Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY

THE 1.1 [COVERT] LAWS AND METHODS OF SCIENTOLOGY

COVERT EXAMPLES

1954 MODERN MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY DEFINED
by L.Ron Hubbard 1976

"CHURCH OF AMERICAN SCIENCE" definition

"There is a difference between the Church of American Science and the Church of Scientology. The Church of American Science is a Christian Religion. It believes in the Holy Bible. Jesus is the Savior of man and everything that's necessary to be a Christian religion. People who belong to that church are expected to be Christians. These two churches fit together.

We take somebody in as a Church of American Science. it doesn't disagree with his baptism or other things like that, and he could gradually slide over into some sort of better, wider activity such as the Church of Scientology and a little more wisdom and come a little more close to optimum. Then if he was good and one of the people we would like to have around he would eventually slide into HASI. So we have provided stepping stones to Scn with these organizations (5410C04)"

MANAGEMENT DICTIONARY P-77-78
INTRO: ORGANIZATIONS OF SCIENTOLOGY 1A (tape) 5410C04
or ORGANIZATIONS OF SCIENTOLOGY 1B 1954 OCT 4

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

1954 THE ABEREE Volume 1, Number 1

CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION OF
CHURCH OF AMERICAN SCIENCE Page 5

1974 THE CHAPEL Vol. 1. No. 1
A Monthly Magazine from the
Church of Scientology in South Africa

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
PAGES 3 & 4

THE E-METER AND "HERES A MILLION BUCKS"

(1.)
1951 MAR 13 WESTERN UNION TELEGRAM - HUBBARD

Mr. Frank Dessler is administrator and sole agent for the Los Angeles Foundaion Properties.

(2.)
1951 MAR 27 HUBBARD LETTER TO FRANK DESSLER

Hubbard says, "I want an agency distributer arrangement with those boys on the psyco-galvanmeter." "We can sell thousands of them as distributers for 60% profit.
I HAVE A USE FOR THEM NOBODY SUSPECTS YET. If I could get distribution for several makes WE COULD HAVE THE MARKET TIED UP. IN TERMS OF PURE PROFIT, THIS IS HOT AND IF YOU WANT SECURITY, ARRANGE THIS AS PART OF MY PUBLICATION UNIT AND GET DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS AT A FANCY PERCENTAGE UNDER MECHANICAL AIDS SECTION. HERE'S A MILLION BUCKS." (Emphasis added)

(3.) 1992 TV-GUIDE on GASLIGHT movie

This is added to explain the reference to the word. "Gaslight."

(4.)
1952 MAR 13 HUBBARD COLLEGE REPORTS
Hubbard College 352 N Broadway
Wichita, Kansas

"VII. Agreement has been reached with Volney. S. Mathison. inventor of the Psychogalvonometer, to permit the Hubbard College New york and Los Angeles, H.D.A.'s can secure a 20% discount on the psychogalvonometer which retails for $128.50. We are making immediate delivery."

(5.)
1952 APR 5 ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE MATHISON ELECTROMETER

Hubbard publishes a letter to Volney [Mathison] totally endorsing the meters use in auditing. Hubbard says in bold letters,

"BLUNTLY, AUDITING CAN'T BE AT OPTIMUM WITHOUT AN ELECTROPSYCHOMETER. The things one can now bring up from the psychological depths of the human personality, and the violence of the charges often found in them, CAN BE HANDLED SUCCESSFULLY ONLY THROUGH THE USE OF THIS INTRUMENT"

(6)
1952 circa HUBBARD LETTER TO MATHISON

Similar letter to the one above. Hubbard in this one prefaces the letter by saying the following.

"Dear Dianeticist:
Herewith is an interesting answer to a question that is sometimes asked: 'Does Hubbard ever give anybody else credit for anything?' This is an unsolicited letter."

