What's new

The Church’s latest offer – and why you should take it

fishdaddy

Patron
If the Church of Scientology were a person, they would be in the ER right now on life support. In an effort to staunch the internal bleeding, they are making an unprecedented offer to some select Ex-Int Base staff members. We’ll cancel your Freeloader Debt! We’ll cancel your SP declare! All you have to do is disconnect from the “Bad SPs.” People like Marc Headley, Jason Begue, Mark Rathbun. And me.

I bet you didn’t know there are “Good SPs” and “Bad SPs.” Well, there are. In fact, there are many classes of SP. And it’s important that these different classes of SP not communicate with each other.

Management SPs: These are the people who have been “declared SP” but are not permitted to leave the Int Base. People like Guillaume Lesevre, Marc Yager, Heber Jentsch and a reported 40 or 50 others. They stay in the “SP Hall” – for years. Of course, they can’t communicate to other SPs.

Tame SPs: These are the people who, although declared SP, are “working on their A to E steps” and paying off their Freeloader Debt. They are quiet, compliant, and don’t make waves. And they even do certain chores, like spying on other SPs and reporting to OSA.

Good SPs: They aren’t necessarily doing their A to E steps, and they are not paying their Freeloader debt, but at least they don’t speak out and they don’t make waves. They are quiet. They may read the chat groups and internet sites, but they don’t post under their own names. They don’t make any trouble for the Church, at least not openly. They are nice and quiet.

Bad SPs: These are the ones that make trouble. They write about their experiences on the inside. They reveal the abuse, the lies, the fraud. They talk to others. They post. They demonstrate. They speak out. They are not quiet.

Well, the Church is desperate. So desperate that they now have Tommy Davis, the Golden Boy, the Church’s “top PR,” working full time on a campaign to get the “Good SPs” to disconnect from the “Bad SPs.” The offer is irresistible – they will cancel your Freeloader Debt. They will fast-track you’re A to E steps. Just think – you’ll be able to talk to your family again!!! All you have to do is disconnect from Headley, Rathbun, et. al.

And if you don’t? Well, your family members on the inside will get into trouble. Sorry about that. They will get demoted, assigned to menial tasks, assigned to deck work, maybe even RPFed. Now, you wouldn’t want that to happen to your family members, would you?

We hear that Scientologists are “masters of communication.” And ain’t it the truth? Communication as a weapon of control. “You want to talk to your family? Toe the line. You don’t want to cooperate? Good, your family will disappear into a slave gulag.” That’s right, masters of communication, in the tradition of a Hitler or a Stalin.

So okay, you say, the deal sounds great. What’s next? Well, you take a meeting with them. It’s you on one side of the table and four or five of them on the other. And you get grilled. Who are you in communication with? What do you know about Headley? They will pump you for information. And don’t be surprised if they have a printout of your Facebook page, highlighting those you have to disconnect from. Or a printout of your website or blog, with “suggestions” as to what you should delete or change. Oh, yes, they’ve done their homework, like good little spies.

And if you take the deal? No more freeloader debt. No more SP declare. You can talk to your family. You can “move up the Bridge.”

A few things they just might not relay to you:

That Freeloader Debt? It’s bogus and unenforceable anyway. They lose nothing by cancelling it.

Your “progress up the Bridge?” DM will make sure you are never allowed on the “OT Levels.”

And your communication with your family? Well, your letters will still be censored and your phone calls covertly monitored. Of course. And they STILL won’t be able to get time off to visit you.

Details, details. Other than that, it’s a great deal, right?

There are also a few things we don’t need to tell them:

The “Good” SPs and the “Bad” SPs have one thing in common – they all hate David Miscavige and think he is crazy. They disagree with the abuse, lies and fraud. Just because the “Good SPs” are nice and quiet doesn’t mean that they are blind, deaf and dumb. They know the score. So all of this “getting you back in touch with your family” is a double-edged sword. It puts Scientologists and staff in touch with people who have seen behind the curtain. But let’s not tell them that. They will try to control the communication line so no one inside finds out the truth of what really goes on at the Int Base. All I can say is good luck with that.

So it’s a great deal, right? Should you take it?

Well, that’s up to you. If it gets you back in touch with your family, okay. If it helps you get them OUT, even better.

But realize that any deal the Church makes with you is designed to benefit them, not to benefit you or your family. Any deal has as its purpose to control you and your family members. To keep you in line. To keep you quiet and compliant. Realize that your family connections are being used to blackmail you into submission. That’s what disconnection is all about. Control.

They think they can control you by withholding and granting communication with your family.

Well, can they?

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Management SPs: These are the people who have been “declared SP” but are not permitted to leave the Int Base. People like Guillaume Lesevre, Marc Yager, Heber Jentsch and a reported 40 or 50 others. They stay in the “SP Hall” – for years. Of course, they can’t communicate to other SPs.
Really? There are 40-50 declared SPs that are not permitted to leave? :omg:

T

TheSneakster

Really? There are 40-50 declared SPs that are not permitted to leave? :omg:

Neither BTS2Free nor BlownForGood ever claimed there were that many.

Where is this number coming from?

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
You mean there are ANY? There is even one declared SP that is being held hostage?? I never heard of this.

Ask Mike Rinder (whose family is still being held hostage apparently) or Marty Rathbun.

They probably won't tell you though.

(Both were held against their own wills supposedly, as well as knowing many more similars, includings ones they'd ordered themselves. Probably)

Zinj

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
There should be a way for the SP's to record the meeting, you know, to use it as leverage against THEM.

Then use the instructions outlined by the most evil of SP's - Marc Headley - to get the family members out of Int Base. The police will believe it more when they hear the blackmail tactics.

And yes, Happy Girl, unfortunately there are some people being held against their will as in-house declared SP's, not free to leave. This link is where Marc Headley writes about it for the first time. http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=24064 "Musical Chairs Int Base Style"

FFL

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Just like that?

Are they doing this all "secretly"? No special event announcing another Amnesty?
It's not an Amnesty, it's Extortion! :grouch:

Thanks for the info, Fishdaddy, I guess us "Good SPs" need to start considering the ramifications of graduating up to "Bad SPs". I'm going to think this through.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ask Mike Rinder (whose family is still being held hostage apparently) or Marty Rathbun.
Rinder and Rathbun are not currently "inside," are they? And Rinder's family isn't all declared, are they? My question is, once they declare you an SP, why would they want to keep you around?

And yes, Happy Girl, unfortunately there are some people being held against their will as in-house declared SP's, not free to leave. This link is where Marc Headley writes about it for the first time. http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=24064 "Musical Chairs Int Base Style"

FFL
I had read the musical chairs before, and I really don't want to read the whole thing again, but my original understanding of it was those were people on the RPF - not declared SPs. Am I wrong? I have also heard about them torturing David Mayo, but once they declared him, he was outside of their buildings. So, Guillaume Lesevre, Marc Yager, Heber Jentsch are all declared and being kept on base??

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I had read the musical chairs before, and I really don't want to read the whole thing again, but my original understanding of it was those were people on the RPF - not declared SPs. Am I wrong? I have also heard about them torturing David Mayo, but once they declared him, he was outside of their buildings. So, Guillaume Lesevre, Marc Yager, Heber Jentsch are all declared and being kept on base??

Remember the last part of A-E is training from the bottom up. When you start your training, at an org, you're still an SP. I remember David Gaiman starting on the Student Hat (I think) at Saint Hill while he was still declared - he was the first "declared SP" I had seen on course there.

So the idea of having them all on the base is not quite so strange.

Paul

Zinjifar

Some chains are of the mind. Some less so. There is no question that people are physically held routinely against their will at Int Base. However, there are as many or more who require no physical restraint.

Zinj

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember the last part of A-E is training from the bottom up. When you start your training, at an org, you're still an SP....
Oh!!! Of course! I wasn't thinking about the SPs that are actually handling their declare. Duh! Thanks Paul. These other bozos just weren't understanding my question. :melodramatic:

Some chains are of the mind. Some less so. There is no question that people are physically held routinely against their will at Int Base. However, there are as many or more who require no physical restraint.
No kidding!! I was chained up during the last 8 or so years that I was a Scientologist, even though I never went anywhere near it.

dt2000

Patron with Honors
The whole thing is just a joke but this paragraph specifically just makes me sick:

And if you don’t? Well, your family members on the inside will get into trouble. Sorry about that. They will get demoted, assigned to menial tasks, assigned to deck work, maybe even RPFed. Now, you wouldn’t want that to happen to your family members, would you?

Having been on the RPF, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And having been on a post, I just cannot even imagine being told "oh, your 'declared' sister won't do what we want her to so you're going to the RPF". W.T.F.

They are just fabricating unusual solutions and policy to fit their needs and desperation at this point.

They'll get what's coming to them soon enough.

Zinjifar

What's the difference from being sent to RPF because you backflashed your 'senior' or because your mother in her dying breath cursed L. Ron Hubbard?

You can be RPFed for *anything*. That's the 'system'

"It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself -- anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face (to look incredulous when a victory was announced, for example) was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime, it was called."

Zinj

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
There's another group notorious for pressuring, bribing, cajoling and threatening witness and potential witnesses in legal proceedings.

Starts with an M.

When will the church wake up and realize the "old ways" simply do not work in today's world? In a fear based dictatorship I suppose that will happen once the marshalls kick in the door.

When the current regime falls it will happen overnight.

ILived1984!

Patron with Honors
This whole situation is seriously....hilarious! Scn thinks that much of the listed bad SPs that they are willing to lift and cancel other SP declares? Way to go Baddies!

Also, punishing someone's family is so correct target. Sounds like mafioso type activity.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rinder and Rathbun are not currently "inside," are they? And Rinder's family isn't all declared, are they? My question is, once they declare you an SP, why would they want to keep you around?

Happygirl, these people are indeed locked up and have been for years. They are held incommunicado with the rest of the base, their families, and anyone on the outside world. The inmates comprise those how could possibly be a threat to "li'l Nap" (boy, I love that new nick), in other words, all the once top execs of RTC, CMO Int, CST, OSA Int. It is NOT the RPF. It is the SP Hall. The "provisional declare is an invention of li'l Nap, so he can declare these guys and keep them right under his thumb where they can't cause trouble and they can't talk. And they are under far too much suppression and control to plan a coup and oust DM out of the seat of power.

You really should take another look at the post by BFG. Rinder's wife is in SP Hall. I don't believe Marty has family still in.