What's new

The differences in Clear??

Wisened One

Crusader
Sandy: lol, how do you think I felt as a Div 6'er HAVING to TALK to the Public? Ugh...:duh:

Oh boy...this reminds me of a big "hooha" I started in the academy one nite.
LRH was talking about MEST clear, Theta clear, blah blah blah,

I asked the sup. Which level of clear is on the bridge poster on the wall there. Oh MY..... There is no reference on that......what a mess!!

As so many times before, I just pretended I GOT IT, shut my mouth and planned my getaway. The staff and SO missionaires started lining up outside the acad about 9:55. You kindof had to put your head down and start moving before you heard "can I have a quick comm cycle with you?"

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh boy...this reminds me of a big "hooha" I started in the academy one nite.
LRH was talking about MEST clear, Theta clear, blah blah blah,

I asked the sup. Which level of clear is on the bridge poster on the wall there. Oh MY..... There is no reference on that......what a mess!!

As so many times before, I just pretended I GOT IT, shut my mouth and planned my getaway. The staff and SO missionaires started lining up outside the acad about 9:55. You kindof had to put your head down and start moving before you heard "can I have a quick comm cycle with you?"

...I am not the ethics particle you are seeking... move along

crm1978

Patron with Honors
I suppose the big question to me is there any objective reality at all to the "tech" or is just a made up game of hypnotic mind control?Also you have to consider the motives of Hubbard It seems clear IMO that making money and autocratic reality control was the real goal.Another factor is the behavior and mental state of LRH and to what extent that affected the tech in other words if the guy who created it may have been insane mentally ill or what ever term you like might the product have been insane as well

Greg Rice

Patron
Its pretty simple.

The Dianetics book is to sell you clear.

Then they can continue to re-sell you clear again and again,
saying that this is really clear, or now that is really clear, or now you need to do
the clear "certainty" rundown or other crap.

Then that's all irrelevent anyhow, since its not a matter of "clear" or
your bank, when they tell you the problem is really BTs all along.

This is all total crap. If BTs were real, then clearing on Dianetics
or up the grade chart just would not likely work. You would be endlessly
running the "engrams" of BTs. Or duplicate engrams of your own that
were "duplicated" by BTs.

This is all crap.

Auditing helps a person make personal gain. The actual gain seems to be different from person to person. All this crap about clear or OT is primarily marketing and repackaging. (from what I can tell)

thank you Pitbull!!!

renegade

I used to wonder why dianetics was so highly promoted and continues to be sold.

When I got to the org, it was kind of implied, but never stated out in the open that book 1 was/is "The old, long winded way" to clear. Now there is the new improved faster bridge. This made it seem like it was "Bait" to me.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
There is no way to clear, unless you consider clear a temporary condition, and where clear means no special abilities, just no "aberrations" (AESPs). Dianetics, or similar regressive, abreactive techniques will achieve that, given that the "aberrations" are not genetic or due to education. The new bells and whistles might help speed things along, if they aren't conducted in a cultic environment, but there is no ideal state that is better than you at peak performance, which requires not only self-knowledge, but practice, focus and commitment.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I suppose the big question to me is there any objective reality at all to the "tech" or is just a made up game of hypnotic mind control?Also you have to consider the motives of Hubbard It seems clear IMO that making money and autocratic reality control was the real goal.Another factor is the behavior and mental state of LRH and to what extent that affected the tech in other words if the guy who created it may have been insane mentally ill or what ever term you like might the product have been insane as well

Hubbard's 'Tech' is effective, but it does not deliver - and wasn't designed to deliver, what was promised. Hubbard's 'Tech' is a method of social engineering, which if given full reign, would create a society very similar to that of North Korea. That is what it was designed for.

tumblr_ksp4igC9hw1qzb91ho1_500.jpg

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Being an auditor during the time of various versions of 'clear' was fun.

Do a date / locate on when somebody went 'clear' and it ends up loooong before Hubbard was around.

Do a fish & fumble D of P looking for the "clear cog' so the PC can attest.

Do a CCRD............gawd!

All were quick ways to get busted off auditing!

And the parade of 'natural clears'. In MY experience I never met anyone MYSELF who...not. had attested to ' natural clear' who was anything but a loon.
( I never could get behind the BS being sold that attesting to natural clear
would resolve NCG...or ethics bait )

And, sometimes "clears" ran just fine on dianetics after being " clear" and sometimes, of course, not. Same for grades.....and life repair. Ran fine...or not.

And some "clears" got is real trouble on OT levels - and others not.

How the hell does somebody NOT clear manage to get through all the OT levels just FINE and then somewhere on OT 7 - while doing just fine - some idiot decides they are not clear and puts them back on WTF?

They are STILL selling " one size fits all " and that has gotten very outdated.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I was told I was a natural clear by a FLAG Missionaire who C/Sed me for CCRD. She did this while I was declared suppressive, and told me that declare was bullshit, because it is impossible for a clear to be suppressive. I did voice the clear cog during an interview. She gave me a bunch of references about natural clear, and I had floating TA then and for several days afterward.

Three days later, she was gone, I was thrown out of the place I was staying in with my wife because she was living with the HAS. I had been living with the HAS the entire time I was doing A-E (several months) in Boston. It was never a problem until this point, I just wasn't supposed to chat with staff and public until the paperwork cleared. Suddenly, I had to go, immediately, and without saying goodbye to my wife and children. I violated that order. I asked the wife to come with me, and she said no. My only terminal was IJC. :) Been like that ever since.

Apparently, being clear does NOT mean you cannot be an SP.

FoTi

Crusader
I wonder what the % is of dead files vs active files in CF now. Eventually they will run out of people to write to or will not receive any letters in.....a letters in stat of 0? What will they do with that? Maybe they could write to each other. :giggle:

I don't know what made me think of that.

JackStraw

Perusing this whole thread leads me to thing "what a toss-pot scn actually is."

I attested "Natural Clear" somewhere along the line. I recall thinking "Gee, I can't think of a time I ever 'decided' to have a reactive mind."

More accurately I never bought into the notion that I had a RM, whether introduced via Book 1, or a Div VIer on an OCA eval or because some adorably cute girl decided to talk to me on the street.

When I talked to these guys I kinda maintained an intellectual distance, holding in abeyance any definite conclusions. I kept my own counsel.

I mean, I read DMSMH and early Tech vols and was stunned by the HCOBs about clearing that changed so frequently-sometimes daily. "I have found the way to clear mankind wholesale. The old ways are canceled. This new method is the way we will clear earth." One, two, eight (whatever) days later: "Now we can really accomplish planetary clearing!". sheesh!

And, keep in mind, this is all SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH. It was all carefully researched-yeah, right!:eyeroll:

--leaves one (me) to ask, why did I stick around so damned long?????:duh:

Jack