What's new

The beauty of life

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
OSA-free thread!

With all the craziness going on at the moment, some of which I understand, and some I don't, I thought I would give this thread a bump. Maybe some of the newer members here haven't read it. It talks about love, life, and beauty, so you can feel assured that OSA wont be trolling around here :D

I am rereading "The Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle:

"Pain can only feed on pain. Pain cannot feed on joy. It finds it quite indigestible." (page 31)

"Life is Now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be. Secondly, the Now is the only point that can take you beyond the limited confines of the mind. It is your only point of access into the timeless and formless realm of Being." (page 41)

"In the Now, in the absence of time, all your problems dissolve. Suffering needs time; it cannot survive in the Now." (page 43)

Meditate on that (or not!).

Neo

Pixie

Crusader
Thanks for this reminder Neo, it's very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Oh and one more thing... :drool:

Sorry, I couldn't resist, it's been a while... :coolwink:

:D

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
With all the craziness going on at the moment, some of which I understand, and some I don't, I thought I would give this thread a bump. Maybe some of the newer members here haven't read it. It talks about love, life, and beauty, so you can feel assured that OSA wont be trolling around here :D
:)

I am rereading "The Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle:

"Pain can only feed on pain. Pain cannot feed on joy. It finds it quite indigestible." (page 31)

"Life is Now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be. Secondly, the Now is the only point that can take you beyond the limited confines of the mind. It is your only point of access into the timeless and formless realm of Being." (page 41)

"In the Now, in the absence of time, all your problems dissolve. Suffering needs time; it cannot survive in the Now." (page 43)

Meditate on that (or not!).

Neo
Hi Neo,
I'm glad you bumped this, if only to say that I read your story on the internet some time ago. I was very touched, but was too new to this board to feel comfortable posting at that time (I can't believe a third star just popped up by my name!!) Now I would like to thank you very much for writing this. I know what you mean about losing connection to people. I was uncomfortable around friends, relatives and co-workers, I felt "different" from them. After I was out I was taking a walk near my house and saw this little girl in the most adorable little "car," and a woman (presumably her mother) was on the grass next to her doing something. I stopped to see and saw she was rescuing the tiniest little kitten. She had washed it off, and it looked like hell, but I stood talking to them for a while and as she got the kitten dry it just fluffed up into the cutest little thing. After a while, the kid's "other mom" :omg: came out of the house, and the 3 of us got to chatting for quite a while. This would sound to anybody else like a normal every day experience that they wouldn't give a second thought to, but I was totally blissed out talking to them. I was high on the beautiful day, the freedom to take a simple walk around the neighborhood, to see a kitten rescued, to watch that little girl in the most adorable toy car ever, and to feel love from total strangers just because I was a person that walked by. I was struck at that moment that I can love people just because we are all walking on the same planet. We are connected. Reading your story helped me realize I was not alone in losing that connection, or in getting it back. :)

I am also reading an Eckhart Tolle book. Those are great quotes. Ceedia, read especially the bolded one (it relates to what I wrote on the thread you posted tonight).

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Neo,

Thank you for this inspirational and elegant composition.

Your writing is very powerful,it kicks doors wide open and yet softly whispers a truth that deeply resonates....

Write a book--you have a way with words.:thumbsup:

Telepathetic

Neo,
You story taught me more than everything I learned in Scientology. Better yet, it untaught me what I thought was useful. Thanks for bumping this. I never saw it the first time.
But realize this: it took wonderful people, you and Scarlett, to catch that moment and relay it to us. I wonder how many other babies with the twinkle in their eyes and unconditional love go unnoticed in our everyday lives.
Many of us may be overlooking life itself.
I'll be on the lookout for them now.
Thanks.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Neo

From "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, (page 2):

The Buddha is said to have given a "silent sermon" once during which he held up a flower and gazed at it. After a while, one of those present, a monk called Mahakasyapa, began to smile. He is said to have been the only one who had understood the sermon. According to legend, that smile (that is to say, realization) was handed down by twenty-eight successive masters and much later became the origin of Zen.

Seeing beauty in a flower could awaken humans, however briefly, to the beauty that is an essential part of their own innermost being, their true nature. The first recognition of beauty was one of the most significant events in the evolution of human consciousness. The feelings of joy and love are intrinsically connected to that recognition.

Neo

Neo

Truth Is A Pathless Land

In 1999 I wrote the following short poem:

I have looked with eyes wide open
Still unable to see
I have questioned the heart of another
And found that I was questioning me

Life has taught me in a most definite manner, that no matter what is happening physically in ones life, one still has the power of their own reaction. I understand that there are those who have been through far worse experiences than I have, so I don't wish to comment on that, but only on what I have experienced, and what it has taught me. Through a renewed study of Eckhard Tolle's work, and also Krishnamurti's, I have found it easier to get my head out of the clouds, and back down to earth, to the here and now, where life is happening.

It actually feels like, perhaps for the first time, I am no longer "searching" and am just being. And that beingness isn't without its problems! There are bad days as well as good days. But this brings me back to my point about reactions.

Some days I find myself dwelling on the cancer experience, and allowing the experts and their statistical probabilities regarding potential lifespan blacken my day. It happens. But then I remember that life is now. It is no other time than now. So then I communicate to the environment that I am a part of, not the one in my head, in my past.

Some days I get stuck in the uncertainties of it all. I see others, such as children, going through painful circumstances, and feel powerless to help. Them and myself. I have learnt not to run away from this feeling. This is life. It hurts more when you run away.

And then some days everything goes right. Intuition and synchronicity make themselves known. On these days I don't seem to care about the past. I'm not even trying not to. It just happens. Sometimes I wish that all days could be like this. Then I wonder if they were, would I have had the experiences that taught me, through their ups and downs, that days like this are so wonderful?

These days I have the least amount of attention on the CoS than since leaving. Whilst previously I had my upsets with them, I don't feel this way now. I do see them for the organisation that they are. I guess, for me personally, I got tired of being a victimologist. Not regarding the CoS and my experiences there, but with life in general.

Life is now. This is what I have learnt.

From "Truth Is A Pathless Land" by Krishnamurti:

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of Truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then." said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to let him organize it."

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised; nor should any organisation be formed to lead or coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organise a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organise it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallised; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others.

This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it.

[...]

Again, you have the idea that only certain people hold the key to the Kingdom of Happiness. No one holds it. No one has the authority to hold that key. That key is your own self, and in the development and the purification and in the incorruptibility of that self alone is the Kingdom of Eternity.

So you will see how absurd is this whole structure that you have built, looking for external help, depending on others for your comfort, for your happiness, for your strength. These can only be found within yourself.

Neo

Pixie

Crusader
Truly wonderful post Neo!! :clap: Loved the story about the devil, it's so very true!!! The real truth can only be found within and happiness cannot ultimately be found outside oneself. Yes Tolle is great isn't he. I love your posts Neo, they are so very real and so very human...:hug:

Neo

Truly wonderful post Neo!! :clap: Loved the story about the devil, it's so very true!!! The real truth can only be found within and happiness cannot ultimately be found outside oneself. Yes Tolle is great isn't he. I love your posts Neo, they are so very real and so very human...:hug:

Thank you, Pixie :)

Tim Skog

Wonderful post Neo. Isn't there a Bible quote that has this basic concept -- something to the effect (not verbatim): "the truth is within you and it will set you free."

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I've found that Scn has done much so that I could attune myself to the beauty of life. It's not the only thing that does but I think I got the most of of that particular method. I think the cultic milieu in CofS obscures anything good or pleasant that they teach in the "tech" and that leads to people who leave not wanting to be involved in the subjecct in any way, shape or form. Fortunately for everyone, there are many wonderful philosophies and modes of thought out there and even if a person didn't want to be involved in ANY of these, just everyday life outside the cult has so many pleasures and freedoms. It's nice to rediscover those. Life in the cult can be an extremely grim affair. Even if one is public, there's still this sense of trying to fit to THEM, it's like being a square peg.

Markus

What a wonderful story Neo

You hit the point exactly.

Such heartless stuff as my brothers (Uwe Stuckenbrock) fate is the idea of the CoS for a better world - oh my God how stupid and ruthless they are. Not knowing anything about life and absolutly nothing about love.
You must know -I'm working as a medical orderly in a home for handicapped people for about 18 Years now. And I unfortunately have to tell this ignorant "Homo Novuses" in Scientology that I have learned a lot about love and life of this persons. For me they are very very worthy human beings. Much more worth than any OT who does not know anything about live and love and does such cruel things against human beings like they did to my brother and many many other people who trusted them.
It is always like a wonder for me again and again how handicapped persons comunicate on a very straight way without needing any words or disturbing thoughts between the beings. Theres just a smile, a tender touch, a hugh or a kiss and you feel their strong love for you and for life very clearly. You really can feel yourself at home with them. Exactly the opposite you experience in the "Church of Scientology".

Thank you for posting your wonderful story and may you please hold the little finger of your nice once for me. And enjoy your life without suppression now.

Very best wishes

Markus

quietheart

Patron Meritorious
This is a really amazing thread, thank you for sharing such a wonderful story and all the beautiful poetry. I thought I might suggest something for when Scarlet gets older if you don't mind. Since she is deaf and almost completely blind you might want to check into Australian Sign language, you are an Aussie right. I learned about signing in the persons hand from reading about Helen Keller. I am going deaf and use American Sign with my kids if I don't understand something, such as at church or the store. I don't know what advances have been made over the years, but I'm confident you and your family will do everything in your power to make sure this special little girl has her "voice". I'm so glad for all of you that you have each other. I was actually encouraged to abort my youngest girl when the first test for downs I had showed that she could have it, I refused no matter what and am fortunate to have an amazing young lady now who turned out to be 100% healthy. No one dared suggest abortion when I had pneumonia with my son. He does have developmental delays due to fetal brain damage, I feel I'm simply so lucky to have my "little man" and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. Thank you again for starting this thread, I really wish I'd found it over the summer, but oh well.
:bighug:
Es