What's new

The Flag Order Thread

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Shore Story document is a very interesting.

One thing I find disturbing is the punishment for failure to snitch (near the top of page 2).

The other thing very worrisome thing is people going to the embassy without authorization being a problem for Scientology. We all know why, but seeing it writing, I can't help but think of all those people who were shipped around on a floating prison.

Martin-O

Patron
It is 1973. The enthusiasm of the early years of the Sea Org is long gone and the "Commodore" is in a pissy mood:

officer-irresponsibility-1-jpg.235394

officer-irresponsibility-2-jpg.235395

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
It is 1973. The enthusiasm of the early years of the Sea Org is long gone and the "Commodore" is in a pissy mood:

officer-irresponsibility-1-jpg.235394

officer-irresponsibility-2-jpg.235395

Were there ever any Apollo crew comm eved? If so would not Hubbard, according to this policy, be libel and therefore comm eved himself? Ummmm........nevermind.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Were there ever any Apollo crew comm eved? If so would not Hubbard, according to this policy, be libel and therefore comm eved himself? Ummmm........nevermind.

Those were my exact thoughts reading that raging rant of a "Flag Order".

Then, in compliance with study tech, I began to think of "examples" of Hubbard's infallible datum and instantly thought of David Mayo.

--LRH's personal auditor and Case Supervisor. Hubbard delegated those powers to Mayo.

--The Senior C/S International. Hubbard promoted Mayo to that post, his immediate junior.

--Senior Tech Terminal worldwide, to ensure standardness of the tech after LRH was gone. Hubbard bequeathed those authorities and ultimate powers to Mayo.

Yet, it turns out (according to Hubbard) that Mayo was "The Darling of the Psychs" and the most despicable and damaging "squirrel" imaginable. Mayo's betrayal, sabotage and international destruction of Ron's tech was chronicled in a mad manifesto entitled "The Story of A Squirrel" where Hubbard did everything in his cultic power to personally and professional assassinate Mayo and "utterly destroy" him, just like the Fair Game policies mandate.

Planetary devastation!

And Hubbard, Science of Survival tone scale tech and all, completely goofed the floof and promoted one of the most evil SPs that ever lived (Mayo) to the most senior posts imaginable! Well, that's what Hubbard did as his immediate senior.

And what was the consequence of all this savage incompetence on Hubbard's part?

Nothing.

Well, actually that's not quite exactly true. Hubbard and his omnipresent self-portrait photographs received standing ovations. To validate him for detecting and handling Mayo the SP and Squirrel.

Yeah, that's how completely insane Scientology is.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Those were my exact thoughts reading that raging rant of a "Flag Order".

Then, in compliance with study tech, I began to think of "examples" of Hubbard's infallible datum and instantly thought of David Mayo.

--LRH's personal auditor and Case Supervisor. Hubbard delegated those powers to Mayo.

--The Senior C/S International. Hubbard promoted Mayo to that post, his immediate junior.

--Senior Tech Terminal worldwide, to ensure standardness of the tech after LRH was gone. Hubbard bequeathed those authorities and ultimate powers to Mayo.

Yet, it turns out (according to Hubbard) that Mayo was "The Darling of the Psychs" and the most despicable and damaging "squirrel" imaginable. Mayo's betrayal, sabotage and international destruction of Ron's tech was chronicled in a mad manifesto entitled "The Story of A Squirrel" where Hubbard did everything in his cultic power to personally and professional assassinate Mayo and "utterly destroy" him, just like the Fair Game policies mandate.

Planetary devastation!

And Hubbard, Science of Survival tone scale tech and all, completely goofed the floof and promoted one of the most evil SPs that ever lived (Mayo) to the most senior posts imaginable! Well, that's what Hubbard did as his immediate senior.

And what was the consequence of all this savage incompetence on Hubbard's part?

Nothing.

Well, actually that's not quite exactly true. Hubbard and his omnipresent self-portrait photographs received standing ovations. To validate him for detecting and handling Mayo the SP and Squirrel.

Yeah, that's how completely insane Scientology is.

:goodposting:
Your logic and historical accuracy are unassailable.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Here is another classic FO, the Commodore's view on Out-2D:

When I was in the SO in the early 80's, I heard from an old-timer that in the 60's, things were a bit more, shall we say, free-wheeling, and the thing which triggered the FO was an small epidemic of "sexually-transmitted disease" on one of the ships. Anybody know anything more detailed about the 1960's ship days?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
When I was in the SO in the early 80's, I heard from an old-timer that in the 60's, things were a bit more, shall we say, free-wheeling, and the thing which triggered the FO was an small epidemic of "sexually-transmitted disease" on one of the ships. Anybody know anything more detailed about the 1960's ship days?

Hi there

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
The fuck.....

Dr Hubtard transmitted his gonorrhea to all the ship crew :grouch: (Yurk)

(since its only a consideration...was perhaps adressed with ethics gradients instead of meds administration and condoms):confused2:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
sxgcxe.png

Well, report to ethics then Commodore. You let your organization be infiltrated and subverted. Per your own orders you are responsible.