(7.)
1952 circa MATHISON ELECTROPSYCHOMETER AD
SOLD BY: THe Office of L. Ron Hubbard

(8)
1952 circa MATHISON ELECTROPSYCHOMETER AD

(9)
1952 circa MATHISON ELECTROPSYCHOMETER TECHNIQUE 100

NOTES ON TECHNIQUE 100 by L. Ron Hubbard and Volney G. Mathison

(10)
1996 DIANETICS AND SCIENTOLOGY 1996 CATALOG ORDER FORM

(E-METERS NOW SELL FOR 3, 4 and 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS.)

CREATING A THIRD DYNAMIC Tape LEcture by L. Ron Hubbard
30 Dec 1957
(Transcript of 38 pages)
This tape of all the 3 thousand Hubbard tape lectures is the most recommended. It gives one an insight into the character and nature of Scientology and Hubbard's methods of dealing with groups. From a sociologicak perspective I would make it a requirement to any investigation and research into Scientology.

(Background material)

1957 ABILITY Issue 63
"SURVIVAL CLUBS" by L. Ron Hubbard
(This gives background material to the tape lecture.)

1968 The Tone Scale by L . Ron Hubbard

Several examples from the CREATING A THIRD DYNAMIC TAPE.

1. [YOU'VE GOT TO BE 1.1 (COVERT) TO FORM FRONT GROUPS]

"So ...these survival clubs [Scn front groups] don't then become a series of processing projects as a direct immediate thing. That's very direct."

"THE COUNTRY'S NOT LIABLE TO ACCEPT THIS. WE HAVE TO BE MORE 1.1 [COVERT] THAN THIS."

"What we have to do, as far as I can see, is bring people together, bring people together with the idea of survival by mutual activity to the benefit of the person himself surviving."

[NOTE: This "1.1." directive is the closest to the Moonie's statement on "heavenly deception" that I have found]

CREATING A THIRD DYNAMIC (Tape) 30 Dec 1957 Page 14

(A supporting document)

1983 Feb 15 SEA ORGANIZATION FLAG CONDITION ORDER 7125
SUPRESSIVE PERSON DECLARE
DAVID GAIMAN

On page 2 the ethics jury excerpted a David Gaiman quote used by PR Students.

"TWO THINGS I LEARNED, IF IT'S A 1.1 GAME, THEN WE MUST BE BETTER AT BEING 1.1 THAN ANYBODY, and the other thing I learned was that these guys cannot complete a comm cycle, so that you can Q&A [see Tech Disctionary 1975] in any way you like, as who can Q&A better than us? AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT PUT AT EFFECT, so that('s) the thing to do as long as you (don't) feel yourself put into effect, it is not to be rational or justift anything, BUT ATTACK."

See PRO COURSE section for more on this D. Gaiman document)

2. [ENTRAP PURPOSELESS SOCIETY WITH SHAM GOAL OR PURPOSE]

"If you want a group, don't try to form them on the basis of Scientology just per se and as such..."

"Now, its quite interesting, it's quite interesting but YOU'RE ADDING GOALS AND PURPOSES TO PEOPLE. AND YOUR TAKING A SOCIETY WHICH IS RELATIVELY PURPOSELESS AND YOU'RE PUTTING PURPOSES INTO THEIR HANDS."
:WE DON'T CARE WHAT THE PURPOSE IS. The purpose is every few weeks we'll have a picnic. Every Satrurday night we will have a dance. We'll own a piece of property that has a big barn."
(Emphasis added)

CREATING A THIRD DYNAMIC 30 Dec 1957 Page 34

1992 PROSPERITY MAGAZINE Issue 30

"GETTING PEOPLE UP THE BRIDGE" Page 14

Eight cartoon panels illustrate "businessman attending a seminar or lecture" and six steps before the businessman arrives at "The Church of Scientology."
Only one original copy of PROSPERITY MAGAZINE Issue 30 found its way into the public hands. This issue was either recalled after a few were released or was cancelled. Prosperity Mag Issue 30 is not available from the main office, WISE [World Institute of Scientology Enterprises] INTERNATIONAL on Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles. A request was made of this particular issue. They did have numerous back issue copies of the magazine that surrounds Issue 30 and provided those back issues upon request.
It is an "academy award blooper" of the year. It is legally quite damaging as it illustrates what the undisclosed purpose of WISE is. WISE professes to have no connection to the Church of Scientology. It only has a copyright agreement to use Hubbard's business material.

1981 WISE DIRECTIVE 45 "L. RON HUBBARD"

This directive spells out the legal association with Hubbard and thus maintains secular status.

"Thus the relationship of L. Ron Hubbard to WISE is simply that of an author to the organization legally utilizing his copyrighted materials."

1991 "GET ETHICS AND SANITY INTO YOUR BUSINESS"
A WISE advertsement flyer

Susan Ochart of Sterling Management makes the following atatement from the flyer.
"THE BIGGEST WIN BEING A WISE MEMBER IS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISSEMNATE LRH TECH QIDELY AND ESPECIALLY GETTING LARGE NUMBERS OF NEW PUBLIC ON AND UP THE BRIDGE.
THIS PAST QUARTER, THE NUMBER OF OUR CLIENTS THAT WENT CLEAR AT ORANGE COUNTY ORG ALONE TOTALED 109 (More than 1 a day). THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT." Susan Ochart
Sterling Management

1992 WORLD INSTITUTE OF SCIENTOLOGY ENTERPRISES
wISE CALIFORNIA DIRECTORY 1992

On Page C27 there is a Sterling Management Systems as that says the following.

"Sterling Management is the top FSM on the planet."

"In the first half of 1991, close to 800 STERLING CLIENTS BECAME SCIENTOLOGISTS." (Emphasis added)

1974 NARCONON NEWS Volume 6, Issue 3

The cover's banner reads.
"NARCONON HELPS GET PEOPLE UP RON'S BRIDGE TO FREEDOM"

And below this quote is another which says.
"NARCONON IS THE BRIDGE TO THE BRIDGE."

1946 Feb 16 NOTICE OF SEPARATION FROM U.S. NAVAL SERVICE
L.RON HUBBARD
Hubbard received 4 medals

1974 May 28 FLAG OPERATIONS LIASON OFFICE
EASTERN UNITED STATES

The Letter requests Hubbard's war medals be sent to him. It lists 17 medals.

1974 Jun 18 CHIEF OF NAVAL PERSONNEL LETTER
The reply to the 17 medals requested is that 4 are sent and the records fail to establish "entitelment to the other medals."

1985 OCT 1 DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY LETTER
The Letter lists Hubbard's Naval career and says he received 4 medals.

See 1990 June 24, Los Angeles Times, "The Scientology Story: A special report."

THE STRANGELY MALIGN INFLUENCE AND FORCES OF EXCALIBUR AND OT [OPERATING THETAN] III

(1.) 1965 EXPLORING THE OCCULT by DOuglas Hunt

"...Crowley had discovered and deciphered, THE BOOK OF THE SACRED MAGIC OF ABRA-MELIN THE MAGE, which dates from 1458, and contains detailed instructions for invoking both good and evil forces, AND HAS A STRANGELY MALIGN INFLUENCE ON ALL WHO READ IT."

(2.) 1936-37 Circa

"...so professionally I wrote -- an effort to support the researches because I kept on researching. My wife would tear her hair out by the handful since she would get bills for $150 for a discourse on THE MYSTICAL AND SPIRITUAL PRACTICES OF THE MAGI, rare. And she would say, "god sakes!" well I'd say, "I wrote a novelette last week and that brought in $140, slightly."
A lot of money going out along this line accumulating this stuff, accumulating it, studying it, trying to figure it out. It took me till 1938 to find out the first thing you had to know was the dynamic principal of existence you could agree on and maybe you could agree on aaaaaaaaaan d maybe could take off from there and you could find energy. [referring to life energy]

