What's new

The Church of Scientology admits Narconon uses Scientology scriptures for drug rehab

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Church of Scientology admits Narconon uses Scientology scriptures for drug rehab.

Mike Rinder: Narconon – Introducing Them To “Our Tech”

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/narconon-introducing-them-to-our-tech/

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScientologyAdmitsNarcononUsesScientologyScripturesForDrugRehab.png
    ScientologyAdmitsNarcononUsesScientologyScripturesForDrugRehab.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 177

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Re: The Church of Scientology admits Narconon uses Scientology scriptures for drug re

This is a great catch! :thumbsup:

Jump

Operating teatime
Re: The Church of Scientology admits Narconon uses Scientology scriptures for drug re

... not only handling their addiction issues terminatedly, ...

Whatever that means. It's frighteningly close to the truth of those handled terminally.

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors

Im sure some of you have heard but the Narconon program has done a complete overhaul on their whole program. With ABLE taking over they no longer deny the Scientology link at all. In fact in the new intro video, Scientology is mentioned specifically.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

"Just in time for probably an amazing sunset over the Pacific! Wow is that perfect for this or what?"

OMG, yes it is so probably perfect I can't stand it!

Sunset is very apropos. The sun is setting on you and soon your fail will reside in darkness.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Im sure some of you have heard but the Narconon program has done a complete overhaul on their whole program. With ABLE taking over they no longer deny the Scientology link at all. In fact in the new intro video, Scientology is mentioned specifically.

Interesting - I guess they had to do that at some point or get sued for continuing falsehoods.

What are the actual changes in the program? Have they added/subtracted books? Have they changed the materials? Curious minds want to know.:biggrin:

phenomanon

Canyon

Interesting - I guess they had to do that at some point or get sued for continuing falsehoods.

What are the actual changes in the program? Have they added/subtracted books? Have they changed the materials? Curious minds want to know.:biggrin:

Gotta do sumpin to hinder these FRAUD lawsuits.

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors

s

Oh yeah, big time.
First off, Narconon is probably the worst Scn org to work for. It's "not a church" which generally means that if you are on staff, the execs will selectively choose references to fuck you up with when it suits them. When YOU name a reference that shows you are right "This isn't a church, its Narconon and that does not apply here". The cognitvie dissonance that goes on with a Narconon Exec is amazing. But anyways, they have this NN KSW attitutde going on, if its not in the new program, they don't use it...unless they want to.

First they go into the "drug free WD". That is really just an advertising thing, they will give things like valium to ease WD when they want to. Seen this NUMEROUS times.

After Sauna they go to the purif, its the same old purif.

From sauna they do TRs, but they are a little different. They go REALLY quick, 0-9 in a day but they took out bullbait and 2 1/2.

After TRs they do Objectives which are actually just a chunk of the SRD (COB's version of objectives) Turns out not only all thos books LRH saw and wrote but the OBJ course which he made was ALSO not at all what LRH wanted. But yeah...it's the new objs

This is where things get weird, even more weird than they were.

After OBJs they do a PTS/SP type course but they really remove 90% of all PTS/SP data. All they do is read the social/anti personality traits and then list the people they are connected to and then see who is social/anti-social. Write a handle letter to the anti-social. They removed everything about PTSness so the personality thing really is not put in context.

Overts/Withholds. They do a small ethics book which gives you just enough info to know how to write your OWs and then you write them by dynamics which there is only 6 of. Again, removed all the data so it comes off like "tell us everything bad you ever did for no reason whatsoever". Nothing on the effects of overts on a person and no info about the overt motivator sequence.

Conditions time! They read about the conditions (Treason-Normal) and then they write up what condition they are on dynamics 1-3.

This whole thing takes 2 months, they stretch it by making shit up to slow the student down like only working with them 2 days a week. I have seen it done in a month and a half. Last time i was there the execs were trying to figure out how to make the program longer. I just laughed. With the old program the reg would say "Oh yeah, this will only take 3 months" and it would often take 6. Now that it only takes 3 months, I would often hear the reg say shit like "this takes 4-6 months".

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

s

Oh yeah, big time.
First off, Narconon is probably the worst Scn org to work for. It's "not a church" which generally means that if you are on staff, the execs will selectively choose references to fuck you up with when it suits them. When YOU name a reference that shows you are right "This isn't a church, its Narconon and that does not apply here". The cognitvie dissonance that goes on with a Narconon Exec is amazing. But anyways, they have this NN KSW attitutde going on, if its not in the new program, they don't use it...unless they want to.

First they go into the "drug free WD". That is really just an advertising thing, they will give things like valium to ease WD when they want to. Seen this NUMEROUS times.

After Sauna they go to the purif, its the same old purif.

From sauna they do TRs, but they are a little different. They go REALLY quick, 0-9 in a day but they took out bullbait and 2 1/2.

After TRs they do Objectives which are actually just a chunk of the SRD (COB's version of objectives) Turns out not only all thos books LRH saw and wrote but the OBJ course which he made was ALSO not at all what LRH wanted. But yeah...it's the new objs

This is where things get weird, even more weird than they were.

After OBJs they do a PTS/SP type course but they really remove 90% of all PTS/SP data. All they do is read the social/anti personality traits and then list the people they are connected to and then see who is social/anti-social. Write a handle letter to the anti-social. They removed everything about PTSness so the personality thing really is not put in context.

Overts/Withholds. They do a small ethics book which gives you just enough info to know how to write your OWs and then you write them by dynamics which there is only 6 of. Again, removed all the data so it comes off like "tell us everything bad you ever did for no reason whatsoever". Nothing on the effects of overts on a person and no info about the overt motivator sequence.

Conditions time! They read about the conditions (Treason-Normal) and then they write up what condition they are on dynamics 1-3.

This whole thing takes 2 months, they stretch it by making shit up to slow the student down like only working with them 2 days a week. I have seen it done in a month and a half. Last time i was there the execs were trying to figure out how to make the program longer. I just laughed. With the old program the reg would say "Oh yeah, this will only take 3 months" and it would often take 6. Now that it only takes 3 months, I would often hear the reg say shit like "this takes 4-6 months".

SO ..

No study course after the Purif?

No TRs before that?

No WTH Course at the end?

Is there still an "exit program" in place once the last course is done, or have they nixed that too?

Jesus, with the changes they've made, I can see their (already meagre) success rate falling through the floor - what's the relapse rate like now (if you have any data/stats/idea) ?

And is this now being run by org-staff types rather than street-wise former users?

And only 6 Dynamics now (obviously they've taken out Spirits and Supreme Being) yet they've allied themselves closer to the Cherch than before? Sounds like this is the brainchild of Herr DwarfenFuhrer's drunken brain-farts.:roflmao:

And is there any news on NN Int - anyone left there still taking stats or consulting, or has that all been turned over to ABLE? Do Cont. NNs still exist, or have they been abolished and everything goes through Cont. ABLEs and up lines from there?