The great David & Marty transfer of Scientology Power (show)?

HoraciotheOT8

Patron with Honors
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...uit-Scientologist-spent-30-mil-to-cover-death

DM is tired and rich (think yachts on an ocean). Marty is energetic and poor (think fishing off a row boat on a river).

Now ever since their 'divorce' became public, the public, or at least certain parts of it, were skeptical. What with Marty bull baiting David like no one before, and David making a feeble show of concern (ala send in the clowns). Something didn't smell right.

Now suppose David and Marty (pals for years and years and years) had the foresight to plan the impending transfer of power? I mean, think about it, these two (along with Mike Rinder) have handled the United States Court system like an adult handling a child (for years and years and years). Do this, don't do that, etc. etc. And they all 3 had access to lawyers with the intellectual legal prowess of an Einstein, along with the moral decency of, well, each other.

Far fetched? Read Science of Survival. Far fetched in Scientology is the stable datum.

Miscaviage is untouchable. Period. He will retire in luxury when he is damn well ready. And Marty is untouchable too, at least where the United State Court system is concerned. And Marty knows that (and so does David). As well as would any lawyer worth his weight in corruption. Think statutes of limitations.

We are talking Billions of dollars here folks. We are not talking book one auditing.

It's the classic Snow-White tranformation of power as evidence of innocence. Scientology as a benign 'religion' is innocent, and thus remains in the good graces of the government. DM was the bad apple (think the Guardians Office) and now he's gone. Marty is the new improved (law abiding) OSA. Which name will be changed from OSA to something or other. Which Mike Rinder will lead. (with Sneakster as a senior loyal and trusted aide).

Look, in America, even though a Corporation is a person for 'free speech' purposes, you cannot put a corporation in prison. Nor a religion.

I suspect the day is coming when Marty Rathbun is back at the helm, this time as 'THE MAN' of Scientology, in an extravagant event that will make L. Ron Hubbards death announcement look like a jr. high school practice production.

As a legal practical matter Dandar will win his suit. He will be free of his chains. And life will go on, for him. But as a moral practical matter, Scientology will re-invent itself, once again, and will continue to enslave under the guise of setting free, lie in the name of being honest, and destroy in the name of creating, a world without insanity....etc. etc.

Horacio

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
David Miscavige is doomed - no amount of money will make him happy and to not have power over the poor degraded beings that have served his royal hein-ASS for most of his pitiful life will surely put him in a state of complete and utter RUIN! He has no where to run and no where to hide. No one likes this guy - NO ONE! Hubbard, at least, had a few loyal ass kisser's that stayed with him whilst he hid out in his trailer with his "new name and identity" - and he died lonely, sitting on millions of dollars but had nothing to spend it on - no family, no love! Hubbard was NOTHING but a figment of his delusion he "implanted" in the mind of his loyal followers.

Scientology has no solution for David Miscavige. He knows it does not work - and there is NO HELP for him. He is not above the law or being human. He despartely needs HELP and Help in Scientology has even betrayed him. :omg:

Marty may keep the "dog and pony" show going but what else can he do?

Scientology is dead. The gig is up and the world knows all about it - thanks to the internet and actually, thanks to Marty, Mike, Debbie Cook and all of the others who dared to speak up!

Scientology is dead! :yes:

HoraciotheOT8

Patron with Honors
Interesting take. Creative to say the least.

David Miscavige is doomed - no amount of money will make him happy and to not have power over the poor degraded beings that have served his royal hein-ASS for most of his pitiful life will surely put him in a state of complete and utter RUIN! He has no where to run and no where to hide. No one likes this guy - NO ONE! Hubbard, at least, had a few loyal ass kisser's that stayed with him whilst he hid out in his trailer with his "new name and identity" - and he died lonely, sitting on millions of dollars but had nothing to spend it on - no family, no love! Hubbard was NOTHING but a figment of his delusion he "implanted" in the mind of his loyal followers.

Scientology has no solution for David Miscavige. He knows it does not work - and there is NO HELP for him. He is not above the law or being human. He despartely needs HELP and Help in Scientology has even betrayed him. :omg:

Scientology is dead. The gig is up and the world knows all about it - thanks to the internet and actually, thanks to Marty, Mike, Debbie Cook and all of the others who dared to speak up!

guanoloco

As-Wased

5635.gif

Re-venomous

Last edited:

Good twin

Floater
Sadly, it's not dead until the last canary sings. Scientology is capable of reinventing itself. Historical evidence is abundant. The PR tech is about the only thing that does work and yes the information age is a big thorn in the cult's claw, but good people want to believe good things are possible and are hesitant to look at how bad things might be.

Scientology is ALWAYS worse than you think. Even though it sometimes looks like a dog and pony show, the beast still has teeth.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Now ever since their 'divorce' became public, the public, or at least certain parts of it, were skeptical. What with Marty bull baiting David like no one before, and David making a feeble show of concern (ala send in the clowns). Something didn't smell right.

