The Colbert Report Interviews Lawrence Wright

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Stephen Colbert is a comedian with his own show on the Comedy Channel in the US call The Colbert Report. In this episode he interviews Lawrence Wright. But, almost as good as the interview is his skewering of none other than David Miscaviage.

Feb 6th Episode

The good stuff starts at around 10:30 into the episode. Look for the knife in the watermelon bit...it's priceless. - "Colbert said his show asked Miscavige for comment and received in response a watermelon stabbed with a knife and featuring a Post-It note reading “You.” "

This is also a good link:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stephen-colbert-mocks-scientology-interviews-419115

Last edited:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Miscavaige's watermelon 'message' to Colbert:

Melon.jpg

:hysterical:

Lori

Cheryl E Love
Unfortunately I dont get that chsnnel but three friends called me to tell me about it! Two even recorded it for me on their dvr. The world is starting to watch and now poke fun! 'bout dang time :clap: I get asked daily about them now. I just steer them to all the new books out now. Amazon lets you "loan" books now and all but Jenna's book are now out on loan with a growing waiting list! :study:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Stephen Colbert is a comedian with his own show on the Comedy Channel in the US call The Colbert Report. In this episode he interviews Lawrence Wright. But, almost as good as the interview is his skewering of none other than David Miscaviage.

Feb 6th Episode

The good stuff starts at around 10:30 into the episode. Look for the knife in the watermelon bit...it's priceless. - "Colbert said his show asked Miscavige for comment and received in response a watermelon stabbed with a knife and featuring a Post-It note reading “You.” "

This is also a good link:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stephen-colbert-mocks-scientology-interviews-419115

I'm SCREAMING with laugher, Angelo V. Thanks for posting that link and alerting us to the bit Colbert does (before Lawrence Wright comes on) about David Miscavige. It's hilarious stuff.

There's no better way to bring a megalomaniac down to size than to poke fun at his megalomania.

Thanks again,

TG1

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Awesome and thanks for the link! And I think that Colbert did a good job putting the mocking of beliefs in perspective with his talking about how "rational" Catholicism is. All religion requires some suspension of disbelief, so the Xenu thing (while ridiculous) shouldn't be the focus of protests and criticism.

And way to sling the Scientologese - but I believe that it is "I will not hesitate to put ethics in on you!"

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Unfortunately I dont get that chsnnel but three friends called me to tell me about it! Two even recorded it for me on their dvr. The world is starting to watch and now poke fun! 'bout dang time :clap: I get asked daily about them now. I just steer them to all the new books out now. Amazon lets you "loan" books now and all but Jenna's book are now out on loan with a growing waiting list! :study:

I don't get the channel either but you can see it at the first link AngeloV provided if you haven't seen it by now. It's 2 video parts, one after the other. Do watch it. You'll find it very funny. Truth can be very funny.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

LUVVVVVED that show! Hilarious!

It's official: Scientology is the dorkiest, cringe-iest, most ludicrous terror-cult "religion" on the planet and has forced enough people to hate them that they have pulled in becoming a "Fair Game" media laughingstock punchline.

I love the smell of Karmic KSW Kamikaze in the morning!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Marty: Colbert Report on Scientology

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/colbert-report-on-scientology/

Colbert Report on Scientology Posted on February 7, 2013 by martyrathbun09 | 124 Comments

Like it or not, justified or not, the following segment on the popular Colbert Report (see both segments, second the interview with Lawrence Wright) pretty well sums up the public image of Scientology. Not the church of Scientology in the eyes of the world at large, but Scientology. A whacky religious cult with bizarre beliefs, violent practices and a threatening way of dealing with criticism.

The Colbert Report on Scientology

Do you believe this public image can change? How? How long will it take to change significantly?
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/colbert-report-on-scientology/#comment-253859

martyrathbun09 | February 7, 2013 at 7:54 pm | Reply

Dan,

I thought it was hilarious, as Colbert consistently is night after night. It was surprisingly well-informed, though Colbert and his staff are generally amazingly well-informed. I perhaps left out an important point in making my point in the intro to it. That is, Colbert is probably the most trustworthy source for the straight dope on world affairs. The only way one can get away with broadcasting the truth of a lot of important events is through satire, comedy. The networks and very best journalism sources are virtually all owned by the corporate powers whose games don’t make it onto the evening – or even cable network news. That is why Bill Maher and Jon Stewart too are so important in the age of information. When I said that this is an accurate take on the public image of Scientology, it was precisely because Colbert has huge credibility capital – particularly with the next generation of leaders. It was hilarious to boot because it so mercilessly pounced on the actual illogics.

Marty

Sindy

Crusader
Man, now Scientologists can't even watch The Colbert Report? No thanks! What kind of freedom is that? Sucks to be them. :yes:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Man, now Scientologists can't even watch The Colbert Report? No thanks! What kind of freedom is that? Sucks to be them. :yes:

Well, they could protect themselves from all criticism by moving to a compound at Miscavigetown down in French Guiana.

TG1

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Some bad news for Scientologists who watch the Late Show on CBS.

David Letterman is stepping down after more than 30 years of hosting the show and Colbert is taking over. :)

[video=youtube;PloLwRlUYUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PloLwRlUYUU[/video]