What's new

The CoS Still Can’t Do Simple Math Correctly

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is just plain awful. The better business should pay this place a visit.

The place I refer to is NIGHT CHURCH the ASHO Foundation

I received a promo piece from them for New Era Dianetics auditing
They have a price list in the promo for intensives

1 Intensive - $4,549.60
2 Intensives - $8,815.00
3 Intensives - $12,795.00 *
4 Intensives - $15,924.00 **
5 Intensives - $19,904.50
6 Intensives - $22,180.00 ***
7 Intensives - $23,885.40
8 Intensives - $27,298.00 ****

* = 25% discount
** = 30% discount
*** = 35% discount
**** = 40% discount

The discounts they list are bad, so bad that they are not only wrong, they are bad, did I forget to mention that they are truly bad. How bad are they? Well let’s see

1 Intensive - $4,549.60 No discount listed but I am sure that Terrill Park would say the price is bad

2 Intensives - $8,815.00 No discount listed but it is a 3% discount if we were to get technical

3 Intensives - $12,795.00 * = 25% discount but this discount is really only 6%

4 Intensives - $15,924.00 ** = 30% discount but this discount is really only 12%

5 Intensives - $19,904.50 No discount listed but it is a hefty 13% discount if we were to get technical

6 Intensives - $22,180.00 *** = 35% discount but this discount is really only 19%

7 Intensives - $23,885.40 No discount listed but it is a lofty 25% discount if we were to get technical

8 Intensives - $27,298.00 **** = 40% discount but this discount is really only 25%
I’m trying to picture a registrar trying to close someone and afterwards the victim realizes that the discount was only 25% when the promise was for a 40% discount. Maybe the victim would get written up for asking that the 15% overpaid amount be refunded.

A 3 intensive purchase would be a super classic screw job since they are expecting a 25% discount but they are getting a very crappy discount of only 6%.

Think of the potential for Success Stories.

“I am finally OT. My mathematical ability isn’t worth diddly squat but who needs Math when one has immortality and eternal salvation. Better yet, who needs money? Thank you Ron. Hip Hip… Hooray!

Or maybe the error will be discovered and then I will feel very sad for the person who put the promo together for I hear that the RPF is hell these days. But at least that person will be able to come to their senses and confess their crimes and be yelled at for pulling their wank when they should have been pulling extra hours to make sure the piece of promo was correct.

Sometimes I just have to cry. It is so unbelievably sad that they can’t do a simple thing like calculate a discount on sales. It’s no wonder that they can’t make informed decisions on things. It’s because they can’t place the proper value on the tangibles and intangibles.

Rd00

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rene. Rene, Rene, you don't even — you're glib. You don't even know what a discount is...

Those prices include a 15% down deposit for the basics, the new exciting sliding scale Freewinds eligibility donation deposit and the JUST released DVD of LRH singing the Way to Happiness to the tune of Lily the Pink.

If you subtract all that from the figures you quoted you will see that the discount you are getting is far, far more than 25%.

However we don't want anyone to feel out exchange....

aurora

Patron

The place I refer to is NIGHT CHURCH the ASHO Foundation

Sometimes I just have to cry. It is so unbelievably sad that they can’t do a simple thing like calculate a discount on sales. It’s no wonder that they can’t make informed decisions on things. It’s because they can’t place the proper value on the tangibles and intangibles.

Rd00

I also have some promo from asho night church and I have different numbers!

it lists a single intensive as $4,549.60 (so far same)

then it says "introductory OT preps package (4 Intensives at 40% discount): $13,648.00"

That's only a discount of 25%... but I guess that's better than your 12% discount... wtf lol

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
You know that when they get to that final hunker in the bunker stage the redges will let the public dicker with them as if over the price of a used car. They may even start accepting trade-ins ... that is, a discount if you allow them to take your first born into the sea org or something.

Pete

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It used to be that the multiple-intensive discount was calculated from the full price, but the single intensive was sold at less than the "full price."

Years ago there was a 5% advanced payment discount on one or two intensives (on which there was no other discount). There was a discount on three or more intensives, but the percentage was reckoned on the full price, not the 5% discount price.

I have seen CofS price lists in the past few years that give both the "full" price and the "IAS" price, whatever that means in reality if you have to be an IAS member to get any auditing.

So here, is that what is happening? The discounts are being reckoned against the "full price" (which no-one ever pays) and not the single intensive IAS-discount price?

Paul

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
It used to be that the multiple-intensive discount was calculated from the full price, but the single intensive was sold at less than the "full price."

Years ago there was a 5% advanced payment discount on one or two intensives (on which there was no other discount). There was a discount on three or more intensives, but the percentage was reckoned on the full price, not the 5% discount price.

I have seen CofS price lists in the past few years that give both the "full" price and the "IAS" price, whatever that means in reality if you have to be an IAS member to get any auditing.

So here, is that what is happening? The discounts are being reckoned against the "full price" (which no-one ever pays) and not the single intensive IAS-discount price?

Paul

Maybe on some things maybe not on others

But I don't quite know how all this works - that which you wrote

But I will say this.

The price of 27,298 for 8 intensves is a 40% discount from 45,496.

If I understand what you are saying is that the ""gross" price per intensive without any discount is really 45,496 / 8 = 5,687 (Terrill probably hit the roof seeing that figure)

The price for 4 intensives of 15,924 is a 30% discount from 22,748 which is 5 intensives. And the same thing 5,687 "gross" price per intensive.

And after further review it looks like the discounts are from the 5,687 price.

But in that case the price of 1 intensive is a 20% discount

And 2 is a 22. 1/4%

And 5 is a 30%

and 7 is a 40%

Well I can tell you that if this were put forth by an EMBA student to a professor for Marketing Sales class the professor would tally it all as being incorrect, that is unless for two reasons.

Either the professor is lenient like I was when I taught and gives partial credit

or the other reason, that being that the professor looks at it as a highly skilled marketing success idea to flim flam the client and make the product look that much more enticing thereby generating more sales and mroe commissions.

Rd00

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Deer Natterers,

I have calculaded the dollor amounts and your sadly misteakan be cause the numburs are totaly corect. Find you're MU! What your not real eyes'ing is that Scientologist's are the top 1 per-cent and they're eye-Q's are off the top of the graf be cause just the basic's a loan are weigh betor than a coledge docters degree. Four exampel I never went to coledge and diden't even compleat hi scool but by the time I was 13 I could allready due my own graf be cause I was staph statis zearo. In anycase, you doan't hav to get all signiffican't about the cost of auditting be cause Ron said the valu of the bridge is price-list.

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
As it was Professor Commodore Dr L Ron Hubbard MD, who actually invented mathematics, you should all be showing a little more respect. Notice the SL13 Quantum-buster advanced emeter being used in the clip.

Here is a short introduction to Hubbardian Mathematics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTFV9w4B0eg

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Deer Natterers,

I have calculaded the dollor amounts and your sadly misteakan be cause the numburs are totaly corect. Find you're MU! What your not real eyes'ing is that Scientologist's are the top 1 per-cent and they're eye-Q's are off the top of the graf be cause just the basic's a loan are weigh betor than a coledge docters degree. Four exampel I never went to coledge and diden't even compleat hi scool but by the time I was 13 I could allready due my own graf be cause I was staph statis zearo. In anycase, you doan't hav to get all signiffican't about the cost of auditting be cause Ron said the valu of the bridge is price-list.

Dear HH,

Are you implying that during star-rate checkouts the students are only asked for definitions of the words and to use them in sentences but are never asked to spell them because that is not incuded in the HCOB on star-rate checkouts?

Rd00

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
You know that when they get to that final hunker in the bunker stage the redges will let the public dicker with them as if over the price of a used car. They may even start accepting trade-ins ... that is, a discount if you allow them to take your first born into the sea org or something.

Pete

Gosh, maybe they can start a "I'll have to talk to the manager" routine
"before I can let it go at such a rediculously low price". Maybe someone
could publish their version of "Best Used Car Prices"...Scientology's "Blue Book"
so to speak..."Best Auditing Prices" etc.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Nope. They are exactly right. Go to Cramming.

The full price of one intensive is $5687. There is a 20% IAS discount available.

At the full price of $5687 an intensive, the prices would be:

1 for $5687
2 for $11,374
3 for $17,061
4 for $22,748
5 for $28,435
6 for $34,122
7 for $39,809
8 for $45,496.

$4549.60 = 20% off full price of $5687.
$8815.00 = 22.5% discount off the full price of $11,374 (ignoring 62 cents)
$12,795.00 = 25% off the full price of $17,061.

And so on.

Paul

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Gosh, maybe they can start a "I'll have to talk to the manager" routine
"before I can let it go at such a rediculously low price". Maybe someone
could publish their version of "Best Used Car Prices"...Scientology's "Blue Book"
so to speak..."Best Auditing Prices" etc.

A SALESMAN IS AN IT THAT STINKS EXCUSE

a salesman is an it that stinks Excuse

Me whether it's president of the you were say

or a jennelman name misder finger isn't
important whether it's millions of other punks
or just a handful absolutely doesn't
matter and whether it's in lonjewray

or shrouds is immaterial it stinks

a salesman is an it that stinks to please

but whether to please itself or someone else

makes no more difference than if it sells
hate condoms education snakeoil vac
uumcleaners terror strawberries democ
ra(caveat emptor)cy superfluous hair

or Think We've Met subhuman rights Before

--EE Cummings

(Apologies to any ethical salespeople present)

aurora

Patron

The full price of one intensive is $5687. There is a 20% IAS discount available.

1 for 5687
2 for 11374
3 for 17061
4 for 22748
5 for 28435
6 for 34122
7 for 39809
8 for 45496.

4549.60 = 20% off full price of 5687.
8815.00 = 22.5% discount off the full price of 11374
12795 = 25% off the full price of 17061.

And so on.

Paul

ahhh, that makes sense. I mean within the confines of Scientology it does. My promo didn't list the non-member price for the 4 intensives.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Deer Natterers,

HH, I no your not tha best at spelling but you myspelled "amounts" and
cause". The correct spellings are "amowntz" and "caws".

Yo'ure wellcum.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron

1 for $5687
2 for $11,374
3 for $17,061
4 for $22,748
5 for $28,435
6 for $34,122
7 for $39,809
8 for $45,496.

$4549.60 = 20% off full price of $5687.
$8815.00 = 22.5% discount off the full price of $11,374 (ignoring 62 cents)
$12,795.00 = 25% off the full price of $17,061.

And so on.

Paul

What's you do? Pull those numbers off of the post I put up about an hour ago?

Well I will not go to cramming for two reasons

1) I discovered that there is an outness. Despite the discount being listed from the full price the promo does not state that. Therefore the promo piece has "missing data" and therefore the person who created the promo piece should go to, not Cramming, but should go to the RPF because this is going to create a lot of Dev-T on reg cycles. And aurora's promo did not list that either so the person who created that promo should be sent to the RPF, if it is a different person and also that person's senior.

2) Cramming is just one big freekin' stat push for Success Stories.

The person who should go to the RPF will be excused from the RPF if that person has upstats AND can put together a well written CSW that shows and convinces the Pope on a Rope that the idea to not list the percentages as being from the full price was an ingenius idea that will generate more income which the Church can use to put into their building fund and generate even more money in interest earnings and also be willing to sign papers stating that they are aware that the idea for this was totally the idea of the Pope on a Rope and they were just carrying out the Pope on a Rope's orders.

Rd00

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What's you do? Pull those numbers off of the post I put up about an hour ago?

More or less. I did a bit of sleuthing online and found that the IAS discount at AOLA was 20% some years ago. I figured it would be the same, and tried it out on your figures. It worked.

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Dear HH,

Are you implying that during star-rate checkouts the students are only asked for definitions of the words and to use them in sentences but are never asked to spell them because that is not incuded in the HCOB on star-rate checkouts?

Rd00

If Ron didn't say to ask for the correct spelling then it is not necessary.

If, however, Ron did say to ask for the correct spelling then that would be verbal data.

He would have to write it down.

Then it would be holy scripture.

Just follow the instructions that came inside the Scientology box and you will end up totally free like Ron is now.

Sindy

Crusader
If Ron didn't say to ask for the correct spelling then it is not necessary.

If, however, Ron did say to ask for the correct spelling then that would be verbal data.

He would have to write it down.

Then it would be holy scripture.

Just follow the instructions that came inside the Scientology box and you will end up totally free like Ron is now.

The instructions in my box are from R Lon Hubbald and are very difficult to assemble. :coolwink: (cheap plastic shit)

Mystic

Crusader
I was reading this thread with an honest intent of replying something or another into it. Then I hit HH's, then db's response to HH and now all I can is :hysterical:

OK, ok, then, I'll just go pee. I hope I can mathematically calculate the correct distance the peestream must cover in order to miss the floor.