries to hide behind "freedom of speech", when it actively stifles freedom of speech anywhere it can!!!!!

Starting with Paulette Cooper - that is exactly what the Church of Scientology did. They actively set out to intentional HARM an innocent person to SHUT HER UP - because in truth, the Church of Scientology has never cared one iota for "free speech". "Free speech" is a PR slogan, it is a MOCK UP presented by Hubbard, to hide behind to make himself and itself look "good" (and to legally justify ANY sort of nasty behavior).

"Free speech" in Scientology? How many people have been tossed out and declared a suppressive person for simply saying something that disagreed with Hubbard, the Church of Scientology or Scientology management? MANY! "Free speech" is fine as long as you never say anything that contradicts the strict party-line. But then, that is not actually "free speech", is it? :duh:

And, to make matters worse, how many people have been actively harassed, lied about, slandered, had PIs sent after them, or sued by the Church of Scientology just to try to SHUT THEM UP? :omg:

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
One of my favorite parts was when the Judge said that they had argued and asserted that Marty was doing business, and therefore, so was the cult. They confessed to being a business! And will be treated accordingly, it seems. As of now, they are. SLAPP denied on that basis.

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
"The evidence sufficiently establishes that Scientology is primarily in business to sell a good or service"

"Plaintiff is awarded court costs and attorney fees" !

This is HUGE

I hope the significance of this is not lost on the IRS ( the grand arbiter of religious status in the United States of Corporate America)!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I hope someone can explain all the technicalities of the law. It seems to me that this one document covers SO much with huge consequences.

For example:

Accordingly, the evidence sufficiently establishes Scientology is primarily in business to sell a good or service - be it religious or otherwise.

It also finds that Monique was certainly subjected to exactly what she claimed. There is so much evidence, why a further trial? I do not understand the US system.