Obnosis.

Now suppose David and Marty (pals for years and years and years) had the foresight to plan the impending transfer of power? I mean, think about it, these two (along with Mike Rinder) have handled the United States Court system like an adult handling a child (for years and years and years). Do this, don't do that, etc. etc. And they all 3 had access to lawyers with the intellectual legal prowess of an Einstein, along with the moral decency of, well, each other.

Far fetched? Read Science of Survival. Far fetched in Scientology is the stable datum.

**SNIP**

I find this prediction interesting. I have long thought that Marty intended to take the whole thing over, but I never thought that DM was complicit. Still, you might be onto something, because there has always been something that stunk to high heaven about Marty's holding back on law enforcement. I thought he was only trying to keep his own hands clean.

Now the only thing that I don't completely understand is why Marty would roll Davey under the bus in this transfer of power scenario. Do you have an explanation for that? Because this revisionist Lisa McPherson story where Davey has blood on his hands and M&M are the poor bumbling document shredder operators who didn't know any better is a bit hard to reconcile with your theory.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...uit-Scientologist-spent-30-mil-to-cover-death

DM is tired and rich (think yachts on an ocean). Marty is energetic and poor (think fishing off a row boat on a river).

Miscaviage is untouchable. Period. He will retire in luxury when he is damn well ready. And Marty is untouchable too, at least where the United State Court system is concerned. And Marty knows that (and so does David). As well as would any lawyer worth his weight in corruption. Think statutes of limitations.

We are talking Billions of dollars here folks. We are not talking book one auditing.

It's the classic Snow-White tranformation of power as evidence of innocence. Scientology as a benign 'religion' is innocent, and thus remains in the good graces of the government. DM was the bad apple (think the Guardians Office) and now he's gone. Marty is the new improved (law abiding) OSA. Which name will be changed from OSA to something or other. Which Mike Rinder will lead. (with Sneakster as a senior loyal and trusted aide).

Look, in America, even though a Corporation is a person for 'free speech' purposes, you cannot put a corporation in prison. Nor a religion.

I suspect the day is coming when Marty Rathbun is back at the helm, this time as 'THE MAN' of Scientology, in an extravagant event that will make L. Ron Hubbards death announcement look like a jr. high school practice production.

As a legal practical matter Dandar will win his suit. He will be free of his chains. And life will go on, for him. But as a moral practical matter, Scientology will re-invent itself, once again, and will continue to enslave under the guise of setting free, lie in the name of being honest, and destroy in the name of creating, a world without insanity....etc. etc.

Horacio

Likely scenario. Only time will tell.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Wot?

Even the dopiest of scientologists could manage to arrange for a change of leader without all the bad PR, financial cost, bitching and general malarkey that any interested person has been able to witness and have a good laugh at.

The head cam routine was comedy gold but I doubt that was the intention.

Lol.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
:hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe he is doing Operation Snow White to clean up his image?

I think he may have realised that his "all in good fun" bullbaiting of Members and Lurkers here has created some undesirable (and unintended) bad feeling. I don't think that it was ever his intention to upset people here but, then again, I'm an Optimist and I try not to take any of Horacio's incarnations or postings too seriously (with one notable heartfelt exception).

TG1

Angelic Poster

Wot?

Even the dopiest of scientologists could manage to arrange for a change of leader without all the bad PR, financial cost, bitching and general malarkey that any interested person has been able to witness and have a good laugh at.

Lol.

I'm with ITYIWT - this Marty and ex-execs v. David war isn't going to leave much standing. This is no way to inherit an empire.

I think the likely biggest myth about all of this is that there's very much money left at all. Millions yes, billions no. So there's another theory.

Occam's razor and all that.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Wot?

Lol.

^^^ This. Plus I don't believe DM would agree to having Marty & Mike & Debbie etc drag his name through the mud for a simple change of leadership when it could have been done a LOT smoother. Marty might be gunning for the Pope's hat, but it's not with DMs blessing (or cooperation).

Also I don't really understand when people downplay the harassment Marty copped from the Squibs. It might have been comedy to us, but can you imagine living with that on your door step for 3 straight months? Everywhere you went you were followed by these asshats. Your neighbors harassed. Your friends harrassed. Nobody could come to your house without being filmed etc. It might not be what they did to Paulette Cooper, but it wasn't *nothing* either. I'd have gone mad if I had to put up with that shit.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
^^^ This. Plus I don't believe DM would agree to having Marty & Mike & Debbie etc drag his name through the mud for a simple change of leadership when it could have been done a LOT smoother. Marty might be gunning for the Pope's hat, but it's not with DMs blessing (or cooperation).

Also I don't really understand when people downplay the harassment Marty copped from the Squibs. It might have been comedy to us, but can you imagine living with that on your door step for 3 straight months? Everywhere you went you were followed by these asshats. Your neighbors harassed. Your friends harrassed. Nobody could come to your house without being filmed etc. It might not be what they did to Paulette Cooper, but it wasn't *nothing* either. I'd have gone mad if I had to put up with that shit.

People downplay the harassment Marty had to put up with because, if it had been done under Hubbard's reign there would have been nothing to laugh about, at all.

It might seem a trivial point, but it is a truth these Dependant scientologists fail to see.If Hubbard were alive today, Rathbun and Rinder would be minced meat.

But I do agree with what you are saying.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
. It might have been comedy to us, but can you imagine living with that on your door step for 3 straight months? Everywhere you went you were followed by these asshats.

Not only would it have been disturbing, annoying and unsettling, I would have been afraid of what one of them might do, if they were unstable and "devoted" enough to relocate themselves to Marty's area to perform this kind of sacred "operation."

The problem with the conspiracy theory -- which I guess is remotely possible -- is that Scientology really is going to increasingly fail because of the Internet, no matter who runs it or what changes are made to it. Too much of it was predicated on secrecy and control -- especially secrecy. It has a very well documented founder and origin. Major religions were formed on a collective longing, and traditional symbolism. Scientology is stamped "1950's nutty hodgepodge." Each year, it is becoming more far fetched.

As the cult collapses, Marty's group could swell to a few thousand, but it will ultimately fade away.

Had it been this conspiracy theory, between Dave and Marty to save the cult -- way too much could have potentially gone wrong. The Internet is transforming society at a blinding pace, never before seen in history. Consider how Marty stumbled along as a noob on the Internet -- was that all an act? There's too many markers that this happened organically, rather than was planned.

Look how the cult is behaving now. They are going into withdrawal. Tommy Davis has left. Debbie Cook has left. Lots of people, even from the highest levels, are leaving. Their new spokesperson will not speak in public.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Not only would it have been disturbing, annoying and unsettling, I would have been afraid of what one of them might do, if they were unstable and "devoted" enough to relocate themselves to Marty's area to perform this kind of sacred "operation."

The problem with the conspiracy theory -- which I guess is remotely possible -- is that Scientology really is going to increasingly fail because of the Internet, no matter who runs it or what changes are made to it. Too much of it was predicated on secrecy and control -- especially secrecy. It has a very well documented founder and origin. Major religions were formed on a collective longing, and traditional symbolism. Scientology is stamped "1950's nutty hodgepodge." Each year, it is becoming more far fetched.

As the cult collapses, Marty's group could swell to a few thousand, but it will ultimately fade away.

Had it been this conspiracy theory, between Dave and Marty to save the cult -- way too much could have potentially gone wrong. The Internet is transforming society at a blinding pace, never before seen in history. Consider how Marty stumbled along as a noob on the Internet -- was that all an act? There's too many markers that this happened organically, rather than was planned.

Look how the cult is behaving now. They are going into withdrawal. Tommy Davis has left. Debbie Cook has left. Lots of people, even from the highest levels, are leaving. Their new spokesperson will not speak in public.

They'll be regging new converts to destruction now to keep up the money flow and those converts will leave. The only hope for them at the moment is to spend some of that billion dollars they have in reserves but that will never happen because it is now personal money.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

I think people downplay it because Marty engaged them in their own game and gave it back to them in spades. I don't think it was exactly fun for them to have their helmet cam pics posted all over teh interwebz. Marty turned them into a punchline, but did so to his own detriment.

Veda

Sponsor
People downplay the harassment Marty had to put up with because, if it had been done under Hubbard's reign there would have been nothing to laugh about, at all.

It might seem a trivial point, but it is a truth these Dependant scientologists fail to see.If Hubbard were alive today, Rathbun and Rinder would be minced meat.

But I do agree with what you are saying.

One possibility is a condition of mutual "blackmail." Rathbun occasionally goes on about how Miscavige doesn't want him talking in court, etc, so is afraid to sue him, or even depose him, etc. This would seem to indicate that there are some things, concerning his time in $cientology as the #2 of $cientology, about which he is not speaking.

Guys with camera hats and squirrel buster t-shirts, providing YouTube-able moments to $cientology's detriment and Rathbun's advantage, no matter how annoying at times to Rathbun, were Fair Game-lite compared to what some others experienced.

Perhaps Miscavige will take the gloves off in the days to come. That remains to be seen. This saga always seems to be on the brink of moving into another, more intense, phase then, somehow, it fizzles. Maybe this time, it won't fizzle. We'll see.

In any event, here's Jesse Prince's take on it from about a year and a half ago:

"...With all the Private Investigator activity that Marty and Mike were reporting, in my opinion what they were reporting seemed lame and tame. In my experience with the same activity perpetrated by the Scientology conglomerate legal and intelligence dis-abler mechanism (Which Marty and Mike were a significant part of), my experiences with Private Investigator activity were far more extreme. Comparatively speaking, it seemed to me that Marty and Mike were having more of a lovers spat [with Miscavige] as opposed to a real showdown."