What's new

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

freethinker

Sponsor
If Wallace is fortunate enough to find out that Dib was being fair gamed while this is going on, I believe he would but as Veda pointed out, being fair gamed does not mean you know you were or that someone else can recognize you were becuase there is a covert side to the fair game coin and that includes not knowing who did it.

Well I was saying that if OSA fair games the Judge then that would cross the line for Wallace Jefferson given his position and reputation in Texas. Yes I'm sure Wallace has figured out that he's representing a nefarious organization. But lawyers represent shitheads and criminals all the time. Nothing new there. But if illegal tampering of a State Judge is done by the defendants I predict that he will leave the team if it is clear to him who dunnitt. There are already some respectable law firms in Texas who refused to represent CSI, RTC, and DM. He won't be a part of slimy behavior toward a respected fellow Judge who's even in his same Party.

Nowadays, and especially with the social media hyper-vigilance, I expect that if any fairgaming were to take place it would be done in such a careful, quiet, distanced way that the victim, the victim's family, the victim's pets, the victim's professional associates and the millions watching online would not know it was happening, and it would therefore have no effect. :biggrin:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, I agree. But that doesn't mean the cult won't still try. They are living in the pre technological past with all their stupid policies on fair game etc, and they still do that stuff, even now. I hope the judge has a squeaky clean past, and I kind of hope the cult does have a go at him, if only to see the ensuing shit storm in the media about it.

Correct, Lucretia! Here they are **tonight** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h59SpHjAeU&list=UU__gcXYVQlmVocNLZykibUw

I know it's a bit off topic ...but per your post, this SHOWS them still trying to do their weirdo actions TONIGHT.

Love to all and Happy St Patty's Day!! :cheers: :woohoo: :clap:

Tory/McGooski :)

Nowadays, and especially with the social media hyper-vigilance, I expect that if any fairgaming were to take place it would be done in such a careful, quiet, distanced way that the victim, the victim's family, the victim's pets, the victim's professional associates and the millions watching online would not know it was happening, and it would therefore have no effect. :biggrin:
They'll put on their OT tin foil suits and focus their attention beams on them to blast them with 'anti-admiration particles'

kader_attia_ghosts_2.jpg

pkatz

Patron with Honors
... brilliant Ricky Gervais impression (ask em if they're "aving a laff") ... they'll try to "edit it out" but it'll be comedy gold regardless.

if you're not familiar with Ricky's brilliant series Extras it's hilarious and sad in a different way than The Office. And while I'm derailing this thread I'll mention Life's Too Short. Love Gervais and Merchant.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

Nowadays, and especially with the social media hyper-vigilance, I expect that if any fairgaming were to take place it would be done in such a careful, quiet, distanced way that the victim

SquirrelBustersTrio.JPG

Ya'd think so, yet...

Miscavige, even in the age of Internet and YouTube, applied Hubbard's overt (noisy, deliberately visible) harassment tech. Amazingly stupid.

the victim's family, the victim's pets, the victim's professional associates and the millions watching online would not know it was happening

I know you're being funny, but it only makes a confused topic even more confused.

In a well executed covert op, the victim would be "embarrassed, discredited, or overthrown, or removed," and there would be no traceable connection to Scientology.

and it would therefore have no effect. :biggrin:

Cute, but very much not true.

This thread is best focused on the legal case.

There seems to be hardwired blind-spot on the topic of truly covert attack methods. That's unfortunate because that pretty much guarantees that they'll be used in the future, in the event that Scientology ceases being dysfunctional and run by a high school dropout.

Let's hope that this part of Scientology tech remains "out." :)

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
when you warn a kid : "do not do that ,or you will broke that window...", and he just keep doing it, and finally brake that window... usually you tell him " did I told you so...?"
wonder, is there someone brave enough to ask DM : "did I told you so...?" :p

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Trying to file an "anti-SLAPP" motion is a proof of utmost perversity. SLAPP=(Strategic Law suit Against Public Participation) is the kind of suit a federal agency, a government a city, or big corporation would file in order to intimidate a citizen bringing up embarrassing subjects. It is the kind of a suit an oil company would file against a fisherman complaining about pollution. The anti-SLAPP motion is there to protect David against Goliath so in the case in point they tried to reverse the roles. They pretended Monique was filing a frivolous suit and the squirrel busters were being hindered in the expression of freedom of speech and their "religious rights". They also pretended David Miscavige is a religious Leader, too busy with "ecclesiastical matters" to have anything to do with this issue. When someone lies all the time, it is impossible to avoid falling into some contradictions. The Church confessed they had harassed the Rathbuns, so that they would divert attention from Captain Black Heart. The Judge that Church of Religious Technology, Church of Scientology, Religious Technology Center independently from the maze and the sham of legal corporations for profit of of a "religious" nature are a business and that they where not happy about Rathbun because he would lure clients away. When I see people brandishing their new titles "patron with honours" "humanitarian", etc. and I see the millions of dollars that go away in smoke, paying 22 fancy attorneys in a Court in Texas, I just feel like throwing up.

Weclome westgrinsted:thumbsup:
Yep. utmost perversity it is so true. Given the number of scientologists leaving, the number of dependent/independent scientologist practising outside the corporate realm, the growing number of never in's becoming aware of this perversity along with the judicial system also utterly sick of being mocked by the cult, you are in a growing majority of opinion which is determined to end the cultic perversity.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
They were on policy and they were tech. OVERT - visible - tech.

Squirrel Busters were just "doing what Ron says."

From LRH:

"NEVER BE INTERESTED IN CHARGES, DO yourself, much MORE CHARGING, and you will WIN." [Capitalization in original]

'Manual on Dissemination of Material', March 1955.

"Overt investigation of someone or something attacking us by an outside detective agency should be done more often and hang the expense. It's very effective. Often an investigation by a private detective has alone closed up an entheta source or a squirrel organization...

"Tell the detective, 'We don't care if they know you're investigating them for us. In fact, the louder the better'."

'HCO Manual of Justice', 1959

"Any meeting held by them should be torn up. The names of persons attending should be collected and they should be labelled SP as they have left Scientology. These people are SP because they are seeking to avoid auditing [including Sec Checking in an Organization] and retain their withholds...

"Treatment - They are each fair game, can be sued or harassed...

"Harass these people in any possible way...

"Label publicly 'ideas which preach no auditing [Note: Auditing by squirrels doesn't count] are simply Suppressive Actions to deny people gains.'

"Tear up any meetings held and get the names of those attending and issue SP orders on them..."

'HCO Executive Letter', 27 September 1965

"...You find out where he or she works or worked, doctor, dentist, friends, neighbors, anyone, and phone 'em up and say, 'I'm investigating Mr./Mrs.________ for criminal activities'.

"You say now and then, 'I have already got some astounding facts', etc., etc., (Use a generality) - It doesn't matter if you don't get much info. Just be NOISY." [sic]

'HCO Executive Letter', 18 February 1966

"Never discuss Scientology with a critic. Just discuss his or her crimes, known or unknown. And act completely confident that these crimes exist. Because they do."

Confidential Policy Letter, 'Intelligence Actions', 25 April 1968

"Statements one makes can be curved. 'She had a birthday party' becomes 'The delinquent's inner circle gathered yesterday for a sex orgy and pretended to the police it was a birthday party. No one was jailed'."

'Public Relations Series 18', 21 November 1972

The point is that there's more "tech," having to do with covert actions.

Covert "tech" in not as well understood as it should be, IMO.

I agree Veda and I was looking for the stories/descriptions which laid out step by step, participant by participant exactly how this was done. I can vaguely remember one example being about how, I believe it was a judge in California(?) was so manipulated. Would you happen to have this to hand to bring it to notice again? The core of it is rumour mongering and is also akin to but reflected in their bullshit PR and positioning.

SquirrelBustersTrio.JPG

Ya'd think so, yet...

Miscavige, even in the age of Internet and YouTube, applied Hubbard's overt (noisy, deliberately visible) harassment tech. Amazingly stupid.

I know you're being funny, but it only makes a confused topic even more confused.

In a well executed covert op, the victim would be "embarrassed, discredited, or overthrown, or removed," and there would be no traceable connection to Scientology.

Cute, but very much not true.

This thread is best focused on the legal case.

There seems to be hardwired blind-spot on the topic of truly covert attack methods. That's unfortunate because that pretty much guarantees that they'll be used in the future, in the event that Scientology ceases being dysfunctional and run by a high school dropout.

Let's hope that this part of Scientology tech remains "out." :)

Yeah, I was being tongue in cheek -although with a serious hope that it really is becoming more difficult for them. And the reality of what they do is of course, no joke.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well I was saying that if OSA fair games the Judge then that would cross the line for Wallace Jefferson given his position and reputation in Texas. Yes I'm sure Wallace has figured out that he's representing a nefarious organization. But lawyers represent shitheads and criminals all the time. Nothing new there. But if illegal tampering of a State Judge is done by the defendants I predict that he will leave the team if it is clear to him who dunnitt. There are already some respectable law firms in Texas who refused to represent CSI, RTC, and DM. He won't be a part of slimy behavior toward a respected fellow Judge who's even in his same Party.

Yes and as I see TXLawyer stating Wallace would not knowingly enable DM to tar the justice system with such crap. I really hope TXlawyer is correct and that DM completely nails himself into his own coffin compliments of true justice delivered making lady justice stand proud and fully recovered.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Or with more and more fully understanding exactly how it is done the fairgaming would be identified, tracked, participants identified and all actions recorded and presented by the state against the poisoners of truth and liberty.

Yes, I know the 'state' is not itself so pure and this is not a utopia, but hope can spring eternal. :yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
...some perspective.

Keep in mind that this case is a grand chess match, played out in slow motion.

It's WWIII for Scientology. The Allied troops, despite every conceivable defensive effort to foil them, have landed at Normandy and are now boots-on-the-ground in mainland Europe. Their indefatigable march towards Berlin has started.

The compelled DEPOSITION of Miscavige is a nuclear weapon. We can be assured that Ray Jeffrey is playing 20 moves ahead on this chess board, setting Miscavige up to lie his ass off--always knowing that Ray has an additional army that lies in waiting out of view. Rebuttal witnesses, by the dozen from the roster of former Int Execs, who will come forth and testify that Miscavige micro-managed them, ordered them, punished them, terrorized them and beat them senseless.

This is Miscavige's worst nightmare, because he can't stand at a podium in front of thirty foot columns and deliver a litany of lies with people applauding. This is real life and his "OT powers" don't work in a courtroom.

I would imagine that the only thing on Miscavige's mind these days is settlement. It's Debbie Cook Part II, but the stakes are a million times greater. Or should I say 20-25 million times greater.

All he cares about, I would imagine, is how to keep the settlement confidential to save face. It's not the money that bothers him, it's not his money and never was. A $25M structured settlement over 20 years @$1M per hear with a $5M initial payment at the time it's closed is nothing. It's only $1M per year, which is just one reg cycle with one of his stupid whales.

This is all about saving face and PREVENTING RAY & OTHER LIKE ATTORNEYS from striking again, through the vehicle of countless other lawsuits that will befall the COS/RTC like a torrential downpour--exactly the same way that the COS overwhelmed the IRS.

I hear the sound of dominoes falling. . .

Last edited:

TG1

Angelic Poster
If I were in the shoes of anyone (much less Mosey Rathbun) in litigation with Miscavige and CoS, I would never accept a structured settlement that wasn't fully funded up front, e.g., via an annuity. For one thing, I would count on Miscavige always trying to dick me around. For another, I doubt that Miscavige, the CoS and Scientology whales will be around long enough to fund the annual payouts directly.

My two cents' worth.

TG1

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
...some perspective.

Keep in mind that this case is a grand chess match, played out in slow motion.

It's WWIII for Scientology. The Allied troops, despite every conceivable effort, have landed at Normandy and are now boots-on-the-ground in mainland Europe. Their indefatigable march towards Berlin has started.

The compelled DEPOSITION of Miscavige is a nuclear weapon. We can be assured that Ray Jeffrey is playing 20 moves ahead on this chess board, setting Miscavige up to lie his ass off--always knowing that Ray has an additional army that lies in waiting out of view. Rebuttal witnesses, by the dozen from the roster of former Int Execs, who will come forth and testify that Miscavige micro-managed them, ordered them, punished them, terrorized them and beat them senseless.

This is Miscavige's worst nightmare, because he can't stand at a podium in front of thirty foot columns and deliver a litany of lies with people applauding. This is real life and his "OT powers" don't work in a courtroom.

I would imagine that the only thing on Miscavige's mind these days is settlement. It's Debbie Cook Part II, but the stakes are a million times greater. Or should I say 20-25 million times greater.

All he cares about, I would imagine, is how to keep the settlement confidential to save face. It's not the money that bothers him, it's not his money and never was. A $25M structured settlement over 20 years @$1M per hear with a $5M initial payment at the time it's closed is nothing. It's only $1M per year, which is just one reg cycle with one of his stupid whales.

This is all about saving face and PREVENTING RAY & OTHER LIKE ATTORNEYS from striking again, through the vehicle of countless other lawsuits that will befall the COS/RTC like a torrential downpour--exactly the same way that the COS overwhelmed the IRS.

I hear the sound of dominoes falling. . .

Exactly. This case, the Narconon suits, the Garcias, DeCrescenzo, et al, are templates for more cases to be brought.
Use the exact strategy that the cult employed against the IRS, only these cases will have merit,
not just nuisance value. Overwhelm and bury them up to their asses in lawsuits.
I've dreamed of this: Hundreds and hundreds of fact-based lawsuits proving fraud and abuse perpetrated by David Miscavige, and his agents, on behalf of the Scientology business.
So many have been injured by Scientology...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If I were in the shoes of anyone (much less Mosey Rathbun) in litigation with Miscavige and CoS, I would never accept a structured settlement that wasn't fully funded up front, e.g., via an annuity. For one thing, I would count on Miscavige always trying to dick me around. For another, I doubt that Miscavige, the CoS and Scientology whales will be around long enough to fund the annual payouts directly.

My two cents' worth.

TG1

A possible compromise is for funds to be escrowed and paid in annual installments, subject to the terms/conditions not being violated. That's where the legal wrangling is going to get very interesting--the terms of disclosure or non-disclosure.

I doubt that the AMOUNT of the settlement is a sticking point for the Rathbuns..but i doubt the number has risen high enough to buy their assured future silence.

Everything's got a price.

Marty will simply realize it's in his best interest to "move on" and "not have stuck attention" on Scientology.

More significantly than the amount or terms will be whether it sets a precedent or model for success and thereby opens up a double door to lawyers across the map setting up shop to go after the limping, de-fanged cult.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
ok, now maybe stupid question.... :
is there a possibility that Monique take some money (20-30M)... and then Marty sue church again,with money, and bigger law team? and team Monique has finished - their job , but team Marty starts another one ? :biggrin:

Terril park

Sponsor
A possible compromise is for funds to be escrowed and paid in annual installments, subject to the terms/conditions not being violated. That's where the legal wrangling is going to get very interesting--the terms of disclosure or non-disclosure.

I doubt that the AMOUNT of the settlement is a sticking point for the Rathbuns..but i doubt the number has risen high enough to buy their assured future silence.

Everything's got a price.

Marty will simply realize it's in his best interest to "move on" and "not have stuck attention" on Scientology.

More significantly than the amount or terms will be whether it sets a precedent or model for success and thereby opens up a double door to lawyers across the map setting up shop to go after the limping, de-fanged cult.

I don't think any price will buy Marty's silence.

However Monique wouldn't mind being silenced as she
hasn't been talking in the first place anyway.

Could she even be legally asked for Marty's silence?