What's new

The Forrest Gump of Scientology

Scientologists both in and out might know me by my former pen name, Murray Luther. My articles and comments on Scientology have appeared on newsgroups and other sites since 2004. I sometimes like to think of myself as the Forrest Gump of Scientology. At times a hapless devotee, at other times a clueless spectator, I was there during some of the Church’s most defining moments. It was the time of deprogrammers, covert operations, and the Guardians Office FBI raids. I took part in PR and intelligence operations, shady financial deals, survived the tabloid controversies, and witnessed the many internal schisms, political purges, and revised policies from which the Church has never recovered.

I've started an ambitious project called Former Scientologist Magazine. It's the first of its kind, I think: Not a news forum or a blog, but a professional-grade online publication that will rival anything that the Church of Scientology has ever attempted. The least we can do is have a web presence that meets and exceeds the pretentious and over-hyped content found within the Church’s online network.

More Details: https://www.gofundme.com/challenge-scientologys-pr-machine

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
Let me say I like your project - very machiavellian, in the best sense ofcourse! :biggrin:
I just wanted to donate to you - which I do very seldomly and only to anti-cult projects... However, they wanted a credit card number, and I don't have a credit card. Well, shit. Apparently on Gofundme this is the only option, at least that's what gets displayed on my phone. Can't you provide a way to donate using Paypal?! :( Thanks. :cool:
PS: On the page of the magazine, there is a text:
"Or you can go to our publisher's PayPal page and donate directly. Just click on the logo image."
... But I can't find a working link.
You may want to message me privately here and provide a paypal ID to donate to, if that does not for some reason represent a security risk.

Thanks for the thumbs up, tesseract. The PayPal image link works from where I sit. Though there's no hover function that indicates a link, just click on the image and you should be fine. If you're still having problems, let me know. In that case there might be a glitch that requires my attention.