Oh wait, you can't report for duty as a swamper, you're A.W.O.L. off "circling a star because it's rejuvenating for a being" or some such glib justification for your failure.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Welcome to the "Deck Project Force" (DPF), the actual forerunner of the RPF:

Not really. It's the forerunner of the land-based EPF (Estates Project Force).

It gets confusing because from either the late 70s or early 80s on (I assume it's still the same) there co-existed in the SO land bases the EPF, RPF and DPF. The EPF was for new recruits, the RPF was for people upper management wanted off-post (off org posts) for years, and "the Decks" was for people that management (often local) wanted off post doing MEST work for a while, like weeks not years.

EDIT: Sometimes veteran staff got to do the EPF too, either because they had never done those basic SO courses or because the EPF was much more regimented than the DPF, which in comparison to the other two tended to be rather sloppy without a fixed program for the deckies to follow, and some management peep(s) wanted the staff member to undergo its rigours.

Paul

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

It gets confusing because from either the late 70s or early 80s on (I assume it's still the same) there co-existed in the SO land bases the EPF, RPF and DPF. The EPF was for new recruits, the RPF was for people upper management wanted off-post (off org posts) for years, and "the Decks" was for people that management (often local) wanted off post doing MEST work for a while, like weeks not years.

Paul

One of the things that I was astonished to learn when I first started reading posts here on esmb was the length of time people were spending on the RPF. While I have no doubt that assigning people to the RPF was pretty arbitrary and if an exec didn't like your face you could be routed on to it, the idea that you might spend years on it simply wasn't an issue when I did it in the early seventies, and I was horrified to find out that this was pretty commonplace later on.

I think it took me about 6 months to complete the checksheet and get all the necessary commendations to allow me to 'graduate' and return to the land of the living, and as far as I can remember, that sort of time was about par for the course. The fact that after being 'rehabilitated' I promptly blew the SO and never went back is ironical to say the least.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Hi there

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
The fuck.....

Dr Hubtard transmitted his gonorrhea to all the ship crew :grouch: (Yurk)

(since its only a consideration...was perhaps adressed with ethics gradients instead of meds administration and condoms):confused2:

Now don't be silly.

Hubturd would have told you that condoms are the cause of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious

EDIT: Sometimes veteran staff got to do the EPF too, either because they had never done those basic SO courses or because the EPF was much more regimented than the DPF, which in comparison to the other two tended to be rather sloppy without a fixed program for the deckies to follow, and some management peep(s) wanted the staff member to undergo its rigours.

Paul

So true and spot on. I was lucky enough to do all three. Did the EPF with a guy who had been on the ship. He was on his fourth go around and was fitness boarded out two weeks later. A real ship guy but had no idea about Scientology. Funny out security story for a later time. Did a cmo EPF.

The decks were used just as stated above. if a mission was assigned a lower condition you could be sent to the decks. Mostly it was used during situation handling missionaries that need to establish ethics presence.

Thanks for your continued input of the facts with little to no distortion. I appreciate you.

pkatz

Patron with Honors
the EPF was much more regimented than the DPF, which in comparison to the other two tended to be rather sloppy without a fixed program for the deckies to follow, and some management peep(s) wanted the staff member to undergo its rigours. Paul

Am I right that you're referring to the DPF aboard Athena and the other boat they had in Europe? (Castlemane or something like that?)

IN PAC, early 70's the DPF was quite regimented, once Scott Mayer ascended to Excalibur Captain. The auditing was an FPRD (Confessional) list if i remember rightly. Daily sessions were scheduled for each DPFer, and I recall the names of at least six full-time Div 4 auditors.

The work projects were tightly monitored and one time one place one job was strictly adhered to. The time machine (ETD) for each newbie was watched closely by Qual Sec George D. Scotty would want to know the why for any overstays.

Flag rejects offloaded to Excalibur and placed in unearned executive positions; and Scott replaced by Riggs Eckelberry as Captain began a quick decline of our smooth running machine, ending in chaos, hate, mistrust of shipmates, a mass RPF assignment and at least one cog in said machine (me) quitting the SO.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Am I right that you're referring to the DPF aboard Athena and the other boat they had in Europe? (Castlemane or something like that?)

No. Originally the DPF was the new-peeps project force on the ships, and the EPF was the new-peeps project force at the land bases, although I'm not sure when the EPF in that name got instituted. I joined the SO in Sept 1972 at Saint Hill UK, and got the idea that the EPF was fairly new. If the land bases had DPFs before that, fair enough. One course on my EPF was the "Ship's Org Book," wholly inappropriate really at a land base.

It was sometime in the late 70s or early 80s (from memory) that all three co-existed at the land bases, which is what I was describing with the "sloppy" DPF. I don't know what happened on the ships when they wanted to put long-term staff onto MEST work for a few weeks.

Paul

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
<snip>

IN PAC, early 70's the DPF was quite regimented, once Scott Mayer ascended to Excalibur Captain. The auditing was an FPRD (Confessional) list if i remember rightly. Daily sessions were scheduled for each DPFer, and I recall the names of at least six full-time Div 4 auditors.

<snip>

The FPRD was first issued around 1984 IIRC.