The Charge of the Scientology Brigade (Re: Ukraine, Slovakia)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Charge of the Scientology Brigade (Re: Ukraine, Slovakia).

Interesting. As discussed in other threads: (1) I know of no evidence that Arseniy Yatsenyuk, the acting prime minister of Ukraine, is
in fact a Scientologist; and (2) I know of very scant evidence that Andrej Kiska, the new president of Slovakia, is even associated with Scientology.

But we get this:

Strategic Culture Foundation: The Charge of the Scientology Brigade
http://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2014/04/01/the-charge-of-the-scientology-brigade.html

Excerpts:
by Wayne MADSEN

The almost simultaneous rise to power of Arseniy Yatsenyuk as the acting prime minister of Ukraine and Andrej Kiska as president of Slovakia has prompted fears that the secretive U.S.-based Church of Scientology is making a power grab in Central and Eastern Europe.
After the Western-financed coup against President Viktor Yanukovych’s government in Ukraine, information began to emerge that Yatsenyuk, the clear favorite of Washington neo-conservatives like Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, either dabbled in Scientology or was a full-fledge senior member of the cult, a position known as «Operating Thetan Level 6» or «OT-6».

Yatsenyuk and his sister, a resident of California, strongly denied any connection to Scientology. However, Yatsenyuk’s dealings with the cult go far beyond his admiration for movie actor Tom Cruise, a major benefactor for Scientology.

Some reports suggest that Yatsenyuk graduated from the Scientology «Dianetics» school in Kiev in 1998. Scientology maintains its main presence in Ukraine at 14 Ivana Mazepy Street in downtown Kiev next to St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. Yatsenyuk allegedly joined the religion while he was working as a consultant for Aval Bank. The bank, Ukraine’s fourth largest, was acquired by Raiffelsen Bank of Austria in 2005. Raiffelsen Bank has been linked to financial shakedowns of Scientology members in Germany. Yatsenyuk is also said to have joined the Sea Organization of Scientology, an elite unit within the sect, at the same time he began working for Aval Bank.

Yatsenyuk’s wife and children, as well as his sister, have resided in Santa Barbara, California. Yatsenyuk’s sister has strongly denied that she is an Operating Thetan-4 (OT-4) member of Scientology. However, there are reports that Yatsenyuk met in 2009 with Scientology leader David Miscavige in California.

Andrek Kiska, the newly-elected president of Slovakia, fended off charges from his opponent, Prime Minister Robert Fico, that the billionaire tycoon has ties to Scientology. The charges appear to have stemmed from the fact that Kiska’s autobiography was published by a company owned by Slovak Scientologists.

Kiska, responding to Fico’s allegations, filed a criminal libel complaint on March 18 against Fico. However, the litigious misuse of courts to fend off any charges brought against it is a hallmark of Scientology’s often ruthless attempts to stifle criticism of its actions.

Fico charged that Kiska and Scientology were trying to take over power in Slovakia. Fico’s charges correspond to those made by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the 1970s and 80s against the sect. Several Scientologists were caught infiltrating a number of U.S. federal agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Labor, Department of State, Food and Drug Administration, Atomic Energy Commission, the Selective Service System, Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Post Office, the U.S. U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Navy, and the Department of Justice. Several Scientologists were found to have stolen sensitive and classified government documents. In addition to the United States, Scientologists were discovered to have penetrated the upper echelons of the government of the province of Ontario in Canada, several Canadian police departments, the British Home Office, and the office of President Francois Mitterand of France. Scientology also attempted to gain influence in the governments of Australia, South Africa, and Rhodesia.

During the Slovak presidential campaign, Fico told the TASR Slovak wire service that in countries abroad Scientology «is often considered a security risk». Fico added, «even in Slovakia several firms have already lost their security clearances because of contacts with this sect». Fico was suspicious about Kiska’s total denial that he had any relationship with Scientology, «When I said that Mr. Kiska is close to the sect of Scientologists, I expected some statement; but he refuted everything». Fico stressed that Scientology is not a registered religion in Slovakia but that Kiska spent two years of his life engaged in Scientology activities. Fico stated, «Mr. Kiska knows the people of this sect, communicating with them, meet with them and cooperate with them. It really is a serious problem for this country, if a person who is connected to the sect of Scientologists, runs for president».

Fico never stopped hammering Kiska on the Scientology charges. Fico said Kiska’s entrepreneurial background was inseparable from his Scientology ties in that Kiska’s business success prompted the Scientologists to have Kiska lecture its members on his entrepreneurial skills at church events sponsored by the Hubbard School of Administration and the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE).

Kiska’s book was published by businessman and publisher, Ladislav Pavlik, who also owns a management school named after L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology’s founder. Pavlik also penned the prologue to Kiska’s autobiography, titled «Take Life Into Your Own Hands». Kiska, who admits he has «dabbled» with Judaism and Buddhism but is now a strong Catholic, later said he had no idea that «Paulie,» his name for Pavlik, was involved with Scientology.

It is noteworthy that Kiska’s lack of experience in politics sent shockwaves through Europe. Not only did Fico have the support of three previous Slovak presidents , Ivan Gašparovic, Rudolf Schuster and Michal Kovac , but he was also backed by Czech president, Milos Zeman and French President Francois Hollande. The negative reaction to Kiska may have stemmed from intelligence reports Fico’s Slovak and foreign supporters received about Kiska’s ties to Scientology, a cult that is eschewed throughout Europe as a fascist-like cult.

With major inroads in Ukraine and Slovakia, Scientology is now poised to achieve further political control, especially in countries that recognize the sect as a religion. These nations include Slovenia, Croatia, and Hungary. Scientology chief Miscavige has as his grand plan the establishment of a Holy Land for Scientology in the Balkans. Called «Bulgravia»(for BULgaria-GReece-Albania-YugoslaVIA), the super-state would comprise Bulgaria, Greece, Albania, and the former Yugoslavia.

The plans for Bulgravia were discovered in a police raid in Athens on a Scientology front called the Center of Applied Philosophy of Greece or KEPHE. Police gathered thousands of pages of documents and scores of floppy disks containing plans to establish Bulgravia with Albania as the first target because of its weak government structures and lack of development. «Project A» – for Albania – was developed by WISE, the same organization for which Kiska provided business lectures in Slovakia. The first Scientology target in Albania was public television. Other Scientology recruitment targets were Bosnian Muslim muftis and Bosnian President Alija Izetbegovic, along with the Croatian Democratic Party, a right-wing political party. The plan collapsed after the Greek police raid and the collapse of Scientology in Greece.

With two reputed Scientologists now at the helm in Kiev and Bratislava, the charge of the Scientology brigade to establish a «Greater Bulgravia» may well be underway.
Wayne MADSEN

Investigative journalist, author and syndicated columnist. Has some twenty years experience in security issues. As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He has been a frequent political and national security commentator on Fox News and has also appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, and MS-NBC. He has been invited to testify as a witness before the US House of Representatives, the UN Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, and an terrorism investigation panel of the French government. A member of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) and the National Press Club. Lives in Washington, D.C.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
If this is not true I will be very relieved.

If it is true then it pushes Scientology into a whole new global strategy. I don't believe it will work, since Scientology does not work in the sense of achieving what it promises and making things better but it could certainly work in terms of destabilising the region.

If there is one thing the Balkan does not need, it is Scientology.

However they are tough cookies.

As far as I remember (plus Google):

- the Ukraine is Orthodox
- Greece is Orthodox (and anti-Sci)
- Macedonia is Orthodox
- Bulgaria is Orthodox
- Serbia is Orthodox
- Slovenia is Catholic
- Croatia is Catholic
- Bosnia is Sunni Moslem, and so is Albania, Kosova and Turkey.

I hope DM knows what he is doing. But I doubt it.

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Really, does this level of competence match the Co$ we all know and love? Not since Snow White.

