What's new

Thanks/likes system

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Ok I've just realised you can only give ONE rating per post. Not "thanks" plus "likes" plus "LOL". Just one (unless I can change it but I doubt it) so be careful. :panic:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Ok I've just realised you can only give ONE rating per post. Not "thanks" plus "likes" plus "LOL". Just one (unless I can change it but I doubt it) so be careful. :panic:

Thanks!

I offer the following advice as it may be helpful for members.

Because the new app only allows ONE CHOICE, what I have found very helpful is to apply Dr. Hubbard's DOUBT FORMULA after reading each post and before making the selection.

It is not recommended to attempt this, unless you do this in collaboration with a trained ethics officer and/or (minimally) a twin that reads and approves of your Doubt Formula writeup.

I have been twinning with ILove2Lurk and it helps a lot, even thought she is "Old School" and won't even read my Doubt Formula unless I attach a photo of me wearing a gray (liability) arm rag. It looks really weird over a business suit when I go to meetings, but standard tech really works, so I have no complaints.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Hoaxy, I think you might be the biggest loser out of the board migration. Your 125,189,657,478 likes are gone. Sorry man. :sorry2:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Hi Hoaxy, I think you might be the biggest loser out of the board migration. Your 125,189,657,478 like are gone. Sorry man. :sorry2:

LOL!

It's okay. I'm used to it. . .

Like Scientology, I'll just be happy to escape from this ASC if I can at least get a statusy lapel pin.

ps: I never got a lapel pin from Scientology either, lol.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Any chance for an empathy type acknowledgement? A support/understanding/ "I feel for you" .

If my beloved pet crocodile ate a couple of neighbours and is now on the run from some determined hunters and all I can think of is how we binge watched series together on the couch, sharing chicken wings, a Thank or Like is not going to help. Sometimes posters are at a loss for words.
Just covering all eventualities here.
:zombi:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Any chance for an empathy type acknowledgement? A support/understanding/ "I feel for you" .

If my beloved pet crocodile ate a couple of neighbours and is now on the run from some determined hunters and all I can think of is how we binge watched series together on the couch, sharing chicken wings, a Thank or Like is not going to help. Sometimes posters are at a loss for words.
Just covering all eventualities here.
:zombi:

Hey Mog, I'll include some more options on it soon. I just wanted to get it up & running because I had a few ask about "liking posts" so I just threw it up there. It will be modified to include something supporting.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher

LOL!

It's okay. I'm used to it. . .

Like Scientology, I'll just be happy to escape from this ASC if I can at least get a statusy lapel pin.

It is like losing all your certs.

Sorry you spent half a million to get to OT 8, but you're going to have to do it all again :p

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Quote from Hoaxy:

I had an episode where I had "earned" a lapel pin and didn't get it! I (affected) outrage and demanded I get my pin!
(I didn't really care. but I loved the idea of putting these a**holes through some hoops to "make it go right!")

I never got my pin, but I don't care, I made some senior buttwipes dance to MY tune for a moment.

That's what you get when you promise something and fail to deliver.

Jack

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Interesting, I don't get that bar over to the right with 'choices' of icons to leave for a poster. I'll work on it - maybe my 'puter setting ?
And, I can't figure out how to delete PM's I've received or sent.
Double Senior Goofy Moments !

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Interesting, I don't get that bar over to the right with 'choices' of icons to leave for a poster. I'll work on it - maybe my 'puter setting ?
And, I can't figure out how to delete PM's I've received or sent.
Double Senior Goofy Moments !

I'm not sure why you can't see the thanks/likes buttons. I can see them even on my phone. Can you try a different browser?

To delete PMs, go into one of your conversations (called PMs on the old board) and you'll see.
R0m9ADn.png

You can leave the conversation, star it (for later reference), mark it as unread (to get your attention later) or edit it (you have 5 minutes to edit what you wrote).

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I'm not sure why you can't see the thanks/likes buttons. I can see them even on my phone. Can you try a different browser?

To delete PMs, go into one of your conversations (called PMs on the old board) and you'll see.
R0m9ADn.png

You can leave the conversation, star it (for later reference), mark it as unread (to get your attention later) or edit it (you have 5 minutes to edit what you wrote).
The bar with " Edit Conversation - Mark as Unread - Star conversation - leave Conversation " covers all after " and you'll see ".

I'll try a different browser. But, hey, the board looks better [ <- miss being able to put that in italics ] & so many seem so pleased with the fancy new look !

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
The bar with " Edit Conversation - Mark as Unread - Star conversation - leave Conversation " covers all after " and you'll see ".

I'll try a different browser. But, hey, the board looks better [ <- miss being able to put that in italics ] & so many seem so pleased with the fancy new look !

Just go into a conversation (PM) you want to delete from your inbox and click on "leave conversation" if you want to delete it from your inbox.

You can still put text in italics. Just highlight it and press the italics icon above. For more info on formatting see this thread.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/how-to-format-a-post.44373/#post-1152508

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Hoaxy, I think you might be the biggest loser out of the board migration. Your 125,189,657,478 likes are gone. Sorry man. :sorry2:
Gone, but certainly not forgotten. Besides, It'll do him good to re-do the ESMB bridge again, at his own expense, of course.
He obviously had a crashing m/u on Gorilla Goals!

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
OK ! Different browser and the boxes above populated plus on others posts the box in the right hand corner appears - Magic !
So, for ESMB what works for me is Bing not Google.

Oh, I too vote for the tinfoil as a nice balance for WTF.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
In the spirit of" Follow and contribute to the motion..." ESMB works fine with Opera and MS Edge.

Jack

Hi Ems - love the new avatar - sorry about Viserion. My condolences.

What's the haps with the quote balloons?

No tin foil like? Or perhaps a DOH one?

As far as a thumbs down for WTF? Nahh. I don't associate WTF with a disagreement as much as having your socks knocked off by seeing or reading some crazy shit. Like a zombie dragon...

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Ems - love the new avatar - sorry about Viserion. My condolences.

What's the haps with the quote balloons?

No tin foil like? Or perhaps a DOH one?

As far as a thumbs down for WTF? Nahh. I don't associate WTF with a disagreement as much as having your socks knocked off by seeing or reading some crazy shit. Like a zombie dragon...

Yeah I've got some more work to do on this system. I threw it up there so we had something but it needs tweaking.

The way the quotes look - That's a bit out of my control. It's in the templates and I'm not editing them or I'll wreck something guaranteed. :cry:

The loss of Viserion was tragic, but he was my least favourite child. He reminded me of my brother. Now Drogon will have to take him out just like Drogo took out Viserys.