What's new

The Aftermath Foundation has list of therapists willing to donate time to people leaving Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Aftermath Foundation now has a list of experienced therapists that are willing to donate time to do beginning sessions with people who are leaving Scientology.

rxyx1nS.jpg

See http://theaftermathfoundation.org/contact-us/

/

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I hope that they will also help staff get WOG jobs (beginning a career outside Scientology).
At least staff at class IV orgs usually had wog jobs out of necessity due to the near total lack of pay as slave laborers. I assume you mean sea org where they had to work too long of hours to even look for wog work let alone show up for it. It's the older sea org staff that I've always really felt for, even when I was in and stayed at the Manor a couple of times. Some of them seemed so thoroughly beaten down they couldn't even muster a smile. Does anyone remember the brunet haired middle aged lady, this was around 1975, that worked as a hostess just to the left of the lobby and elevator where I believe there was a cafeteria if I remember correctly. I've been haunted by the look of total despair she had to her the last visit out there I had maybe 1977 or 8. I couldn't have imagined that she'd stayed much longer as bad as she seemed to be taking it all.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I hope that they will also help staff get WOG jobs (beginning a career outside Scientology).
Career/life counseling would be the big thing, especially for Sea Org people, or kids who grew up in Scientology.

You can have people who have never opened a bank account, had a credit card, have no credit history.They probably lived either in SO berthing, or if staff probably were roommates with other staff, so they have no apartment rental history.

For many staff members, they've worked at Scn-owned businesses, which means they can forget about good references. If they were declared, then their prior employer may be ordered to "fair game" them by denying they had ever worked there, or subtly implying they were fired for criminal conduct.

Then there's the whole issue of listing "working for a cult" on your employment history.

When I left the Sea Org, I was lucky that I had an old non-Scn boss who knew I had gone into Scn, and was willing to take me back. The manager I had just before I went into the SO was a friend, and agreed to stretch my employment history to cover the early part of my SO stay. Between the two of them, I was able to erase my time in the SO on my employment history for subsequent employers.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Career/life counseling would be the big thing, especially for Sea Org people, or kids who grew up in Scientology.

You can have people who have never opened a bank account, had a credit card, have no credit history.They probably lived either in SO berthing, or if staff probably were roommates with other staff, so they have no apartment rental history.

For many staff members, they've worked at Scn-owned businesses, which means they can forget about good references. If they were declared, then their prior employer may be ordered to "fair game" them by denying they had ever worked there, or subtly implying they were fired for criminal conduct.

Then there's the whole issue of listing "working for a cult" on your employment history.

When I left the Sea Org, I was lucky that I had an old non-Scn boss who knew I had gone into Scn, and was willing to take me back. The manager I had just before I went into the SO was a friend, and agreed to stretch my employment history to cover the early part of my SO stay. Between the two of them, I was able to erase my time in the SO on my employment history for subsequent employers.
How acute the demand for people to fill positions is may also have a bearing on how you get on in a job interview. I went for one after about fifteen years of being Org and Sea Org staff. Out of sheer necessity I had invented a whole raft of fictitious previous employment positions and academic qualifications, and I don't think any of them were checked. What I am certain of is that a criminal record check was run, and as I had a clean sheet in that department I got in. That then opened the door to steady employment for practically the rest of my adult life. I suppose I am one of the lucky ones.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's not just staff and sea org people that may need help. A member of public might have a house, a career, a family and everything else but they've just lost their belief system. They will probably need someone to explain to them that Hubbard was a liar and they haven't actually lost anything. That would need to be handled very carefully.Then they can move forward with their life.