What's new

The Art of Deception: How Scientology Enslaves Your Mind

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Misdirection of Attention - Another Magic Show Technique

The Art of Deception by Arnie Lerma; Part Three

Misdirection of Attention - Another Magic Show Technique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQJP40PcGI&eurl=http://www.lermanet.com/exit/FINAL.htm

Any questioning or inquiry by those being introduced to the Scientology mind control program is dealt with by careful and deliberate misdirection of attention onto many, many, little details; rundowns, actions, clay table training, and Training Routines, word clearing, etc. ad nauseam.

Scientology uses this identical pattern of misdirection of attention technique on judges as well as government officials, media and critics on the Internet. They baffle people with details that are meaningless, seeking to fixate on inconsequential details - all with one express intent and purpose, to ensure you miss the big picture.

"Ye shall know them by their acts"

It's just that these 'acts' are appropriate fare only in a carnival magic show.

"Reality" in Scientology is defined as "AGREEMENT". To maintain the apparency of this agreement critics must be silenced, especially anyone who points out how the trick is done. We are dealing with nothing more than a magic show...of global proportions.

One hell of a trick.

Gradients of Deception

So how does one, on a gentle gradient, slide a person from one 'reality' into a manufactured, and in the case of Scientology, a science fiction style, 'reality'?

By telling him many self evident truths.

With which he agrees, and nods his head.

Salesmanship books teach this technique but instructing the wanna-be high producer salesman to get the target's head nodding in assent.

A person will not believe a lie, if it is stated alone.

You must CLOAK the lie you are trying sell in truth.

So I tell you a self evident truth. You think, "Yes." I tell you another one and you think, "Yes," nodding your head at same time. I tell you another self evident truth. You think, "Yes."

I read you a bit of Aristotle. You think , "Yes," [ but I don't tell you this is Aristotle ].

I read you some Plato and you think, "Yes," [ but I don't tell you this is Plato ].

I read you some Freud. You think, "Yes," [ but I don't tell you this is Freud ].

By now you feel that I am very clever indeed!

This product has been SCIENTIFICALLY tested! You think, "Yes", because of the implication of the "also a lie" that "Hubbard was a Nuclear Physicist.

Then I read you my science fiction. You think, "Yes", [ but I don't tell you this is my old Science Fiction! ].

The world needs my collection of truths. You think, "Yes, if the prior is true, then this is OBVIOUSLY true too!"

I have these secret levels wherein I explain the secrets of the universe. You think, "Yes, if the prior is true, then this is OBVIOUSLY true too and a good idea. I wouldn't want to 'ruin 'my ability to receive this vast knowledge by doing something out of order".

I have the only bridge out. You think, "Yes, if the prior is true, then this is OBVIOUSLY true too!"

But you have to give me your money and your life. You think, "Yes, if the prior is true, then this is OBVIOUSLY true too!"

You are now in the jaws of the trap!

Oh and one more thing, you must not speak out about the things you find that are not right, or if you disagree at some point in the future, OK?

How much of my product do you want?

Congratulations, You have just been sold!

"What an astute, lucky man I am," you think, "Yes, indeed I am, I have found what I have been looking for all my life!"

You are now a Scientologist!

The Black Art of the Confidence Game

The Art of the "Con man" is the building confidence to gain the credibility needed to then get the money.

Now some might say, "Well this is just basic marketing" and indeed they are correct. Marketing is the art of creating "perceived value" but with one caveat - there is the assumption that the commodity in question in fact has some inherent intrinsic value to begin with.

In Scientology, the entirety of the effort is to create a sense of perceived value, starting with a perceived sense of Hubbard's genius and ability.Scientologists use a big chart, you will find it on the wall in any indoctrination center, called "The Gradation Chart." This document states, for example, that the 'ability gained' of attaining all of the courses available in Scientology up to "OT Level 8" will give you "Ability to be at cause, knowingly and at will over Thought, Life, Form, Matter, Energy, Space and Time subjective and objective."(Note 10)

Well, now, doesn't that sound like fun? Sure sounds like an effort to create perceived value here. But then if just one person ever atatined this, I would likely not be here to tell you these ugly truths.

The only intrinsic value of Scientology is the vast amount of money that an artfully engineered con game can extract from its targets. Much of this, to the tune of $26 million a year (Note 8) is fed to lawyers to ensure that the public at large will not find these things out until after they have exhausted all their money, ruined their lives, and now, penniless, try to fight a well financed legal machine!

What a brilliant scheme! By the time they find out what it is all about, if they are still capable of rational thought processes, they will likely be unable to defend themselves, so the lawyers can have a skeet shoot!

Last edited:

cinamingrl

Patron Meritorious
~~~

I can only add to IKTM's comment:

and you voted?

Yikes.

Again, where on this board did I say that I voted?

Can't find it, because it isn't there. You are changing the subject, bullbaiting me or just plain using a red herring. I presume you are implying that my political view or who you think I voted for, had something do do with this subject.

Last edited:

Pixie

Crusader
Obsessing over it, talking about it, reliving it, allowing it to become 99.9% of what you think about, is being enslaved be your own insanity.

Again, think outside the box.:no:

This is an interesting post, and having read it several times, I realized it could well be applied to almost any negative any situation. If we obsess over our futures for example, worry about it, go over and over how things could all go wrong and hence obsess about it, it will enslave us. Yes, it's time to think outside the box for a change.

Good post. :thumbsup:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is an interesting post, and having read it several times, I realized it could well be applied to almost any negative any situation. If we obsess over our futures for example, worry about it, go over and over how things could all go wrong and hence obsess about it, it will enslave us. Yes, it's time to think outside the box for a change.

Good post. :thumbsup:

This is good.

So let's do that.

Now, what would some ideas of 'thinking outside the box' be??

Last edited:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
The thing is KV, one has to be aware, and realize, that one is already in a box before they can possibly think outside of it.

Thats good too.

That's the subject of this thread.

How would one go about being aware of that? And realizing that?

Pixie

Crusader
Could be. Yes. I like it. But that could become an obsession too, no?

Anyone can become obsessed about anything, not just the cult and it's effects. People get obsessed about all sorts of things. It's part of the human experience to move in and out of different realities and be willing to accept all sorts of different identities. Being obsessed is just one of them. It's only in it's resistance that the trouble starts.

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
I must go CLEAN out my closet.

CAUTION! Cleaning a closet is like reaching into a ladies purse! You NEVER know what is in there!

My walk-in closet is a black hole :yes: . I am sure of this. One must enter with extreme caution!