What's new

The Church of Scientology opposes the Thin Blue Line Act of 2017

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Church of Scientology opposes the Thin Blue Line Act of 2017.

[NOTE: Despite the opposition of the Church of Scientology, the Thin Blue Line Act passed the House and is now awaiting action in the Senate.]

The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights: Vote “No” on H.R. 115, the Thin Blue Line Act of 2017

http://civilrights.org/vote-no-on-h-r-115-the-thin-blue-line-act-of-2017/

http://civilrightsdocs.info/pdf/policy/letters/2017/Vote_No_on_Thin_Blue_Line_sign-on_5-17-17.pdf

IeN2Y3I.png

YKa76XY.png

1nFJixo.png

XCiSiX7.png

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
There appears to be a spate of public policy issues upon which Scientology has chosen to take a position.
Noticeably, these positions are on the left of the political spectrum, and I confess that I'm just cynical enough of their motives to wonder whether they may have concluded that a very significant proportion of Scientology critics are themselves left of center, and if Scientology assumes a similar position on the political spectrum, essentially mirroring their critics, might they believe this be a way to neutralize criticism of Scientology?...sort of like applying their tone scale tek to political and public policy issues.

Just a thought...

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
There appears to be a spate of public policy issues upon which Scientology has chosen to take a position.
Noticeably, these positions are on the left of the political spectrum, and I confess that I'm just cynical enough of their motives to wonder whether they may have concluded that a very significant proportion of Scientology critics are themselves left of center, and if Scientology assumes a similar position on the political spectrum, essentially mirroring their critics, might they believe this be a way to neutralize criticism of Scientology?...sort of like applying their tone scale tek to political and public policy issues.

Just a thought...

I don't think so Len. I think the scientology Cult is taking shelter (safe pointing) amongst the cult lemmings who are headed straight towards the cliff above the abyss. What lies at the bottom of the abyss is slavery and control by sociopaths. George Soros and David Miscavige must be enjoying a few drinks together of human sacrificial blood on a daily basis.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just a thought...

The fact that scio is taking a position (LOL!) on these policy issues does not, in any way, mean that they give a shit about said policy. They have a planet to clear!

IMHO, their action is taken solely to try to legitimize themselves as a real religion by adding themselves to a list of religious leaders. "See! Our name appears on a list with Catholic, Jewish and Methodist groups!"