What's new

The "CHURCHES" PR on new stuff

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
When I put this question to a fellow Staff that is STILL at my former Org, she just said: 'Well LRH was a very busy man and didn't have time to look over all his materials to catch any errors' HUH?! :ohmy:

I had a very similar line thrown at me during the Basics crush-sale period. My reply was "So you're telling me that LRH didn't consider the material important enough to check? In publishing, before any book is actually printed, they run a few copies off, called galley proofs, which the author and editors are supposed to go over for errors. This is standard tech in the publishing business. LRH, as an author, would have done this many times for his fiction books. Yet, for the set of books which all of Scientology would have been dependent upon, he didn't bother to proofread them? Is that what you're telling me?"

Never got a satisfactory answer on that.

Atalantan

Patron with Honors
I so understand all your emotions and actions as I felt and did the same for many years!
Do you have any suggestions how I can say the right words to at least make him start questioning what he is being told? Anyone??????????

Here are my initial thoughts about it. I think you may be able to find a point of attack within the email itself. You can say these things more nicely than I am putting them here, of course. For example:

For starters, it is obviously ridiculous to claim that a person "goes up the Bridge faster" having done the Basics. What about all the time spent getting through the Basics? Doesn't that count? And if one must do the Basics before starting "on the Bridge", doesn't that immediately preclude a lot of people ever going up the Bridge because they won't ever start, being faced with conquering "the Wall of Basics" as the first step?

You don't have to call the ideas he is putting forth "ridiculous", but you can raise the basic questions in a nice way. What he wrote you does not entirely make sense, as I have noted above. Requiring the Basics to be done first, seems like an obvious barrier to getting on the Bridge. At least to me. The original line-up of HAS, HQS courses etc, followed by a Dianetics course got a lot of people auditing very quickly.

In view of that, you might try an indirect approach and ask him about current stats. "That's great! Do you have a lot of students on auditor training, at your org? How about pcs? Are you making Clears?" "Oh, not so many? Why do you think that is?"

Later you can slip it in-"Maybe requiring the Basics to be done puts people off?"

Of course a more likely reason people avoid the org or don't pay for their Bridge is, the endless reging for donations they are subjected to if they go into the org.

The IAS has done more to prevent people from starting or continuing up the Bridge than all the (other) SPs in the world combined, by taking all their money, getting them to max out their credit cards, etc, often putting them into bankruptcy.

Yes, I am saying the IAS is an SP organization. It's true for me.

If your friend is a techy, it maybe better to shift the discussion to other outpoints like this one about the donations campaigns. They are after all, expressly against LRH policy.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It makes pitiful reading, to hear someone speaking someone else's thoughts, believing that they are their own. But that is what Scientology is about. You have to be goodthinkful, and not succumb to the sin of ownlife, or other thought crime.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Why do we need to "Find and recover the Tech?"

Wasn't it written and disseminated when LRH had the pen to do it?

Where is it hiding?

Who has been hiding it?

My guess is there is no tech, it doesn't work and any attemp to find the tech is just blatant rewriting of unworkable material that is geared to waste the time of those searching for what should be blatantly in front of them to begin with in green and red volumes.

if it ain't there, it ain't!

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I TOO AM SO ANGRY REGARDING THIS.....i ASKED TIGER LILY THIS QUESTION AND WILL ASK YOU ALSO.....DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN WRITE HIM TO MAKE HIM START LOOKING???????????????????

Tell him this site has the most info on it:

forum.exscn.net

Atalantan

Patron with Honors

Wasn't it written and disseminated when LRH had the pen to do it?

Where is it hiding?

Who has been hiding it?

My guess is there is no tech, it doesn't work and any attemp to find the tech is just blatant rewriting of unworkable material that is geared to waste the time of those searching for what should be blatantly in front of them to begin with in green and red volumes.

if it ain't there, it ain't!

You are absolutely right about this:

We don't need to "find and recover the tech". That is is a C0$ scam PR line.

"The tech" exists and is all freely available for download, online. Hubbard's books are likewise available all over the world. It's all there, ready to be learned and used, as you say, in the green and red. And it works quite well.

The Basics, GAT, and all that stuff is a bunch of overpriced and unnecessary B.S. put out by the Co$ to confuse people and make money off selling them stuff they don't need.

smartone

My Own Boss
I cognited on this failure when the rerelease of the Basics was pushed down our throats are public. Sure I was a true believer in the tech at that time, but it certainly was at the forefront of my mind that I HIGHLY doubted that LRH would have failed to pay attention to details on his materials being released. We were always told that LRH was meticulous with details. How could he have failed to review, proof, edit his materials BEFORE they were released the FIRST time? I certainly understand addendums, but not that an SP transcriptionist altered the tech. And it wasn't caught by LRH himself?

-PWC

I had the same thought as above. How come all this sudden finding of LRH materials if he was so organised (green vols). How could he have been so careless?

And of course DM chooses the lowest part of the Bridge ie Objectives new material found to be re-run to EP, then he can sell public on re-doing the rest of their Bridge from there. He's so transparent. :eyeroll:

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
I have a very dear and old time friend who does not know I am out....We communicate via email as he is in another country on staff. He is a very High tech person.
THe following is a Portion of his last email:
" We are in a Golden Age of Knowledge and there have been LRH orders to find and recover the Tech. The Basics are a result of that, and missing pages and chapters were found. The alterations put in by others have been taken out. Even The Original Thesis book had missing data as they found the missing transcriber discs. All of the LRH lectures are now found so the complete library of his Tech can be completed. Missing data on Objectives surfaced as well as data affecting the lower Grades and auditing. We are in a period of a Tech upgrade, with bits and pieces of it coming out. There will be another Golden Age of Tech Evolution, with more "new" materials. I had a briefing on this some years back when I was in Australia, and another briefing about 6 months ago. The new Div 6 materials actually is in part something that LRH was talking about for many years and we didn't know what he referred to. The "Student Manual" he referred to is actually the HQS Course, and it is now back to the way it is supposed to be when LRH sent it out. All the Advanced Clinical Courses have been recovered, and these contain lectures never before released and some are about Objectives. New evolution on Objectives planet-wide, and even OTs are having theirs being flattened to the correct and actual EPs and abilities gained. It's amazing what the Objectives do, and unflat Objectives are showing to be one of the main reasons people have trouble moving up the Bridge or not going well in life even though they "did" the Bridge. It is very real that once Objectives are done to their actual EPs that a PC can do their full Grades and NED to Clear in 12 intensives. PCs are going Clear in as little as 4 to 6 intensives on NED, and those who have done the Basics go faster on the Bridge with greater gain. ":ohmy:
This actually makes me sick:angry:

This is a perfect example of one brain which has been soaked too long in the cult's kool aid. All ability to reason, is GONE.

^

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I had a very similar line thrown at me during the Basics crush-sale period. My reply was "So you're telling me that LRH didn't consider the material important enough to check? In publishing, before any book is actually printed, they run a few copies off, called galley proofs, which the author and editors are supposed to go over for errors. This is standard tech in the publishing business. LRH, as an author, would have done this many times for his fiction books. Yet, for the set of books which all of Scientology would have been dependent upon, he didn't bother to proofread them? Is that what you're telling me?"

You just need the VIP Briefing, that's all. It will totally handle all your questions and concerns!

ENLIGHTENED SCIENTOLOGIST
This is the briefing! Everything that you thought was weird in Scientology
or that you didn't get handled on your case is now totally handled!

HOPELESS SCIENTOLOGIST
But, what? I mean, what's the data?

This IS the data. Everything that you thought was weird in Scientology
or that you didn't get handled on your case is now totally handled!

HOPELESS SCIENTOLOGIST
But.....I mean.....nothing new? I mean isn't
there some new breakthrough or something...?

I will repeat the briefing R-Factor.Everything that you thought was weird in
Scientology or that you didn't get handled on your case is now totally handled!

HOPELESS SCIENTOLOGIST
Well, at least now I guess I have hope.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

AFAIK...
0. Scientologists have hope.
1. Tech doesn't work.
2. New tech is developed to fix that. Scientologists have hope again.
3. New tech doesn't work either.
4. Still newer tech is spoken of that, when released in the
future will fix everything. Scientologists have hope again.
5. Still newer tech doesn't work.
6. Scientologists tire of looking forward into the future for hope.
7. Old tech is discovered that will fix that. Scientologists have hope again. Hope in the past.
8. That doesn't work either.
9. Old altered tech that is now corrected will fix that. Scientologists have hope again in the past.
10. That doesn't work.
11. (RETURN TO #1 AND WHEN SCIENTOLOGISTS GET TIRED OF HOPE IN THE THE FUTURE, PROMISE THEM HOPE FROM THE PAST. KEEP IT UP UNTIL THEY ARE SO MALLEABLY FILLED WITH DESPAIR, THEY WILL JUST DO WHATEVER YOU SAY EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE ANY HOPE.)

Atalantan

Patron with Honors
This is a perfect example of one brain which has been soaked too long in the cult's kool aid. All ability to reason, is GONE.

^

Well, OK, but Sandie was asking for suggestions as to what she might say to her old friend to help re-start his ability to reason on the subject.

Do you have any ideas?

Atalantan

Patron with Honors
AFAIK...
0. Scientologists have hope.
1. Tech doesn't work.
2. New tech is developed to fix that. Scientologists have hope again.
3. New tech doesn't work either.
4. Still newer tech is spoken of that, when released in the
future will fix everything. Scientologists have hope again.
5. Still newer tech doesn't work.
6. Scientologists tire of looking forward into the future for hope.
7. Old tech is discovered that will fix that. Scientologists have hope again. Hope in the past.
8. That doesn't work either.
9. Old altered tech that is now corrected will fix that. Scientologists have hope again in the past.
10. That doesn't work.
11. (RETURN TO #1 AND WHEN SCIENTOLOGISTS GET TIRED OF HOPE IN THE THE FUTURE, PROMISE THEM HOPE FROM THE PAST. KEEP IT UP UNTIL THEY ARE SO MALLEABLY FILLED WITH DESPAIR, THEY WILL JUST DO WHATEVER YOU SAY EVEN IF THEY DON'T HAVE ANY HOPE.)

Tech was working fine back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. So what happened?

Veda

Sponsor
It did? Or perhaps it's not quite that simple.

Here's some background info that may help you to "sort things out." It will likely take months or years to sink in. (That's if you actually read it. :))

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=434595&postcount=21

People have been leaving the CofS since 1954 when Scientology was incorporated as a Church. Before that, people left Dianetics, some of the better remembered are J.A. Winter (who wrote the Introduction for 'DMSMH'), and John Campbell (who published the first article on Dianetics in his 'Astounding Science Fiction' magazine).

Then came the transition to Scientology, after Hubbard lost the rights to the name 'Dianetics', and decided to drive former business partner, supporter and benefactor, Don Purcell, bonkers by concocting - pretty much overnight - "Whole Track Maps," and then the book 'History of Man' ("This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last 60 trillion years.")

Richard DeMille, who wrote some pieces now attributed to Hubbard, left around 1953
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/demille.htm There were many others who left.

In 1959, L. Ron Hubbard Jr. left.

Lots of people left in the early 1960s with the era of 'Sec Checking', deciding that any group that insists that its members undergo metered interrogation, with such questions as "Are you a pervert" or "Have you ever had any unkind thoughts about L. Ron Hubbard?" was not for them. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=452650&postcount=14

By 1965, Hubbard wrote 'Keeping Scientology Working', invented the SP Doctrine and SP Declares, Disconnection, the Fair Game Law, and the confidential, "deadly serious," and vital to your survival, history of the universe&your mind, and starting calling himself 'Source', and many more people left. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=381568&postcount=13 Amongst them was the first person be a awarded a 'Doctor of Scientology' certificate (the Class 12 of that day), Jack Horner. (Here's a thread you've glance at. May I suggest examining its links also. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=20373)

In 1967 came the Sea Org and Xenu, and more left. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=77530&postcount=18
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=177122&postcount=41
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=155715&postcount=13

By the late 1960s and early 1970s, the Commodore and his ashtray-carrying 13 year old girl servants were a law unto themselves on the 'Flagship', the "safest and sanest place in the universe," and more left.

John McMaster, 'The World's First Real Clear' and the 'Pope' of Scientology, left. (See last link on Sec Check link for his comments.)

Writer William Burroughs came along, was involved briefly, did the Clearing Course then, upon completion, when asked if he wished to sign up for OT2, said, "No thanks," and left.

Many others left.

Then came the RPF and the RPF'ss RPF, and more left.

By early 1977, Hubbard had written his "LSD, Years after they had Come of off' HCOB, in which he described people who had ever taken LSD as "zombies," and soon after told them that they were required to wear rubber suits and run around for hours, and more left.

Then, in July 1977 came the FBI raids, and two years later came the court-ordered release of thousands of pages of previously secret Scientology documents, including Hubbard's paranoid ramblings, and his super-secret spying and covert attack tech, and even more left.

Then Hubbard decided that almost everyone was "Clear" and needed to exit Missions (which he was in the early stage of looting), and go "up lines" and spend their money there, and more people left.

This was followed, a few years later, by Hubbard responding to the first Mission Holders Meeting by sending his #1 henchman, David Miscavige, to "handle" the 2nd Mission Holders meeting, and more left.

Then, roughly around that time, came the partial unearthing of Hubbard's past by way of the "Shannon documents," obtained through the Freedom of Information act, and more left.

By July 1984, there was Gerry Armstrong vs. Church of Scientology, and the further unearthing of Hubbard's past, and even more left.

Then came books like 'Messiah or Madman?' http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt and 'Barefaced Messiah', http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/bfmconte.htm and many more left.

Then came the Internet.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

The only answer I can think of that fits the observations is that indeed, he didn't really give a rat's ass about them. Have you read my thread, Comparison of Book Editions? My counter-intuitive conclusion after actually comparing word for word part of a 2007 book (Scn 8-8008) to its 1991 counterpart, was that the 2007 book was far, far more likely to be closer to what Hubbard dictated than the the earlier editions.

Paul

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Sandie,

Keep us posted on what you said, reactions, and what you did to handle your staff friend. This could be a big boon for those who are trying to have others still in begin to see the light.

-PWC