And it takes more than one person to run a country. Where we see evidence of real Co$ involvement is in France, where the fraud law was changed just for their conviction. Bribing a legislator gets them more bang for the buck and deniability. So what if Kiska is a $cientologist? Just what do the conspiracy theorists think he's going to do in the face of a hostile legislature? Sure they've tried to cosy up to him through WISE. Do you really think he bought it? No more than the Taiwanese politicos who give the Co$ face time to show how different the ROC is versus the PRC with regards to religious freedom.

Really, this a is a common pattern in Eastern Europe right now - some other dude in the Ukraine was being accused of belonging to the Church of God or some other nutty fundie denomination. It disturbs me. I had hoped one of the few good things Communism would have done would have been to remove the curse of religious interference from everyday life, but the Eastern Euros are running back and diving in to the whole pile of shit that made their lives so miserable before WWI.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
of for crying out loud do some research on the eejit that wrote the piece. Wayne Madsen? Headline from 2010 "Obama outed as CIA creation"??? The man is a toal plonker. Its no wonder he writes for a russian run "blogging site" This is crap worthy of alex jones in a drunken stupor.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Really, does this level of competence match the Co$ we all know and love? Not since Snow White.

And it takes more than one person to run a country. Where we see evidence of real Co$ involvement is in France, where the fraud law was changed just for their conviction. Bribing a legislator gets them more bang for the buck and deniability. So what if Kiska is a $cientologist? Just what do the conspiracy theorists think he's going to do in the face of a hostile legislature? Sure they've tried to cosy up to him through WISE. Do you really think he bought it? No more than the Taiwanese politicos who give the Co$ face time to show how different the ROC is versus the PRC with regards to religious freedom.

Really, this a is a common pattern in Eastern Europe right now - some other dude in the Ukraine was being accused of belonging to the Church of God or some other nutty fundie denomination. It disturbs me. I had hoped one of the few good things Communism would have done would have been to remove the curse of religious interference from everyday life, but the Eastern Euros are running back and diving in to the whole pile of shit that made their lives so miserable before WWI.

all true - at one time the Secretary General of OPEC was a scientologist (back when OPEC mattered) didn't see that this managed anything big and significant.

The wannabe writing the article knows nothing about Scientology - anyone who knows Scientology knows that it is inefficient and stupid. Even if they were to put one of their own in some position of power they would totally omit to pick any sort of organizational back up - because they never think of it and they have so few people - they forever follow Hubbard's ideal - the dictator and they think that by waving a magic wand thats all that is needed ("intention").

If Scientology were to take over running any country it would triple the rules and laws and halve the productivity in six month.

Terril park

Sponsor
If Scientology were to take over running any country it would triple the rules and laws and halve the productivity in six month.

such a kind view.

The OEC/FEBC is around 2 yards of shelf space of encyclopedia
sized rules and laws.

Then here is the eternal fighting of the rest of the org for ones
personal, stats.

Took them longer to halve productivity.

There was a time when expansion was excellent. Martin
Samuels missions had 3000 on the comm course a year.

Compare to the hushmail storks posting on Mike Rinders blog.

The productive guys, and possibility to produce have long gone.

CO$ is dying per Jillian Schlesinger.

and ESMB.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Tony Ortega wrote about this article yesterday

UPDATE: Before certain former Scientologists we won’t name get a chance to declare it revealed truth, we just want to note that well-known batshit-crazy conspiracy doofus Wayne Madsen has posted perhaps the single dumbest article written about Scientology in a long time, in this case pretending that all the smeary, completely unconfirmed rumors about Arseniy Yatsenyuk in Ukraine and Andrej Kiska in Slovakia are worth taking seriously. (See our previous story about Yatsenyuk.)

http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/01/hey-you-guys-the-new-scientology-e-meter-is-a-hit/

CommunicatorIC

Tony Ortega has expressed his opinion:

http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/01/hey-you-guys-the-new-scientology-e-meter-is-a-hit/#more-14168
UPDATE: Before certain former Scientologists we won’t name get a chance to declare it revealed truth, we just want to note that well-known batshit-crazy conspiracy doofus Wayne Madsen has posted perhaps the single dumbest article written about Scientology in a long time, in this case pretending that all the smeary, completely unconfirmed rumors about Arseniy Yatsenyuk in Ukraine and Andrej Kiska in Slovakia are worth taking seriously. (See our previous story about Yatsenyuk.)

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Only thing is it is not intended a joke.

No, it's intended as a smear campaign. We should be celebrating that the Co$ has a reputation that smells so bad they even insult people with it in Bulgravia.

Now where will Davy hide in retirement?

CommunicatorIC

Church of Scientology, Arseni Yatseniouk and Andrej Kiska

Two Developments.

First, the Madsen article is being republished in full on the net:

Before It Is News: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY IS MAKING A POWER GRAB IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPEhttp://beforeitsnews.com/internatio...ab-in-central-and-eastern-europe-2480112.html

VENITISM: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY IS MAKING A POWER GRAB IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPEhttp://venitism.blogspot.fr/2014/04/church-of-scientology-is-making-power.html

Secondly, there is a follow-up article on another website that contains a new allegation I had not read before about Andrej Kiska, the new President of Slovakia:

Voltairenet: Church of Scientology, Arseni Yatseniouk and Andrej Kiska
http://www.voltairenet.org/article183092.html

Excerpt:
Andrej Kiska denied belonging to the Church of Scientology and filed a criminal libel complaint against his challenger, Prime Minister Robert Fico. However, the billionaire and forthcoming President of the Slovak Republic had the managers of his companies undergo training provided by the Hubbard School of Administration and the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE). His biography, Take life into your own hands, was published by Scientologist businessman and publisher, Ladislav Pavlik, who also wrote the preface.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Re: Church of Scientology, Arseni Yatseniouk and Andrej Kiska

Two Developments.

First, the Madsen article is being republished in full on the net:

Before It Is News: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY IS MAKING A POWER GRAB IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPEhttp://beforeitsnews.com/internatio...ab-in-central-and-eastern-europe-2480112.html

VENITISM: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY IS MAKING A POWER GRAB IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPEhttp://venitism.blogspot.fr/2014/04/church-of-scientology-is-making-power.html

Secondly, there is a follow-up article on another website that contains a new allegation I had not read before about Andrej Kiska, the new President of Slovakia:

Excerpt:

why on earth would a moronic article written by a twit being republished by other doofuses be worth reporting? Are you going to track around to see if Mercola and Jones and Avery and the rest of the twat brigade republish it? I am just kind of mystified I guess .

CommunicatorIC

Re: Church of Scientology, Arseni Yatseniouk and Andrej Kiska

why on earth would a moronic article written by a twit being republished by other doofuses be worth reporting? Are you going to track around to see if Mercola and Jones and Avery and the rest of the twat brigade republish it? I am just kind of mystified I guess .
I generally try to keep track of things. I do so for two reasons, among others.

First, if there are allegations that a political candidate is a Scientologist (or, in the case of Slovakia, one was a Scientologist and the government of the other subsidized Scientology), I think that is significant even if the allegation are not true. It tends to show the standing of Scientology in that country (i.e., not good). I think the fact that Scientology was a major issue in the Slovakia presidential election is extraordinary, and worthy of note, even if those allegations were not true.

Secondly, I sometimes come across information like that set forth in the part of my prior post that you snipped:

Excerpt:
Andrej Kiska denied belonging to the Church of Scientology and filed a criminal libel complaint against his challenger, Prime Minister Robert Fico. However, the billionaire and forthcoming President of the Slovak Republic had the managers of his companies undergo training provided by the Hubbard School of Administration and the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE). His biography, Take life into your own hands, was published by Scientologist businessman and publisher, Ladislav Pavlik, who also wrote the preface.

As I said, I had not previously read or heard that, "the billionaire and forthcoming President of the Slovak Republic had the managers of his companies undergo training provided by the Hubbard School of Administration and the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE)." I have no idea whether that is true or not, but it is interesting and might bear further thought and investigation. A member of ESMB who lives (or lived or worked) in Europe might have some information, might have access to a HCA or WISE list, etc.