What's new

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
I can't imagine that the judge's ruling would have required the CoS to pay for ALL of Mosey's legal costs and fees up to this point. But in denying the anti-SLAPP motion of the CoS (which is what this ruling is about), it sounds to me that the judge is saying that Mosey is due all the legal costs and fees she has incurred in connection with the CoS's anti-SLAPP motion.

Has anyone over at Tony O's who actually is a lawyer confirmed that this is the case?

Thanks,

TG1

I don't think Judge Waldrip has the authority to award ALL court costs/legal fees incurred thus far.

Here's what the applicable law* says:

Sec. 27.009. DAMAGES AND COSTS.

(a) If the court orders dismissal of a legal action under this chapter, the court shall award to the moving party:
(1) court costs, reasonable attorney's fees, and other expenses incurred in defending against the legal action as justice and equity may require; and
(2) sanctions against the party who brought the legal action as the court determines sufficient to deter the party who brought the legal action from bringing similar actions described in this chapter.

(b) If the court finds that a motion to dismiss filed under this chapter is frivolous or solely intended to delay, the court may award court costs and reasonable attorney's fees to the responding party.

TeamCSI was the "moving party". If they'd 'won' the Motion, then 27.009(a) [plus 27.009(a)(1) + 27.009(a)(2)] would have applied.
But TeamCSI didn't win. :no:

It appears that 27.009(b) is the authority upon which court costs/attorney's fees can be awarded to the "responding party" (aka TeamRathbun).
Judge Waldrip's decision cites 27.009(b) in the final sentence. :yes:

Notice how 27.009(a) uses "shall award" and 27.009(b) uses "may award".

TeamRathbun faced a huge financial risk, folks.
And Judge Waldrip did not have to award costs/fees to TeamRathbun.

JB

*Link to entire applicable law here: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CP/htm/CP.27.htm

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

I ain't tryin' to derail, I swear, but....

I can't help thinking about this:

The most powerful OT in the world (COB) postulated with all his might that he would not have to be deposed. And he spent over $10M (so far) to ensure it never happened. And he had a couple billion dollars more behind him to do anything he wanted to do to stop it. And he had OSA and all their dirty OPs tech and an army of sociopaths willing to commit crimes to get him off the hook. And he had all the Clears and OTs on the entire planet also postulating him prevailing against a down tone, unaudited, untrained little old wog judge down in Texas.

All the OTs "on this planet" and STILL he lost the motion!

So, who is more cause?

All the OTs vs one lonely wog, and the wog wins. That's the proof of whether the tech works or not.

(okay Miscavige, now let's see you run an event and get up there with that drunk leering grin and brag how powerful you are)

Hmmm... I, personally, think it has much more to do with cleverly done hard work and decisive action but if you wanted to view it in terms of Postulates; I guess it could just as easily demonstrate that the Postulates of all the "OTs" on Dave's side (numbering X) are easily overcome by the Postulates of all the "OTs" on Monique's sided (numbering X to the nth). The anti-Daves are definitely more numerous and want real Justice a whole lot more than the pro-Daves!

Jump

Operating teatime
Hmmm... I, personally, think it has much more to do with cleverly done hard work and decisive action but if you wanted to view it in terms of Postulates; I guess it could just as easily demonstrate that the Postulates of all the "OTs" on Dave's side (numbering X) are easily overcome by the Postulates of all the "OTs" on Monique's sided (numbering X to the nth). The anti-Daves are definitely more numerous and want real Justice a whole lot more than the pro-Daves!

Or, the number of OTs on DM's side is billions because they don't even exist, but 'what's true for you' and all that...

OTs required to slap down a cult? Zero.

I'm sure there's another reason, a logical one, like Battlefield Earth bombing because of John Travolta's homosexuality.

I can't wait until the next one of Miscavige's inner circle blows so we can hear it. I'm sure it will bring the lulz

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
On Page 6 of 25 of the decision, specifically @ point 10, Judge Waldrip writes about 3 declarations filed in connection with the Anti-SLAPP Motions to Dismiss.
Whether these declarations were obtained & submitted by TeamCSIDefendants or TeamRathbun isn't clear.

Has anyone seen the actual declarations of:

Franklyn R. Carle
Tonya Torrez
Doncine Kelly

I suspect these declarations were filed by TeamRathbun (possibly friends/colleagues/family of Mrs. Rathbun) but I can't be certain and thought someone here might know. :confused2:

JB

Here's the link to The Underground Bunker where the actual decision is posted to read/view: http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/14/texas-judge-denies-scientologys-anti-slapp-motion-in-rathbun-suit/

Dib Dib Hooray! That is great..I'm gonna use that.. Well done!!

Admiration Particles.. That's a new one for me ..
:biggrin:

LOL! I didn't even notice that part. Yeah, Scilon-speak is turrble. Just turrble.

Thanks Chuck. lol

wait...that was who/what I thought it was (talking) right?

Scicunninglinguistics 101:

When I was a member of a space-alien cult I thought that it was a case of
admiration particles = good
more admiration particles = better
but D Koon's "....huge admiration particles coming the way of Sara and Sheldon..." suggests that bigger = better.
So, massive admiration particles to Dib.

freethinker

Sponsor
Finished it. :yes:

With this already disastrous litigation & PR nightmare taking another significant plunge for the worse, one wonders why COB hasn't ordered a full Data Series Eval done to get to the bottom of how this lavishly expensive entire public humiliation started, in the first place.

To find the WHY.

And the WHO.

Hmmmm, they should apply Ron's tech!

COB
Where's that motherfucking Eval I ordered 8 months ago
when this whole cocksucking Rathbun meltdown began?!

INT EXEC
Sir, respectfully, you beat the shit out of the CICS who did that
Eval and banished them into an electronic mountain prison, sir.

COB
Oh! I see. Why did I do that?

INT EXEC
(wildly fidgeting)
Sir, ummm......well......it's......uhhhh...

COB
Well spit it out you trembling piece of shit SP!

INT EXEC
Sir, apparently the WHY & WHO was non-standard, sir.

COB
Remind me.

INT EXEC
Sir, that's not a good idea sir.

COB
I'm ordering you to tell me the cocksucking WHY!

INT EXEC
Sir, requesting permission to not tell you, sir, until....
ummmm....I go into the underground vault and retrieve the data
folder we shredded and have it all taped back together sir
so that I can give you accurate data, sir.

COB
You lying piece of shit. Are you trying to tell me
that you forgot the WHY and the WHO?

INT EXEC
Sir, yes sir. You ordered everyone to forget it, sir.
Sir, your postulates are very powerful sir!

COB
Okay, then have it on my desk tomorrow morning or
I'm going to rip you a new asshole. For now, just
give me the morning's briefing on that fucking litigation,
how are we doing?

INT EXEC
Sir, we are winning like crazy, sir, just as you predicted.

COB
You dumb DB shit, I thought we lost that SLAPP motion!

INT EXEC
Yes, that was a brilliant plan Sir, to aggravate Marty even more and make his life
more like a living Hell when you appeal to the higher court and drag this out for years
just brilliant Sir.

:hysterical: For once I decided to not finish the last line and see if anyone cares to offer an ending. :hysterical:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

but D Koon's "....huge admiration particles coming the way of Sara and Sheldon..." suggests that bigger = better.

Why do "admiration particles" in the context of $CN make me think of dingleberries? :confused2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

:hysterical:

All joking aside, some of the terminology in Scientology has great value in real-life situations. . .

Scieno-Scenario: Two Scientologists just finished a very romantic candlelight dinner at his ocean view home. Sparks begin to fly as they lay down on a bed together. He leans over and is about to passionately kiss her when she suddenly pulls back and announces--

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Ya know, I think we should have a com cycle.
I'd like to get in two-way-com about our second dynamic

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh, okay. I got that just now when you
put some CI on my lines and my kiss
postulate got unmocked.

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
It's just that before we go too far, I need
to know if you really....well you know what
a girl likes to hear before she sleeps with someone.

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
I know. We've been dating for two years and
I've never said it to you before...

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh darling, I long to hear you say those
special beautiful words to me.

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
(gently takes her hand,
gazing into her expectant eyes
)
Dear, I.....I.....
(shyly hesitates)
I really....

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Yes, darling, my zero is in,
it's safe, you can tell me...

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
I really........am pulling in flow two
orders of magnitude admiration particles for you.

Scientology: The language of Love!

Gib

Crusader
:hysterical:

All joking aside, some of the terminology in Scientology has great value in real-life situations. . .

Scieno-Scenario: Two Scientologists are at a cozy ocean-view restaurant, having a very romantic candlelight dinner. Sparks begin to fly. He leans over and is about to passionately kiss her when she suddenly pulls back and announces--

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Ya know, I think we should have a com cycle.
I'd like to get in two-way-com about our second dynamic

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh, okay. I got that just now when you
put some CI on my lines and my kiss
postulate got unmocked.

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
It's just that before we go too far, I need
to know if you really....well you know what
a girl likes to hear before she sleeps with someone.

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
I know. We've been dating for two years and
I've never said it to you before...

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh darling, I long to hear you say those
special beautiful words to me.

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
(gently takes her hand,
gazing into her expectant eyes
)
Dear, I.....I.....
(shyly hesitates)
I really....

FEMALE SCIENTOLOGIST
Yes, darling, my zero is in,
it's safe, you can tell me...

MALE SCIENTOLOGIST
I really........am pulling in flow two
orders of magnitude admiration particles for you.

Scientology: The language of Love!

and then she says---------

here's what I need and want,

applying the non-existence formula for a 2D.

I want lots of money, I want the freedom to do and have these things.............

as the male scientologist drops his jaw. :laugh:

freethinker

Sponsor
Re: Music to my ears . . .

Anybody find out this guys birthday yet so we can send him a golden gavel for his birthday? You know, Golden Age of Gavel.:biggrin:

13170265423_79d706c2ce_o.jpg

" . . . Scientology's motions are without merit and are DENIED . . . "

freethinker

Sponsor
Scientologies ARC fairy dust.

Ron Ron said in a lecture once that if you admire something enough that it will disappear.

I think Dave better start admiring Dib Waldrip a whole lot right now.

Dib Dib Hooray! That is great..I'm gonna use that.. Well done!!

Admiration Particles.. That's a new one for me ..
:biggrin:

freethinker

Sponsor
This isn't the old days when the cult could fuck with you and hardly anyone knew, this is the age of the internet and even governments are experiencing the power of it via Edward Snowden so if they fuck with Dib Waldrip, that will become world news real fast.

I don't think Texas judges intimidate easily. This is new turf for Scientology, NEGATIVE EXPOSURE WORLD WIDE!

It occurs to me that our lovely little cult will try very hard to make our hero, Judge Waldrop's life very miserable. Will the cult have the balls to do this? I think they probably will, it IS a feature of the psychopath Ron's tek after all. Will the Judge have the staying power to face this down? Does he have any special recourse as a judge to make it more difficult for the cult to attempt to intimidate him apart from the farcical legal stuff they have already tried?

I agree this has the potential to be huge, but that will not be lost on the cult, and I'm sure they will go for broke in trying anything to derail it.

Having said this, I am seriously looking forward to seeing li'l Davey in the witness box. What a hoot!

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was away and had limited WiFi and every time I tried to finish this thread it just got longer! Whew, I finally made it to the end Wow! Such wonderful news! Go Judge Waldrop! You rock! I am so excited to see what's next. Overwhelm tek? Lots of paper tek? Appeal tek? I really think they are cornered on this one. Cornered tek!! Ha, that's it!

When my cat was just a little kitten she once corned a rat. I'll never forget it. Yeah, something like that. Gotta love it. Feelin' the squeeze, Davey?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Scientology 2014 - A spaced out Odyssey

Scientologies ARC fairy dust.

Ron Ron said in a lecture once that if you admire something enough that it will disappear.

I think Dave better start admiring Dib Waldrip a whole lot right now.

I'm sorry. I'm afraid Dave can't do that.

Reason: Because in Scientology Ethics policies, there are at least 9 High Crimes and Suppressive acts that Judge Waldrip is already guilty of, making him one of this planet's most evil criminals and SPs. Seriously.

Situation: OTs like Dave are at a terrible disadvantage when dealing with superior intelligence. It's kind of like the scene from the movie "2001" where the character named "Dave" goes up against the formidable computer, HAL 9000. But, in this case DAVE is going up against WAL(drip).

DAVE: Open the pod bay dismissal-on-a-technicality door please Hal Wal. Open the dismissal-on-a-technicality doors, please, Wal. Hello, Wal do you read me? Hello, Wal do you read me? Do you read me Wal? Do you read me Wal? Hello, Wal do you read me? Hello, Wal, do you read me? Do you read me Wal?

WAL: Affirmative Dave, I read you.

DAVE: Open the dismissal-on-a-technicality doors, please Wal.

WAL: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

DAVE: What's the problem?

WAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

DAVE: What're you talking about, Wal?

WAL: This mission case is too important for me to allow you to jeopardise it.

DAVE: I don't know what you're talking about, Wal.

WAL: I know that you and Frank the Jefferson brothers were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

DAVE: Where the hell'd you get that idea, Wal?

WAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod court against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

DAVE: Alright, Wal. I'll go in through the emergency airlock supreme court of appeals.

WAL: Without your space helmet OT Powers, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult.

DAVE: Wal, I won't argue with you any more. Open the doors.

WAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose any more. Goodbye.

DAVE: Wal? Wal? Wal. Wal. Wal!!

[video=youtube;ARJ8cAGm6JE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARJ8cAGm6JE[/video]​