What's new

The E-Meter As A Delusion Facilitator

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Lionheart takes the time to be thorough -because of the dismissive responses to a question which should be taken seriously IMO by those who choose to use or support the tech.

Such a discussion, if it were to happen in mainstream psychology/psychotherapy
(in the hypothetical situation that some kind of meter was used), would be welcomed.

Lionheart seems to have articulated his argument so well - presumably using data which cannnot be refuted- that he got agreement. But with a dismisive attitude.

Carmel did not seem to agree with Lionheart at first but they found points about which they did agree. I don't think either of them ended up miffed about it or thought they had lost anything.

It was a good discussion. IMO it was an important one given the fact that any kind of "therapist" could influence their client. Scientology does include indoctrination and the 'baked bean factory" approach could tend to steer clients to auditor/scientology expected outcomes.

FTS gave personal experience of negative expereiences.

It is not about trying to get everyone to stop using e-maters, or to stop everyone auditing.

Get over it!

Considering the strident, ad hominem, and cutting posts speculating on the motives and actions of those who disagree with their stance on this and other threads, I find that to be incorrect.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Agreed. I can't say they were all delusional. It would seem that many were, from my originations of "It's dub-in. I EP'd on ___". But others seemed to be genuine and EP'd as if they were. It doesn't mean that they were genuine, but the point is that since I could easily get out of a chain by finding an earlier point where it had EP'd I had no real necessity for continuing on with a charade (i.e. that specific whole track chain) if I genuinely felt that it was a charade.

Not so interesting, though. :).

Paul

Yes. I think a key point here is what we were primed up to "find" when we went earlier similar. Personally I was well primed by "Have you Lived Before this Life" and other LRH whole track references on the tapes. I "found" the suggested Space Opera, the implants, etc. Some of the more earth-bound "lives" maybe were more real. Intrerestingly I appeared to get case gain on those incidents that I would now label delusional.

It was only when reading your post about earlier similar that I remembered about Standard Dianetics going straight on to ask for an Earlier Similar if the meter TA was going up.

Similarly when I posted my fictional session, I decided just to write out the procedure as best I could remember it from more than three decades ago and then analyse the meter usage. I found it enlightening. The messed up auditing comm cycle where the auditor was asking "Is it?" instead of "what's it?" was a genuine revelation to me, as was the memory of the indoctrination about the meter on the CS1.

I wonder what would happen if we wrote out more session patters and noted how the meter affected the procedure? It is always possible to see things, that we accepted unquestioningly, newly when we review them.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I wonder what would happen if we wrote out more session patters and noted how the meter affected the procedure? It is always possible to see things, that we accepted unquestioningly, newly when we review them.

Well, there's a good way of finding out....

(BTW, I'm not going to do it. :))

Paul

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, there's a good way of finding out....

(BTW, I'm not going to do it. :))

Paul

Thanks Paul.

Well I've pushed hard enough on this thread. :melodramatic: It's up to ESMBers now if they want to discuss the actual topic.

I managed to get some discussion going with a few. Phew!

I'm not responding to further attempts by anyone to divert the thread, advise me on my style of posting, discussion about how to not use the meter, ridicule, or anything else not on the topic.

The trail this thread followed is clear enough for anyone to read. The obfuscation, ridicule and any mistakes I've made are clear for all to see. I don't think they need further discussion.

For better or worse, skillfully or not, I kept it on topic and got some discussion going on the topic, thanks to all who contributed to that. It's up to EMSBers as to whether they want to discuss it further or not.

I'll respond to any contributions on topic if I have anything to say, otherwise it is zippo from me! :)

Considering the strident, ad hominem, and cutting posts speculating on the motives and actions of those who disagree with their stance on this and other threads, I find that to be incorrect.

What ad hominem? What cutting posts speculating on the motives and actions of those who disagree with their stance on this and other threads?

Who are "those that disagree"?

Which stance is/was being disageed with?

Who is it that has/had the stance?

And what is it that you find to be incorrect?

What I said about Lionheart?
What I said about Carmel?
What I said about FTS?
Some other comment or opinion I gave?
All the above?
What is it that you disagree with?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
What ad hominem? What cutting posts speculating on the motives and actions of those who disagree with their stance on this and other threads?

What I said about FTS?
All the above?

Re the ad homs and strident snotty posts to those who disagree with the critical status quo- It's all there in this thread. 'Nuff said.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

What I said about FTS?
All the above?

You didn't really expect an answer with specifics did you? :coolwink:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I would like to indicate that if there has been rudeness, ad hominem attacks, derisive ridicule of people and their ideas, total obfuscation and dodging of the issues, and general make-wrong and invalidation in this thread, then...

It was not my fault.

I have not posted in this thread until now.

Please remember that.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I would like to indicate that if there has been rudeness, ad hominem attacks, derisive ridicule of people and their ideas, total obfuscation and dodging of the issues, and general make-wrong and invalidation in this thread, then...

It was not my fault.

I have not posted in this thread until now.

Please remember that.

But, you could be the hidden influence... the fifth element. :whistling:

You didn't really expect an answer with specifics did you? :coolwink:

answers schamsers
specifics schepifics

Tis not about that. But rather the delight of two dear friends battering
their silly heads against a brick wall.
It's colorful. A little bit of blood.

It's spiritual. We realize our separateness.:) :p :p

Carmel

Crusader
But, you could be the hidden influence... the fifth element. :whistling:

Of course he is the hidden influence. After all, he's the "guru" of ESMB (even if self proclaimed), he knows all, and he's got over 8000 posts for goodness sake! :eyeroll:

No doubt it was ALL his fault - yet for some bloody reason we love at least some of the arrogant bastard anyway. :confused2: :coolwink:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I'd add by saying that I consider the emeter to be akin to a trickle charger that you use on your boat or motorcycle to keep the batteries topped off.
It won't jump start you but it will give you the slightest electronic stimulus that keeps you topped off, similarly buzzed & coming back for more.
A test is to get out your old emeter and get it up and running so you can sit and take in something interesting on the tube while someone works the dial so as to duplicate a session, only minus the actual auditing.
See if you feel like you had a session after a couple of hours.
Or if you're a solo auditor, then do it solo.
Now try the experiment while reading affirmations.
Interesting results.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You sound like you're channelling Arnie.

I haven't found this effect at all.

Paul

Yes perhaps because you didn't think of it first in view of your openly antagonistic relationship with Arnie.
But open up an old Mark IV like I have and while looking at the 6 AA battery pack ask yourself "Where is that amount of energy being burnt through to only last 5 hrs (as I faintly recollect), when it will power my radio for days if not weeks? The utilization of nothing more than a flimsy meter uses up that much juice? When I got mine serviced, as the batteries would no longer charge, this was what I'd seen that he put in.
The body seems to collect energies.
Newton's Law of Energy as well.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You sound like you're channelling Arnie.

I haven't found this effect at all.

Paul

Yes perhaps because you didn't think of it first in view of your openly antagonistic relationship with Arnie.
But open up an old Mark IV like I have and while looking at the 6 AA battery pack ask yourself "Where is that amount of energy being burnt through to only last 5 hrs (as I faintly recollect), when it will power my radio for days if not weeks? The utilization of nothing more than a flimsy meter uses up that much juice? When I got mine serviced, as the batteries would no longer charge, this was what I'd seen that he put in.
An analogy being, You can buy hand hand voltage meters that require no external energy at all to power them as the current alone that they measure is what powers them.
And the body seems to collect energies.
I am one of those energies.
Perhaps it's a disharmonious, sick electrical energy when you have that many AA's simultaneously discharging into you and explains the OT cancer rate.
These were my thoughts back in the late 70's when I got out except for premonitions that there would be a cancer problem, of which I had none.
I didn't know or know of an Arnie Lerma let alone what theories he had that mirrored my own.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The body seems to collect energies.

I don't have any problem with electricity causing bodily effects. I've used a zapper (9 volts DC, pulsed 30KHz) to cause bodily effects for over 20 years (the one first shown in the video for 15+ years). The thing is that I have had sessions on a meter after which I felt great; sessions off the meter after which I felt great; sessions on the meter where I felt bad; sessions off the meter where I felt bad. The meter isn't a significant factor in feeling good or feeling bad. I appreciate some of Arnie's work and ideas; this one, no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-lIUz3A1Rs

Paul

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I don't have any problem with electricity causing bodily effects. I've used a zapper (9 volts DC, pulsed 30KHz) to cause bodily effects for over 20 years (the one first shown in the video for 15+ years). The thing is that I have had sessions on a meter after which I felt great; sessions off the meter after which I felt great; sessions on the meter where I felt bad; sessions off the meter where I felt bad. The meter isn't a significant factor in feeling good or feeling bad. I appreciate some of Arnie's work and ideas; this one, no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-lIUz3A1Rs

Paul

My Hulda Clark zapper uses just one 9 volt battery which powers it for weeks. Even to the point of giving me small skin burns where the penny's make skin contact if I'm sweating. The 6 AA batteries in my old Mark IV need recharging after just 2 sessions. Where does that energy go? Certainly not to power the dial!
I take it you've never sat while hooked up to an emeter by any manner of means while reading or watching the tube, or anything of little consequence, and noted the results. Then compare it with a zapper.
And I never said that you can not achieve the same feelings of elation w/o using the emeter while applying Scilon processes or simple affirmations for that matter. I'm just saying that it synthesizes the feeling through it's trickle charging your energy field with the possibility of harmful side effects. The emeter is the precursor to the zapper with the added unnecessary distraction of the dial.

Last edited: