The Ballad of Slappy Miscavige

Div6

Crusader
Are you an OSA tool?

This kind of "message " is inappropriate and offensive. It only serves the OSA masters to paint its critics with the "black" paintbrush.

Please. Fuck off.

Are you an OSA tool?

This kind of "message " is inappropriate and offensive. It only serves the OSA masters to paint its critics with the "black" paintbrush.

Please. Fuck off.

Hang on a second whilst I pick up your rattle.......

OK. Now what's your problem specifically? Are you saying Hubbard wasn't racist? Are you saying he didn't beat his wife, or take drugs, or wasn't a convicted criminal? Is that what your beef is about? Or are you one of those people who had a sense of humour bypass and thinks the video maker's joke about Miscavige shooting himself are deadly serious? You know what humour is, right? If it exists, perhaps your opinion of what constitutes humour is different from mine? Please forgive me if I don't share your obviously perfect personality credentials. Maybe I should be more careful about my bad judgement? I could end up becoming a Scientologist. That would be rather foolish, wouldn't it?

When you've finished stomping your feet in the corner with your arms crossed, please do let me know specifically what about this video offends you. I'm curious.

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
1. Cheesy unoriginal sound track. Looped, with no dynamic range.
2. Conceptually flawed. Attempts to degrade a target through failed humor while forwarding a message of hatred.
3. Has no redeeming value outside whatever "lulz" you had in creating it.

UNLESS, the idea here is to paint the "Ex" community as bigots, and people motivated by hate. THAT is right out of the Scilon playbook. They can't HANDLE Anonymous as there is too much truth in theior message. So what they can do is DEGRADE the Ex\Anon scene by making them look like people with sick senses of humor and\or dominated by hate. And that is IN FACT what Scn is currently attempting to do....position Anonymous as a hate group.

Here is what Flubbard had to say:

"SCENES
The PR deals in three scenes.
The EXISTING SCENE is what is really there.
In white PR the idealized scene is the way he wants the scene to be praised by a public. In black PR the degraded scene is the way he wants the scene to be condemned by a public.
He can actually raise a scene by idealizing it or degrade a scene by condemning it. At times he condemns the bad to idealize the good.
He must know all three scenes whatever he is doing with PR. He must have the scene he wants clearly in view and project it so that it is accepted.
He is lucky when he has a near-ideal scene to idealize or a near-degraded scene to degrade as then he closely approaches the existing scene and is dealing in truth with only changes in emphasis."

So tell me, what was your thought process, your concept in producing this thing? What are you trying to idealize? (or degrade)? Why? What message were you trying to communicate? Did you achieve it?

And to further highlight my point, here is an example of which way the wind is blowing IRL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/north_yorkshire/8144366.stm

I am simply saying that I do not think ESMB is the appropriate forum for this video.

Last edited:
So tell me, what was your thought process, your concept in producing this thing?

I didn't. I just posted the link.

1. Cheesy unoriginal sound track. Looped, with no dynamic range.

I'll make sure that Andrew Lloyd-Webber is consulted at every stage the next time. I didn't realise that critical videos were having their soundtracks critically reviewed. You must let me know where all this stuff is being written about. And by the way, the soundtrack wasn't looped. It is identical to the original (The Ballad of Jed Clampett) as far as I can make out. I checked before posting this. I suggest you take up your beef about the music with Flatt & Scruggs, or rather Earl Scruggs, as Flatt was still dead the last time I checked.

Conceptually flawed. Attempts to degrade a target through failed humor while forwarding a message of hatred.

That's your lone opinion, even though it's wrong. I, and many others, found it humorous and the target degraded pretty well.

UNLESS, the idea here is to paint the "Ex" community as bigots, and people motivated by hate.

A hatred for LRH and Miscavige perhaps, I'll give you that, but the religion? I don't think so. Motivated by hate? That's the kind of statement I usually only see Scientologists making.

And that is IN FACT what Scn is currently attempting to do....position Anonymous as a hate group.

They'd do that regardless of any video efforts produced by Anonymous as you well know. They have been vilifying critics as hate-mongers long before YouTube was a distant nightmare for the cult.

What are you trying to idealize? (or degrade)? Why? What message were you trying to communicate? Did you achieve it?

See my 1st sentence. Personally I see it as trying to degrade the current megalomaniacal leader of the cult, which is, in my humble opinion, no bad thing. You'll find this sort of stuff has gone on throughout history, the Allies treatment of a certain Mr. Hitler being a perfect example. Yes, I think the O/P achieved that perfectly. My personal opinion of David Miscavige? I think he's a vicious, lying little rat-bastard, who I would have zero hesitation in smacking in the mouth were I given a chance to do so. Hubbard? The scamming fraudster didn't croak a moment too soon. It's a crying shame that he didn't die rotting in prison. If that kind of talk doesn't help Anonymous, screw 'em. It's my personal opinion (as is yours of that video) and I'm entitled to express it.

Last edited: