What's new

The Intentions of L Ron Hubbard

SteptInIt

Patron
Yep, and I read all them thousands of words. But no, he never got anything from the Church. No royalties, no nothing. Those sacks of cash were actually just a front or even a ploy to trap all the evil government operatives that were after him. Of course when it didn't get intercepted, he had the good graces not to return it.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
It's easy to find people who say that we can never know L Ron Hubbard's intentions. He can be criticized for having created one of the most abusive mind control cults ever devised, yes, but "we can never really know whether he intended to do that or not".

I've never been able to understand this argument.

If you observe a person at a free-throw line during a basketball game, staring at the hoop and concentrating, taking aim, and then intently throwing the ball at it - you can clearly see that his intention is to make a basket.

If you observe another person who is standing next to the person taking aim,
who is contr-postulating about another person's that is about to throw the ball,and not just cont'postulating,but physicaly prevents him from throwing the ball...That what it's all about. LRH had good intentions. But he got PTSness.

Gadfly

Crusader
If you observe another person who is standing next to the person taking aim,
who is contr-postulating about another person's that is about to throw the ball,and not just cont'postulating,but physicaly prevents him from throwing the ball...That what it's all about. LRH had good intentions. But he got PTSness.

And you know this how exactly? Are you a mind-reader? Did you get an "A" in ESP in college? Are you of one of many delusional sorts who can "be in another's space and KNOW them inside and out"? Is "telepathy" fully functioning as your dependable "sixth sense"?

The fact here is that you BELIEVE this. Despite any evidence, facts or reports to the contrary. The Scientology operation is VERY GOOD at manipulating, forming and solidifying "belief". The "tech" truly works wonders in THAT regard. They are top-level professionals when it comes to changing minds and controlling attitudes. The use of ARC in conjunction with the "PR Series" is almost ONLY about manipulating belief. It seems to have "worked" on you. The "tech" DOES WORK! Hip-Hip-Hooray!

LOOK AT THE PRODUCTS and forget about trying to figure out what is in the little "black box".

Learn about the concept of a "black box":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box

I agree with Alanzo when he says, Hubbard can be "criticized for having created one of the most abusive mind control cults ever devised", and disagree when he criticizes the notion that, "we can never really know whether he intended to do that or not". Nobody can or will ever know! And it DOESN'T MATTER.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Over and over and over and over. Any student of history KNOWS that fact. Do you live in Russia RG? Do you have some experience with the brutalities of communism? Heard stories from others? Family? Friends? Strangely, Lenin and Marx and Trotsky and Stalin ALL had "good intentions". They each truly had "good intentions" to solve problems with what they viewed to be "the oppressed masses". These "good intentions" are MEANINGLESS. Who cares at all whether any person has or had "good intentions". Concerns for this are misguided and lead nowhere.

Actual BEHAVIOR and actual RESULTS are all that matter. What does a person create? THAT is all that matters. All of this endless debate and figure-figure about intentions is so much nonsense.

But then, people who tend to enjoy thinking with and about invisible things (minds, intentions, spirits, aims, theta universes, statics, postulates, considerations, etc), also tend to easily fly off into often amazingly strange concatenations of logic and convoluted explanations, based on these many strange ideas about what are, for the most part, NOT able to be observed in any way (outside of ones vivid over-busy imagination). Scientology very much DOES appeal, covertly and subtly, to ones "imagination". It involves trickery of a most adept kind.

Read about the theory of the "black box". It matters little what is going on within the "black box" known as Hubbard's mind, but anyone can easily observe what went in and surely what CAME OUT from him (his creations in the real world). He created one of the most insidious machines of thought control and mental manipulation ever invented on this planet. Stalin would be proud! THAT is "Ron's Legacy".

Last edited:

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
And you know this how exactly? Are you a mind-reader? Did you get an "A" in ESP in college? Are you of one of many delusional sorts who can "be in another's space and KNOW them inside and out"?

Hubbard's mind, but anyone can easily observe what went in and surely what CAME OUT from him (his creations in the real world). He created one of the most insidious machines of thought control and mental manipulation ever invented on this planet. Stalin would be proud! THAT is "Ron's Legacy".

As I said, I don't think LRH was an SP.
And about Russia..
I was born in Russia in 1978,after all that communism stuff.
I live in Florida now, (came here as I a teen.)

Gadfly

Crusader
From what I've read she's been his son... :eyeroll:

Oh, be nice . . . . . :confused2:

I don't know whether RG is "real" or somebody's created character, but I try to give her a little bit of the benefit of the doubt. If she wants to believe that she is Ron's kid, that's up to her. But, no matter who one thinks one has been in some past life, the only RIGHT way to handle & address past lives past lives is to FORGET ABOUT THEM - in other words one is in "good shape" when one no longer has any more attention on the past in any form! That's a GOOD thing.

And, if she is not real, who cares? :confused2:

Sorry, RG, we were talking about you behind your back (again). :omg:

Oh, well, I only brought that up in the context of your question. :whistling:

I mean, one might have some insight to the intentions of one's own father, right? :p

Gadfly

Crusader
Oh, well, I only brought that up in the context of your question. :whistling:

I mean, one might have some insight to the intentions of one's own father, right? :p

I know. :whistling:

Maybe yes, and maybe no. People, even very close relatives, wouldn't necessarily REALLY KNOW what was going on in the mind of a person like Hubbard. :no:

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
I know. :whistling:

Maybe yes, and maybe no. People, even very close relatives, wouldn't necessarily REALLY KNOW what was going on in the mind of a person like Hubbard. :no:

hehehe, let me give you a bit of a hard time here. :coolwink:

Not in the physical realm, certainly.

First argument. But what if there is a spiritual realm? Truly. What if all the thoughts are recorded somewhere? What if somebody can have a good hint?

Second argument. I agree with Alanzo, yes Stalin had "great" intentions so did Adolf... look at their results. The pattern is very similar, a beatiful onion cover, with a very, very sick, inner core. Can´t we establish parallels?

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
This thread was MY original idea!! :D

Which I later noticed was somebody else´s original idea... :duh:

Which sometime later I noticed had been even somebody else´s original idea... :confused2:

Man, can we not stop PLAGIARIZING??

It´s fine the Founder did it, and "nobody" noticed.

Can we get a "bit" out of his valence? :melodramatic:

Gadfly

Crusader
hehehe, let me give you a bit of a hard time here. :coolwink:

Not in the physical realm, certainly.

First argument. But what if there is a spiritual realm? Truly. What if all the thoughts are recorded somewhere? What if somebody can have a good hint?

What if, what if, what if, what if . . . . . :confused2:

What does a "spiritual realm" have to do with "all thoughts are recorded somewhere? What are you talking about? The Akashic Records?????

If a frog had wings it would have to jump around bumping its ass all day. But it DOESN'T. There are an infinite infinite number of possible "ifs". Who cares?

Second argument. I agree with Alanzo, yes Stalin had "great" intentions so did Adolf... look at their results. The pattern is very similar, a beatiful onion cover, with a very, very sick, inner core. Can´t we establish parallels?

What parallels are you talking about? Define them. Explain it.

I reiterate, you have NO FUCKING IDEA what went on in the mind of Stalin. You can PRETEND that you do, and possibly even convince a few people, but all you are doing is playing games of "logical extrapolation". Again, I do NOT agree with Alanzo on the second point. Intentions are invisible, just like all things "mental". You can "infer mental things", and ASSUME that you are doing it well and correctly, but I suspect most of this type belief is hallucinatory. Of course, everyone can have a different theory about "what Hubbard was REALLY doing", and "what he REALLY was", and on and on. Just so much endless speculation.

Just watch Tommy Davis. Or David Miscavige. THEY are products of the Hubbard's creation. Just observe consistent Church of Scientology behavior. Who needs to be concerned with "intentions" when the BEHAVIOR is so horribly weird and strange. :omg:

Anonycat

Crusader
Inside Hubbard

Quite simply all you can ever do is INFER based on another person's actions. His private mental state remains private.

Hubbards Affirmations revealed the flacid, failure he was - and determined to overcome his pathetic life. He made up a bunch of crap based on other people ideas, and there you go.

Black Magick > Dianetics > Scientology. :omg:

Veda

Sponsor
Legal definition - "Intent" (to):

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/intent

Legal definition - "Conspiracy" (to):

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/conspiracy

Intention is in the Scientology Dictionary; in Scientology, there is also "Command Intention," "LRH Intention," "counter intention," and "other intention(ness)."

Hubbard wrote of his intentions, and goals, in writings dating back to the 1930s, through the 1940s, into the 1950s and 1960s and 1970s. These intentions followed the pattern of being "overt" (visible) and "covert" (hidden), and there is Tech and Policy on the use of "overt"/"covert."

There are people who have served time in prison for both "intent" and "conspiracy."

Mary Sue Hubbard was one of these, while her husband fled into hiding.

Anonycat

Crusader
Yes, Veda. Simply put, I think his intention was to make shit tons of money whilst lying and breaking the law to expedite his master plan.

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Intentions are Spiritual, and cannot be measure by physical-empirical experience

What parallels are you talking about? Define them. Explain it.

I reiterate, you have NO FUCKING IDEA what went on in the mind of Stalin. You can PRETEND that you do, and possibly even convince a few people, but all you are doing is playing games of "logical extrapolation". Again, I do NOT agree with Alanzo on the second point. Intentions are invisible, just like all things "mental". You can "infer mental things", and ASSUME that you are doing it well and correctly, but I suspect most of this type belief is hallucinatory. Of course, everyone can have a different theory about "what Hubbard was REALLY doing", and "what he REALLY was", and on and on. Just so much endless speculation.

Just watch Tommy Davis. Or David Miscavige. THEY are products of the Hubbard's creation. Just observe consistent Church of Scientology behavior. Who needs to be concerned with "intentions" when the BEHAVIOR is so horribly weird and strange. :omg:

Intentions are not measurable in the physical realm. They don´t belong there. If we mean to investigate, track back, in a physical realm manner, I FULLY agree with you. You can´t.

But. Intentions, first-hand don´t belong in the physical realm. We see the consequences from them, but not the root. Is like a tree. We see the leafs, but not the root. As above, so below.

Decissions > Intentions > Behaviour > Actions > Results

The exact sequence doesn´t matter, what is clear, it all starts in the spiritual realm, and we see only the LEAFS.

So here comes the first paradox.

- Can we extrapolate from the leafs how the roots are?

My answer is YES.

- Can we measure / perceive in the realm of ORIGIN (spirit) the roots?

My answer is YES, again.

This measure / perception is not "empirical" in the physical sense. Cannot be! But nevertheless is less true. Call it deception. You can perceive things in the spiritual realm, and you can hallucinate things in the spiritual realm. Not the same breed of cat.

1. Dr. Newton investigated over 7,000 cases with hynotherapy in the Live Between Lives Area. A huge majority of cases speak of books, where ALL thoughts, experiences, etc... are recorded. I´m not talking about the akhashic records, but it sounds very similar, doesn´t it? Is this investigation true, real, or not? Well, it is the closest we can get from this physical plane.

2. There is a process I´ve done on intentions, and boy, have I found things out. Maybe delussional, fine. But it is the closest I can get.

Again, if you depart only from the physical plane ASSUMPTION, I can only agree FULLY with you.

If I depart from a spiritual plane assumption, I can only agree with Alanzo.

Was I more clear now?