What's new

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
... brilliant Ricky Gervais impression (ask em if they're "aving a laff") ... they'll try to "edit it out" but it'll be comedy gold regardless.

if you're not familiar with Ricky's brilliant series Extras it's hilarious and sad in a different way than The Office. And while I'm derailing this thread I'll mention Life's Too Short. Love Gervais and Merchant.

Me too! Just about done with An Idiot Abroad season 3.. Always good,for a laugh with the hubby.. In face it's been what was on while I was posting over the weekend :)

Lone Star

Crusader
Here's my dream scenario of a settlement. No! Let's call it an Ideal Settlement. LOL.....

1. No gag order.....period

2. A public apology by Slappy

3. 100 million dollars plus court costs and attorney's fees

4. 5 million out of the above plus court costs and attorney's fees paid directly to Mosey.

5. The remaining 95 million put into a Trust which will be shared among former members desiring refunds for past services going back to 1981. A court will oversee the processing of the refunds.

6. Oh, and Slappy has to resign his position as COB and cannot take another Executive position within any of the shell corporations making up the Evil Scilon Empire. In other words he has to cease being Darth Slappy.

koki

Here's my dream scenario of a settlement. No! Let's call it an Ideal Settlement. LOL.....

4. 5 million out of the above plus court costs and attorney's fees paid directly to Mosey.

5. The remaining 95 million put into a Trust which will be shared among former members desiring refunds for past services going back to 1981. A court will oversee the processing of the refunds.

6. Oh, and Slappy has to resign his position as COB and cannot take another Executive position within any of the shell corporations making up the Evil Scilon Empire. In other words he has to cease being Darth Slappy.

this is nice , but what about other 2billion.....?:nervous:

Lone Star

Crusader
this is nice , but what about other 2billion.....?:nervous:

Yeah since it's an Ideal Settlement I think my numbers were too low.

So change it to everything the CoS has got, including the value of all properties worldwide, or in this sector. LOL...... Mosey gets up to 50 million if she desires. The rest is divided to all who submit claims for refunds.

Might as well go for it if it's a Dream Settlement! :yes:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

How about an amendment to number 5 above to include the hard working, duped Sea Org members who deserve more than their $11.00 weekly paycheck for 24/7/365 work for years and years, only to be booted out with a 150K bill?

Lone Star

Crusader
How about an amendment to number 5 above to include the hard working, duped Sea Org members who deserve more than their $11.00 weekly paycheck for 24/7/365 work for years and years, only to be booted out with a 150K bill?

Yes that was definitely an oversight on my part. SO members should get first dibs before everyone else in fact.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Yes that was definitely an oversight on my part. SO members should get first dibs before everyone else in fact.

We cant be too nice. We were the jerks who pushed Scn onto the namby-pambys. But we wasted our lives. Just trying to give a little credit.... :wink2:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Do we actually want a settlement? Don't we want the whole cesspit of lies, enslavement and corruption to come out, so everyone knows, even the poor ignorant schmuck wandering down the street straight into the arms of a body snatcher (router)?

I want every one to know, and I want Li'l Davey in goal, and I want the Hubturd exposed for the mad con man he was and I want the whole fucking church disbanded. That's my ideal outcome, and then I want damages awarded, not a settlement.

Edit: And I want those titanium discs buried in the desert shredded, so nobody can accidentally dig them up centuries from now and start the whole thing off again.

secretiveoldfag

Do we actually want a settlement? Don't we want the whole cesspit of lies, enslavement and corruption to come out, so everyone knows, even the poor ignorant schmuck wandering down the street straight into the arms of a body snatcher (router)?

I want every one to know, and I want Li'l Davey in goal, and I want the Hubturd exposed for the mad con man he was and I want the whole fucking church disbanded. That's my ideal outcome, and then I want damages awarded, not a settlement.

Edit: And I want those titanium discs buried in the desert shredded, so nobody can accidentally dig them up centuries from now and start the whole thing off again.

QFMFT!

I believe it is only a matter of time before this happens. We are not doing too badly as it is... :biggrin:

Lamb

Patron with Honors
My ideal scene:
They pay off Mosey, are found guilty in another trial of all of their numerous and unspeakable crimes, everything is confiscated, all monies are refunded and the rest is divided up by all past and present sea ogres that understand it was all a con. The true believers after all is said and done for public purview get nothing.:yes:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
It would be great for this trial and Lauras to make it to a jury trial.

There is not enough popcorn in the world.....

for that.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
If Wallace is fortunate enough to find out that Dib was being fair gamed while this is going on, I believe he would but as Veda pointed out, being fair gamed does not mean you know you were or that someone else can recognize you were becuase there is a covert side to the fair game coin and that includes not knowing who did it.

The essence of such operations is to not have anything obviously pointing back to Scn. It just happened that police found a young girl overdosed on heroin in your bed. Your house just happened to catch on fire due to a rat-gnawed electrical wire shorting out. Etc.

Wants2Talk

Trial please, Lord! May the eminent Esquire Sugar Ray have the steam for the distance. The Universe will reward them far beyond any blood-money reward. This may be in books, movie rights, speaking engagements. Don't deal with the Devil - please, please, please! How long has it taken to get this harpoon in position? When will the chess pieces be in such a position again? End game!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
ok, now maybe stupid question.... :
is there a possibility that Monique take some money (20-30M)... and then Marty sue church again,with money, and bigger law team? and team Monique has finished - their job , but team Marty starts another one ? :biggrin:

Exactly. That's typically what the COS (crimewave of scientology) demands as a deal breaker. It's something like KSW. . .

...knowing the tech (fair game & keeping scientologists donating)

...applying the tech correctly (black ops, felonies & terrorism)

...closing the door on successful attorneys from ever representing plaintiffs vs. the cos again.

....hammering out of existence successful whistleblowers and eyewitnesses and who have prevailed vs. the cos from ever participating in litigation vs the cos again.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I don't think any price will buy Marty's silence.

However Monique wouldn't mind being silenced as she
hasn't been talking in the first place anyway.

Could she even be legally asked for Marty's silence?

Haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, so someone may have already answered this.

What the COS will demand is a global settlement where Marty becomes a party to the settlement agreement.

Anything the parties can agree upon can be included in the finalized contract.

Example: Two neighbors in a lawsuit. One has a vicious pit bull that barks incessantly and sometimes jumps the fence and poses a grave threat to the health and safety of the plaintiff. The settlement agreement would require that the defendant's dog be muzzled and bolted down with a heavy-duty, short chain. The dog wasn't a party to the litigation but the plaintiff can require than the dog puts their paw print on the contract. LOL. Hi Marty, WOOF WOOF!

HelluvaHoax!

Scieno-Scenario: After the settlement agreement is executed, COB receives a phone call from his #1 whale, billionaire Bob Duggan.

BOB DUGGAN
So, Dave, how much did you agree to pay Rathbun?

COB
Bob, I'd love to tell you but unfortunately the terms
of the settlement are confidential. Let me just say
that I am very comfortable with the amount.

BOB DUGGAN
Yeah, you're comfortable because it was my money
and the hard earned money of other Scientologists
who are now in debt.

COB
I don't like your tone.

BOB DUGGAN
Let's cut to the chase. If you don't tell me how much
you paid, I'm calling a press conference and announcing
that I no longer a member the Church of Scientology. And
I'm going to blow the whistle on all your shit.

COB
Bob, there is obviously some by-passed-charge. I am going
to order that a full Folder Error Summary be done on your
pc folders--and I'm going to make sure that they find everything
that was missed. You duplicate where this is going?

BOB DUGGAN
Don't threaten me. I don't care if you publish my session
secrets. And if you do that I am going to personally finance
a multi-media campaign that parks a van playing the video
of my press conference in front of every goddamed org and
mission in the world--24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the
next ten years. And I'm going to take out full page ads in
all the major newspapers in the world exposing you. You
wanna play, let's play! I asked you how much you paid Rathbun.

COB
(nervously laughs)
I've got to admit, your TR-3 is is really great!

Terril park

Sponsor
Haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, so someone may have already answered this.

What the COS will demand is a global settlement where Marty becomes a party to the settlement agreement.

Anything the parties can agree upon can be included in the finalized contract.

Example: Two neighbors in a lawsuit. One has a vicious pit bull that barks incessantly and sometimes jumps the fence and poses a grave threat to the health and safety of the plaintiff. The settlement agreement would require that the defendant's dog be muzzled and bolted down with a heavy-duty, short chain. The dog wasn't a party to the litigation but the plaintiff can require than the dog puts their paw print on the contract. LOL. Hi Marty, WOOF WOOF!

What CO$ demands and what it gets may be different.