THE VALUE OF THE CHART OF HUMAN EVALUATION AND ITS APPLICATION 5108C13A [ In R&D Vol #7]

(3.) 1950's? 1/10th of 1% of SCIENTOLOGY by L Ron Hubbard Jr. 1972

Hubbard commands his son to read several magick books on page 23 of 27. "The book of the Law," "THE SACRED MAGIC OF ABRA-MELIN," "The Sex Magick of the Ninth Dgree of the O.T.O."
Hubbard said the power in the books can cause "INSTANT INSANITY; RIP MY MIND APART, DESTROY ME." Hubbard claimed he conquered and harnessed the secret techniques and powers." (Emphasis added) Pages 21,22 & 23

(4.) 1949 Jan 13 HUBBARD-SAVANNAH LETTER TO 4E [Forrest Ackerman]

Hubbard refers to a book he is writing [ THE SCIENCE OF MIND, really EXCALIBUR] and says the following:
"GOOD PUBLISHING TRICK, BY THE WAY, IS TO HAVE THE BOOKSELLER MAKE THE BUYER SIGN A RELEASE RELEASING THE AUTHOR OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES IF THE READER GOES NUTS." (Emphasis added)

(5.)
1952 FEB 2 HUBBARD LECTURE - "MYSTICISM"

The Research and Discovery Series Vol. 10 On pages 156 and 157 Hubbard describes the STRANGELY MALIGN INFLUENCES his book EXCALIBUR had on a number of pubishing related people he had shown it to in 1938 (Emphasis added)

(6.) 1952 APR 25 THE OFFICE OF L. RON HUBBARD LETTER
PHEONIX, ARIZONA AND A FOUR PAGE BOOKSALE LIST

Page 3 of the book list has this description oif this unusual book.

"EXCALIBUR by L. Ron Hubbard. The unpublished first work of all that followed. Not the thesis. Mr. Hubbard wrote tis work in 1938. When four of the first fifteen people who read it went insane. Mr. Hubbard withdrew it and placed it in a vault where it remained until now. Copies to selected readers only and then on signature. Released only upon sworn statement not to permit other readers to read it. Contains data not to be otherwise released during Mr. Hubbard's stay upon Earth. The complete fast formula of clearing. The secret not even Dianetics disclosed. Facsimile of original individually typed for manuscript buyer. Gold bound and locked, Signed by author. Very limited. Per copy ...$1,500.00

(7.)
1968 UP - Official Scientology Magazine of the Advanced Organization

"THE STORY OF GRADE III OT by L. Ron Hubbard

Hubbard claims to have broken through a heavily occluded area to discover the mystery of the universe. Hubbard says:
"As a matter of fact it is so occluded that if anyone tried to penetrate it as I'm sure many have, THEY DIED. THE MATERIAL INVOLVED IN THIS SECTOR IS SO VICIOUS THAT IT IS CAREFULLY ARRANGED TO KILL ANYONE IF HE DISCOVERS THE EXACT TRUTH OF IT." (Emphasis added)

(8.) 1996
"OT III THE WALL OF FIRE" advertisement
The Church of Scientology Western United States

The "UP" magazine quote reprinted here and along side this quote in large bold letters is the phrase,

"CLEARS ARE AT RISK."

"ANYONE WHO IS CLEAR BUT NOT ON OTIII HAD BETTER BE PUSHED UP TO OTIII FAST BECAUSE OTHERWISE HE IS AT RISK."
L. Ron Hubbard C/S Series 73 RB

(8a) 1995 -
New York Times: After release of OT Materials on the net Mike Allen at The NY Times notes that: "NO EPIDEMIC HAS BEEN REPORTED"
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/nytimes/nyt-lerma.htm

1990 APR 15 SAN DIEGO UNION
"HUBBARD HOT AUTHOR STATUS CALLED ILLUSION" by Mike McIntrye
The most comprehensive article on how Scientologyu "manufactures" a best seller book.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/sandiego-books031590.htm

1987 INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SCIENTOLOGISTS
Annual Report to Members AD [after Dianetics] 36 - AD 37

A "TOTAL MEMBERSHIP" graph shows 40,000 Scientology members world wide. Compare to the figure of 7,000,000 members as claimed by the church in the San Diego Union 1990 article on last page.

