The beauty of life

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dearest Neo,
I sit here feeling so contented & privileged. Your words have just moved & inspired me. Scarlett, dear sweet Scarlett - bless her! She is so endowed with pure love. Look at how she has inspired so many of us who have read your story Neo? :blowkiss: to Scarlett.

This thread has so much excellent info within it. It is a hugely healing thread.

Something you said Neo which rang very true with me. You said that truth has, in your experience, a way of making itself known. Ain't that right! And often in the least expected way & at the least expected times.

The past few years I've had some major crap coming at me - down on the knees stuff - found myself begging for calm stuff - but each time I found a tiny little place where some light was shining and I got back up on my feet and kept walking. Somewhere in those dark times, I always found some truth, some reason to make tomorrow a better day. The truth is free & it is all around us. I just had to learn how to stand still and be present enough to let the truth in. And I ain't talking about those things known as "TR's". I am talking about something much much higher than that.

I'm talking about the beauty in every moment of every day. Looking into some strangers eyes and connecting. I'm talking about the woman who took my hand to help me cross a busy road because she simply loved me. I don't even know her name. I'm talking about opening one's heart and feeling what there is to feel. Being in the moment so sincerely, so freely, that the wonder just pours in. I'm talking about the people I've had the pure pleasure of meeting these past few years who have given me more than I can begin to comprehend. I'm talking about truth existing without any attachments - none. No years of studying expensive courses or undergoing robotic auditing off some rote list of prepared questions. I'm talking about freedom that is not known in scientology and never will be.

I cry as I write this with the power of the joy and the realisation of how extraordinarily lucky I am. How my life took me to a place where I could see the truth, feel the truth. Part of that is being here on this modern internet message board. This truth also came into my life. It is helping me learn and grow so very much.

So yep Neo, the truth sure has a divine way of making itself known. :rose:

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
As an addendum to the last post, I forgot to add the following story. It highlights an example of someone in the Church getting it right (shhhh, don't tell anyone or they'll get sent to cramming, LOL). It was actually the biggest win I had in Scientology. And it was a simple little ack, with a lot of intention behind it. It had nothing to do with the way it was delivered, it just said the right thing at the right time - it was what I needed to hear, and it showed me that the person involved actually 'got me'.

I was at the examiners after spending a long time on the Purif. I had been to the examiners for the first time, and got through ok - attest to the completion, etc. But I couldn't get through the second part. Do you want others to have a similar win. Sure, of course. But nothing. On the fourth attempt, the examiner read out an acknowledgment from the Snr C/S that handled some issues I clearly had attention stuck on. The Purif had been hell. It lasted 93 days, and some things came up (mental image pictures) that had me somewhat confused. These had been taken up in a correction list. But I was still a bit puzzled by the experience.

The Snr C/S acked this, simply, but directly. I still recall the feeling I had when those words entered my awareness - like a drill going into my head. Wow, she's talking to me, the Snr C/S is talking to me, LOL.

It was the intention behind the words, and they weren't delivered with any force. Perhaps that's true Tone 40, but like I said I rarely saw it. But this was one time I did.

:)

diablo

Patron
Thank you so much for this :). On this days events like this one remember me goodness is all arround us, just need to see it well. Thank you so much.

Neo

Dearest Neo,
I sit here feeling so contented & privileged. Your words have just moved & inspired me. Scarlett, dear sweet Scarlett - bless her! She is so endowed with pure love. Look at how she has inspired so many of us who have read your story Neo? :blowkiss: to Scarlett.

This thread has so much excellent info within it. It is a hugely healing thread.

Thank you. It has been that way for me. Wasn't sure how it would translate, but I am glad it has. I wanted to give Scarlett the credit that she deserved.

Something you said Neo which rang very true with me. You said that truth has, in your experience, a way of making itself known. Ain't that right! And often in the least expected way & at the least expected times.

Yes, and sometimes like a sledgehammer over the head, and sometimes like a leaf from a tree, just drifting down in its own time, LOL. I usually get the first when I ignore the second.

The past few years I've had some major crap coming at me - down on the knees stuff - found myself begging for calm stuff - but each time I found a tiny little place where some light was shining and I got back up on my feet and kept walking. Somewhere in those dark times, I always found some truth, some reason to make tomorrow a better day. The truth is free & it is all around us. I just had to learn how to stand still and be present enough to let the truth in. And I ain't talking about those things known as "TR's". I am talking about something much much higher than that.

I'm talking about the beauty in every moment of every day. Looking into some strangers eyes and connecting. I'm talking about the woman who took my hand to help me cross a busy road because she simply loved me. I don't even know her name. I'm talking about opening one's heart and feeling what there is to feel. Being in the moment so sincerely, so freely, that the wonder just pours in. I'm talking about the people I've had the pure pleasure of meeting these past few years who have given me more than I can begin to comprehend. I'm talking about truth existing without any attachments - none. No years of studying expensive courses or undergoing robotic auditing off some rote list of prepared questions. I'm talking about freedom that is not known in scientology and never will be.

Thank you for sharing this. I know the feeling - just stopping and observing and being present. I never had the time for this in the Co$, how tragic, LOL.

I cry as I write this with the power of the joy and the realisation of how extraordinarily lucky I am. How my life took me to a place where I could see the truth, feel the truth. Part of that is being here on this modern internet message board. This truth also came into my life. It is helping me learn and grow so very much.

So yep Neo, the truth sure has a divine way of making itself known. :rose:

:happydance:

I leave you with my short poetic rambling
(something I wrote some time ago, which may - or may not - speak to others):

Echoes of a time not quite known
Lovers in a place all their own
Religions of regret
Helplessly we met
So what are we, if nothing yet?
Into the flow of time
Entered the words of mine
Silently you moved
Through the regions of my sight
Unsure, unaware
Watching you learn to be yourself

Wisened One

Crusader
MMM, Neo. another well-written and beautiful post!

THAT'S the way Scn should have always been used....to really and honestly HELP another being, you know?

*sigh*

Neo

MMM, Neo. another well-written and beautiful post!

THAT'S the way Scn should have always been used....to really and honestly HELP another being, you know?

*sigh*

Thanks, Wisened One :)

Scn held so much potential. The more I read about LRH, the less I care to give that potential my time. Still it was a major part of my life, so I continue to fossick around for things of worth.

Neo

From A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle:

Underneath the surface appearance, everything is not only connected with everything else, but also with the Source of all life out of which it came. Even a stone, and more easily a flower or a bird, could show you the way back to God, to the Source, to yourself. When you look at it or hold it and let it be without imposing a word or mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder, arises within you. It's essence silently communicates itself to you and reflects your own essence back to you.

I read this and was struck by how much this reminded me of the first post about Scarlett. 'Let it be, without imposing a word or mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder, arises within you'. This is exactly what happened. Scarlett, and the power of that moment overcame my normal figure figure mentality. I was completely out of answers, solutions. I shut up, even internally, long enough for me to experience this sense of awe that Tolle speaks of.

From the same book:

At that moment of detachment from my mind, I laughed out loud. It may have sounded insane, but it was the laughter of sanity, the laughter of the big-bellied Buddha. "Life isn't as serious as my mind makes it out to be." That's what the laughter seemed to be saying.

This was me when I had the above realisation. I loved my figure figure. It was generally a source of comfort to me. It wasn't particularly helpful, but it was a 'known' in my life, and kept me away from unknowns. It's like mentally driving around the same round about, ad-infinitum, LOL. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we...

Oh wait, this looks like my exit. Driving without a map.

:p

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
From A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle:

Underneath the surface appearance, everything is not only connected with everything else, but also with the Source of all life out of which it came. Even a stone, and more easily a flower or a bird, could show you the way back to God, to the Source, to yourself. When you look at it or hold it and let it be without imposing a word or mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder, arises within you. It's essence silently communicates itself to you and reflects your own essence back to you.

I read this and was struck by how much this reminded me of the first post about Scarlett. 'Let it be, without imposing a word or mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder, arises within you'. This is exactly what happened. Scarlett, and the power of that moment overcame my normal figure figure mentality. I was completely out of answers, solutions. I shut up, even internally, long enough for me to experience this sense of awe that Tolle speaks of.

From the same book:

At that moment of detachment from my mind, I laughed out loud. It may have sounded insane, but it was the laughter of sanity, the laughter of the big-bellied Buddha. "Life isn't as serious as my mind makes it out to be." That's what the laughter seemed to be saying.

This was me when I had the above realisation. I loved my figure figure. It was generally a source of comfort to me. It wasn't particularly helpful, but it was a 'known' in my life, and kept me away from unknowns. It's like mentally driving around the same round about, ad-infinitum, LOL. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we...

Oh wait, this looks like my exit. Driving without a map.

:p

Well said! I know that exact state of mentally driving round that same bend, over & over again. This describes it very well.

I loved your "poetic ramblings" by the way! :)

Neo

Speak to us of Love

From 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran
(public domain publication)

THEN said Almitra, Speak to us of Love.
And he raised his head and looked upon the people, and there fell a stillness upon them. And with a great voice he said:
When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And When his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
And When he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.
Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
He threshes you to make you naked.
He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness.
He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God’s sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life’s heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love’s peace and love’s pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love’s threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, “God is in my heart,” but rather, “I am in the heart of God.”
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love’s ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

Neo

Speak to us of Beauty

AND a poet said, Speak to us of Beauty.
And he answered:
Where shall you seek beauty, and how shall you find her unless she herself be your way and your guide?
And how shall you speak of her except she be the weaver of your speech?

The aggrieved and the injured say, “Beauty is kind and gentle.
“Like a young mother half-shy of her own glory she walks among us.”
And the passionate say, “Nay, beauty is a thing of might and dread.
“Like the tempest she shakes the earth beneath us and the sky above us.”

The tired and the weary say, “Beauty is of soft whisperings.
“She speaks in our spirit.
“Her voice yields to our silences like a faint light that quivers in fear of the shadow.”
But the restless say, “We have heard her shouting among the mountains,
“And with her cries came the sound of hoofs, and the beating of wings and the roaring of lions.”

At night the watchmen of the city say, “Beauty shall rise with the dawn from the east.”
And at noontide the toilers and the wayfarers say, “We have seen her leaning over the earth from the windows of the sunset.”

In winter say the snow-bound, “She shall come with the spring leaping upon the hills.”
And in the summer heat the reapers say, “We have seen her dancing with the autumn leaves, and we saw a drift of snow in her hair.”
All these things have you said of beauty,
Yet in truth you spoke not of her but of needs unsatisfied,
And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy.
It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth,
But rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.
It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear,
But rather an image you see though you close your eyes and a song you hear though you shut your ears.
It is not the sap within the furrowed bark, nor a wing attached to a claw,
But rather a garden for ever in bloom and a flock of angels for ever in flight.

People of Orphalese, beauty is life when life unveils her holy face.
But you are life and you are the veil.
Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
But you are eternity and you are the mirror.

Neo

Speak to us of Children

For the child in all of us, but especially for those that experienced the hurt and confusion of abuse:
:heartflower:

AND a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, Speak to us of Children.
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of to-morrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the Archer’s hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Sharone Stainforth

And he said:

For their souls dwell in the house of to-morrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Thats Lovely Neo,and oh so true.

Neo

Allow me a moment of self indulgence :D

Lost In A Moment

46B2.jpg

Have a great day, y'all

Pixie

Crusader
For the child in all of us, but especially for those that experienced the hurt and confusion of abuse:
:heartflower:

And he said:

Neo that's so so beautiful and so very true. :yes: Thank you for that inspiration. :kiss:

byte301

Crusader
Neo,
Your story about Scarlett touched me deeply. While I did my short stint in the SO a relative of mine gave birth to a little girl. The baby was named Stephanie and was born with Down's Syndrome. I was upset about the news and was told by a staffer that Stephanie "pulled it in." Stephanie is a beautiful being and continues to teach those around her that every life is important on so many different levels.

That $cientology would take our best intentions and turn us into people who can dismiss any responsibility for those less fortunate or different then us is something I cannot forgive. To de-humanize people to the point where they feel no compassion or empathy is the greatest evil. This leads to concentration camps and mass murder.

I still have a button from $cientology that says, "Living is an art. Master it!"
It is heartbreaking that $cientology isn't about actually doing anything except trying to make money and monsters.

Neo

Desiderata

Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Pixie

Crusader
I love this one Neo and have the poster on my wall in my bedroom. Wiser words I've yet to find. Thanks, you are a star. :hug:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you Neo. This is a beautiful post. I loved your story and your poem and quotes of others. I have wondered what Tolle's book was about but have not had a chance to pursue it, so I appreciated the quotes from it. I also loved Desiderata. I agree this post is very healing. I have also returned to my art and writing in the past few months for the first time in decades. It is posts like these that help me to see I'm not alone! :thankyou:

FinallyMe

I believe that we each obtain what we need at the time that we need it, and your post, Neo, is spot-on. I lost the framed print I used to have of the Desiderata and actually forgot about it -- until today, when, coincidentally, I REALLY needed to hear again what it says. THANK YOU!