What's new

"The first REAL OT Level" enemy line?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
The only way someone who was in Scientology for more than five minutes could be in that condition, would be to have read the statement, "What is true for you, is true for you" and taken it literally. And then, deciding the statement to be untrue for them - as is their Ron-given right according to this very statement - catch themselves in a mental hammerlock of Catch 22 proportions.

Once they eventually untangle such a mess and realize the subtle humo(u)r in LRH's works, it all makes sense. And then their case progress can start in earnest.

LITERALNESS = STUPIDITY

haiqu

You are not allowed to use the "S" word without risk of getting banned.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
If there weren't so many casualties, it would be funnier.

I do appreciate the wry humor, though, in LRH coaxing people into calling themselves "thetans," without ever realizing the joke is on them. Those are the best kinds of jokes really, the ones the victim never recognizes.

I still don't get the humor in 'Keeping Scientlogy Working', or in LRH as "Commodore" with "Command Intention," or placing children in the ship's chain locker, or the Fair Game Law, but then I'm still bogged down in things, such as taking, "tricked, sued, lied to or destroyed" literally.

Maybe Dianetics was a joke book as well. Ha ha ha! And then along came Scientology. Ha ha ha! People just didn't get the joke. Good old LRH !!!

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
If there weren't so many casualties, it would be funnier.

I do appreciate the wry humor, though, in LRH coaxing people into calling themselves "thetans," without ever realizing the joke is on them. Those are the best kinds of jokes really, the ones the victim never recognizes.

Get thee behind me, thetan. :)

haiqu

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

I still don't get the humor in 'Keeping Scientlogy Working', or in LRH as "Commodore" with "Command Intention," or placing children in the ship's chain locker, or the Fair Game Law, but then I'm still bogged down in things, such as taking, "tricked, sued, lied to or destroyed" literally.

Get thee behind me, thetan. :)

haiqu

You neglected to address the humor in the other mentioned items.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
You neglected to address the humor in the other mentioned items.

I'd say that this:

"We will not speculate here on why this was so or how I came to rise above the bank. We are dealing only in facts and the above is a fact"

is at the very least worth a chuckle.

Zinj

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I'd say that this:

"We will not speculate here on why this was so or how I came to rise above the bank. We are dealing only in facts and the above is a fact"

is at the very least worth a chuckle.

Zinj

Well maybe not a chuckle but definitely some consternation. What does it mean? Does it mean he was a Natural Clear, or that he cleared himself, or that he was able to handle the banks of others, or that he rose above his own bank while he still had it? This is something I'd very much like to speculate on.

Did LRH have a Clear number? I guess not. Was he on attest lines like everyone else? I can't see why he should be an exception. :confused:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Well maybe not a chuckle but definitely some consternation. What does it mean? Does it mean he was a Natural Clear, or that he cleared himself, or that he was able to handle the banks of others, or that he rose above his own bank while he still had it? This is something I'd very much like to speculate on.

Did LRH have a Clear number? I guess not. Was he on attest lines like everyone else? I can't see why he should be an exception. :confused:

I've wondered the very same things myself. Maybe Alan could shed some light?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I've wondered the very same things myself. Maybe Alan could shed some light?

As I remember it from what people were saying when I was in, He just announced that He was Clear one day. When you are a Great Being(tm) like LRH I guess you can just do that sort of thing as the mood takes you.

Vinaire

Sponsor
As I remember it from what people were saying when I was in, He just announced that He was Clear one day. When you are a Great Being(tm) like LRH I guess you can just do that sort of thing as the mood takes you.

The game maker has his rights...

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
You contradict yourself. One may cite various outpoints. Contrary facts for example.

Why not say what you mean by spiritual?

Is this a capacity of an animal?

What sort of " animal" is that?
Seems the discussion was leaning towards the concept of OT, in the hubbo sense, as being mechanical as I recall.

My animals / doggies demonstrate great compassion for each other and are very caring and nurturing to one another, except to the gophers and squirrels that invade their domain.

I guess my eternal unanswered question to you is; since you first discovered / recovered your so-called ability to attract that tiny piece of paper to your finger and move it to the other, how have you progressed on your spiritual path; aka, bridge since then?

In the spiritual abilities domain, defined by the work of your religion’s founder, do you feel you’re now qualified to operate as a Xerox copy machine? :)

Last edited:

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
Outsiders cannot assess whether or not a person feels better or has made emotional or spiritual progress.

Further, anyone who uses "as judged by outsiders" as the sole criterion for deciding to do anything would be someone who either did not know his or her own mind or didn't want to do the thing in the first place.

That never happens.

I often wondered the same thing about why they were called OT levels when the first "actual OT level" was 7 OT levels past the first one.

Class12

Patron
I've been on audited nots now for three or more weeks.

I don''t know who started this datum that OT8 was "THE FIRST REAL OT LEVEL".

Does anybody know how this word spread that OT8 was the first REAL OT level and where it came from?

Beside LRH ED 342 INT, FROM CLEAR TO ETERNITY, the Class X to XII materials (which are based on discoveries and data from OT VIII-XV) do make that mention.

OT VIII was originally written in 1969. It bears next to no similarity with what is being offered on the Freewinds as "New OT VIII".

In a Telex sent to the Excutive Council FSO and read to Flag tech staff only circa 1982-83, LRH said of the state of "Solo NOTS completion" (the last level before OT VIII) "It is light years to the Next Level of OT (OT VIII).

Having seen both versions, I tend to agree with LRH statement on the matter and I would label the Freewind version as both tame and incomplete. Perhaps here lies the true enemy line.

Pierre Ethier

Veda

Sponsor
Beside LRH ED 342 INT, FROM CLEAR TO ETERNITY, the Class X to XII materials (which are based on discoveries and data from OT VIII-XV) do make that mention.

OT VIII was originally written in 1969. It bears next to no similarity with what is being offered on the Freewinds as "New OT VIII".

In a Telex sent to the Excutive Council FSO and read to Flag tech staff only circa 1982-83, LRH said of the state of "Solo NOTS completion" (the last level before OT VIII) "It is light years to the Next Level of OT (OT VIII).

Having seen both versions, I tend to agree with LRH statement on the matter and I would label the Freewind version as both tame and incomplete. Perhaps here lies the true enemy line.

Pierre Ethier

Hubbard kept his 1969 OT 8 in a safe on the Apollo, and threatened to destroy it if stats weren't up.

He said it had to do with "failed purposes," but whatever it was, it didn't make him or the Sea Org any less crazy.

Can you tell us about it?

Vinaire

Sponsor
Hubbard kept his 1969 OT 8 in a safe on the Apollo, and threatened to destroy it if stats weren't up.

He said it had to do with "failed purposes," but whatever it was, it didn't make him or the Sea Org any less crazy.

Can you tell us about it?

Veda, were you on Apollo?

haiqu

Patron Meritorious

Pierre Ethier

Hi Pierre,

Good to see you posting here. I've attempted to contact you via the address on your website, but email goes unanswered.

Just a comment on the above. LRH mentions OT VIII several times in the Class VIII course tapes, which means it was in development as early as 1968.

haiqu

Veda

Sponsor
Hi Pierre,

Good to see you posting here. I've attempted to contact you via the address on your website, but email goes unanswered.

Just a comment on the above. LRH mentions OT VIII several times in the Class VIII course tapes, which means it was in development as early as 1968.

haiqu

Starting around 1969, and for roughly ten years, OT 8 was displayed at the top of Grade Chart. It was the final OT level. The top OT level.

It was described on the Grade Chart as (from memory), "Knowing and willing cause over matter, energy, space, time, form and life, subjective and objective."

In the late 1970s, Hubbard announced the "release" of OT 8, and that there were "perhaps 15 levels above OT 8." (Meaning "OT 23") This gave Scientologists the good news that OT 8 was soon to be made available, but the bad news that it was not the ultimate level after all (was not as earlier described on the Grade Chart), BUT since Scientologists always love more OT levels (especially if they're numbered), this was regarded as welcome news.

Shortly after this, the announcement was made that there was a NEW OT 8, and that OT 8 was no longer the top level (which people, by now, had accepted anyway), but that OT 8 was the FIRST OT level.

Standard bait and switch.

There are still people who crave their Sea Org era "Bridge" and desperately desire the OT 8 they saw at the top of the Grade Chart all through the 1970s.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
"The first Real OT Level"enemy line?

haiqu

I remember Ron working on the OT levels.
The first time i thought he had some one in his office.He was talking for ages,
then he came out to give me a message and he was the only one in the room.He was talking to a tape recorder. Silly me:duh:
He spent weeks doing this,sometimes never leaving the office the whole of my shift.
I only ever caught the odd word,mostly it was just a mumble.
If he showed his face.it was usually to speak to MSH.

As i said in my story,it was hard to stay awake.If i heard a loud splash in the water in the still of night,i wondered was it a dolphin,or a shark:eek:

On occasion we (LRH and I)would go to the teltext office,but he nearly always told me to go off somewhere.I n other words it was private.

Tamasin