What's new

The Dangerous Dimension

I was listening to Sirius Book Radio and it seems they are running a program for the next few weeks called "Tales From The Golden Age" from 11:00 AM EST - 2:00 PM EST which showcases Hubbard's science fiction prior to Scientology.
They happened to broadcast Hubbard's first pulp fiction short story "The Dangerous Dimension" which he originally wrote for Astounding Science Fiction in 1938. It was the standard mediocre writing you'd expect from Hubbard not too painful, but not anything you'd ever go back to. It probably would have been better if the audio presentation was so over the top dramatic. After listening to it I can see where "the almost getting hit by a freight train on Venus", and "walking in the Van Allen Belt" along with the other outdated science fiction exteriorization implants Hubbard incorporated into Scientology began. I guess "Tales From The Golden Age" is another way of saying "The Roots of Scientology"

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was listening to Sirius Book Radio and it seems they are running a program for the next few weeks called "Tales From The Golden Age" from 11:00 AM EST - 2:00 PM EST which showcases Hubbard's science fiction prior to Scientology.
They happened to broadcast Hubbard's first pulp fiction short story "The Dangerous Dimension" which he originally wrote for Astounding Science Fiction in 1938. It was the standard mediocre writing you'd expect from Hubbard not too painful, but not anything you'd ever go back to. It probably would have been better if the audio presentation was so over the top dramatic. After listening to it I can see where "the almost getting hit by a freight train on Venus", and "walking in the Van Allen Belt" along with the other outdated science fiction exteriorization implants Hubbard incorporated into Scientology began. I guess "Tales From The Golden Age" is another way of saying "The Roots of Scientology"

I didn't think that Ron's sci-fi writng was very good. Especially that book Battlefiled Earth. I cannot understand why some people think that Ron was a genius. As I've seen from a few comments on the forum.

I didn't think that Ron's sci-fi writng was very good. Especially that book Battlefiled Earth. I cannot understand why some people think that Ron was a genius. As I've seen from a few comments on the forum.

His sci-fi writing is okay, but you can tell he was paid by the word, everything he ever wrote was at least twice as long as it had to be. He takes so long describing the most simplest of objects and incidents, that you forget what he is describing by time he finally finishes.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Originally Posted by michaelangelo View Post
Quote I didn't think that Ron's sci-fi writng was very good. Especially that book Battlefiled Earth. I cannot understand why some people think that Ron was a genius. As I've seen from a few comments on the forum.Quote

His sci-fi writing is okay, but you can tell he was paid by the word, everything he ever wrote was at least twice as long as it had to be. He takes so long des
cribing the most simplest of objects and incidents, that you forget what he is describing by time he finally finishes.
Do you think that Ron was a genius in other ways? his Scio tech for example?.

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'd say the third dimension is pretty dangerous. That's the one where something can reach right up and smack ya. 8D