What's new

The 1964 article that broke "Dr" LRH's spirit forever - EXPOSED - Ron the Con!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/...hoo-by-hames-phelan-saturday-evening-post.pdf

Wow - wish I had read this before I gave the Cult my trust. But why would I be suspicious of this type of evil? I never met evil like this before.

I remember hearing that El Ron said he was a DR and someone had sent me a photo of a book - 'All About Radiation' by DR. L Ron Hubbard (you can find it on E BAY)- and when I asked the EO -I was told that was photoshopped - by an ES PEE, of course. :duh: I believed them because why would El Ron lie about this? For me, it only made sense that an Es Pee was lieing about it.

Now, I believe Hubbard called himself a DOCTOR and eventually had to remove that title because it exposed his FRAUD RELIGION!:yes:

:omg: Wow - I was so trusting of the 'most ethical organization on the planet' but thank you Cult - now I know all about EVIL!! YOU - Scientology, are EVIL!:angry: May your downward spiral - spiral downward faster! There is no stopping it now thanks to the internet.

If Dr. L Ron Hubbard was so OATEE - how come he did not foresee the internet and write the 'tech' to handle it? He was not OATEE, he was a kook - a con - a madman!:yes:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/...hoo-by-hames-phelan-saturday-evening-post.pdf

Wow - wish I had read this before I gave the Cult my trust. But why would I be suspicious of this type of evil? I never met evil like this before.

I remember hearing that El Ron said he was a DR and someone had sent me a photo of a book - 'All About Radiation' by DR. L Ron Hubbard (you can find it on E BAY)- and when I asked the EO -I was told that was photoshopped - by an ES PEE, of course. :duh: I believed them because why would El Ron lie about this? For me, it only made sense that an Es Pee was lieing about it.

Now, I believe Hubbard called himself a DOCTOR and eventually had to remove that title because it exposed his FRAUD RELIGION!:yes:

:omg: Wow - I was so trusting of the 'most ethical organization on the planet' but thank you Cult - now I know all about EVIL!! YOU - Scientology, are EVIL!:angry: May your downward spiral - spiral downward faster! There is no stopping it now thanks to the internet.

If Dr. L Ron Hubbard was so OATEE - how come he did not foresee the internet and write the 'tech' to handle it? He was not OATEE, he was a kook - a con - a madman!:yes:

I remember having that book at one point, with the rediculous red faced idiot blowing a whistle on the cover. It was reading that book that gave me a forbidden cognition that I quickly buried mentally ... the cog being "This guy sounds like my crazy uncle Jimmy!" Jimmy would sound totally brilliant to those who didn't know him or just met him, but, the more you listened to him, the more you realized that he was, at a minimum, totally full of shit or off his rocker. I looked at the cover, which said "by a nuclear physicist and a medical doctor" but was authored by "L. Ron Hubbard" and he never claimed to be an MD in his bio and there was no other author listed. But, since I was under the HubTurdian ether, all this contradictory info simply caused me to have catatonic brainfart as opposed to waking up and figuring out that it was bogus. It's amazing what you will overlook if you want to believe something.

Pete

RogerB

Crusader
Hmmm, checking that article, I see it has an error.

My memory of the Hubbard scam is that he fraudulently claimed a Ph.D. One variation of the story/truth is that he bought it from a "diploma mill" the other variation is that he himself had set up the "institution" from which he got the "diploma" of the Ph. D.

Yes, in the 1950's we did have D. Scn and M Scn degrees awarded based on successful study of Scientology materials . . . from recall, ACC graduates were awarded D. Scn degrees by Hubbard and his Academy of $cn . . . .

But this was not the doctorate he most promoted. He promoted he had the Ph D. I think it likely he later defaulted to his own fashioned D. Scn when his lie of the PhD got exposed.

What a bloody sleaze he was! :angry:

Rog

Love those pictures - I'd never seen a picture of Reg Sharpe, though I heard a thousand mentions of him, and read his book - "This Is Life." I wonder what ever happened to him?

Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

ALL ABOUT FRAUD

"L. Ron Hubbard, one of America's first nuclear physicists......"

aar-1967-cvr.jpg

onthepes

Patron with Honors

Holy hell. It is difficult for me to comprehend. I read the whole PDF file. It was actually very well written. It would hold up to today's standards easily. What bugs me is that it was written in 1964. It nails LRH spectacularly with no mis-emotion. Yet, somehow Scientology survives. HOW. WHY?WTF? There are 2 reasons I can think of:in no particular order. 1. - People desire Spiritual Freedom so badly they will look away from any rational argument against that supposed freedom
2. That COS has so much cash sitting in their underwear that they can confront anyone in court. If that does not work out they can reach an "agreement" that "nobody" knows about.
I am leaning towards number 2

Veda

Sponsor
Love those pictures - I'd never seen a picture of Reg Sharpe, though I heard a thousand mentions of him, and read his book - "This Is Life." I wonder what ever happened to him?

Mimsey

Reg Sharpe was interviewed briefly in 1986. According to Sharpe:

"You've only got to look. He [Hubbard] bought cheaply and sold expensively. I mean, what did he pay his auditors?

"The Inland Revenue was after him when he left England...

"He had ambitions of being leader of a world government. This is for real. He outlined his plans for a world government. I was to appoint the governor of the Bank of England. He published that. Why I wasn't going to be the governor of the Bank of England, I've never been quite sure."

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just found an online PDF of All About Radiation. The first half of the book, attributed to one 'Medicus', is really quite good. The only part that has anything to do with Scientology is a single guarded paragraph near the end, suggesting that it may be worth doing some more studies on the possible value of scientological vitamin concoctions in treating radiation sickness.

Hubbard's half has very little to do with radiation, though it does include some fundamental howlers, like the statement that human bodies are much better than concrete walls at absorbing gamma rays.

This is a misunderstanding that would be understandable in a layperson, since they would on the one hand hear that gamma rays can penetrate thick walls, but on the other hand also hear that human bodies can be injured by absorbing gamma rays. They might well think this meant that gamma rays zip through yards-thick walls without doing any harm, but mysteriously dump all of their damage into the first few inches of human tissue they hit.

It's not so, though. Gamma rays steadily shed energy as they scatter off nuclei in any matter. Gamma rays have so much energy that they can still keep going for a long way, even after shedding enough energy to be quite harmful to humans. So humans don't get hurt by blocking or absorbing gamma rays, but just by having the gamma rays pass through them. Walls don't get injured, but they get a bit warmer.

Anyway, Hubbard's half of the book is silly, but the first half is surprisingly sound. I wonder who 'Medicus' was, and how they felt about being bound together in print with L. Ron Hubbard.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Maybe it's worth adding that 'Medicus', the 'medical doctor' half of the duo who wrote AAR, does a good job of getting the physics, even the nuclear physics, correct. Medicus did a much better job of this, in fact, than L. Ron Hubbard, the supposed 'nuclear physicist' half of the team, who clearly had no more of a clue to the subject than you'd expect from a man who took a single one-semester undergrad intro course in atomic physics, before the neutron was even known, failed the course, and described it afterwards as being about speculations about breadcrumbs.

A little bit of academic trivia: Hubbard may have had an easier time convincing people in Britain about the strength of his academic credentials. If you say in the UK that you took a university course in atomic physics, people assume you mean that you studied that and nothing else, full time, for three years at a university. Somebody who had 'read physics' at Cambridge, say, would indeed be a physicist. Whereas what Hubbard took (and failed), in the different undergraduate system of an American university, just meant sitting through about 18 hours in total of introductory lectures during one semester — if he even attended all of those lectures. That's less than two Scientology 'intensives', for heaven's sake. Even if he had gotten an A in his course, it would hardly have made him any kind of physicist. He'd have needed to take a couple of dozen American physics courses to get to that level.

My real point, though, is that any intelligent and scientifically educated person, like Medicus, could learn and then teach an accurate lay-level picture of how nuclear weapons basically work, and what radiation is and does. It didn't take an actual nuclear physicist to do that, nor should it have. Hubbard, however, hadn't taken the trouble to learn a damn thing about the subject on which he declared himself an expert. It doesn't look as though he himself even read the first half of his own book.

RogerB

Crusader
Maybe it's worth adding that 'Medicus', the 'medical doctor' half of the duo who wrote AAR, does a good job of getting the physics, even the nuclear physics, correct. Medicus did a much better job of this, in fact, than L. Ron Hubbard, the supposed 'nuclear physicist' half of the team, who clearly had no more of a clue to the subject than you'd expect from a man who took a single one-semester undergrad intro course in atomic physics, before the neutron was even known, failed the course, and described it afterwards as being about speculations about breadcrumbs.

A little bit of academic trivia: Hubbard may have had an easier time convincing people in Britain about the strength of his academic credentials. If you say in the UK that you took a university course in atomic physics, people assume you mean that you studied that and nothing else, full time, for three years at a university. Somebody who had 'read physics' at Cambridge, say, would indeed be a physicist. Whereas what Hubbard took (and failed), in the different undergraduate system of an American university, just meant sitting through about 18 hours in total of introductory lectures during one semester — if he even attended all of those lectures. That's less than two Scientology 'intensives', for heaven's sake. Even if he had gotten an A in his course, it would hardly have made him any kind of physicist. He'd have needed to take a couple of dozen American physics courses to get to that level.

My real point, though, is that any intelligent and scientifically educated person, like Medicus, could learn and then teach an accurate lay-level picture of how nuclear weapons basically work, and what radiation is and does. It didn't take an actual nuclear physicist to do that, nor should it have. Hubbard, however, hadn't taken the trouble to learn a damn thing about the subject on which he declared himself an expert. It doesn't look as though he himself even read the first half of his own book.

You're right about that SOT . . . and remember, he took off to "lead that geographical exploration/survey" of where was it? in the wilds of Puerto Rico ? :roflmao::roflmao:

That tended to end his college career . . . like, as others rightly would say . . . he blew college, as in funked out, dropped out! :yes::yes::duh:

R

i find it interesting you say you would not hve begun he study of ron's work if you ha read this beforehand

as it happens...

in march of 1971 before i signed up for the old HAS course i spent two days at the san francisco public library using the reader's guide to periodical literature to examine dozens of articles some dating back to 1953. apparently i missed this one but i did read many that had the same tone, cant and infomation.

although i thought hubbard might in fact have mercenary intent i still was (and am) impressed with the ideas and techniques he presented and though for reasons well familiar to posters and readers of his board i cannot formally "be active in the church" i am grateful for what i have gained from the study and practice of auditing