What's new

THE ABYSS

gbuck

oxymoron
Yeah , what's true is what is true for you is a denial of physical reality and readying for switching to LRH's reality of agreement , which in my opinion is delusional .

It is a hypnotic command .

I believe in a physical universe that does not change in response to my thoughts and opinions.

My perception may change BUT reality trumps delusion EVERY time ; that is why LRH said thought was boss and we don't study structure anymore: he couldn't hypnotize the physical universe , and deep down KNEW it.

That is why OTs could never display parlor tricks. there never was one OT , ever.

That is why you have an open letter to clears ; there was never a reactive mind to clear and therefor no benefit to clearing a fictitious delusion.

all $cientology has are WORDS, it brings to mind Carl Sagan...but instead of stars, there are

billions and billions of WORDS.

There is but one problem.. WORDS are not the physical THINGS, though sometimes that might seem

true for you,

while under the influence of an unscrupulous operator...(of your trance)

Ralp-Slater-Hypnosis-1950.jpg

EEK, you have read the words of an SPeeeeeee!!! Eeeeeeeek!
Using words to discuss words is tricky to say the least.
I wonder what we would be like, or were like without the word?
Less open to manipulation?

Don't we believe that thought is us? That our thought is us?
What is our actual relationship to thought?
There is absolute validity in going back to enquiry of the very basics of what we are.
This enquiry into thought by thought, is very subtle end therefore almost impossible to grasp in its understanding ( at least for me)
If I am that which I think, then if you supply me with thoughts (ideas, concepts) and I accept them as truth, then those packages of thought become me, and I become the tech ( in scientlogical terms)
this also applies to any other bunch or group of thought that in turn becomes my concept of myself.
The tech is constantly with me and is my reference point for all that I do or consider.
In effect I can become totally embroiled in a universe of thought, as most of us are, we live in thought with occasional holidays from thinking when we are somehow aware of or reminded of a condition that is without the endless chatter of the constant recycling of thought in it's grooves and patterns.
Thought is mechanical which makes it subject to mechanical manipulation.
Hypnotism in all of its degrees of suggestion, uses thoughts mechanical basis to operate upon.
And we believe in thought! and therefore we believe in mice and possibly gods or in fact anything that thought can devise, or imagine. We are what we believe, except we are not, but thought believes in itself, and belief it is self-reinforcing and self sustaining, as any member in good standing within a cult will testify, and demonstrate.
I think the basics are probably even more basic than we consider them to be.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
An imaginary course description:

1. Read Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid, by Douglas R. Hofstadter

2. Locate and read as many of the references from that book as possible

3. Locate and read as many of the references from those books as possible

4. Go back and read an L. Ron Hubbard book

5. Experience massive embarrassment that you or anyone else ever considered Hubbard to be source for anything other than inducing hypnotic trance, hoodwinking, exploitation, and money-grubbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFhq3Rj6DI

gbuck

oxymoron
Truth is a pathless land.
Below is a quote from Krishnamurti,
“The core of Krishnamurti’s teaching is contained in the statement he made in 1929 when he said ‘Truth is a pathless land.’ Man cannot come to it through any organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual, not through any philosophical knowledge or psychological technique. He has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection.
Man has built in himself images as a fence of security—religious, political, personal. These manifest as symbols, ideas, beliefs. The burden of these images dominates man’s thinking, his relationships and his daily life. These images are the causes of our problems for they divide man from man. His perception of life is shaped by the concepts already established in his mind. The content of his consciousness is his entire existence. This content is common to all humanity. The individuality is the name, the form and superficial culture he acquires from tradition and environment. The uniqueness of man does not lie in the superficial but in complete freedom from the content of his consciousness, which is common to all mankind. So he is not an individual.
Freedom is not a reaction; freedom is not a choice. It is man’s pretence that because he has choice he is free. Freedom is pure observation without direction, without fear of punishment and reward. Freedom is without motive; freedom is not at the end of the evolution of man but lies in the first step of his existence. In observation one begins to discover the lack of freedom. Freedom is found in the choiceless awareness of our daily existence.
Thought is time. Thought is born of experience, of knowledge, which are inseparable from time. Time is the psychological enemy of man. Our action is based on knowledge and therefore time, so man is always a slave to the past.
When man becomes aware of the movement of his own consciousness he will see the division between the thinker and the thought, the observer and the observed, the experiencer and the experience. He will discover that this division is an illusion. Then only is there pure observation which is insight without any shadow of the past. This timeless insight brings about a deep radical mutation in the mind.
Total negation is the essence of the positive. When there is negation of all those things which are not love—desire, pleasure—then love is, with its compassion and intelligence.”
“The Core of the Teachings,” London, October 21, 1980 Copyright © 1980 Krishnamurti Foundation Trust