What's new

The Courage of Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Rosy, so glad you joined us, though you nearly got lost amongst the power tools.

It did puzzle me why anyone would take spiritual guidance from one so arrogant, the two things don't go together for me.

Please post more in the new members section.
:happydance:

Dear Fail, thanks for your posting.

You are even HIGHER than the "Moving On Up A Little Higher" goons. I couldn't have said it even better. This "Scientology independence" group is simply independence from DM and no longer kissing his ass. But if you don't now back them up 100% and look upon Marty as a "saviour" to the religion, then you are a "DM agent" or "out-ethics" (I'm in this category).

I'm speaking from my own experience here so it may not be true for everyone. This group excludes off of Marthy's opinion about who is a spy, a DM agent or out ethics - this is arbitrary, opinionated and, whether you think Scientology is a pile of shit or not, is contrary to policy - it's "Marty's policy".

Yeah, that really speaks for human rights and freedom of speech and respect for those who think differently or don't support you 100%.

I know Marty speaking out is a major blow and I support him for speaking out and believe it makes a difference. ONLY because he was in a position to receive a hell of a lot more data than most of us and worked with "the man" (DM) close enough to know more about how he ticks than most guys.

But sorry, this doesn't make him "higher" than or give him any right to throw his arrogant Int base mentality on the rest of us "small" guys.

I'm new here - I had to register and post when I saw "Fail"s post as I am now finding someone on the same page as I am.

So I hope I am welcomed.

aaron saxton

Patron with Honors
KNOCK OFF THE DEGRADE

Marty and Mike have no more courage than anyone else who lef the Sea Org.

Position this...position that.... makes no difference.

It isn't about how high you were up, it is about how courageous you were.

And these guys are cowards for not saying anything of value since they have left.

I would think more of them if they didn't wear the label "I am speaking out". But because they are wearing that proud pin, perhaps they should actually TALK.

I have the same respect for the cook at the AOSH ANZO who left of the guy who worked in Estates Org. Or the Guy who did an OCA, a communications course and then walked out.

It is only the pathetic Scientology BS and Sea Org BS that would make you admire these guys more than anyone else.

Your still trapped into thinking along scales, high to low, left to right...

Wake up.

Marty and Mike wore gold bars and stoodf up on TV. Woopy... they are doing nothing of substantial value to actually shut the Church down. Others are however.

Take a look at the guys in the Courts.

Out on the street.

Protesting.

They are the heros if there ever were ones.

Marty is just glad the resistance is large enugh so he thinks he came come out now and play "I'm the new Leader" with us all.

Sadly mistaken.

I admire them for leaving. I am not going to deify them for an act that has been done by 1000's of others who have gone on silenced, critized and kept in the dark because of what Marty and Mark did.

When Mark and Mike start talking, let me know, until then...

To me, it is the M&M show. The red ones. The Blue ones. They taste the same, just the shell is slightly different.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Marty and Mike have no more courage than anyone else who lef the Sea Org.

Position this...position that.... makes no difference.

It isn't about how high you were up, it is about how courageous you were.

And these guys are cowards for not saying anything of value since they have left.

I would think more of them if they didn't wear the label "I am speaking out". But because they are wearing that proud pin, perhaps they should actually TALK.

I have the same respect for the cook at the AOSH ANZO who left of the guy who worked in Estates Org. Or the Guy who did an OCA, a communications course and then walked out.

It is only the pathetic Scientology BS and Sea Org BS that would make you admire these guys more than anyone else.

Your still trapped into thinking along scales, high to low, left to right...

Wake up.

Marty and Mike wore gold bars and stoodf up on TV. Woopy... they are doing nothing of substantial value to actually shut the Church down. Others are however.

Take a look at the guys in the Courts.

Out on the street.

Protesting.

They are the heros if there ever were ones.

Marty is just glad the resistance is large enugh so he thinks he came come out now and play "I'm the new Leader" with us all.

Sadly mistaken.

I admire them for leaving. I am not going to deify them for an act that has been done by 1000's of others who have gone on silenced, critized and kept in the dark because of what Marty and Mark did.

When Mark and Mike start talking, let me know, until then...

To me, it is the M&M show. The red ones. The Blue ones. They taste the same, just the shell is slightly different.
They would like to be seen as heroes. Rathbun clearly likes to project the image of himself as 'tough' guy. The trouble is that like the 'church' it's all spin and image manipulation. They are not so far away from Miscavige in mentality. The big difference is that Miscavige has got the money. That must be a bitter pill for tough guy Marty. I'm sure that he believes that he's owed a share. Give it up Marty - it's not going to happen. As for you Aron. You I can respect.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
They would like to be seen as heroes. Rathbun clearly likes to project the image of himself as 'tough' guy. The trouble is that like the 'church' it's all spin and image manipulation. They are not so far away from Miscavige in mentality. The big difference is that Miscavige has got the money. That must be a bitter pill for tough guy Marty. I'm sure that he believes that he's owed a share. Give it up Marty - it's not going to happen. As for you Aron. You I can respect.

Seconded.

Rosy

Welcome Rosy, so glad you joined us, though you nearly got lost amongst the power tools.

It did puzzle me why anyone would take spiritual guidance from one so arrogant, the two things don't go together for me.

Please post more in the new members section.
:happydance:

Thanks anonomog - I will find this section and post in it - still swimming around and getting to know the water here.

I can say that I was in Scientology and on staff for a couple of decades. I understand your question re: spiritual guidance. You are correct - arrogance and spiritual guidance don't go together. But you are not necessarily thinking about spiritual guidance when you are in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. One of paranoia or where it is ingrained in you that it is "we" against "them" and that "we" are the only solution.

And when you are put in a situation where you don't know any other kind of think or other ideas, then it does work as brainwashing and mind control. Of course, I never saw this when I was in it nor realized how arrogant I, myself had become. I have been out for several years now and the layers are still peeling off. It isn't easy and I am sure that you and everyone else here that was on staff know what I am talking about.

What was going on at that base was not why I originally joined staff - which WAS for the spiritual guidance, higher awareness and living to my fullest potential as well as helping others to do the same. But then, that's why I'm not there anymore and got out.

And while I do think highly of those speaking out, I also see the arrogant and opinionated mentality from that base starting to poke up - you have your "inner circle" and those who are "inethics" (factually it's a nothing more than a clique) and those that are out-ethics cats. I find it unfortunate.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hi Rosy and :welcome: if you accept a welcome from a "wog". :D

Yes, of course you're welcome here, although your choice of where you make your 1st post(s) might be a little "unfortunate", because I and a few others had deliberately tried to derail this thread; for reasons that you will understand after you've read a little more around here :coolwink: (Hint: the thread starter has been banned by now.)

However, don't let that stop you from posting. The "new members section" anonomog mentioned, can be found here:
New Member Introductions, where you'll receive a lot more welcomes than here. :)