1989 INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SCIENTOLOGISTS
Annual Report to Members AD 38 - AD 39
The "total members" graph shows membership rising but the number amounts have been removed.

1981 APR 21 NATIONAL INQUIRER

BRAINWASHING CULT CONS TOP TV STARS

"Some of Hollywood's biggest stars have been duped into endorsing a controversial drug rehabilitation program called Narconon, which is actually operated by the bizzarre brainwashing cult, the Church of Scientology."

1985 circa

1. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM CRUSADE LETTER

2. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM CRUSADE - LEGAL BREIFING SHEET
LARRY WOLLESHEIM V. CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF CALIFORNIA
(Three pages of background and reasons for crusade)

3. SUCCESSFUL ACTIONS HAT WRITEUP
NON=SCIENTOLOGY MINISTER CONTACT
(Nine pages by Carol Worthy Korns
Minister, crusader
New OT V, Class IV
and Composer / Arr

A nine page description of the strategy, and tactics, used to make an ally for scientology. See ALLY MAKER HAT 1974 circa.)

1990 MAR 1 EAST GRINSTEAD COURIER
"Cult Targets MPs in Expansion Drive"

1990 MAR circa SAFE POINT UK GROUP
ADMIN SCALE

Five pages of tactics to make allies with opinion leaders in [politics, media, arts, business and social spheres."

-END-

FWIW...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
confusing.... (without proper fomatting e.g. "quote", "/quote").

Yeah, tres confusing.

I was going to actually re-format it and lay it out so that Hubbard's/Scientology's misdirection & lying ("1.1") would be exposed in a more understandable way. But, I couldn't actually follow the information well enough myself to know how to translate it. There appear to be a lot of graphics missing too which could contribute to making the info so impenetrable.

There might well be some very illuminating and helpful information embedded in that post, but it's virtually impossible to excise it. Maybe Arnie can give it another shot and lay it out better or include links?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, tres confusing.

I was going to actually re-format it and lay it out so that Hubbard's/Scientology's misdirection & lying ("1.1") would be exposed in a more understandable way. But, I couldn't actually follow the information well enough myself to know how to translate it. There appear to be a lot of graphics missing too which could contribute to making the info so impenetrable.

There might well be some very illuminating and helpful information embedded in that post, but it's virtually impossible to excise it. Maybe Arnie can give it another shot and lay it out better or include links?

This is what I have... on faded xerox copies..

Despite formatting there are some golden nuggets there

arnie

Thank you for this post, Arnie, there is some very revealing data in it. Old Hub was exactly the contrary of what he pretended to be and his bridge is an excellent trap which wears out any sparkle of freedom in the individual, making him a happy slave in admiration for the master. :)

Veda

Sponsor
FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY

THE 1.1 [COVERT] LAWS AND METHODS OF SCIENTOLOGY

COVERT EXAMPLES

1954 MODERN MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY DEFINED
by L.Ron Hubbard 1976

"CHURCH OF AMERICAN SCIENCE" definition

"There is a difference between the Church of American Science and the Church of Scientology. The Church of American Science is a Christian Religion. It believes in the Holy Bible. Jesus is the Savior of man and everything that's necessary to be a Christian religion. People who belong to that church are expected to be Christians. These two churches fit together.

We take somebody in as a Church of American Science. it doesn't disagree with his baptism or other things like that, and he could gradually slide over into some sort of better, wider activity such as the Church of Scientology and a little more wisdom and come a little more close to optimum. Then if he was good and one of the people we would like to have around he would eventually slide into HASI. So we have provided stepping stones to Scn with these organizations (5410C04)"

-snip-

This appears to be what is being attempted with the NOI.

The quote - above - could be regarded as a Hubbard sanctioning of an official tolerance towards the NOI, while the process of assimilation of preferred persons, from NOI, is occurring.

Gib

Crusader
"EXCALIBUR by L. Ron Hubbard. The unpublished first work of all that followed. Not the thesis. Mr. Hubbard wrote tis work in 1938. When four of the first fifteen people who read it went insane. Mr. Hubbard withdrew it and placed it in a vault where it remained until now. Copies to selected readers only and then on signature. Released only upon sworn statement not to permit other readers to read it. Contains data not to be otherwise released during Mr. Hubbard's stay upon Earth. The complete fast formula of clearing. The secret not even Dianetics disclosed. Facsimile of original individually typed for manuscript buyer. Gold bound and locked, Signed by author. Very limited. Per copy ...$1,500.00

"THE STORY OF GRADE III OT by L. Ron Hubbard

Hubbard claims to have broken through a heavily occluded area to discover the mystery of the universe. Hubbard says:
"As a matter of fact it is so occluded that if anyone tried to penetrate it as I'm sure many have, THEY DIED. THE MATERIAL INVOLVED IN THIS SECTOR IS SO VICIOUS THAT IT IS CAREFULLY ARRANGED TO KILL ANYONE IF HE DISCOVERS THE EXACT TRUTH OF IT." (Emphasis added)

great stuff Arnie, these particular snips are called sublime writing, which hubbard learned thru his Dean Wilbur Rhetorical teacher at George Washington university:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(literary)

" Longinus defines the literary sublime as "excellence in language", the "expression of a great spirit" and the power to provoke "ecstasy" in one's readers.[SUP][1][/SUP] Longinus holds that the sublime may be found in every work, since the goal of a writer should always be to produce a form of ecstasy."

and what is ecstasy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecstasy

Clear & OT are ecstasy. Of course none of those states are known to exist, but hubbard thru his writings got us to visualize and convince us that they do exist. Thus "the goal of a writer (hubbard) should always be to produce a form of ecstasy".

Every step on the the bridge to total freedom is a form of ecstasy. Each step has a stated EP of ecstasy, and it all sounds so logical. Until one does it and finds out it ain't true. Laugher.

Hubbard learned sublime writing and rhetorical writing, and he used it against us.

"Ecstasy: a trance or trance-like state in which a person transcends normal consciousness..."

I think this is what the hours spent on the e-meter does...(especially when solo auditing on the "upper levels") what the attention and positive interaction with the Auditor does, the beginning "training drills" do...the WINS do! Not to mention all those wild OT success stories and fantasizing about having OT powers oneself does! :biggrin: And even the stat pushers...rising in rank in the SO, going up the bridge, or winning awards and recognition for donating tons of money to the RTC, gaining "elevation" and "status"...All produce moments of ecstasy in the PC and this is what one chases for ever after. Just like getting a "high" without the drug.

Our brains are hard-wired to chase after peak moments.

That's part of what makes Scientology so sticky. Part of the glue that holds people there. The momentary ecstasy...

Gibby, you schmarty-pants! :happydance:

Personally, I think most folks might get as much or more through ballroom dancing! Or any kind of organized dancing with a group, for that matter! :)

Gib

Crusader
"Ecstasy: a trance or trance-like state in which a person transcends normal consciousness..."

Just like getting a "high" without the drug.

believe it or not, I actually used to say something like that back in the late 1980's/early 1990's when I tryed to get my family and friends involved.

But, further on, in the link I provided: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(literary)

"The sublime has also been described as a key to understanding the sense of wonder concept in science fiction literature.[SUP][10]"[/SUP]

what is sense of wonder?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense_of_wonder

SENSE OF WONDER n. a feeling of awakening or awe triggered by an expansion of one’s awareness of what is possible or by confrontation with the vastness of space and time, as brought on by reading science fiction.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP]:179[/SUP]

… in doing so, it [science fiction] can create a rival sense of wonder, which acts almost as a replacement religion: a religion for those deprived of all traditional certainties in the wake of Darwin, Einstein, Plank, Godel, and Heisenberg.[SUP][10][/SUP][SUP]:106[/SUP]

The so-called sense of wonder has been considered one of the primary attributes of sf at least since the pulp era. The titles of the most popular sf magazines of that period—Astounding, Amazing, Wonder Stories, Thrilling, Startling, etc.—clearly indicate that the putative cognitive value of sf stories is more than counter-balanced by an affective power, to which, in fact, the scientific content is expected to submit.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP]:71[/SUP]

Hubbard wrote his Sci Fi stories in the pulp era.

When I read Dianetics, why I wanted to go clear, it truely was a "sense of wonder" for me. And when at the time back then, and I learned of the bridge to freedom, and all of it's steps and each EP, why each step on the Bridge was a sense of wonder, that Hubbard invoked in me.

Like you said about dancing, on a similar note, any good movie or book can create a sense of wonder. And hubbard turned it into a long con.

For at the end of dianetics, hubbard says, better build a bridge.

Last edited:

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well , I for one vividly remember going into ecstasy while on course , as my critical factor shut down and I entered a euphoric trance and all my worries vanished !

I entered a childlike state of pure trust in LRH , and knew he could solve all my problems !

I was in a dream of a world of pure sanity and certainty ! A deluded paradise that , though promised COULD never be !

A deep hypnotic fantasy of spiritual freedom and a pure and just future ! Eternal redemption for everyone in the only game in the universe where everyone wins !

That insane fantasy took 25 years of pain , suffering and insanity to come crashing down and end in paradigm - and nearly mind - shattering confrontation of actual reality in all its brutal and cruel naked form.

LRH gave a gift that truly keeps on giving ! Pain , confusion , despair , and so much more !

I am here to help , as best I can to build and walk a better bridge OUT of Dianetics and Scientology.

I research mind control , brainwashing , hypnosis , persuasion , cults and related topics.

For anybody that does not know by now you are VERY welcome to read my posts and blog.

I want to help discover and expose the harmful , covert technology that LRH put his name to , and help others recover and prevent future uses of this and similar technologies in the future.

I want to as broadly as possible expose this , in as simple a form and message as possible.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
great stuff Arnie, these particular snips are called sublime writing, which hubbard learned thru his Dean Wilbur Rhetorical teacher at George Washington university:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(literary)

" Longinus defines the literary sublime as "excellence in language", the "expression of a great spirit" and the power to provoke "ecstasy" in one's readers.[SUP][1][/SUP] Longinus holds that the sublime may be found in every work, since the goal of a writer should always be to produce a form of ecstasy."

and what is ecstasy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecstasy

Clear & OT are ecstasy. Of course none of those states are known to exist, but hubbard thru his writings got us to visualize and convince us that they do exist. Thus "the goal of a writer (hubbard) should always be to produce a form of ecstasy".

Every step on the the bridge to total freedom is a form of ecstasy. Each step has a stated EP of ecstasy, and it all sounds so logical. Until one does it and finds out it ain't true. Laugher.

Hubbard learned sublime writing and rhetorical writing, and he used it against us.

Gib: This is a very helpful post and furthered my understanding... It took me a few days of further reading based on what you and Sweetness&Light posted, and I suppose just bit of time to get over myself as I admit a bit of shortsighted, not discovered here syndrome at times.. but this needs to be pursued, and I hope not by me, as I am so weary of reading these weird psychology books... and after getting the Minton Betrayal and The Nazi / Paperclip story out of my head I'm about ready to get a couple of huge bags of cheetos and watch cartoons for a few days...

Arnie Lerma

Last edited: