What's new

The Clear Cognition ***Confidential***

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
The Scientologist - or Ex-Scientologist, who believes that he/she is Clear, is exactly like the Christian who believes that he/she is speaking in unknown tongues.

Whether those beliefs are useful or not is another question.

My thought on thinking one is "clear" is this.

First, came the theory that there was such a state to achieve. IMO, it's supposed to be a step on the way to Native State which is Hubbard's take on Nirvana.

Then came the belief that doing Scn services would be the way to achieve that.

Then, having attested, one knows one is supposed to be "clear". They feel conflict when they notice they still are aberrated or have hangups, or anything else not "clear". So then they justify and rationalize. They have a lot invested in that.
I've heard some of the damndest excuses.

The sensible thing, of course, would be to say "Ok, I'm not free of aberration, I still get upset, I don't have a perfect memory, but I did get something out of it. The claims about clear are grossly greatly exaggerated. I can't call myself that but I do feel I got somewhere with it. And these are the changes I experienced, etc." (Unless one doesn't think one got anything out of it., then the above statement would be different)

But ppl still in CofS and some Freezoners and Indies (not all. And anyone who tells you that they all are just like CofSers about "clear" and "OT" is either lying or mistaken) are often very unwilling to say that or even think it.

Everyone has to decide for him or herself whether or not they had any psychic or spiritual changes from Scn and Dn. Anyone who tries to tell someone else that they are or aren't this or that or have or haven't experienced or achieved this or that is usually going to be a good person to stay away from.

And perhaps in another post, I should discuss mindset. People who leave the cult and still retain the tendency to evaluate for others, to give people who aren't toeing the line or keeping with the status quo scoldings or whatever. I think those people are in a lot worse shape than people who leave CofS and are still chasing the dream of clear and OT.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
The woman speaking in tongues ? Damn ! I wish I had followed her intead of Hubbard !

She makes more sense !

For Toad, Smilla and other Patrons of the IAG (International Association of Glossolalia-ologists).

[video=youtube;aBejyHI6qr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBejyHI6qr0[/video]

Despite "Minister" Bob Tilton's painfully obvious attainment of the advanced "State of Delusion", he nonetheless had enormous financial success--until his prayer (postulate) cult was repeatedly shut down by legal and regulatory agencies.

The stunning parallels between Tilton's and Hubbard's "religion" is so revelatory that it is being given its very own gallery over at the Musée de la Scientologie 100 Moments Stupides thread.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Happy Birthday, Mark !
l.jpg

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
<...snip>
Oh, and if it gives OSA a heart attack to think someone here could be 47% backed & funded by Psychiatry and Big Pharma I hereby swear I am 100% employed by Psychiatry and Big Pharma to be here on ESMB ( They don't pay as well as DM had paid to have Pat Broeker followed for over 25 years ).
I didn't say we were 47% funded by Psychs and Big Pharma. I said 47% of respondents to the Poll said they were funded by Psychs and Big Pharma! I'm sure they all felt 100% onboard. The joke is that the ESMB "data" (a J&D joker response) was actually quoted by OSA in a Staff Briefing, I was told. :biggrin:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I didn't say we were 47% funded by Psychs and Big Pharma. I said 47% of respondents to the Poll said they were funded by Psychs and Big Pharma! I'm sure they all felt 100% onboard. The joke is that the ESMB "data" (a J&D joker response) was actually quoted by OSA in a Staff Briefing, I was told. :biggrin:

YUP!!

1253527972_money.gif

doctor.jpg

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
What do I think about "clear" ? What do I about people who think they are "clear" ?

Oh, I've posted a fair amount on this thread of my opinion of "clear" so I'm not going to do the homework for someone else not even inclined to read to thread they are posting on.

<snip...>
Nah, you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear enough, lol. I wasn't asking what you thought about "clear". I read your posts and know how you feel about it.

You asked me a question in the post preceding mine, you asked "BTW, have you ever word cleared the word 'cult'?" and I replied "What do you think?" in direct response to that question. I not only word-cleared the word "cult", I also used it in a few sentences and coincidentally read about half a dozen well-researched books about cults.

As an amusing aside; when I first told my Mother that I'd finished with scientology she was HUGELY relieved. She asked why I'd left and I offhandedly (glibly) replied, "It's just become more and more like a cult, Mum."

She paused and said, very gently, "It's always been a cult, Dear."

I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Smart Mother is smart. :)

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
I all due respect to you......................I look at it and have to call it what I feel it was and that was part of the experience of being immersed in a cult.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It seems to me to try to keep assigning"it" the value it had while "in" the cult is to drag and give credence to something that most of us - in the light of day & away from the grasp od the cult - feel never really existed the way it was said to exist.

I could be wrong. I feel it is time to move on from the concepts of the cult that just don't seem to really exist...... and, anyway, have never been ever proven to be in existence anywhere by anybody.

Toady, my man . . .

We're actually saying the same thing. We are actually in accord.

This part in red of yours above: "It seems to me to try to keep assigning"it" the value it had while "in" the cult is to drag and give credence to something that most of us - in the light of day & away from the grasp od the cult - feel never really existed the way it was said to exist."

My whole piece was about dismantling the cult thing, its beliefs and premises upon which we judged/evaluated what we got or didn't get from it.

And what I am being very precise about is that the change we each experienced while in did occur . . . it's what kept us going whether deluded or not . . . that change needs to be understood for what it actually is; and not misunderstood or falsely labelled as it is in the cult.

Some, of course, don't feel they experienced any change at all while in . . . and that too is valid for them. And the underlying truth is that the promised "states" as promoted by the cult are a false promise . . . those states are not achieved by its practices.

But, equally, it is unwise to negate the truth of what one did experience while in. That just adds more mess to the whole parade we went through.

Rog

HelluvaHoax!

'Clear' is false data.

That is a classic!

Iconographic!

The Church of Hoaxology would like to license the use of that jingle for t-shirts, coffee cups, bumper stickers and beer mugs.

Maybe on the back of the t-shirt there should be a corollary reading: "False Data is False Data", which is, in fact, "True Data" both literally (A=A) and figuratively, because it is a h(oax)oriffic piece of tech whereby only Ron (or his assigns) determines whether to put a True Data or False Data stamp on each document and thought.

Untitled-132-2.jpg

Untitled-132-1.jpg

Gadfly

Crusader
I went to bed and fell asleep last night contemplating the "state of clear".

For the first time in quite awhile I FLEW in my dreams. I was flying everywhere! It was easy. I had confidence and certaintly (in my dream) in my ability to fly. I felt so light. I felt SO "in control". I woke up, took a pee, went back to sleep, and FLEW some more!

And, I realized IN THE DREAM that "I mocked it all up"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused2: :ohmy:

Where's the examiner? I want to ATTEST to the state of clear NOW! :biggrin: :lol:

(oh wait, I already attest many years ago - three or four different TIMES . . . . ) :sad:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

For the first time in quite awhile I FLEW in my dreams. I was flying everywhere! It was easy. I had confidence and certaintly (in my dream) in my ability to fly. I felt so light. I felt SO "in control". I woke up, took a pee, went back to sleep, and FLEW some more!

And, I realized IN THE DREAM that "I mocked it all up"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused2: :ohmy:

Where's the examiner? I want to ATTEST to the state of clear NOW! :biggrin: :lol:

(oh wait, I already attest many years ago - three or four different TIMES . . . . ) :sad:

Hey, maybe we could start a thread about flying in our dreams. I personally used to fly but now I run incredibly fast, floating almost, for miles and miles, even up hills, and I would attest to this as a real lasting win.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
29 pages of posts and I still have no idea what 'clear' feels like :confused2:

Neither does anybody else.

It goes in the same category as :

" Hubbard said it.
i believe it
That settles it ! "

It is a scientology mindset

I find a discussion of "clear" on this thread with some people is exactly the same as standing in the middle of an org having a conversation with a scientologist who recently attested to " clear . A stuck-in-a-win I think they call it.

I think a better thread might be " is Santa Claus "clear" "?

or " is the Tooth Fairy a gay "clear"?

Meanwhile in those famous words " Show me a mother******* clear " !

Gadfly

Crusader
Hey, maybe we could start a thread about flying in our dreams. I personally used to fly but now I run incredibly fast, floating almost, for miles and miles, even up hills, and I would attest to this as a real lasting win.

a "real lasting win" . . . . . .

:hysterical: :thumbsup:

It always killed me in Scientology how just about ANYTHING could be a "win".

I just cleared a word - I had a win!

I just handled a big upset in session - I had a win!

I just read an essay by Ron and really keyed-out - I had a win!

I went down to the local pub, met a really cute girl, treated her to some cool ARC, brought her uptone, got her really "liking me", and took her home and slept with her - I had a win!

I just went outside, and using confidential folder data, I caved-in a Scientology critic - I had a win!

It is funny though how you are only allowed to have "wins" with "Scientology".

For example, what would happen if you said, "I meditated on my breathing for 15 minutes, and found an amazing place of calm and peace" - "I had a "win"! :police: :hand: :naughty:

NOPE! Not in Scientology. In THAT case, you get routed to ethics, get a SRA (severe reality adjustment), and get lectured on how you are pulling people down the dwindling spiral by squirreling with other practices.

See, the truth is that for the most part many "wins" are simply "I feel good about something". That is all it is. And that is fine. Except that in the mindless world of Hubbard's Scientology, one is ONLY allowed to "feel good" from "applying Scientology". And, any and all examples of feeling good MUST trace back to some Scientology datum or application of some Scientology "tech" or process.

This is a true story. I did this less than an hour ago. After meditating for about 15 minutes, and getting into a very quiet and peaceful state, pretty much disconnected from my body and other ego-related crap, I decided to mess around with "my chakras". I have been working on the Heart Chakra over the past few years. So, I imagined and visualized an image of myself "over there", and I LIT UP the Heart Chakra with tremendous vibrant yellow-gold light and energy. Is it "real"? It doesn't matter. In the imagination it is "real".

I gently intended to attract similar energy from similarly-minded beings, and other entities who might be further "advanced" along this Chakra. I "tuned into" the "Love of Christ". Now, once I really got that "going strong", I let the energy wash over me. Next step.

I then gently intended for it to "fill me up" and manifest through my mind, emotions and body. I knew that various "blockages" would appear. So, very quickly, various people appeared, people who I react negatively too, who I harbor some minor annoyance with, and I worked my "bundle of reactions" against this overwhelming golden love light. Blacknesses appeared. Whole networks of little black masses erupted along my spine, and to the left "inside" of my body. I jerked uncontrollably for a few seconds. I spasmed. But, I kept the golden light there, and I kept it washing over the ugly "enturbulating" black thingies (which were really just part of myself). :yes:

I sought to "love" the thingies. I sent them total empathy and care and concern and let them be just what they were. I surrounded "them" with the pulsating energy of the Heart Chakra. BANG!!!!! Suddenly it all went away. Of course, "they" were just a part of "me". Something was "handled". I was left in pretty much the same state of how one feels when one has successfully erased an incident, blown a BT, or as-ised some unwanted mass and/or significance. I could add in all the significance that also peeled off, but I have to keep this under 10,000 words! :duh:

At one point I couldn't even "be there" anymore, in that I was so "blown out" that I wanted to just STOP. If there had been an examiner around I would have clearly exhibited a very wide F/N, and probably a floating TA. I had "EP'ed" something.

But, I made myself go back and played with it some more. It was almost impossible to "find anything" in this state of total "blow out", but I re-imagined myself with the heart chakra exploding. It settled down. I then imagined all the love and creativity of the entire universe flowing through that Chakra. I relaxed and intended (gently) to let that energy FLOW THROUGH every aspect of "me", and for it to fill the world. I imagined a world free of violence. I imagined a world in harmony, not necessarily in "agreement" about all things, but with understanding for each other, and tolerance. And, I let my "self" go away so that this energy could pass through unimpeded.

Yep, this all happened less than an hour ago! :duh:

My point is that I suppose I could call this a "win". But I won't. To me it is just another day in paradise. And, damn, do I feel good! But it had NOTHING to do with Scientology.

Is it lasting? What do I care? Is it "stabel". Again, what do I care? I can do it again tomorrow morning . . . . . :happydance:

But I won't - I will probably do something different in terms of meditation & visualization - as I feel so inlcined. It is all so very improvised. :biggrin:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
To me, it's a goal and a hope. And it's something no one ever achieved in Scn. Me being me, I think that the auditing does something. But not that.

I feel that reaching for a dream is ok, basically. Can even be great. But I don't think it's a good idea to give people an impossible or extremely abstract or difficult yardstick by which to measure themselves. They're always gonna fall short and it tends to make people very upset and lose confidence in themselves.

I like the Buddhist ideas of Nirvana and getting off the karmic wheel better. It is not the same thing as Scn and I do get that. But I think that's where Hubbard got some of his ideas, then he went off on a number of tangents.

If someone wants to do the CCRD or the Clearing Course or the OT levels outside CofS, fine with me. I don't think it will hurt them. But I personally would like to ask people who do it to think of it as one path among many. I realize that there are people in the Indie or FZ scene - and definitely CofS members, too- who would not want to hear that. It's just what I think.

Toady, my man . . .

We're actually saying the same thing. We are actually in accord.

This part in red of yours above: "It seems to me to try to keep assigning"it" the value it had while "in" the cult is to drag and give credence to something that most of us - in the light of day & away from the grasp od the cult - feel never really existed the way it was said to exist."

My whole piece was about dismantling the cult thing, its beliefs and premises upon which we judged/evaluated what we got or didn't get from it.

And what I am being very precise about is that the change we each experienced while in did occur . . . it's what kept us going whether deluded or not . . . that change needs to be understood for what it actually is; and not misunderstood or falsely labelled as it is in the cult.

Some, of course, don't feel they experienced any change at all while in . . . and that too is valid for them. And the underlying truth is that the promised "states" as promoted by the cult are a false promise . . . those states are not achieved by its practices.

But, equally, it is unwise to negate the truth of what one did experience while in. That just adds more mess to the whole parade we went through.

Rog

Also very true. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

HelluvaHoax!

Whoa! That was cool, I want to have more flying dreams. Haven't had one for years.

If anyone could figure out how to seed or precipitate a flying dream, THAT "tech" that would truly be worth a lot.

The power of dreams is sometimes amazing....bordering on magical.

The most powerful dreams I have ever had were FLYING and FALLING IN LOVE. I actually fell madly and passionately in love at least two times in my dreams. It was every bit as real as me sitting here and typing this post. Actually far more real. The experience was so powerful.

The downside is I actually wanted to marry that person and when I woke up they weren't there. The upside is that I don't have to pay $200K per year in alimony if it didn't work out. LOL

One FLYING or LOVE dream was better than going Clear. And it was free....and nobody showed up at my front door with a headcam.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Oh yes, I love the flying dreams. I probably get at least one a week. They are usually pretty wimpy flying episodes, but at least they happen every now and then. I wish I didn't get scared when I get more than about 200 feet up: I'd love to do the full Superman thing.

If anyone knows how to turn them on, please post. :)

Paul