What's new

The Catholic Church has TAKEN THE GLOVES OFF!!!!!

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
Wow! This is unbelievable ..... another article from the Catholic Church exposing the cult of Scientology!!!!! It is a fantastic article, and it even discusses that per the cult's scriptures, that God & Jesus didn't really exist....just implants from a movie. Thank goodness the truth about this wacko cult is starting to be publicized.

INCREDIBLE!!!

The sleeping bear has awaken....and it is MAD!!!!:omg::omg::omg:

Here's the website, still plenty of room for comments!

http://www.catholic.org/comments.php?cs=1&id=35391

Scientology: God and Jesus created from a movie?
By Michael Galloway
2/10/2010

Catholic Online

The centerpiece of the vast “Space Opera” mythology that the Scientology belief system is based on is the story of Xenu.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The Church of Scientology was founded in 1953 by science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard as an extension of his self-help book Dianetics. That book claimed that all of a person’s psychological problems can be traced back to unconscious traumatic memories. Scientology teaches that those traumas were actually experienced by (or implanted into) the thousands of alien spirits that have possessed each person’s body. The eventual goal of a Scientologist is to purge those alien spirits in order to achieve what is known as the “State of Clear.”

The centerpiece of the vast “Space Opera” mythology that the Scientology belief system is based on is the story of Xenu, which Hubbard authored in 1967 under the title “OT III“. The story was kept secret from the public and from low-level Church members until it was entered as evidence in a 1985 court case and subsequently revealed by the Los Angeles Times.

About 75 million years ago, Xenu was the alien ruler of the Galactic Confederacy, which consisted of 76 planets, including Earth (known then as “Teegeeack”). Each planet was home to an average of 178 billion people. In order to deal with this critical overpopulation, Xenu recruited psychologists to bring billions of people in for what they were told would be income tax inspections. Those people were then injected with a paralyzing solution and loaded on space planes which looked very much like the 1960s-era Douglas DC-8, then flown to planet Earth, and then stacked around the bases of volcanoes such as Loa, Vesuvius, Shasta, Washington, Fujiyama, Etna, and many others. Xenu lowered hydrogen bombs into the volcanoes and detonated them, killing everyone.

However, the billions of disembodied alien souls (known as “Thetans” in Scientology-speak) began to float around on the nuclear winds, and Xenu worried that they would try to come back for revenge. So he captured all of the souls using special “sticky” electronic beams, loaded them into boxes, took them to huge cinemas, and made them watch 3-D propaganda films designed to confuse them by implanting all sorts of preposterous ideas about God, the Devil, and Jesus Christ, among others. When the films were over, these confused souls thought they were all the same person and therefore clustered together by the thousands. And each cluster of thousands eventually inhabited one of the few remaining living bodies on earth.

Scientology teaches that you and I, until we have achieved the State of Clear, are to this day still being controlled by the traumas and propaganda that were fed to these body thetans by Xenu (including our belief in God and Jesus Christ), and will continue to be controlled until we have taken the many levels of expensive “auditing” courses offered by the Church that are designed to set us free. The final level of training, OT VIII, also known as “The Truth Revealed”, can only take place on Scientology’s luxury cruise ship, the Freewinds. It costs $10,000.

--------
Michael Galloway is the Founder and Publisher of Catholic Online

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is soooo sweet.:yes:

The "world's fastest growing religion" meets its match in the West's oldest and probably wealthiest Christian religion.:happydance:

Let's see OSAspin on this please - I just can't wait for Tommy D to start talking about the hits from this source. :woohoo:

Spirited

Patron with Honors
Hmm war of religions!
I know that the CofS have some pretty wacko bullshit in their stuff and Its not my go but this is a little bit of a "pot calling the kettle black" thing going on here as the catholic church has some pretty "interesting" stuff in their scriptures too IMO.
Both make plenty of claims that neither of them can prove.

Mystic

Crusader
I'm talking from memory on this, but I seem to remember back when Greece raided the cult implant station in Greece and grabbed a mess of GO or OSA documents, one of those docs pointed at the head of the Greek Ortho. Church as a 'target". Very unwise.

The Greeks eventually kicked the cult out of their country. I do not know the present status of the cult in Greece.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
catholic vs scieno

The Catholic church has its share of skeletons that it would prefer to keep in the closet, just like Cof$. The Catholic church has its own intel dept., it is known as the Jesuit order, and, specifically, there are special units within the Jesuit order ... they actually put OSA to shame. The Catholic church has its share of rituals that may seem whacky, just like Cof$. The Catholic church has excommunication, just as Cof$ has suppressive declares. The Catholic church has some serious real estate holdings, just like Cof$. The Catholic church is a top down structure, with one man at the top, i.e., the Pope, Cof$ has its COB. I could go on and on with comparisons.

UNLIKE Cof$ ... if someone was considering becoming a Catholic ... he would have full disclosure as to all of the beliefs up front. He would NOT be expected to donate, donate, donate. No redges would hound his ass. He would not have to be a member of a Catholic fraternity, such as the Knights of Columbus or Opus Dei to be a Catholic in good standing, the way that IAS membership and donations is required of Scilons. A Catholic could go to confessional whenever he wants to, he need not purchase 12.5 hour blocks of confessional time. Again, I could go on and on. The bottom line ... someone walking into a Catholic church could get a full disclosure up front before deciding to join up, and that is the most important.

Pete

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
A couple of thoughts...

Has nobody noticed? The potential of about a billion newly informed AND outspoken critics of Scientology abuses is unfolding before your eyes...

This is not some 'small fry' incident. The potential magnitude of it is breathtaking.

I had a simple premonition that 2010 was going to outweigh 2009 in terms of events that would unfold that would not bode well for the Co$. This event here is the first HUGE sign that *that* is happening!

As an aside, something that is share worthy concerning my experiences with those who practice with the Catholic Religion.... I have a friend that is Catholic. His wife is A-religious. Their child goes to a private Catholic school. He attends church. They do not, nor are they pressured to do so. THAT is an example of true religious freedom. There is no comparison between the respect and acceptance this family shows towards each other and that of a Co$ 'religious' family. None. Period.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last I checked... the Co$ was still persona non grata in Greece.

From Wikipedia, today:

In the case "Attiki Prefecture vs KEPHE," the practice of Scientology was ordered ended in Greece.[22] An appeal to the Athenian Court of Appeals ended with a reaffirmation of the verdict.[23] The verdict was originally issued on December 20, 1995, but was not immediately put into effect. In January 1998 a Greek appeals court ordered Scientology's assets liquidated.[24] The appeals process came to its conclusion in 2002, when KEPHE ended its appeals.[citation needed]
According to the U.S. Department of State, Scientologists, who are mostly located in the Athens area, practice their faith through a registered non-profit civil-law organization.[25] Two laws from the 1930s require recognized or "known" religious groups wanting to open houses of worship to obtain "house of prayer" permits from the Ministry of Education and Religion.[26] There is no formal mechanism in Greece to gain recognition as a known religion.[26] By law, the Ministry may base its decision to issue permits on the opinion of the local Orthodox bishop; documentation provided to the Department of State by Scientology representatives and the Greek Orthodox Church indicated the Ministry did indeed consult with local bishops in some cases.[26] According to Ministry officials, applications for additional houses of prayer were numerous and approved routinely; however, Scientologists in Greece had not been able to register or build a house of prayer.[26]

I'm talking from memory on this, but I seem to remember back when Greece raided the cult implant station in Greece and grabbed a mess of GO or OSA documents, one of those docs pointed at the head of the Greek Ortho. Church as a 'target". Very unwise.

The Greeks eventually kicked the cult out of their country. I do not know the present status of the cult in Greece.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
The Catholic church has its share of skeletons that it would prefer to keep in the closet, just like Cof$. The Catholic church has its own intel dept., it is known as the Jesuit order, and, specifically, there are special units within the Jesuit order ... they actually put OSA to shame. The Catholic church has its share of rituals that may seem whacky, just like Cof$. The Catholic church has excommunication, just as Cof$ has suppressive declares. The Catholic church has some serious real estate holdings, just like Cof$. The Catholic church is a top down structure, with one man at the top, i.e., the Pope, Cof$ has its COB. I could go on and on with comparisons.

UNLIKE Cof$ ... if someone was considering becoming a Catholic ... he would have full disclosure as to all of the beliefs up front. He would NOT be expected to donate, donate, donate. No redges would hound his ass. He would not have to be a member of a Catholic fraternity, such as the Knights of Columbus or Opus Dei to be a Catholic in good standing, the way that IAS membership and donations is required of Scilons. A Catholic could go to confessional whenever he wants to, he need not purchase 12.5 hour blocks of confessional time. Again, I could go on and on. The bottom line ... someone walking into a Catholic church could get a full disclosure up front before deciding to join up, and that is the most important.

Pete

I was at the Vatican about two years ago and this dark suited guy (long dark flowing coat) with a black flat brimmed hat and a breifcase went through the room--very sinister precense and aura.
So he strides up to the locked glass door and a guard from inside Vatican City opens the door for him as he glides through without so much as a glance to the guard.
(A very self important prick-like attitude.)
I thought to myself, "Whoa...the Catholic equivalent of OSA has just blessed me with his precense."
Yup, I agree--they got em too.
It'll be interesting to watch this one come to a boil.....think I'll get myself a tall glass of Fukitol as Mystic says and go see my bookie to place some bets.

Last edited:

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Perhaps DM should put a phone call into Obama. He could break out the brewskis and have a Beer Summit for him, the Pope and DM.
They could settle their differences over a tall one.
After all, there's more than enough easy marks in this world for all of them.
Flourish and Prosper!

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Approved/Disapproved

Wow! This is unbelievable ..... another article from the Catholic Church exposing the cult of Scientology!!!!! It is a fantastic article, and it even discusses that per the cult's scriptures, that God & Jesus didn't really exist....just implants from a movie. Thank goodness the truth about this wacko cult is starting to be publicized.

INCREDIBLE!!!

The sleeping bear has awaken....and it is MAD!!!!:omg::omg::omg:

Here's the website, still plenty of room for comments!

Scientology: God and Jesus created from a movie?
By Michael Galloway
2/10/2010

Catholic Online

The centerpiece of the vast “Space Opera” mythology that the Scientology belief system is based on is the story of Xenu.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The Church of Scientology was founded in 1953 by science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard as an extension of his self-help book Dianetics. That book claimed that all of a person’s psychological problems can be traced back to unconscious traumatic memories. Scientology teaches that those traumas were actually experienced by (or implanted into) the thousands of alien spirits that have possessed each person’s body. The eventual goal of a Scientologist is to purge those alien spirits in order to achieve what is known as the “State of Clear.”

The centerpiece of the vast “Space Opera” mythology that the Scientology belief system is based on is the story of Xenu, which Hubbard authored in 1967 under the title “OT III“. The story was kept secret from the public and from low-level Church members until it was entered as evidence in a 1985 court case and subsequently revealed by the Los Angeles Times.

About 75 million years ago, Xenu was the alien ruler of the Galactic Confederacy, which consisted of 76 planets, including Earth (known then as “Teegeeack”). Each planet was home to an average of 178 billion people. In order to deal with this critical overpopulation, Xenu recruited psychologists to bring billions of people in for what they were told would be income tax inspections. Those people were then injected with a paralyzing solution and loaded on space planes which looked very much like the 1960s-era Douglas DC-8, then flown to planet Earth, and then stacked around the bases of volcanoes such as Loa, Vesuvius, Shasta, Washington, Fujiyama, Etna, and many others. Xenu lowered hydrogen bombs into the volcanoes and detonated them, killing everyone.

However, the billions of disembodied alien souls (known as “Thetans” in Scientology-speak) began to float around on the nuclear winds, and Xenu worried that they would try to come back for revenge. So he captured all of the souls using special “sticky” electronic beams, loaded them into boxes, took them to huge cinemas, and made them watch 3-D propaganda films designed to confuse them by implanting all sorts of preposterous ideas about God, the Devil, and Jesus Christ, among others. When the films were over, these confused souls thought they were all the same person and therefore clustered together by the thousands. And each cluster of thousands eventually inhabited one of the few remaining living bodies on earth.

Scientology teaches that you and I, until we have achieved the State of Clear, are to this day still being controlled by the traumas and propaganda that were fed to these body thetans by Xenu (including our belief in God and Jesus Christ), and will continue to be controlled until we have taken the many levels of expensive “auditing” courses offered by the Church that are designed to set us free. The final level of training, OT VIII, also known as “The Truth Revealed”, can only take place on Scientology’s luxury cruise ship, the Freewinds. It costs $10,000.

--------
Michael Galloway is the Founder and Publisher of Catholic Online

The Senior C/S just read the above and approved it for BPI. :yes::clap::thumbsup:

To be W/C'd M7, M9... and WTF other methods you squirrels have come up with, until it is flat, flat, flat and line charging is good, but not required.

This is OK! :coolwink:

EP

Tigger

Patron Meritorious
Catholic Online Addresses Comment Criticism

By Scientologists?????

By Randy Sly

"Our focus on the Church of Scientology did not come by pulling an arbitrary name out of a hat; they are, frankly, in the news. ..".

Editorial: Why the spotlight on Scientology? - Catholic Online

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=35407

Tigger

Disorder in the American courts:

ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?

WITNESS: Are you shitting me?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
A couple of thoughts...

Has nobody noticed? The potential of about a billion newly informed AND outspoken critics of Scientology abuses is unfolding before your eyes...

This is not some 'small fry' incident. The potential magnitude of it is breathtaking.

I had a simple premonition that 2010 was going to outweigh 2009 in terms of events that would unfold that would not bode well for the Co$. This event here is the first HUGE sign that *that* is happening!

As an aside, something that is share worthy concerning my experiences with those who practice with the Catholic Religion.... I have a friend that is Catholic. His wife is A-religious. Their child goes to a private Catholic school. He attends church. They do not, nor are they pressured to do so. THAT is an example of true religious freedom. There is no comparison between the respect and acceptance this family shows towards each other and that of a Co$ 'religious' family. None. Period.

I agree - thanks for your great post.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
In Defense of Catholicsim

Others have claimed the belief system of the Catholic church is as goofy as that of the Co$. I beg to differ.

When I left the Catholic church, they did not send anyone to try and return me to the fold.

When I explained my doubts to my pastor, he pointed out where he believed I went astray-then he prayed for me. I remain welcome and am free to attend any service I choose.

No one in my large extended Catholic family has ever disconnected from me.

I have never heard from any source that the leader of the Catholic religion (the pope) has ever engaged in the wide spread human abuses as those alleged against Miscavige. Further, those cases of abuse committed by members of this religion are not sanctioned by the "copyrighted scriptures" of the Catholic church. (I am not condoning the Catholic Church's cover-up of those crimes).

So for those that would accuse the Catholic Church of being a pot "calling the kettle black", think again. No one, including the Catholics, believe they are perfect. Show me one scientologist who believe that LRH (or DM) is NOT perfect.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> Scientology teaches that you and I, until we have achieved the State of Clear, are to this day still being controlled by the traumas and propaganda that were fed to these body thetans by Xenu (including our belief in God and Jesus Christ), and will continue to be controlled until we have taken the many levels of expensive “auditing” courses offered by the Church (of Scientology)</snip>
Nice to see this in this particular place.. That stinging insult has been there for many years. All the while Scientology has promoted itself as tolerant and respecting other religions..

Scientology itself does not tolerate critique, much less an insult like in the OTIII materials.

And BTW.. The Catholic Church's, and the whole Christian religion's, possible skeletons in their closets is of no interest to anybody but OSA at this juncture.

:yes:

byte301

Crusader
Others have claimed the belief system of the Catholic church is as goofy as that of the Co$. I beg to differ.

When I left the Catholic church, they did not send anyone to try and return me to the fold.

When I explained my doubts to my pastor, he pointed out where he believed I went astray-then he prayed for me. I remain welcome and am free to attend any service I choose.

No one in my large extended Catholic family has ever disconnected from me.

I have never heard from any source that the leader of the Catholic religion (the pope) has ever engaged in the wide spread human abuses as those alleged against Miscavige. Further, those cases of abuse committed by members of this religion are not sanctioned by the "copyrighted scriptures" of the Catholic church. (I am not condoning the Catholic Church's cover-up of those crimes).

So for those that would accuse the Catholic Church of being a pot "calling the kettle black", think again. No one, including the Catholics, believe they are perfect. Show me one scientologist who believe that LRH (or DM) is NOT perfect.

I agree. I've even known Catholics who were excommunicated but could still go to church (but not take Holy Communion) and their family members didn't have to disconnect from them.

Scilons are always throwing up Catholic "crimes" in arguments. Most of those crimes are centuries old. When the word got out about the priest pedophiles the parishoners protested. Not one of them was fair gamed or punished for speaking out against the Church on this issue.

There is a world of difference between the Catholics and the scilons. One being that Catholics belong to a REAL religion and scilons belong to a freaking cult.

And I don't think you could compare the Vatican to any Ideal Org. In fact you could take all the Ideal Orgs in the world and fit them in the Vatican with room to spare!:yes: