The Courage of Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
The courage it took for Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder to do what they did will go down in history.

To be where they were in the church of scientology and to then come out against what was happening inside the church took an enormous amount of courage that only a few in this world will ever know.

I want to say to both of them if they are reading this: I know what is happening also and I share your goals. If you ever need my help I will be there to assist as best I can.

The situation is a mess but it can be put back to right and both of you have taken the first step to putting things back to right.

Here's to Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder, two great men, two great beings.

The courage it took for Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder to do what they did will go down in history.

To be where they were in the church of scientology and to then come out against what was happening inside the church took an enormous amount of courage that only a few in this world will ever know.

I want to say to both of them if they are reading this: I know what is happening also and I share your goals. If you ever need my help I will be there to assist as best I can.

The situation is a mess but it can be put back to right and both of you have taken the first step to putting things back to right.

I just threw up in the trashcan by my desk
puke.gif

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
It takes courage for everyone to speak out, but I especially admire the people who were more highly placed, come out in the media and criticize Scn, and especially those who risk losing connections to family and friends as a result.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dream On

Dream On ! :duh: :omg:

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
F*ck Marty. He is an arrogant prick looking to replace DM. Marty helped make scientology what it is today and Marty just wants a piece of the action. He's not a good person - just greedy. :gimmesome:

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
F*ck Marty. He is an arrogant prick looking to replace DM. Marty helped make scientology what it is today and Marty just wants a piece of the action. He's not a good person - just greedy. :gimmesome:

Doesn't that sound like something Tommy Davis would have said?

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Doesn't that sound like something Tommy Davis would have said?

Um, no. What scientology is today is something very bad. It also implies, IMO, that DM is stealing church money - just like Marty wants to do. I don't think DM would pull his puppet strings and make the mouth say he's stealing Church funds and Marty just wants his cut. Although, that would be an interesting strategy.

Mystic

Crusader
Oh such bravery to enter The battle of the Mighty Turds in the Turdbowl.

(shhhhhh...don't tell anyone. They will all be flushed.)

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am very glad that Marty and Mike have spoken out and undoubtedly this has put them in the firing line, but it is a hell of a lot safer to speak out now than it was even 5 years ago. Thanks to all those courageous people who have set up websites, written books and Anonymous, the CoS has too many targets to do anything really effective in retaliation.

But, I temper this gladness with utter contempt and loathing for those low-lifes who are supposedly the ‘management’ of the CoS and know of these abuses and the fact that Scientology is rapidly going down the pan, but still remain in and continue to give the tyrant their support and even shamelessly lie to cover up the truth. When will these gutless wonders grow a backbone and stand up and be counted?

The fact that Marty has spoken out and made his story well-known has had a big effect and he has backed this up by gathering a group of like-minded people to create an effective opposition to Miscavige from within Scientology. This will enable those many Scientologists who are nominally still in the CoS to have a safe place to go and air their disagreements. These people would probably never have considered joining a ‘critical’ group, but know that something is very wrong within the CoS and would like to do something about it but are too scared to stand up on their own.

I believe that we are entering a new phase in the struggle against the cult. There is a momentum that cannot be stopped now, there can only be one outcome.

Axiom142

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Stay away from that Koolaid flash it's dangerous stuff. Smilla.

gimli

Patron
I know, successful troll and all that...

But in a related matter I find it hilarious when these two criminals (I'm assuming if 1% that is said about Rinder is true, he also is a criminal) start shouting from the rooftops about how bad Miscavige is.

It would be one thing if they started saying how crazy the upper levels and management were and all the insane things they knew about and condoned and actual projects they oversaw that basically entailed ruining people's lives.

But they stick to one narrow "DM is a bad guy".

Fucking cowards sit back knowing about children working insane hours and being pressured into joining Sea Org at a young age. Children being separated from their parents. People's passports being taken from them and other leverages being used to get people to keep quiet and agree to things like leaving your children on the other side of the continent.

Rathbun is the kind of guy who gladly destroyed evidence and records of LM death, and who knows what other deaths. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of stuff Rinder did and deaths and suicides he covered up. Families lied to when someone jumps off a bridge.

None of the shit Rinder and Rathbun did have much to do with DM. They probably were doing the same stuff in the early 80s. It's about how the policies of LRH must be carried out which causes lies, pain and suffering. (And empties your pockets so that the cult can increase their real estate portfolio). I mean Hubbard was busy binding people with rope and tossing them overboard, or locking people in the chain locker, or covering up mysterious suicides on his boat. So, doesn't really sound like DM is doing anything that hasn't always been a part of the upper management of CoS.

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
It takes a real man to admit that he made a mistake and to try and make things right.

Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder are real men in my book.

They did in the past what they felt was right and for the best of all of us and now I truly believe that they are trying to do the same thing now by speaking out.

Do you realize how hard that must have been for Mike Rinder, their former spokesperson?

I understand why they did what they did then and I understand why they are doing what they are doing now. They felt it was the best thing to do. The only thing I can fault them on is their not doing it a little sooner.

Anyone running them down for their comming out and speaking out like they are doing now is just running an OSA black PR line.

Degrading these two men at this point will only assist those doing wrong in the church to be able to continue doing so.

They are to be supported.