The Commander's favourite "Cowboy posts". Memoirs of working with Hubbard.

Re: trepidatious

Thanks. Btw, you have confirmation of who I am if you speak to mutual acquaintences.

We all want to help. And suffer a sense of betrayal at our sacrifice which oft times turned out to be pointless.

I enjoyed the comraderies of an elite group striving for good. Of trial by fire. BUt I've long since left that behind and found more joy and fullfilment in life than anything I could have imagined.

Free Being Me

Crusader

While I agree this is an important and valuable thread all you're accomplishing is filling the recent post section burying other posts. The thread is already available for all to read in context with other people's posts sharing their input.

*Pro-tip: Multiquote is there for a reason.

Last edited:

Hubbard would turn over in the grave at this. Forget whether she was right or wrong in what she did. She still was a brave lady, living in isolation, trying to do the right thing. For the record, she was a believer in "the end justifies the means", a principle in which I disagree, but she did give her all for Scn.

about msh

Anonycat

Crusader

Commander,

If you want to memorialize the Posts and parts of Posts from this Thread that you deem important, please start a knew thread instead of Fing with this one. :grouch:

Face:)

I don't see the point of buggering up the whole thread either. On the side-bar, I see all the new posts today are ".." Shame. I hope Cowboy returns.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't see the point of buggering up the whole thread either. On the side-bar, I see all the new posts today are ".." Shame. I hope Cowboy returns.

I think capturing Cowboy's stuff in one place is a great idea. However, I wouldn't want Commander BS to be my "Editor" (although he personally sees himself as being a Literary Genius) and it certainly is, IMHO, very disrespectful of Cowboy to F around like this with his Thread.

I really don't know whether or not Cowboy will return. He's very busy and has said all he feels comfortable saying at this point.

I've reported this activity to the Mod's and it's up to them to decide what to do. I'd like to see this thread cleaned up and the more than 40 Posts BS has posted in the last few hours be put in a new Thread where BS can put whatever he wants from this Thread and others can participate if they so wish.

Commander,

If you want to memorialize the Posts and parts of Posts from this Thread that you deem important, please start a new thread instead of Fing with this one. :grouch:

it wasn't to memorialize face, it was to make cowboy's body of writing readily accessible

i'm toulouse low tekk face and don't know how to take posts thread to thread but perhaps i'll learn as i have had many thoughts of what an editor might do with these writings...

a well edited "best of helluvahox"; he's always readable but his best stuff can be gutbuster

the Fing here is being done by the-poster-who-may-not-be named who recognizes gathering cowboy' stuff will be thought a boon to many and said poster does not wan anyone to think well of commander birdsong, his writing and his work

who of course soured the affection between you and i saying i had viciously attacked you when i had id in so many words "m'lady doth protest too much" in that you have lived quite well

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

it wasn't to memorialize face, it was to make cowboy's body of writing readily accessible

i'm toulouse low tekk face and don't know how to take posts thread to thread but perhaps i'll learn as i have had many thoughts of what an editor might do with these writings...

a well edited "best of helluvahox"; he's always readable but his best stuff can be gutbuster

the Fing here is being done by the-poster-who-may-not-be named who recognizes gathering cowboy' stuff will be thought a boon to many and said poster does not wan anyone to think well of commander birdsong, his writing and his work

who of course soured the affection between you and i saying i had viciously attacked you when i had id in so many words "m'lady doth protest too much" in that you have lived quite well

I understand what your intent was...I used "memorialize" as I see your "Editing" as building your own personal monument on Cowboys Thread of what you think is Noteworthy.

I'm sure there are Members that would be very willing to ejumicate you on how to merge Posts from other Threads into one Thread.

My opinions about you, your Post contents, writing style and work have nothing to do whatsoever with others "influences" or opinions. I'm not that weak minded or stupid.

Our "falling out" had everything solely to do with the contentious, inaccurate stuff you were Posting about the Apollo experience, El Ron, the conditions and treatment of crew and, in particular children on the Apollo of which you have no firsthand knowledge. Since that time you've continually posted stuff that I strongly disagree with, find juvenile and coarse, and Grandstanded and chopped up Threads but I've refrained from commenting actively or passively and will continue to do so. This, is an exception.

Cowboy is a personal friend I hold in high esteem, respect and affection.

You're free to view the "souring of our affection" as you see fit. I've just told you how I see it. I have much affection for nearly everyone that posts on this Board and I have affection for you...I just don't like what, IMO, you've morphed into on this Board and I no longer wish to play, which I already said openly on this Board months ago.

Now, if the Mods find nothing wrong with what you've just done to this Thread then that's the end of it...I will strongly disagree but will accept their adjudication.

One last time, Commander...This ain't about "You"...this is about what you did and, I assure you, if any other Member would have done to this Thread what you've done I woulda said and done the same thing. I'm not "Picking on you" because someone "3pd" you and I "bought the enemy line".

Peace,

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I already pulled all Cowboy's posts in a single post on the Questions, Questions thread. I did the same for Challenge, and will be doing the same for other first hand observers when I'm done excavating all the skeletons in Hellen Chen and Helmut Flasch's closets.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I already pulled all Cowboy's posts in a single post on the Questions, Questions thread. I did the same for Challenge, and will be doing the same for other first hand observers when I'm done excavating all the skeletons in Hellen Chen and Helmut Flasch's closets.

Awesome, Udarnik! And done without spamming threads and the board. It's wog magic. :ohmy: :hifive: :giggle:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

I was gonna tell BS that but he was so intent that he needed to "Edit" the stuff to his liking.

TheSpectator

Patron with Honors

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cowboy
First and foremost, Scientology was a marketing effort.

I remember once discussing what the next "released" level should deal with. Hubbard said go out and do a survey as to what people's wants were, what was the ruin, most pressing on their minds? Whatever that was is what the next level's result would be. And just tell them, he explained, through his marketing genius, if they pc didn't achieve that result, advise the staff to tell them that the next level would achieve that result.

I left when I realized that even Hubbard himself was a far cry from any of the results promised through clearing and OT. It took me years to separate the promises from the reality. I saw him in his daily activities, through his own ups and downs, illnesses, losses, frustrations, rages. I twisted my mind trying to make the facts fit into the promises. It didn't work.

NED was developed becasue Dianetics didn't work. NOTS was developed because NED didn't work.

None of it worked. Not one bit. Not on him. Not on others. Sure, it made some people feel good for a while. But did any of the avowed results ever come to fruition? Of course not.

Yes, this was my experience through the entire Bridge up through OT VII. It doesn't work. None of it. Makes you feel good for awhile but that's about it.

guanoloco

As-Wased

I've lost that thread...any links to it?