What's new

Thankyou for all your work Bryan Seymour

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Bryan Seymour is moving on from working for Today Tonight, where he broke and covered many stories about scientology, both here in Australia and internationally.

His work helped many, and I for one am grateful.

Thanks Bryan and do well in the next stage of your career.

From the Village Voice:

We received an e-mail last night from a man we like to think of as a colleague, Australian journalist Bryan Seymour.

Over the last several years, no television reporter anywhere in the world has produced as many hard-hitting exposes about Scientology as Seymour for Australia's Seven Network.

It was just in February that we were stunned by Seymour's reporting about a surburban labor camp for children operated by Scientology in a Sydney suburb.

But now, Bryan tells us, he's moving on. He's soon leaving the Seven Network and begins work on July 9 as a senior advisor to Australia's Environment Minister, Tony Burke.

I asked Bryan for a statement to his many fans, and he sent me this...
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...logy_roanne_leake_ron_miscavige_sr.php?page=2
Goodbye... for now...

:clap: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, indeed. Bryan stands tall as one of the most dogged and persistent Reporters telling the World some home truths about scientology. His contribution has been beyond valuable, "priceless" would be a good word. :thumbsup:

I wish him all the best in his new career in the Australian political landscape, his prior experience with Cult-crazy should stand him in good stead in that arena. :)

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I wanted to write some sort of proper tribute as well but I am just too shocked about the news. Bryan has been such an integral part of the anti-Scientology movement since chanology began (and before!). He has been a true pillar of support and it will be hard to fathom things without him around to pounce on the next big story and shine light into Scientology's dark crevices!

A big loss :bigcry:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I wanted to write some sort of proper tribute as well but I am just too shocked about the news. Bryan has been such an integral part of the anti-Scientology movement since chanology began (and before!). He has been a true pillar of support and it will be hard to fathom things without him around to pounce on the next big story and shine light into Scientology's dark crevices!

A big loss :bigcry:

I hope he has indeed briefed a replacement!

Let him know how you feel too. :)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would like to add my voice in thanking Bryan for all his work, helping us ex's speak out against the cult of scientology.

I wish him all the very best in his new endeavour.

Warm wishes to you Bryan
Glenda

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I'm sorry we're losing Bryan's voice from the Scientology discussion because there are too few journalists in the MSM willing to speak truth out loud. I am consoled, though, that Bryan now is to speak up for the environment. In the great grand scheme of things, the Environment debate is far more urgent to our long term survival than the injustices of the cult. It's a tough assignment for Bryan. Politically, what with the carbon tax and all that going on, it's a loud debate with many powerful stakeholders fighting tooth and nail for position, spin, and control. I'm pleased to know Bryan is in that debate, and on the side of the Environment.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
This sounds like conspiracy...
There was one reporter ,here in Croatia,small part of LRHs Bulgravia- who was very interested in WAR crimes-who ever make them...(War was since 1990-till 1996)...
Only way to STOP his criticism was to upgrade him to some ministers spokesman...:whistling:

RogerB

Crusader
An interesting move and change of career path for Bryan Seymour.

I can only conclude that he is certainly a man of high principles and dedication to the cause of good as this looks like a big "pay cut" for him to be able to pursue another cause he deeply believes in.

Address to getting it right on our environmental handling is important . . . let's hope he shows the same good sense in addressing it as he showed in his address to the Cof$.

Goodonya Bryan!

RogerB

Purple Rain

Crusader
You have been an incredible and formidable opponent of Scientology, Bryan. I wish you all the very best for your future. Please also have a word to Tony Burke about Gina Rinehart and saving the Great Barrier Reef.

Take care and be happy!

:thumbsup:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Unfortunately I can't go all out for Bryan, because most of his diligent work was never broadcast in my area, and I've had to rely on comments here and snippets on Youtube.

I hope that the bulk of his research team will remain so that whoever replaces him comes in with eyes wide open.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey c'mon - lighten up folks:biggrin:

This week's news shows how healthy the cult ISN'T but our environment needs people of principle and compassion to fight publicly for it - that's Bryan to a T.:yes:

I'll miss his stories, his empathy and his championing of the underdog but it sounds like he's pursuing a dream that doesn't involve chasing sleazy cult spokesholes for comments - win-win for us all methinks.:happydance:

I'll have more time later today (I hope) to put my thoughts up on Bryan but seriously, I reckon he's done an amazing job and the cult here is basically dead due in no small amount to his relentless pursuit of their abuses and lies.

OSA have nothing left to celebrate with, now do they?:coolwink:

Thanks Bryan. :yes:

Good luck with your new important job.
If sometime in the future you move on again, into an area where you can do more cult busting, that would not be a bad thing either.....:)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, here goes....

I've worked with Bryan on quite a few occasions and always found him extremely professional. In fact, he startled me because he was the first journo I worked with after leaving the cult and he was absolutely NOTHING like Hubbard predicted journos were.

Bryan refused to pursue several stories that I know of because it wasn't an ETHICAL thing to do - the stories would've been great TV and earned him brownie points here and elsewhere but they also weren't what family members etc. wanted so he quietly withdrew - the Kelsey story is just one of those that Bryan kept quiet about. The others you'll probably never hear of (unless you already know about them.)

He is also a stickler for accuracy. And he does his homework. I've never had to explain a lot of the cult nuances to him because he already understands them. And he has the ability to get emotional responses from you and make you a vulnerable human in front of the camera because THAT is what gets the message across. It's tough being asked questions that lay your soul bare but Bryan's the best I've ever seen at it. And he can do it because he cares - he's not just chasing ratings.

He trailblazed the horror of this cult when there were few journos anywhere on this planet willing to do so. And predictably the cult went after him. I hope Bryan tells those stories himself some day, instead of getting us to tell our stories like he has.

So I'll miss knowing that he's lurking around looking for yet another package of abuse and lies from $cientology Inc. to expose on Oz TV. But I'm really pleased for him that he's got his new job and I wish him all the best with it. I know he'll do a great job at it because that's just the sort of guy he is. He cares about his work and he cares deeply about his fellow humans.

In fact, I'd love to see Bryan interview Tommy Davis once Tommy's finally admitted the cult is all bullshit. Tommy would be amazed just how nice a guy Bryan is.

And I'm sure he'll still keep an eye on this cult, even in his new job. As long as the cult's still around, I'm sure Bryan will keep working at exposing it SOMEHOW until it's totally collapsed. That's the sort of guy he is.

BryanSeymour

Thanks for the kind words...

...especially Scooter.

I am working in a different field for a while but I am around and I am interested in any information any of you have...

To Royal Prince Xenu... I think ex's have put all 50+ stories I've done on Youtube... 7 or 8 hours worth... and there is no research unit (it really isn't like Frontline :) ) I researched, reported and wrote every story.

...and I fully expect to be doing more in future.

So long.

Bryan

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Thanks for the kind words...

...especially Scooter.

I am working in a different field for a while but I am around and I am interested in any information any of you have...

To Royal Prince Xenu... I think ex's have put all 50+ stories I've done on Youtube... 7 or 8 hours worth... and there is no research unit (it really isn't like Frontline :) ) I researched, reported and wrote every story.

...and I fully expect to be doing more in future.

So long.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan for all you have done, :bighug::grouphug:

You are a mega champ :winner:

You seriously rock :rock:

Looking forward to hearing of your future adventures :shark:

:kangaroo: