What's new

The end of Disconnection

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
A lot of people are still hurting because of it, and it is still going on, but is disconnection becoming more of a danger to the survival CofS than a means of protecting it?

When people were disconnected years ago, there was still a large core of Scienctologists who were still in.

The disconnection of such a large number of Scientologists in South Africa has led me to an interesting thought:

If you had to disconnect from 10% of your friends every year, you are still retaining 90% of your friends. By the time another year has gone by, you have adjusted and grieved and you are ready to disconnect from the next 10% who get declared.

If you have to disconnect from 50% of your friends in one go, you are essentially having to make a decision between 50% of your friends on both sides. If you add into the mix how pissed off people are in the CofS right now (judging by the SA situation and Debbie Cook's letter), wouldn't you expect a significant number of people to decide to leave?

If half of them leave, then the rest have 75% of their friends out and 25% in. Would half of them then leave? And so on...

Will the end of Scientology be brought about ultimately by the end of disconnection itself?

Purple Rain

Crusader
A lot of people are still hurting because of it, and it is still going on, but is disconnection becoming more of a danger to the survival CofS than a means of protecting it?

When people were disconnected years ago, there was still a large core of Scienctologists who were still in.

The disconnection of such a large number of Scientologists in South Africa has led me to an interesting thought:

If you had to disconnect from 10% of your friends every year, you are still retaining 90% of your friends. By the time another year has gone by, you have adjusted and grieved and you are ready to disconnect from the next 10% who get declared.

If you have to disconnect from 50% of your friends in one go, you are essentially having to make a decision between 50% of your friends on both sides. If you add into the mix how pissed off people are in the CofS right now (judging by the SA situation and Debbie Cook's letter), wouldn't you expect a significant number of people to decide to leave?

If half of them leave, then the rest have 75% of their friends out and 25% in. Would half of them then leave? And so on...

Will the end of Scientology be brought about ultimately by the end of disconnection itself?

I think you are right, and to some extent this is already happening. Or people are flat out disobeying them - pretending to disconnect and keeping secretly in touch. The big danger of the latter is that in order to do this the Scientologists have to have discovered that they can fool the e-meter. And that is huge, when I think about it.

The cult could modify their disconnection policy and still appear to be "on source" - as with most of the "scriptures" there are soft PR outer-onion versions as well as the contradictory hard-sell-don't-ever-be-reasonable versions. So they could really wind disconnection back to where it isn't that common and is almost never used in family circumstances. The danger with that is they lose their most basic cultic hold on their followers and would have to play it more "straight religion". The rest of the con might be still enough to hold people, though, if they were having frequent enough good vibrations and "key-outs" and "wins".

Somebody who truly wanted to turn the business around probably could, but I don't think Miscavige is in it for that. At this point he's just extracting as many gold teeth from corpses as possible.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are a lot of folk in Sydney alone who are "under the radar" and stay connected to the Co$ simply because of the threat of disconnection.:coolwink:

But - they also connect up with "SPs" whenever and wherever they can and make it quietly known where they truly stand.:yes:

The maths of that - I don't have figures of how many are "under the radar" but no longer culties.:confused2:

But I think that would make your calculations a lot more skewed in the favour of cult downfall sooner rather than later.:yes:

Cult is little more than a hollow shell now - it's only really got a few trusted celebrities and the SO members who aren't too disenchanted that it can count on.:omg:

Everyone else has left the building.:happydance:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think you are right, and to some extent this is already happening. Or people are flat out disobeying them - pretending to disconnect and keeping secretly in touch. The big danger of the latter is that in order to do this the Scientologists have to have discovered that they can fool the e-meter. And that is huge, when I think about it.

The cult could modify their disconnection policy and still appear to be "on source" - as with most of the "scriptures" there are soft PR outer-onion versions as well as the contradictory hard-sell-don't-ever-be-reasonable versions. So they could really wind disconnection back to where it isn't that common and is almost never used in family circumstances. The danger with that is they lose their most basic cultic hold on their followers and would have to play it more "straight religion". The rest of the con might be still enough to hold people, though, if they were having frequent enough good vibrations and "key-outs" and "wins".

Somebody who truly wanted to turn the business around probably could, but I don't think Miscavige is in it for that. At this point he's just extracting as many gold teeth from corpses as possible.

Check out the Facebook pages of your local Scientologists! They are still "friends" with local declared SP's - I think the exiting of members is so overwhelming to the CULT - they don't have the energy or fortitude to enlist the Scientological Facebook Police anymore.

The FB Police really did some damage to the cult! It really showed just how evil Scientology really is!

A few years ago - OSA tightly reined over facebook. Maybe there is no one left in OSA - a very real possibility!:yes:

Techless

Patron Meritorious
I think the end of disconnection will only be when everyone has become disconnected from everyone else.

This is probably the most horrible I can imagine now.

But really? It's definitely going to be the end of the psychosis called Scn, and along with about a thousand other things that are completely the opposite of just what and why we got into it to begin with.

Sanity will prevail here. A whole lot of healing has been taking place.

The monster will eat itself.

The time this'll take take is what bothers me the most. but it will happen

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
As a former public Scientologist myself, I think there's a big difference between what David Miscavige sees on a daily basis and what the majority of Scientologists see.

He's surrounded by Sea Org people doing whatever he says but in outer orgs it's different.

I've been in an Advanced Org being told by RTC Sea Org muppets that I have to disconnect and I've stood there and told them they didn't know what they were talking about. Back at my local org, everyone agreed with me, not with the Sea Org.

Even when people were Declared, the general consesus was that they weren't really SPs, it was just "the rules".

Nowadays my old org seems to be empty and it looks like most orgs are going this way. DM thinks everyone will do what he says but I think the South Africa situation will show that most people who aren't Sea Org will follow the so-called SPs out the door.

That's just the way I see it.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists seem to be disconnecting from Scientology in greater numbers than ever before.

Orgs are empty.

Sea Org body routers in L.A. trolling for bodies are a clear sign of the dire straits Scientology finds itself in.

Even with slave labor, Scientology's finances are uncontrollably hemorrhaging.

Desperate Dave is down to playing his final cards.

More books, films, and expose's are on the way...

the floodgates are w-i-d-e open!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Id like to get all your input on this please.

Since I officially demanded Central CF to put me in the 'psychotic Espees '' file (espees not enough to be left alone), My dear friends of decades disconnected from me but never wrote me a letter, never told me, just got silent and ignored me suddenly.

At that time, I checked all my $cientologists facebook in my area to discover that many of them were sitll in comm with eachother. It remains the same till a few years.

Suddenly, yeasterday, after It came back in my mind because fo the Disconnection Campaign thread, I gave again a check on those facebook accounts.

:nervous:

Its like if there has been a garage sale or spring cleaning done...I can say that for many accounts more than 50% of Old $cientologists contacts were gone..zoup...vanished...even members of the same family :duh:

That has happend in the last 2-3 years!

My question: Browsing the $cientologists facebook accounts in your area, especially old times ones, did you observed something similar ????
Thanks

* Several have either routed out of the staff or the SO - I can't even figure out who still in!

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Id like to get all your input on this please.
,snip>
My question: Browsing the $cientologists facebook accounts in your area, especially old times ones, did you observed something similar ????
Thanks

* Several have either routed out of the staff or the SO - I can't even figure out who still in!

I never browse facebook to see who has disconnected from whom.

I've been gone from the cult about a quarter of a century. many in the cult have disconnected from me & some have not.

What I've noticed is more & more people "in" tell the MAA they disconnected, but, they stay connected.

Among my friends that have never been in the cult . . . some just drift off, some just disappear entirely. They get busy with living their life.

I never give it a second thought as, to me, real friends will always come back into my life.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if some one writes me a letter of "disconnection" we are connected as long as I continue to think of them & send good thoughts their way.

scn touts communication is two way, right ? I keep communicating in my thoughts :)

Last edited: